• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:42
CEST 02:42
KST 09:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9362 users

TeamLiquid Map Contest 4 - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
311 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15 16 Next All
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
March 29 2014 00:33 GMT
#61
On March 29 2014 09:30 EatThePath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2014 09:29 SidianTheBard wrote:
Oh man, 3, 4 & 5 player maps only eh? Time to modify Darkness Falls since that was I think the last 4player map I ever made, haha.

Got about 3 weeks though, so I guess I'll try to get the motivation to create something new.

Probably just do some 4player maps though, 3 and 5 take too much effort lol.

Is it time for Fault Lines HE?


omg yes! It's your time to shine!
Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
Yorkie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States12612 Posts
March 29 2014 00:39 GMT
#62
Gah I wish I could make maps. I haz so many ideas!
Hwang Kang Hooooooooooo. Follow mah boy Shellshock @Shellshock1122
Semmo
Profile Joined June 2011
Korea (South)627 Posts
March 29 2014 00:54 GMT
#63
Good Luck everyone!
Mapmaker of Frost, Fruitland and Bridgehead
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
March 29 2014 00:56 GMT
#64
On March 29 2014 09:39 Yorkie wrote:
Gah I wish I could make maps. I haz so many ideas!


Just try it, it's what I'm doing. No way Im gonna win but whatever.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
Yorkie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States12612 Posts
March 29 2014 00:57 GMT
#65
On March 29 2014 09:56 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2014 09:39 Yorkie wrote:
Gah I wish I could make maps. I haz so many ideas!


Just try it, it's what I'm doing. No way Im gonna win but whatever.

Yanno what? You're right let's goooooooooo
Hwang Kang Hooooooooooo. Follow mah boy Shellshock @Shellshock1122
Bareleon
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
371 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-29 01:11:30
March 29 2014 01:08 GMT
#66
Is this for team games or just 1v1?

Also, I am making a couple of maps for the arcade, when they are in beta, where can I talk about them?
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-29 01:14:51
March 29 2014 01:11 GMT
#67
On March 29 2014 04:19 IeZaeL wrote:
How crazy is Sacred Path ? Eligible for voting ? Dunno if i should submit it or i'd waste a spot.

Sacred Path's design is totally okay, there are some other aspects of the map which would need tweaking (such as mineral counts and whatnot). I'll contact you via PM to explain the changes that would need to be made to make it eligible.
On March 29 2014 05:48 mLAN wrote:
Show nested quote +
Entries are not limited to non-Koreans, Korean mapmakers are welcome to submit entries.


This has to be said? Jeeze

Despite being open to Koreans, we only had entries for the first TLMC from them it's worth reminding them that if they wish to enter then they're welcome to (particularly if they're not a member of Crux!)
On March 29 2014 06:16 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Keeping a close eye on this. I hope the judges will be open-minded. I'd love to feature one of the finalists in Clan Wars at least, but it would need to be something more than Daybreak 2.0

We'll do what we can!
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
March 29 2014 01:13 GMT
#68
those art rules? is that why the new Blizzard maps have like 6 doodads apiece? anyway, RIP Kaldir.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
March 29 2014 01:25 GMT
#69
On March 29 2014 04:07 Plexa wrote:
4. Map sizes should be sensible, use the current map pool as a guide.

MEANWHILE: Alterzim Stronghold and Waystation are a thing. Maybe rephrase to "use the current community maps in the ladder pool as a guide"? kekeke
Twitter: @iamcaustic
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-29 01:43:40
March 29 2014 01:42 GMT
#70
On March 29 2014 10:13 NewSunshine wrote:
those art rules? is that why the new Blizzard maps have like 6 doodads apiece? anyway, RIP Kaldir.


Something tells me the art rules won't be enforced much. The only doodads they took out from Hab Station where some of the rocks/plants/vines that I had sunk in the ground. It makes sense when I think about it though because if you burrowed on them you would not be able to see the units. Plus, zerglings/marines were sometimes a little tough to see. Otherwise, Hab Stat has a ton of overlapping doodads and pretty much all those protoss doodads are moving or have lights and shit.

