• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:41
CEST 03:41
KST 10:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7316 users

[KeSPA] Proleague R4 Test Maps - Page 17

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 22 Next All
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
March 19 2013 19:37 GMT
#321
On March 20 2013 04:18 Grumbels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2013 03:47 Qikz wrote:
On March 20 2013 03:46 BigFan wrote:
I love how KeSPA is making new maps, should help vary up the playstyle and lead to interesting games. Too bad we are stuck on the same maps on ladder for what seems like eternity!


Thankfully Blizzard said they'll rotate them a lot more often which is good news :D

Blizzard says a lot of things. They won't introduce whacky Kespa maps to the ladder certainly.

Planet S...?
Get off my lawn, young punks
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
March 19 2013 19:57 GMT
#322
On March 20 2013 04:37 ACrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2013 04:18 Grumbels wrote:
On March 20 2013 03:47 Qikz wrote:
On March 20 2013 03:46 BigFan wrote:
I love how KeSPA is making new maps, should help vary up the playstyle and lead to interesting games. Too bad we are stuck on the same maps on ladder for what seems like eternity!


Thankfully Blizzard said they'll rotate them a lot more often which is good news :D

Blizzard says a lot of things. They won't introduce whacky Kespa maps to the ladder certainly.

Planet S...?

It's not whacky.
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-19 20:04:28
March 19 2013 20:03 GMT
#323
On March 20 2013 04:57 Grumbels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2013 04:37 ACrow wrote:
On March 20 2013 04:18 Grumbels wrote:
On March 20 2013 03:47 Qikz wrote:
On March 20 2013 03:46 BigFan wrote:
I love how KeSPA is making new maps, should help vary up the playstyle and lead to interesting games. Too bad we are stuck on the same maps on ladder for what seems like eternity!


Thankfully Blizzard said they'll rotate them a lot more often which is good news :D

Blizzard says a lot of things. They won't introduce whacky Kespa maps to the ladder certainly.

Planet S...?

It's not whacky.

It is whacky. Less than others Kespa has made, but whacky.
Get off my lawn, young punks
nerium
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Philippines512 Posts
March 19 2013 20:56 GMT
#324
Zomg fighting spirit! I'm having flashbacks on playing FS all the time in BW ladder since every room is playing on it. I remembered flash doing horrible things (that 999999 tank turtle) on this map while watching zerg units die to tank fire
Lulz is a corrupted version of LOL
DyEnasTy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3720 Posts
March 20 2013 11:35 GMT
#325
Any chance on us getting a hold of these maps?
Much better to die an awesome Terran than to live as a magic wielding fairy or a mindless sac of biological goop. -Manifesto7
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
March 20 2013 11:36 GMT
#326
On March 20 2013 20:35 DyEnasTy wrote:
Any chance on us getting a hold of these maps?

you have global play!
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Lysergic
Profile Joined December 2010
United States355 Posts
March 20 2013 11:40 GMT
#327
They're on NA in Custom Games. Search for kespa
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
March 20 2013 15:53 GMT
#328
When does round 4 start? I can't find a schedule anywhere.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
March 20 2013 15:53 GMT
#329
On March 21 2013 00:53 Firkraag8 wrote:
When does round 4 start? I can't find a schedule anywhere.

I dont think we know officially yet. The casters just said there would be a "month long" break
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Tabashi
Profile Joined June 2011
Belgium129 Posts
March 22 2013 03:56 GMT
#330
Fighting spirit is probably the most stupid map I have ever seen... I just don't understand the logic behind that map. You'll have more minerals than normal, but the gas amount will remain the same. So as protoss or zerg, you'll just have to double expand to get rid of the mineral overflow (or make a ton of lings/zealots, but of course we all know that this would be a stupid thing to do in all match ups), where terran can either bunker rush/marine rush or also double expand. My point is that there are more viable options for terran on this map, than for the other 2 races. BAD.

