• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:10
CEST 21:10
KST 04:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8034 users

1 Month later... Is Queen Range still too strong [TvZ]? -…

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 136 Next
This thread is going nowhere and I'm tired of dealing with it. Either drop the personal attacks and whining and replace it with actual discussion or it'll be closed.

12:09 KST Page 98
CtrlShiftAltGrrrrrrr
Profile Joined June 2012
544 Posts
June 24 2012 11:41 GMT
#1721
On June 24 2012 20:14 Lysanias wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2012 20:11 CtrlShiftAltGrrrrrrr wrote:
tvz needs a balance patch its a fact if u disagree u dont play the game at a halfway decent level zerg progamers think so too get over it and move on, david kim hurry pls. terrans progamers have better zvt than tvz/tvt nowadays


It's actualy not a fact, that's why it's a discusion.


theres enough evidence now, just search for it. one i really do enjoy right now is demuslim losing every tvz vs midmasters na zerg even, and beating forgg very easily with zerg, despite forgg getting correct build killing 10 drones at beginning, ahead in upgrades, not injecting, not even creep spreading, didnt matter anyway
awaiting the return of the space cowboy
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
June 24 2012 11:44 GMT
#1722
On June 24 2012 20:41 CtrlShiftAltGrrrrrrr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2012 20:14 Lysanias wrote:
On June 24 2012 20:11 CtrlShiftAltGrrrrrrr wrote:
tvz needs a balance patch its a fact if u disagree u dont play the game at a halfway decent level zerg progamers think so too get over it and move on, david kim hurry pls. terrans progamers have better zvt than tvz/tvt nowadays


It's actualy not a fact, that's why it's a discusion.


theres enough evidence now, just search for it. one i really do enjoy right now is demuslim losing every tvz vs midmasters na zerg even, and beating forgg very easily with zerg, despite forgg getting correct build killing 10 drones at beginning, ahead in upgrades, not injecting, not even creep spreading, didnt matter anyway


Not creepspreading, not injecting, and still winning as zerg.
This must mean zerg was overpowered before the patch as well... right? Wait...
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
CtrlShiftAltGrrrrrrr
Profile Joined June 2012
544 Posts
June 24 2012 11:52 GMT
#1723
On June 24 2012 20:44 Clarity_nl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2012 20:41 CtrlShiftAltGrrrrrrr wrote:
On June 24 2012 20:14 Lysanias wrote:
On June 24 2012 20:11 CtrlShiftAltGrrrrrrr wrote:
tvz needs a balance patch its a fact if u disagree u dont play the game at a halfway decent level zerg progamers think so too get over it and move on, david kim hurry pls. terrans progamers have better zvt than tvz/tvt nowadays


It's actualy not a fact, that's why it's a discusion.


theres enough evidence now, just search for it. one i really do enjoy right now is demuslim losing every tvz vs midmasters na zerg even, and beating forgg very easily with zerg, despite forgg getting correct build killing 10 drones at beginning, ahead in upgrades, not injecting, not even creep spreading, didnt matter anyway


Not creepspreading, not injecting, and still winning as zerg.
This must mean zerg was overpowered before the patch as well... right? Wait...


yea mb it does and mb the fact that terran has no lategame was an issue, mb the fact that tvz was already in favor of zerg in korea was an issue, and mb the queen buff was the worst decision blizzard ever made, and mb only platinum players and alike dont realise that ? idra himself was saying lategame terran had became fundamentally underpowered since ghost nerf, and if ud watch korean tvz already back then it shouldt take lon got realise getting wins from proxy 15cc isnt long term solution

User was warned for this post
awaiting the return of the space cowboy
Charon1979
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria317 Posts
June 24 2012 12:01 GMT
#1724
What are we discussing here anyway?

"Game should be balanced at the highest level!"
"Game is unbalanced at high Korean Level!"
"TLPD says 50% in Korea"
"But International..!"
"Didnt you say: at the highest level?"
"Im losing 90% of my ZvT, so its unbalanced!"
"You are at the highest level?"
"Fuck you, you have no idea what you are talking about"

You bitch around constantly that the game should be balanced for the "highest level" and then you bitch even more if you realise that they dont balance it for you, because you are not '"highest level"

User was warned for this post
Everlong
Profile Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1973 Posts
June 24 2012 12:05 GMT
#1725
On June 24 2012 21:01 Charon1979 wrote:
What are we discussing here anyway?

