• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:01
CEST 02:01
KST 09:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8893 users

TeamLiquid Map Contest 4 - Page 15

Forum Index > SC2 General
311 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 Next All
CoraBlue
Profile Joined April 2014
United States24 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-19 21:04:46
April 19 2014 21:03 GMT
#281
A couple in the custom maps forum threads too. Here's my other entry. Theres a thread on it here.

[image loading]
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
April 19 2014 21:06 GMT
#282
On April 20 2014 05:48 Coppermantis wrote:
I never actually ended up submitting mine because I wasn't able to get them to a satisfactory state by the deadline, other things came up. Oh well, making them was fun.

I like Emrel Coast and Southbound Voyager. Look like they'd be fun to play on, even though I don't do many team games.

Same here, oh wells, make good maps for next time! I only had one layout I really liked for entry specifically for this TLMC with it's given restrictions, but I only perfected it with 2 days before the deadline. Make a pact with me -- we shall complete our maps and have them waiting in the armory for use in the next contest. Keep forging.

To mappers: remember it's not about winning, it's about making the game better.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
April 19 2014 21:30 GMT
#283
On April 20 2014 06:06 EatThePath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2014 05:48 Coppermantis wrote:
I never actually ended up submitting mine because I wasn't able to get them to a satisfactory state by the deadline, other things came up. Oh well, making them was fun.

I like Emrel Coast and Southbound Voyager. Look like they'd be fun to play on, even though I don't do many team games.

Same here, oh wells, make good maps for next time! I only had one layout I really liked for entry specifically for this TLMC with it's given restrictions, but I only perfected it with 2 days before the deadline. Make a pact with me -- we shall complete our maps and have them waiting in the armory for use in the next contest. Keep forging.

To mappers: remember it's not about winning, it's about making the game better.

I can only make the game better if I win though ;_;
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
April 19 2014 21:31 GMT
#284
On April 20 2014 06:30 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2014 06:06 EatThePath wrote:
On April 20 2014 05:48 Coppermantis wrote:
I never actually ended up submitting mine because I wasn't able to get them to a satisfactory state by the deadline, other things came up. Oh well, making them was fun.

I like Emrel Coast and Southbound Voyager. Look like they'd be fun to play on, even though I don't do many team games.

Same here, oh wells, make good maps for next time! I only had one layout I really liked for entry specifically for this TLMC with it's given restrictions, but I only perfected it with 2 days before the deadline. Make a pact with me -- we shall complete our maps and have them waiting in the armory for use in the next contest. Keep forging.

To mappers: remember it's not about winning, it's about making the game better.

I can only make the game better if I win though ;_;

Give the judges the best possible pool of maps to choose from.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
Qwyn
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2781 Posts
April 19 2014 22:31 GMT
#285
Namrufus your 2v2 maps are fucking sick! Holy crap man those are so awesome.

Go, go! Blizzard take all his maps .
"Think of the hysteria following the realization that they consciously consume babies and raise the dead people from their graves" - N0
Ragoo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2773 Posts
April 20 2014 00:35 GMT
#286
On April 20 2014 07:31 Qwyn wrote:
Namrufus your 2v2 maps are fucking sick! Holy crap man those are so awesome.

Go, go! Blizzard take all his maps .


inb4 Blizzard uses no team maps again anyway~
Member of TPW mapmaking team/// twitter.com/Ragoo_ /// "goody represents border between explainable reason and supernatural" Cloud
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-20 00:55:33
April 20 2014 00:52 GMT
#287
On April 20 2014 09:35 Ragoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2014 07:31 Qwyn wrote:
Namrufus your 2v2 maps are fucking sick! Holy crap man those are so awesome.

Go, go! Blizzard take all his maps .


inb4 Blizzard uses no team maps again anyway~

ahem-
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Coppermantis
Profile Joined June 2012
United States845 Posts
April 20 2014 03:35 GMT
#288
On April 20 2014 06:06 EatThePath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2014 05:48 Coppermantis wrote:
I never actually ended up submitting mine because I wasn't able to get them to a satisfactory state by the deadline, other things came up. Oh well, making them was fun.

I like Emrel Coast and Southbound Voyager. Look like they'd be fun to play on, even though I don't do many team games.

Same here, oh wells, make good maps for next time! I only had one layout I really liked for entry specifically for this TLMC with it's given restrictions, but I only perfected it with 2 days before the deadline. Make a pact with me -- we shall complete our maps and have them waiting in the armory for use in the next contest. Keep forging.

To mappers: remember it's not about winning, it's about making the game better.

Quite. It is good that TLMCs are becoming more regular, more chances!
Arceus
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Vietnam8333 Posts
April 20 2014 03:50 GMT
#289
On April 19 2014 18:22 eTcetRa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2014 17:14 Samro225am wrote:

(1v1) Purifier
[image loading]


Are those nexus supposed to be there?

lol I first thought it's some BW Xel'Naga temples
tomastaz
Profile Joined January 2013
United States976 Posts
April 20 2014 03:55 GMT
#290
Amazing maps!
No church in the wild --- @tzhang0126
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
April 20 2014 04:29 GMT
#291
Hrmm, guess I missed the submission date. I look forward to seeing great maps here.
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
April 20 2014 05:07 GMT
#292
There are a lot of good 2v2 maps posted!!