All the above is of course if they decide to not add rich vespene geysers to the main bases.
"I'll be the hero you deserve." - HerO, aKa the Batman Protoss
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
March 22 2013 04:00 GMT
#331
On March 22 2013 12:56 Tabashi wrote:
Fighting spirit is probably the most stupid map I have ever seen... I just don't understand the logic behind that map. You'll have more minerals than normal, but the gas amount will remain the same. So as protoss or zerg, you'll just have to double expand to get rid of the mineral overflow (or make a ton of lings/zealots, but of course we all know that this would be a stupid thing to do in all match ups), where terran can either bunker rush/marine rush or also double expand. My point is that there are more viable options for terran on this map, than for the other 2 races. BAD.

All the above is of course if they decide to not add rich vespene geysers to the main bases.

All geysers on Fighting Spirit are rich vespene geysers.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
discomatt
Profile Joined March 2012
113 Posts
March 22 2013 04:03 GMT
#332
On March 22 2013 13:00 eviltomahawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2013 12:56 Tabashi wrote:
Fighting spirit is probably the most stupid map I have ever seen... I just don't understand the logic behind that map. You'll have more minerals than normal, but the gas amount will remain the same. So as protoss or zerg, you'll just have to double expand to get rid of the mineral overflow (or make a ton of lings/zealots, but of course we all know that this would be a stupid thing to do in all match ups), where terran can either bunker rush/marine rush or also double expand. My point is that there are more viable options for terran on this map, than for the other 2 races. BAD.

All the above is of course if they decide to not add rich vespene geysers to the main bases.

All geysers on Fighting Spirit are rich vespene geysers.


2x Geysers. Usual rich vespene is 1.5x
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-22 04:06:37
March 22 2013 04:05 GMT
#333
On March 22 2013 13:03 discomatt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2013 13:00 eviltomahawk wrote:
On March 22 2013 12:56 Tabashi wrote:
Fighting spirit is probably the most stupid map I have ever seen... I just don't understand the logic behind that map. You'll have more minerals than normal, but the gas amount will remain the same. So as protoss or zerg, you'll just have to double expand to get rid of the mineral overflow (or make a ton of lings/zealots, but of course we all know that this would be a stupid thing to do in all match ups), where terran can either bunker rush/marine rush or also double expand. My point is that there are more viable options for terran on this map, than for the other 2 races. BAD.

All the above is of course if they decide to not add rich vespene geysers to the main bases.

All geysers on Fighting Spirit are rich vespene geysers.


2x Geysers. Usual rich vespene is 1.5x

Ah, yes. Was about to edit that into my post.

The Fighting Spirit rich geysers are modded to return 8 gas per trip, as opposed to the 4 gas for normal geysers or 6 gas for the original rich geysers.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Schelim
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Austria11528 Posts
March 22 2013 07:20 GMT
#334
which means you'll mine just as much gas per base as usually, but you only need half the workers to do it. the map is really an experiment on what would happen if you change the economy of sc2. i hope we get to see a lot of lategame (although i'm a little doubtful), as smart players would get much fewer workers on FS, which leads to some interesting implications. it's probably gonna be mostly TvT though.
TY <3 Cure <3 Inno <3 Special <3
PVJ
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Hungary5221 Posts
March 22 2013 07:58 GMT
#335
On March 19 2013 21:31 Qikz wrote:
I played Fighting Spirit on the Korean server yesterday and I actually liked how it wasn't worth muling because it meant a) I had more scans and b) I didn't have to get an orbital straight away if I didn't want to, which meant I had the extra 150 minerals towards something else like an extra factory early.

Even if the gold minerals don't work I really hope they add the map with a normal mineral layout. I love Fighting Spirit so damn much.

Have you tried going for mass extra supplies? I remember that BaBy I think was experimenting using his OC energy on those instead of mules and it really changed up everything.