"Game should be balanced at the highest level!"
"Game is unbalanced at high Korean Level!"
"TLPD says 50% in Korea"
"But International..!"
"Didnt you say: at the highest level?"
"Im losing 90% of my ZvT, so its unbalanced!"
"You are at the highest level?"
"Fuck you, you have no idea what you are talking about"

You bitch around constantly that the game should be balanced for the "highest level" and then you bitch even more if you realise that they dont balance it for you, because you are not '"highest level"


It's fail on your part if you don't see what is going on here.. Your attempt to discredit this thread is clearly visible. I only can suggest you to read OP and at least few more pages. If you are not stupid, you have to realize..

User was warned for this post
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-24 12:15:20
June 24 2012 12:14 GMT
#1726
On June 24 2012 20:52 CtrlShiftAltGrrrrrrr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2012 20:44 Clarity_nl wrote:
On June 24 2012 20:41 CtrlShiftAltGrrrrrrr wrote:
On June 24 2012 20:14 Lysanias wrote:
On June 24 2012 20:11 CtrlShiftAltGrrrrrrr wrote:
tvz needs a balance patch its a fact if u disagree u dont play the game at a halfway decent level zerg progamers think so too get over it and move on, david kim hurry pls. terrans progamers have better zvt than tvz/tvt nowadays


It's actualy not a fact, that's why it's a discusion.


theres enough evidence now, just search for it. one i really do enjoy right now is demuslim losing every tvz vs midmasters na zerg even, and beating forgg very easily with zerg, despite forgg getting correct build killing 10 drones at beginning, ahead in upgrades, not injecting, not even creep spreading, didnt matter anyway


Not creepspreading, not injecting, and still winning as zerg.
This must mean zerg was overpowered before the patch as well... right? Wait...


yea mb it does and mb the fact that terran has no lategame was an issue, mb the fact that tvz was already in favor of zerg in korea was an issue, and mb the queen buff was the worst decision blizzard ever made, and mb only platinum players and alike dont realise that ? idra himself was saying lategame terran had became fundamentally underpowered since ghost nerf, and if ud watch korean tvz already back then it shouldt take lon got realise getting wins from proxy 15cc isnt long term solution


What is with the constant insults about someones league when you don't even know what league they are in.
I'm getting so sick of elitist pricks like you that think they're better than others, when all they are doing is whine whine whine.
TvZ was a dead even 50-50 split pre patch.

You can't say some guy beat some other guy without even injecting properly and spreading creep and blame it on the fucking balance patch that changed queen range from 3-5.
The thing that changed was that queens became more prevalent and held off hellions more easily, as well as some early marine pressure. Thus allowing zerg to spread creep more early, feel more comfortable and tech up faster.
None of this matters if what you claim is true.

I never even mentioned the state of balance in TvZ post-patch, you dick.

Apparently since my league matters to you since you tried using it as an insult, I'm masters in EU.



User was warned for this post
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Frex
Profile Joined March 2012
Finland888 Posts
June 24 2012 12:16 GMT
#1727
On June 24 2012 18:50 TheSamuraj wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2012 18:18 svefnleysi wrote:
I think people are looking at TvZ right now with the wrong mindset.

Zerg is favored these days, but I don't think it's because of the queens. "Oh you made an extra 8 hellions? Guess I'm dead now..." is not a fun way to play or watch the game.

I believe the problem lies more in the late game than in the early to late game.

Zerg can easily switch from Broodlords to Ultralisks in the lategame while Terran has to react seperately to both. Make a bunch of vikings to counter my broodlords? Have fun with those vikings when I show up with 8 ultras two minutes later. Same thing with tanks/marauders and broodlords.

I believe the underlying problem is the ghost nerf. Both the snipe and EMP nerf.

I'll throw this out there while I'm at it: I'd love to see Terrans experiment with Yamato battle cruiser switches. It seems like a good idea in terms of both brood lords and ultralisks


The problem with BC's is that u need to start upgrading ship weapons and armor early in the game so that u have 3/3 (or 2/2) BCs when u are making them. If u dont upgrade u will do 3 damage per shot against fully upgraded ultras. Yamato does do 300 damage but for each ultralisk u need two battlecruisers (if yamatoing).

I like the idea of going BCs but ultras could just stampede past your bcs. Against broodlords they have to get past the corrupters which do extra damage against massive targets, so vikings required.
Also mass zergling.


