• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:44
CEST 14:44
KST 21:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8224 users

Sons of Starcraft. UPDATED Oct 9/14 - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 55 Next
YourAdHere
Profile Joined May 2011
United States216 Posts
June 12 2013 01:08 GMT
#101
Anyone want to take bets on whether this or the international 2 documentary comes out first?
Klipsys
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1533 Posts
June 12 2013 01:27 GMT
#102
It will come out when it comes out. Documentaries like this take a while to produce and edit. I'm guessing 0 people in this thread have ever produced a feature length film
Hudson Valley Progamer
SirPinky
Profile Joined February 2011
United States525 Posts
June 12 2013 01:49 GMT
#103
On June 12 2013 10:27 Klipsys wrote:
It will come out when it comes out. Documentaries like this take a while to produce and edit. I'm guessing 0 people in this thread have ever produced a feature length film


I'm also guessing you have 0 experience to comment on how long it takes to put together a documentary. The purpose of bumping the post was to get an update - not an informal twitter post a few months old. I don't care if it comes out in 2014, let alone 2015: There is very little update as to the progress and after blowing two expected release dates, with money invested, I would expect the community to be interested. And if they are not interested, then this goes back to my initial post about waning relevance with a film started 2 years ago.
How much better to get wisdom than gold; to get insight rather than silver!
MaestroSC
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2073 Posts
June 12 2013 02:08 GMT
#104
On June 12 2013 10:49 SirPinky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2013 10:27 Klipsys wrote:
It will come out when it comes out. Documentaries like this take a while to produce and edit. I'm guessing 0 people in this thread have ever produced a feature length film


I'm also guessing you have 0 experience to comment on how long it takes to put together a documentary. The purpose of bumping the post was to get an update - not an informal twitter post a few months old. I don't care if it comes out in 2014, let alone 2015: There is very little update as to the progress and after blowing two expected release dates, with money invested, I would expect the community to be interested. And if they are not interested, then this goes back to my initial post about waning relevance with a film started 2 years ago.


welcome to kickstarter funded vacations..i mean films.

imagine how long it takes to make a feature length film when you have 0 outside pressure enforcing any sort of time limits or expectations or deadlines...
SirPinky
Profile Joined February 2011
United States525 Posts
June 12 2013 02:27 GMT
#105
On June 12 2013 11:08 MaestroSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2013 10:49 SirPinky wrote:
On June 12 2013 10:27 Klipsys wrote:
It will come out when it comes out. Documentaries like this take a while to produce and edit. I'm guessing 0 people in this thread have ever produced a feature length film


I'm also guessing you have 0 experience to comment on how long it takes to put together a documentary. The purpose of bumping the post was to get an update - not an informal twitter post a few months old. I don't care if it comes out in 2014, let alone 2015: There is very little update as to the progress and after blowing two expected release dates, with money invested, I would expect the community to be interested. And if they are not interested, then this goes back to my initial post about waning relevance with a film started 2 years ago.


welcome to kickstarter funded vacations..i mean films.

imagine how long it takes to make a feature length film when you have 0 outside pressure enforcing any sort of time limits or expectations or deadlines...


Lol, well said. I bet these guys are really making a book about their adventures in Korea and and this "life experience" funded by, not just surrounding a video game, but people watching and commentating about video games. When you say it out load it sounds pretty silly. But I think i was drunk when i invested $50...so I guess i get a free pass from being a sucker?

FYI: One of the best, professional, documentaries I've seen is "The King of Kong" about professional Donkey Kong players. It follows one guy that picked it up in his mid-30's and became his quest to win the championship. It even had some drama about how his world record score was not counted b/c he was accused of adjusting "tweaking" the Motherboard to attain his score; only to have to prove himself at a live event. This is how a documentary should be made. It got very good reviews and was actually in many "Indie" theaters in the US.
How much better to get wisdom than gold; to get insight rather than silver!
-_-
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States7081 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-12 02:39:04
June 12 2013 02:36 GMT
#106
On June 12 2013 10:27 Klipsys wrote:
It will come out when it comes out. Documentaries like this take a while to produce and edit. I'm guessing 0 people in this thread have ever produced a feature length film


I love how you talk about the production time of documentaries. I remember a year or so ago everybody was talking about how long it took to shoot and edit a documentary, and how these Starcraft documentaries were on schedule if you compared them to other docs. Maybe that's why this misinformation keeps getting thrown out.