Also, the weather I could see being a problem, since they ended up taking it out of Polar Night due to visibility issues, but everything else, meh, I'll be overlapping the shit out of doodads.

I have some interesting ideas about this now that I've been thinking about it for awhile. Thinking about some fun 4p makes with some No-Fly zones. Although, making the no-fly zones bug free might be a pita.
Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
Psione
Profile Joined March 2014
United States45 Posts
March 29 2014 01:49 GMT
#71
On March 29 2014 10:42 SidianTheBard wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2014 10:13 NewSunshine wrote:
those art rules? is that why the new Blizzard maps have like 6 doodads apiece? anyway, RIP Kaldir.


Something tells me the art rules won't be enforced much. The only doodads they took out from Hab Station where some of the rocks/plants/vines that I had sunk in the ground. It makes sense when I think about it though because if you burrowed on them you would not be able to see the units. Plus, zerglings/marines were sometimes a little tough to see. Otherwise, Hab Stat has a ton of overlapping doodads and pretty much all those protoss doodads are moving or have lights and shit.

I have some interesting ideas about this now that I've been thinking about it for awhile. Thinking about some fun 4p makes with some No-Fly zones. Although, making the no-fly zones bug free might be a pita.

It's really just about keeping performance reasonable on a map for various hardware configurations. Many maps perform just fine with the art that is chosen. In our experience there are certain factors that can contribute to lower performance, so it made sense to offer some suggestions up front to try to help map makers avoid possible issues with the final map.

I recently posted a general breakdown of the preparation that goes into getting a map ladder-ready. It's not an extensive breakdown, but it provides a glimpse into what goes on once we decide on a map that we want to use for the ladder.

2014 Ladder Season 2 - 1v1 Map Discussion
Community Manager - StarCraft II - Twitter: @PsioneBlizzard
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
March 29 2014 03:13 GMT
#72
On March 29 2014 10:42 SidianTheBard wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2014 10:13 NewSunshine wrote:
those art rules? is that why the new Blizzard maps have like 6 doodads apiece? anyway, RIP Kaldir.


Something tells me the art rules won't be enforced much. The only doodads they took out from Hab Station where some of the rocks/plants/vines that I had sunk in the ground. It makes sense when I think about it though because if you burrowed on them you would not be able to see the units. Plus, zerglings/marines were sometimes a little tough to see. Otherwise, Hab Stat has a ton of overlapping doodads and pretty much all those protoss doodads are moving or have lights and shit.

Also, the weather I could see being a problem, since they ended up taking it out of Polar Night due to visibility issues, but everything else, meh, I'll be overlapping the shit out of doodads.

I have some interesting ideas about this now that I've been thinking about it for awhile. Thinking about some fun 4p makes with some No-Fly zones. Although, making the no-fly zones bug free might be a pita.


On the other hand Yeonsu had about 50% of the doodads removed. And everything else changed. Can't really predict what Blizzard will do.
Retired Mapmaker™
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
March 29 2014 03:13 GMT
#73
On March 29 2014 10:49 Psione wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2014 10:42 SidianTheBard wrote:
On March 29 2014 10:13 NewSunshine wrote:
those art rules? is that why the new Blizzard maps have like 6 doodads apiece? anyway, RIP Kaldir.


Something tells me the art rules won't be enforced much. The only doodads they took out from Hab Station where some of the rocks/plants/vines that I had sunk in the ground. It makes sense when I think about it though because if you burrowed on them you would not be able to see the units. Plus, zerglings/marines were sometimes a little tough to see. Otherwise, Hab Stat has a ton of overlapping doodads and pretty much all those protoss doodads are moving or have lights and shit.

I have some interesting ideas about this now that I've been thinking about it for awhile. Thinking about some fun 4p makes with some No-Fly zones. Although, making the no-fly zones bug free might be a pita.

It's really just about keeping performance reasonable on a map for various hardware configurations. Many maps perform just fine with the art that is chosen. In our experience there are certain factors that can contribute to lower performance, so it made sense to offer some suggestions up front to try to help map makers avoid possible issues with the final map.