I personally think that Blizzard should consider merging Mech and Air upgrades in a single upgrade, it would help immensely in TvZ, without hurting TvP that much. I also feel it would make TvT even more interesting.
Toadvine
Profile Joined November 2010
Poland2234 Posts
June 24 2012 12:16 GMT
#1728
I sort of think the "Zerg needs to be a base ahead of Terran" notion might be somewhat outdated with the current ling/infestor into ultra style. Throughout the last two months, I've seen many a TvZ where Zerg would come out ahead in engagements with both sides on equal bases. Or a Zerg with a lower base count winning because he has a broodlord/infestor ball up. With good creep spread allowing for favorable engagements and surrounds, I'm not sure if Zerg needs an extra base in the matchup.

In ZvP they still need it before Hive tech, most likely, but afterwards, I've seen Protosses with more bases still lose.
"There are always some Eskimos ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves." - S.J.Lec
Charon1979
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria317 Posts
June 24 2012 12:16 GMT
#1729
I dont need to discredit this thread, this thread gets this done quite alone (like the other 3 or 4 threads that turned into whinethreads). While I really feel sorry for the OP that a quality post was just used as an excuse to flood the topic with tears (by the same players who deemed 5RR balanced, or said "zerg has to figure out" when winquotes where 70% in favor of terran).
This is no discussion. Basically all you are constanly saying is: "I want the game to be balanced at the highest levels, but I dont want to have to play like the highest level in order to win" Self-contradictionary...
Frex
Profile Joined March 2012
Finland888 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-24 12:19:53
June 24 2012 12:17 GMT
#1730
ops nvm

saltygrapes
Profile Joined April 2010
181 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-24 12:19:16
June 24 2012 12:17 GMT
#1731
On June 24 2012 20:40 Thrombozyt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2012 20:17 opterown wrote:
marineking's run in the IPL5 qualifier:
2-1 curious
2-1 symbol
2-1 hyun

#terranhope

I wonder if the rest of the games looked like the one I just saw between MKP and Hyun. As in Hyun has half of Entombed Valley covered in creep, is maxed on crackling/infestor/ultra/bane and then instead of secuing his lead and starving MKP out (who has no chance of taking a 5th ever) he takes all his stuff and a-moves into a multi-tiered siege tank setup while blowing 25 banes up on a single thor.


Honestly, Hyun played so badly in that series and MKP played so well and still he was just barely able to squeak out wins. Even in game 3, MKP did a solid stim timing at Hyun's third base; killing 4 queens and a ton of units yet still ended up 40 supply behind at one point. Any timings Terran can do to punish greedy zergs like that just come out a tad too late to really make up a huge difference, IMO.

After having huge midgame leads, Hyun in both of his losses was behind in upgrades when he shouldn't have been as he had the money to get them and he mismanaged his resources and tech choices. In game 3, he had too many early banelings that weren't cost efficient and he made WAY too many useless mutalisks that led to delayed infestors and delayed hive units. He also didn't seem to have his production engaged very well as he was floating tons of money in both of his losses.

MKP was 8000 resources ahead in units lost in the 3rd game at one point and was still at a huge supply defacit until the very end of the game. That honestly just makes no sense at all.
sxpointz!
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
June 24 2012 12:23 GMT
#1732
On June 24 2012 21:16 Rokoz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2012 18:50 TheSamuraj wrote:
On June 24 2012 18:18 svefnleysi wrote:
I think people are looking at TvZ right now with the wrong mindset.

Zerg is favored these days, but I don't think it's because of the queens. "Oh you made an extra 8 hellions? Guess I'm dead now..." is not a fun way to play or watch the game.

I believe the problem lies more in the late game than in the early to late game.

Zerg can easily switch from Broodlords to Ultralisks in the lategame while Terran has to react seperately to both. Make a bunch of vikings to counter my broodlords? Have fun with those vikings when I show up with 8 ultras two minutes later. Same thing with tanks/marauders and broodlords.

I believe the underlying problem is the ghost nerf. Both the snipe and EMP nerf.

I'll throw this out there while I'm at it: I'd love to see Terrans experiment with Yamato battle cruiser switches. It seems like a good idea in terms of both brood lords and ultralisks


The problem with BC's is that u need to start upgrading ship weapons and armor early in the game so that u have 3/3 (or 2/2) BCs when u are making them. If u dont upgrade u will do 3 damage per shot against fully upgraded ultras. Yamato does do 300 damage but for each ultralisk u need two battlecruisers (if yamatoing).

I like the idea of going BCs but ultras could just stampede past your bcs. Against broodlords they have to get past the corrupters which do extra damage against massive targets, so vikings required.
Also mass zergling.


I personally think that Blizzard should consider merging Mech and Air upgrades in a single upgrade, it would help immensely in TvZ, without hurting TvP that much. I also feel it would make TvT even more interesting.