Lets distinguish timeless stories and passing fancies. Be honest, do you think the story of Dan and Nick is timeless? Or the story of Destiny and WhiteRa in Sons of Starcraft? "Of course!" you respond. "Dan slept on couches and worked part time to play Starcraft!" Yeah, well I can watch documentaries about black kids who are framed for murder because or corporations who poison towns because it saves them money. Yeah, there are some oddity docs which are cool. But is the story of people who talk about games as quirky as the story of Mr. Brainwash in Exit through the gift shop?

Another point of distinction: lots of docs with 3 year schedules have big companies behind them. They have wait for the right time to market it before releasing. They have to fly crews -- not 1 person -- around. It's just different than having a couple of people working on something. When you're small, you're can be flexible and get stuff done fast.

Finally, plenty of docs take a long time to make because the story takes years to tell. The story of Dan and Nick is going from 1) lower middle class 20 somethings to 2) successful commentators. You could've finished that story in 2010. Same for Star Nation.

These docs should've been released late 2011 or early 2012. Seriously, if any of you guys think they're going to be legit documentaries as opposed to event chronicles (Get the video tape detailing the story of the 2013 NFL Champions with commemorative coin!) make your case and change my mind. The doc makers haven't.
SirPinky
Profile Joined February 2011
United States525 Posts
June 12 2013 02:47 GMT
#107
On June 12 2013 11:36 -_- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2013 10:27 Klipsys wrote:
It will come out when it comes out. Documentaries like this take a while to produce and edit. I'm guessing 0 people in this thread have ever produced a feature length film


I love how you talk about the production time of documentaries. I remember a year or so ago everybody was talking about how long it took to shoot and edit a documentary, and how these Starcraft documentaries were on schedule if you compared them to other docs. Maybe that's why this misinformation keeps getting thrown out.

Lets distinguish timeless stories and passing fancies. Be honest, do you think the story of Dan and Nick is timeless? Or the story of Destiny and WhiteRa in Sons of Starcraft? "Of course!" you respond. "Dan slept on couches and worked part time to play Starcraft!" Yeah, well I can watch documentaries about black kids who are framed for murder because or corporations who poison towns because it saves them money. Yeah, there are some oddity docs which are cool. But is the story of people who talk about games as quirky as the story of Mr. Brainwash in Exit through the gift shop?

Another point of distinction: lots of docs with 3 year schedules have big companies behind them. They have wait for the right time to market it before releasing. They have to fly crews -- not 1 person -- around. It's just different than having a couple of people working on something. When you're small, you're can be flexible and get stuff done fast.

Finally, plenty of docs take a long time to make because the story takes years to tell. The story of Dan and Nick is going from 1) lower middle class 20 somethings to 2) successful commentators. You could've finished that story in 2010. Same for Star Nation.

These docs should've been released late 2011 or early 2012. Seriously, if any of you guys think they're going to be legit documentaries as opposed to event chronicles (Get the video tape detailing the story of the 2013 NFL Champions with commemorative coin!) make your case and change my mind. The doc makers haven't.


The main problem I have, which is why I bumped this, is the very infrequent (spanning multiple months) lack of updates, missed deadlines and very little interaction with the people that sponsored this project. When you miss a deadline in the real world you explain why, present a new timeline and re-worked milestones. I'm not criticizing what it takes to make a documentary (I'm not in the position to), but keeping a community informed - especially the ones who sponsored them - should be a courtesy. Not to mention it provides more hype for a release. It shouldn't have taken me 30 minutes to try and find a small Twitter blurb over a month old from Jeff about the project.
How much better to get wisdom than gold; to get insight rather than silver!
kckkryptonite
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
1126 Posts
June 17 2013 11:11 GMT
#108
On June 12 2013 11:08 MaestroSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2013 10:49 SirPinky wrote:
On June 12 2013 10:27 Klipsys wrote:
It will come out when it comes out. Documentaries like this take a while to produce and edit. I'm guessing 0 people in this thread have ever produced a feature length film