For 1v1 it is hard to pick... but I like Purifier, Catellana, Shrine of the Fallen, Providence, and Boondock wastes. I think the judges have a tough job this time.
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
Qwyn
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2781 Posts
April 20 2014 05:17 GMT
#293
Awww fuck.

Plexa, please, please, PRETTY PLEASE add bowman's maps into your pool. They're usually amazing!

So many good maps here I look forward to it. I haven't even glanced at half of them, so I'm sure the winning maps are going to be a great surprise!
"Think of the hysteria following the realization that they consciously consume babies and raise the dead people from their graves" - N0
And G
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany491 Posts
April 20 2014 07:39 GMT
#294
AndG + Show Spoiler +

Cruzader
[image loading]


Nice overlay.

Also, I had posted a second map here. The name is Paradise Found.
not a community mapmaker
Norx81
Profile Joined October 2013
Germany5 Posts
April 20 2014 08:32 GMT
#295
Great job again guys You threw out some great maps! Can't wait to play them :D
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
April 20 2014 16:06 GMT
#296
Thank you to everyone who submitted. We had over 90 entries in the contest and quite a number of fresh faces entering!

We are aiming to have the finalists announced and voting begin on the 29th of April. Voting will conclude on the 4th of May.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Uvantak
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Uruguay1381 Posts
April 20 2014 16:12 GMT
#297
On April 20 2014 16:39 And G wrote:
Show nested quote +
AndG + Show Spoiler +

Cruzader
[image loading]


Nice overlay.

Also, I had posted a second map here. The name is Paradise Found.

Oh my~ Senpai noticed me :3

Also, oh man i missed so many maps -.-;
@Kantuva | Mapmaker | KTVMaps.wordpress.com | Check my profile to see my TL map threads, and you can search for KTV in the Custom Games section to play them.
Qwyn
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2781 Posts
April 20 2014 17:33 GMT
#298
Baww. Oh well, neobowman, better luck next time. I look forward to seeing and voting on all the wonderful maps!
"Think of the hysteria following the realization that they consciously consume babies and raise the dead people from their graves" - N0
MrMotionPicture
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4327 Posts
April 20 2014 18:01 GMT
#299
On April 21 2014 01:06 Plexa wrote:
Thank you to everyone who submitted. We had over 90 entries in the contest and quite a number of fresh faces entering!

We are aiming to have the finalists announced and voting begin on the 29th of April. Voting will conclude on the 4th of May.

Awesome! Can't wait to see the results!
"Elvis Presley" | Ret was looking at my post in the GSL video by Artosis. | MMA told me I look like Juanfran while we shared an elevator with Scarlett
Ragoo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2773 Posts
April 21 2014 12:24 GMT
#300
My personal top maps (obviously only ones that are posted here):

1. Coriolis by NegativeZero
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


Very simple with very clean aesthetics. Yet the idea of the far gold third on a 12 base 4p roational and the nat split are very intriguing.

2. Return of Samus by Namrufus
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


Again really simple altho it doesn't look as visually nice from the overview. The way natural and third are set up however is so unique! Also noteworthy that this is the absolute rare case for a 3p/4p map where taking other starting positions doesn't feel like you take 2 free bases (natural and main) at once.


3. Purifier by Samro225am

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


Certainly much more complex but the distribution of open areas and chokes, the many different pathways and the mix of rotational and mirrored symmetry makes for a whole lot of possibilities on this one. Also the aesthetics by Samro are stunning as usual.


4. Colonial Province by Timetwister

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


This one probably takes the old standard of a turtly 4p mirrored and just makes it a little harder to defend all around which is great. 3 bases could still be static but overall the concept of the backdoor nat to allow all spawns won me over. Good to see someone reused Korhal Compound aesthetis as well.

5. Arcadia by Namrufus

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


With the nat/third mineral line facing inwards right against the cliff defending three bases will be quite unqiue on this map. The island bases fit right in. In horizontal spawns there could defintiely be the scenario where you even skip that closest base and go for the island or the other starting position as a third instead. Overall just many map specific possibilities and strategies while keeping the overall layout very simple, which is great.

6. Shrine of the Fallen by lorestarcraft

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


Good 12 base 4p rotational. It has good aggressive potential early on, it has decently hard to take bases overall and it has some unqiue features but the terrain is quite simple really. I like it.

7. Hunting Grounds by lefix

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


This one already not made finalists in another TLMC but I still think it's great. Defending three bases should be roughly equal from every position but the real cool thing are those middle bases (altho Frost certainly did sth very similar later). It's a solid little map imo.

Honorable mentions are IeZael's maps. If you can actually take your third on these they are quite good. Also Nature Spirit by NewSunshine, Foxtrot Labs by Uvantak, Jungle Remedy by Timetwister and etcetra's maps which all make a good effort but are not in my personal top7.

Btw my top7 is definitely too green.
Member of TPW mapmaking team/// twitter.com/Ragoo_ /// "goody represents border between explainable reason and supernatural" Cloud
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings72
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O149
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 132
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 833
ZZZero.O 149
Bale 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
League of Legends
Doublelift5948
JimRising 802
Other Games
summit1g9924
FrodaN3097
C9.Mang0219
KnowMe168
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP72
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 59m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 59m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 59m
Replay Cast
22h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.