Not a bad idea, actually, since mech is rarely used vs protoss and the combined upgrades would help versus zerg ultra/brood switches!
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Meff
Profile Joined June 2010
Italy287 Posts
June 24 2012 12:29 GMT
#1733
On June 24 2012 18:40 CatNzHat wrote:
So much of what you say here is wrong, here's a start:
hellions are no longer a threat to queens because queens can kite them, it used to be the other way around, where if you were good with your hellion micro as terran you could kite queens and slow down their creep spread. You still had to have extremely fast reactions if they went for a surround with lings. This interaction between the range 3 queen and range 4 hellion rewarded good control, and punished terrans who played sloppy.

Ehm... hellions have range 5 and can't be kited by queens.
Jermstuddog
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2231 Posts
June 24 2012 13:49 GMT
#1734
On June 24 2012 21:16 Rokoz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2012 18:50 TheSamuraj wrote:
On June 24 2012 18:18 svefnleysi wrote:
I think people are looking at TvZ right now with the wrong mindset.

Zerg is favored these days, but I don't think it's because of the queens. "Oh you made an extra 8 hellions? Guess I'm dead now..." is not a fun way to play or watch the game.

I believe the problem lies more in the late game than in the early to late game.

Zerg can easily switch from Broodlords to Ultralisks in the lategame while Terran has to react seperately to both. Make a bunch of vikings to counter my broodlords? Have fun with those vikings when I show up with 8 ultras two minutes later. Same thing with tanks/marauders and broodlords.

I believe the underlying problem is the ghost nerf. Both the snipe and EMP nerf.

I'll throw this out there while I'm at it: I'd love to see Terrans experiment with Yamato battle cruiser switches. It seems like a good idea in terms of both brood lords and ultralisks


The problem with BC's is that u need to start upgrading ship weapons and armor early in the game so that u have 3/3 (or 2/2) BCs when u are making them. If u dont upgrade u will do 3 damage per shot against fully upgraded ultras. Yamato does do 300 damage but for each ultralisk u need two battlecruisers (if yamatoing).

I like the idea of going BCs but ultras could just stampede past your bcs. Against broodlords they have to get past the corrupters which do extra damage against massive targets, so vikings required.
Also mass zergling.


I personally think that Blizzard should consider merging Mech and Air upgrades in a single upgrade, it would help immensely in TvZ, without hurting TvP that much. I also feel it would make TvT even more interesting.


I personally think Blizzard should consider merging all Zerg upgrades in a single upgrade, it would help immensely with ZvT without hurting ZvP that much. I also feel it would make ZvZ even more interesting.
As it turns out, marines don't actually cost any money -Jinro
sGs.Stregon
Profile Joined February 2012
United States161 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-24 13:57:07
June 24 2012 13:55 GMT
#1735
On June 24 2012 22:49 Jermstuddog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2012 21:16 Rokoz wrote:
On June 24 2012 18:50 TheSamuraj wrote:
On June 24 2012 18:18 svefnleysi wrote:
I think people are looking at TvZ right now with the wrong mindset.

Zerg is favored these days, but I don't think it's because of the queens. "Oh you made an extra 8 hellions? Guess I'm dead now..." is not a fun way to play or watch the game.

I believe the problem lies more in the late game than in the early to late game.

Zerg can easily switch from Broodlords to Ultralisks in the lategame while Terran has to react seperately to both. Make a bunch of vikings to counter my broodlords? Have fun with those vikings when I show up with 8 ultras two minutes later. Same thing with tanks/marauders and broodlords.

I believe the underlying problem is the ghost nerf. Both the snipe and EMP nerf.

I'll throw this out there while I'm at it: I'd love to see Terrans experiment with Yamato battle cruiser switches. It seems like a good idea in terms of both brood lords and ultralisks


The problem with BC's is that u need to start upgrading ship weapons and armor early in the game so that u have 3/3 (or 2/2) BCs when u are making them. If u dont upgrade u will do 3 damage per shot against fully upgraded ultras. Yamato does do 300 damage but for each ultralisk u need two battlecruisers (if yamatoing).

I like the idea of going BCs but ultras could just stampede past your bcs. Against broodlords they have to get past the corrupters which do extra damage against massive targets, so vikings required.
Also mass zergling.


I personally think that Blizzard should consider merging Mech and Air upgrades in a single upgrade, it would help immensely in TvZ, without hurting TvP that much. I also feel it would make TvT even more interesting.