I'm also guessing you have 0 experience to comment on how long it takes to put together a documentary. The purpose of bumping the post was to get an update - not an informal twitter post a few months old. I don't care if it comes out in 2014, let alone 2015: There is very little update as to the progress and after blowing two expected release dates, with money invested, I would expect the community to be interested. And if they are not interested, then this goes back to my initial post about waning relevance with a film started 2 years ago.


welcome to kickstarter funded vacations..i mean films.

imagine how long it takes to make a feature length film when you have 0 outside pressure enforcing any sort of time limits or expectations or deadlines...


Haha, kind of what I was thinking too. Also wondering about StarNation... These documentaries are pretty much going to be historical pieces by the time they get released.
RIP avilo, qxc keyboard 2013, RIP Nathanis keyboard 2014
mango_destroyer
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3914 Posts
June 17 2013 11:45 GMT
#109
On June 12 2013 11:47 SirPinky wrote:

The main problem I have, which is why I bumped this, is the very infrequent (spanning multiple months) lack of updates, missed deadlines and very little interaction with the people that sponsored this project. When you miss a deadline in the real world you explain why, present a new timeline and re-worked milestones. I'm not criticizing what it takes to make a documentary (I'm not in the position to), but keeping a community informed - especially the ones who sponsored them - should be a courtesy. Not to mention it provides more hype for a release. It shouldn't have taken me 30 minutes to try and find a small Twitter blurb over a month old from Jeff about the project.


You are absolutely correct and are within reason to criticize. While I didn`t donate to this project myself, it leaves a bad taste when they have a project funded by the community, and they can`t even give updates as to what is going on. And like you mentioned, missing a deadline isn`t the end of the world...but still not being transparent as to what is going on and missing even more deadlines is really unprofessional.

You would think this would be the best directed and produced documentary by the time this is released. (highly doubt it, given what it is likely to encapsulate direction wise)
o29
Profile Joined November 2010
United States220 Posts
June 17 2013 13:22 GMT
#110
On June 12 2013 11:47 SirPinky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2013 11:36 -_- wrote:
On June 12 2013 10:27 Klipsys wrote:
It will come out when it comes out. Documentaries like this take a while to produce and edit. I'm guessing 0 people in this thread have ever produced a feature length film


I love how you talk about the production time of documentaries. I remember a year or so ago everybody was talking about how long it took to shoot and edit a documentary, and how these Starcraft documentaries were on schedule if you compared them to other docs. Maybe that's why this misinformation keeps getting thrown out.

Lets distinguish timeless stories and passing fancies. Be honest, do you think the story of Dan and Nick is timeless? Or the story of Destiny and WhiteRa in Sons of Starcraft? "Of course!" you respond. "Dan slept on couches and worked part time to play Starcraft!" Yeah, well I can watch documentaries about black kids who are framed for murder because or corporations who poison towns because it saves them money. Yeah, there are some oddity docs which are cool. But is the story of people who talk about games as quirky as the story of Mr. Brainwash in Exit through the gift shop?

Another point of distinction: lots of docs with 3 year schedules have big companies behind them. They have wait for the right time to market it before releasing. They have to fly crews -- not 1 person -- around. It's just different than having a couple of people working on something. When you're small, you're can be flexible and get stuff done fast.

Finally, plenty of docs take a long time to make because the story takes years to tell. The story of Dan and Nick is going from 1) lower middle class 20 somethings to 2) successful commentators. You could've finished that story in 2010. Same for Star Nation.

These docs should've been released late 2011 or early 2012. Seriously, if any of you guys think they're going to be legit documentaries as opposed to event chronicles (Get the video tape detailing the story of the 2013 NFL Champions with commemorative coin!) make your case and change my mind. The doc makers haven't.