I would love if the creativity of the KeSPA players would bring underused mechanics such as this, and contaminate into mass use. Because I think, from a viewer's point of view contaminating a robo seconds before the crucial unit comes out is really tense and good to watch. And well, extra supply would just leave to fun strats probably where you can save 5-600 minerals for 2 extra raxes - also makes drops destroying supply depots that much more valuable.
The heart's eternal vow
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
March 22 2013 08:09 GMT
#336
On March 22 2013 16:58 PVJ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2013 21:31 Qikz wrote:
I played Fighting Spirit on the Korean server yesterday and I actually liked how it wasn't worth muling because it meant a) I had more scans and b) I didn't have to get an orbital straight away if I didn't want to, which meant I had the extra 150 minerals towards something else like an extra factory early.

Even if the gold minerals don't work I really hope they add the map with a normal mineral layout. I love Fighting Spirit so damn much.

Have you tried going for mass extra supplies? I remember that BaBy I think was experimenting using his OC energy on those instead of mules and it really changed up everything.

I would love if the creativity of the KeSPA players would bring underused mechanics such as this, and contaminate into mass use. Because I think, from a viewer's point of view contaminating a robo seconds before the crucial unit comes out is really tense and good to watch. And well, extra supply would just leave to fun strats probably where you can save 5-600 minerals for 2 extra raxes - also makes drops destroying supply depots that much more valuable.


Extra supply also means you get 16 supply for 100 minerals, so you don't need to spend the minerals and those minerals would actually be not on the map to begin with. A very good Terran would also use extra supplies with 3 OCs on 2 base, when he cannot take his 3rd yet, because he doesn't really want to mule and mine out his 2 bases faster.
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
March 22 2013 08:23 GMT
#337
On March 20 2013 04:18 Grumbels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2013 03:47 Qikz wrote:
On March 20 2013 03:46 BigFan wrote:
I love how KeSPA is making new maps, should help vary up the playstyle and lead to interesting games. Too bad we are stuck on the same maps on ladder for what seems like eternity!


Thankfully Blizzard said they'll rotate them a lot more often which is good news :D

Blizzard says a lot of things. They won't introduce whacky Kespa maps to the ladder certainly.


*Looks at Blizzard's maps.* You mean to tell me their maps aren't whacky? -.^ In either case, it's rare that they change the map pool and even rarer to see maps not from them make it, but certainly we'll see a few more creep in there sooner rather than later. Also a lot of these maps aren't that new as they are ported hallmarks trying a few different things.
purakushi
Profile Joined August 2012
United States3303 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-23 18:38:06
March 23 2013 16:41 GMT
#338
KESPA Fighting Spirit was just updated with a new version. It replaces one gold mineral field with a regular one in each base (except the centre). 5gold1blue/1hyg. 8gold/2hyg in centre.

Personally, I like the early/mid game, so I think 3 and 3 would be good, or at least 4 gold and 2 blue. Oh well, we'll see. I hope this map gets used, with its non-standard resources.
T P Z sagi
alvadr
Profile Joined May 2012
135 Posts
March 23 2013 17:09 GMT
#339
On March 18 2013 16:37 FabledIntegral wrote:
All gold :o. Which race would that favor...? Zerg as they can pump out drones faster as they are then limited by larvae instead of minerals? :o. Also since they start out with 3 larvae instead of 1... even slightly bigger boost early game?!



I think Terran, because of Mules

Imagine the money
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
March 23 2013 17:16 GMT
#340
On March 24 2013 02:09 alvadr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2013 16:37 FabledIntegral wrote:
All gold :o. Which race would that favor...? Zerg as they can pump out drones faster as they are then limited by larvae instead of minerals? :o. Also since they start out with 3 larvae instead of 1... even slightly bigger boost early game?!



I think Terran, because of Mules

Imagine the money


Mules don't mine extra money from gold mineral patches, I think?
AdministratorBreak the chains
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 160
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2568
Dota 2
monkeys_forever678
NeuroSwarm202
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe182
Other Games
summit1g8117
Day[9].tv669
JimRising 569
C9.Mang0286
PiGStarcraft118
ArmadaUGS56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick848
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream312
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• davetesta16
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv669
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
8h 19m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
22h 19m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.