I recently posted a general breakdown of the preparation that goes into getting a map ladder-ready. It's not an extensive breakdown, but it provides a glimpse into what goes on once we decide on a map that we want to use for the ladder.

2014 Ladder Season 2 - 1v1 Map Discussion

Thanks for responding to my post there; I posted some follow up questions regarding the process in the battle.net thread.
Twitter: @iamcaustic
Fanatic-Templar
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada5819 Posts
March 29 2014 03:23 GMT
#74
On March 29 2014 06:16 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Keeping a close eye on this. I hope the judges will be open-minded. I'd love to feature one of the finalists in Clan Wars at least, but it would need to be something more than Daybreak 2.0


Can we recommend maps for Clan War specifically? I've had an idea I've wanted to try for a long time, but it'll never pass for a ladder map.
I bear this sig to commemorate the loss of the team icon that commemorated Oversky's 2008-2009 Proleague Round 1 performance.
Trozz
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3456 Posts
March 29 2014 03:24 GMT
#75
Good luck you mappers!
Let's see fun technology.
You guys do it best.
A build is not a guess, an estimation or a hunch, a feeling, or a foolish intuition. A build is a dependable, unwavering, unarguably accurate, portrayer of your ambition.
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
March 29 2014 03:36 GMT
#76
superouman come back plz
ॐ
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
March 29 2014 04:25 GMT
#77
On March 29 2014 12:13 eTcetRa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2014 10:42 SidianTheBard wrote:
On March 29 2014 10:13 NewSunshine wrote:
those art rules? is that why the new Blizzard maps have like 6 doodads apiece? anyway, RIP Kaldir.


Something tells me the art rules won't be enforced much. The only doodads they took out from Hab Station where some of the rocks/plants/vines that I had sunk in the ground. It makes sense when I think about it though because if you burrowed on them you would not be able to see the units. Plus, zerglings/marines were sometimes a little tough to see. Otherwise, Hab Stat has a ton of overlapping doodads and pretty much all those protoss doodads are moving or have lights and shit.

Also, the weather I could see being a problem, since they ended up taking it out of Polar Night due to visibility issues, but everything else, meh, I'll be overlapping the shit out of doodads.

I have some interesting ideas about this now that I've been thinking about it for awhile. Thinking about some fun 4p makes with some No-Fly zones. Although, making the no-fly zones bug free might be a pita.


On the other hand Yeonsu had about 50% of the doodads removed. And everything else changed. Can't really predict what Blizzard will do.


Oh, guess I really need to load up the Yeonsu thread and check it out. For some reason I guess I didn't think too much got removed. My bad!
Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
LongShot27
Profile Joined May 2013
United States2084 Posts
March 29 2014 05:15 GMT
#78
Too many restrictions, I don't expect to see any viable maps out of this
If all men were created equal there would be no reason to declare it.
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-29 05:33:19
March 29 2014 05:31 GMT
#79
Oh god, looks like I'm going to be missing sleep for the next month again.

On March 29 2014 07:35 -NegativeZero- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2014 07:33 The_Templar wrote:
On March 29 2014 07:30 Psione wrote:
On March 29 2014 07:26 The_Templar wrote:
On March 29 2014 07:26 Psione wrote:
11 spawn maps or bust!

11 spawn 3v3 map you mean, right?

1v1, go!

Oh… oh my.
I made a 7 player FFA map once

Someone needs to remake Seven Sins for SC2.

I made a really crappy version as soon as SC2 editor was released. I would work on it for this competition if it allowed 7 player maps. Either way, it wouldn't get into WCS though so it wouldn't be my main map.
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
March 29 2014 06:03 GMT
#80
On March 29 2014 14:15 LongShot27 wrote:
Too many restrictions, I don't expect to see any viable maps out of this

Your expectations will be exceeded, I'm afraid.
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings96
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O168
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 172
ProTech12
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1000
ZZZero.O 159
Bale 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm193
League of Legends
Doublelift4666
Counter-Strike
minikerr18
Other Games
summit1g10559
JimRising 717
C9.Mang0315
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1155
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP119
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 18m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 18m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 18m
Replay Cast
22h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.