The main problem I have, which is why I bumped this, is the very infrequent (spanning multiple months) lack of updates, missed deadlines and very little interaction with the people that sponsored this project. When you miss a deadline in the real world you explain why, present a new timeline and re-worked milestones. I'm not criticizing what it takes to make a documentary (I'm not in the position to), but keeping a community informed - especially the ones who sponsored them - should be a courtesy. Not to mention it provides more hype for a release. It shouldn't have taken me 30 minutes to try and find a small Twitter blurb over a month old from Jeff about the project.


Very fair points. I was looking forward to this documentary as well, but as time goes on, I find my interest waning.

Imagine telling your boss, "Sorry I missed all the deadlines. No, I don't know when I'll actually have the project completed. Update you? I don't have time to give you updates -- I'm too busy working on the project! Oh and what about my payroll?"
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
June 17 2013 13:34 GMT
#111
On June 17 2013 20:11 kckkryptonite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2013 11:08 MaestroSC wrote:
On June 12 2013 10:49 SirPinky wrote:
On June 12 2013 10:27 Klipsys wrote:
It will come out when it comes out. Documentaries like this take a while to produce and edit. I'm guessing 0 people in this thread have ever produced a feature length film


I'm also guessing you have 0 experience to comment on how long it takes to put together a documentary. The purpose of bumping the post was to get an update - not an informal twitter post a few months old. I don't care if it comes out in 2014, let alone 2015: There is very little update as to the progress and after blowing two expected release dates, with money invested, I would expect the community to be interested. And if they are not interested, then this goes back to my initial post about waning relevance with a film started 2 years ago.


welcome to kickstarter funded vacations..i mean films.

imagine how long it takes to make a feature length film when you have 0 outside pressure enforcing any sort of time limits or expectations or deadlines...


Haha, kind of what I was thinking too. Also wondering about StarNation... These documentaries are pretty much going to be historical pieces by the time they get released.

Starnation's last update(a couple of months ago) was that they were working with their editing equipment, which they upgraded. They seem to be slogging through the editing process, which is the longer(like several times longer than filming) and grindy part of the making a movie. Traditional movies(summer block busters) shoot for 3-6 months and spend 1.5 or more in post production.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
June 17 2013 13:39 GMT
#112
On June 17 2013 22:34 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2013 20:11 kckkryptonite wrote:
On June 12 2013 11:08 MaestroSC wrote:
On June 12 2013 10:49 SirPinky wrote:
On June 12 2013 10:27 Klipsys wrote:
It will come out when it comes out. Documentaries like this take a while to produce and edit. I'm guessing 0 people in this thread have ever produced a feature length film


I'm also guessing you have 0 experience to comment on how long it takes to put together a documentary. The purpose of bumping the post was to get an update - not an informal twitter post a few months old. I don't care if it comes out in 2014, let alone 2015: There is very little update as to the progress and after blowing two expected release dates, with money invested, I would expect the community to be interested. And if they are not interested, then this goes back to my initial post about waning relevance with a film started 2 years ago.


welcome to kickstarter funded vacations..i mean films.

imagine how long it takes to make a feature length film when you have 0 outside pressure enforcing any sort of time limits or expectations or deadlines...


Haha, kind of what I was thinking too. Also wondering about StarNation... These documentaries are pretty much going to be historical pieces by the time they get released.

Starnation's last update(a couple of months ago) was that they were working with their editing equipment, which they upgraded. They seem to be slogging through the editing process, which is the longer(like several times longer than filming) and grindy part of the making a movie. Traditional movies(summer block busters) shoot for 3-6 months and spend 1.5 or more in post production.

This is so true. I for one am really looking forward to Nick and Dan's pod race and their defense of GOM's Gangnam studio against the forces of Sauron.
The frumious Bandersnatch
Boonbag
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
France3318 Posts
June 17 2013 13:43 GMT
#113
On June 17 2013 22:34 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2013 20:11 kckkryptonite wrote:
On June 12 2013 11:08 MaestroSC wrote:
On June 12 2013 10:49 SirPinky wrote:
On June 12 2013 10:27 Klipsys wrote:
It will come out when it comes out. Documentaries like this take a while to produce and edit. I'm guessing 0 people in this thread have ever produced a feature length film


I'm also guessing you have 0 experience to comment on how long it takes to put together a documentary. The purpose of bumping the post was to get an update - not an informal twitter post a few months old. I don't care if it comes out in 2014, let alone 2015: There is very little update as to the progress and after blowing two expected release dates, with money invested, I would expect the community to be interested. And if they are not interested, then this goes back to my initial post about waning relevance with a film started 2 years ago.


welcome to kickstarter funded vacations..i mean films.

imagine how long it takes to make a feature length film when you have 0 outside pressure enforcing any sort of time limits or expectations or deadlines...


Haha, kind of what I was thinking too. Also wondering about StarNation... These documentaries are pretty much going to be historical pieces by the time they get released.

Starnation's last update(a couple of months ago) was that they were working with their editing equipment, which they upgraded. They seem to be slogging through the editing process, which is the longer(like several times longer than filming) and grindy part of the making a movie. Traditional movies(summer block busters) shoot for 3-6 months and spend 1.5 or more in post production.


I work in production. What they're doing is about 50 hours work worth of editing top if its the same kind of amateur work we've seen up until now with the various video materials that have been thrown around.

editing equipement for what they're doing is basically a 800 dollars computer....
if they say otherwise then they just lie or have no clue what they're doing
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
June 17 2013 14:02 GMT
#114
On June 17 2013 22:43 Boonbag wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2013 22:34 Plansix wrote:
On June 17 2013 20:11 kckkryptonite wrote:
On June 12 2013 11:08 MaestroSC wrote:
On June 12 2013 10:49 SirPinky wrote:
On June 12 2013 10:27 Klipsys wrote:
It will come out when it comes out. Documentaries like this take a while to produce and edit. I'm guessing 0 people in this thread have ever produced a feature length film


I'm also guessing you have 0 experience to comment on how long it takes to put together a documentary. The purpose of bumping the post was to get an update - not an informal twitter post a few months old. I don't care if it comes out in 2014, let alone 2015: There is very little update as to the progress and after blowing two expected release dates, with money invested, I would expect the community to be interested. And if they are not interested, then this goes back to my initial post about waning relevance with a film started 2 years ago.


welcome to kickstarter funded vacations..i mean films.

imagine how long it takes to make a feature length film when you have 0 outside pressure enforcing any sort of time limits or expectations or deadlines...


Haha, kind of what I was thinking too. Also wondering about StarNation... These documentaries are pretty much going to be historical pieces by the time they get released.

Starnation's last update(a couple of months ago) was that they were working with their editing equipment, which they upgraded. They seem to be slogging through the editing process, which is the longer(like several times longer than filming) and grindy part of the making a movie. Traditional movies(summer block busters) shoot for 3-6 months and spend 1.5 or more in post production.


I work in production. What they're doing is about 50 hours work worth of editing top if its the same kind of amateur work we've seen up until now with the various video materials that have been thrown around.

editing equipement for what they're doing is basically a 800 dollars computer....
if they say otherwise then they just lie or have no clue what they're doing


I am not sure and I don't work in production, but I think you are undervaluing their work a little bit. From my understanding they are doing a feature film and I know that it takes more than 50 hours of work to accomplish that. Also, they are a small crew of folks doing this. And I know you can spend more then $800 on good editing equipment. With the amount of fim they shot, I hope they spend more than 50 hours on it.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
sabas123
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands3122 Posts
June 17 2013 14:06 GMT
#115
On June 17 2013 22:43 Boonbag wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2013 22:34 Plansix wrote:
On June 17 2013 20:11 kckkryptonite wrote:
On June 12 2013 11:08 MaestroSC wrote:
On June 12 2013 10:49 SirPinky wrote:
On June 12 2013 10:27 Klipsys wrote:
It will come out when it comes out. Documentaries like this take a while to produce and edit. I'm guessing 0 people in this thread have ever produced a feature length film


I'm also guessing you have 0 experience to comment on how long it takes to put together a documentary. The purpose of bumping the post was to get an update - not an informal twitter post a few months old. I don't care if it comes out in 2014, let alone 2015: There is very little update as to the progress and after blowing two expected release dates, with money invested, I would expect the community to be interested. And if they are not interested, then this goes back to my initial post about waning relevance with a film started 2 years ago.


welcome to kickstarter funded vacations..i mean films.

imagine how long it takes to make a feature length film when you have 0 outside pressure enforcing any sort of time limits or expectations or deadlines...


Haha, kind of what I was thinking too. Also wondering about StarNation... These documentaries are pretty much going to be historical pieces by the time they get released.

Starnation's last update(a couple of months ago) was that they were working with their editing equipment, which they upgraded. They seem to be slogging through the editing process, which is the longer(like several times longer than filming) and grindy part of the making a movie. Traditional movies(summer block busters) shoot for 3-6 months and spend 1.5 or more in post production.


I work in production. What they're doing is about 50 hours work worth of editing top if its the same kind of amateur work we've seen up until now with the various video materials that have been thrown around.

editing equipement for what they're doing is basically a 800 dollars computer....
if they say otherwise then they just lie or have no clue what they're doing

so basiclly we just need to wait for the editors to finish and a good time to release the doc right?

could you maby also say how far you guys are done with editing?
The harder it becomes, the more you should focus on the basics.
Daswollvieh
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
5553 Posts
June 17 2013 14:15 GMT
#116
I just hope this does not make Artosis as sad as Sixjax did.
Noobity
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States871 Posts
June 17 2013 14:16 GMT
#117
Realistically the editing can be done in Adobe AfterEffects pretty simply. This isn't to say it's not time consuming, just simple. Assuming they've been filming as much as I assume they've been that's probably thousands of hours they need to get through to get what they need if they want to do it right.

However, if they finished filming months ago (an assumption, thinking 2 or so) then there's no reason it can't come out this month. I don't know what kind of perfection they're going for, or what kind of emotions they want to convey, but unless they're 1 dude creating a CG intro on their own while working a normal 9-5, it shouldn't take that long.

I'm only educated in CG, however, and don't work it myself. Things might have changed since '09 when I graduated.
My name is Mike, and statistically, yours is not.
fraGGer
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom51 Posts
July 24 2013 19:27 GMT
#118
Another month goes by with no news on this?
Bojas
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands2397 Posts
July 24 2013 19:31 GMT
#119
Honestly I doubt if we will ever see any of the documentaries that arent released yet...StarNation etc..
SedativeDev
Profile Joined August 2010
Slovenia316 Posts
July 24 2013 19:35 GMT
#120
Lets just hope that these documentaries are released before legacy of the void...
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 55 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1061
WardiTV647
OGKoka 260
Rex145
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 372
OGKoka 260
Rex 145
ProTech124
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2208
Horang2 1534
Larva 1314
Shuttle 1151
EffOrt 649
BeSt 495
Soma 465
Mini 304
Hyuk 239
Stork 220
[ Show more ]
Light 201
ZerO 184
ggaemo 131
Rush 117
Zeus 116
Killer 78
Barracks 70
Hyun 70
Sea.KH 49
Shine 48
ToSsGirL 33
Bale 28
Shinee 27
Mong 23
Aegong 23
sorry 21
PianO 19
Sacsri 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
soO 13
Sexy 12
zelot 11
HiyA 9
Noble 8
Icarus 6
yabsab 5
Dota 2
Dendi1500
qojqva1372
BananaSlamJamma250
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
x6flipin854
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes376
Other Games
singsing2198
olofmeister1634
B2W.Neo588
hiko565
Lowko426
Sick241
XaKoH 219
Pyrionflax211
ArmadaUGS76
Mew2King41
ZerO(Twitch)3
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream546
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH286
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2316
Other Games
• WagamamaTV228
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 16m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 16m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 16m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.