I personally think Blizzard should consider merging all Zerg upgrades in a single upgrade, it would help immensely with ZvT without hurting ZvP that much. I also feel it would make ZvZ even more interesting.


Really that is so akward.. I totally think Blizzard should nerf infestor and BroodLords also.. Mabey after zerg gets nerfed in 80% of patchs over 2 years we can talk about getting all their upgrades into one though .
Sc:Bw4Life ; 14+ years, aint gunna stop
Bippzy
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1466 Posts
June 24 2012 14:05 GMT
#1736
On June 24 2012 21:16 Toadvine wrote:
I sort of think the "Zerg needs to be a base ahead of Terran" notion might be somewhat outdated with the current ling/infestor into ultra style. Throughout the last two months, I've seen many a TvZ where Zerg would come out ahead in engagements with both sides on equal bases. Or a Zerg with a lower base count winning because he has a broodlord/infestor ball up. With good creep spread allowing for favorable engagements and surrounds, I'm not sure if Zerg needs an extra base in the matchup.

In ZvP they still need it before Hive tech, most likely, but afterwards, I've seen Protosses with more bases still lose.


The principle before 3 base is that zerg needs to be a base ahead of terran. If a zerg wants to go hive tech, the only way it's not all-innish is to have more than 3 bases. If the terran can deny them back to three base when they try to hive then the terran just needs a favorable engagement.

Also, @ the person talking about marineking vs hyun... Thats the same problem i have when i watch pros. I really couldnt tell you what terran can or should be doing at any given moment that will be a winning move
LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK
soupchicken
Profile Joined October 2010
United States322 Posts
June 24 2012 14:07 GMT
#1737
On June 24 2012 21:16 Rokoz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2012 18:50 TheSamuraj wrote:
On June 24 2012 18:18 svefnleysi wrote:
I think people are looking at TvZ right now with the wrong mindset.

Zerg is favored these days, but I don't think it's because of the queens. "Oh you made an extra 8 hellions? Guess I'm dead now..." is not a fun way to play or watch the game.

I believe the problem lies more in the late game than in the early to late game.

Zerg can easily switch from Broodlords to Ultralisks in the lategame while Terran has to react seperately to both. Make a bunch of vikings to counter my broodlords? Have fun with those vikings when I show up with 8 ultras two minutes later. Same thing with tanks/marauders and broodlords.

I believe the underlying problem is the ghost nerf. Both the snipe and EMP nerf.

I'll throw this out there while I'm at it: I'd love to see Terrans experiment with Yamato battle cruiser switches. It seems like a good idea in terms of both brood lords and ultralisks


The problem with BC's is that u need to start upgrading ship weapons and armor early in the game so that u have 3/3 (or 2/2) BCs when u are making them. If u dont upgrade u will do 3 damage per shot against fully upgraded ultras. Yamato does do 300 damage but for each ultralisk u need two battlecruisers (if yamatoing).

I like the idea of going BCs but ultras could just stampede past your bcs. Against broodlords they have to get past the corrupters which do extra damage against massive targets, so vikings required.
Also mass zergling.


I personally think that Blizzard should consider merging Mech and Air upgrades in a single upgrade, it would help immensely in TvZ, without hurting TvP that much. I also feel it would make TvT even more interesting.


I really like this idea
Tryagain4free
Profile Joined March 2012
81 Posts
June 24 2012 14:41 GMT
#1738
On June 24 2012 23:05 Bippzy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2012 21:16 Toadvine wrote:
I sort of think the "Zerg needs to be a base ahead of Terran" notion might be somewhat outdated with the current ling/infestor into ultra style. Throughout the last two months, I've seen many a TvZ where Zerg would come out ahead in engagements with both sides on equal bases. Or a Zerg with a lower base count winning because he has a broodlord/infestor ball up. With good creep spread allowing for favorable engagements and surrounds, I'm not sure if Zerg needs an extra base in the matchup.

In ZvP they still need it before Hive tech, most likely, but afterwards, I've seen Protosses with more bases still lose.


The principle before 3 base is that zerg needs to be a base ahead of terran. If a zerg wants to go hive tech, the only way it's not all-innish is to have more than 3 bases. If the terran can deny them back to three base when they try to hive then the terran just needs a favorable engagement.

Also, @ the person talking about marineking vs hyun... Thats the same problem i have when i watch pros. I really couldnt tell you what terran can or should be doing at any given moment that will be a winning move



Hi Bippzy!

I would say you are right about this, if we talk about pre patch scenarios. But the point is, early defense with "queens only" and faster 3. base gives zerg earlier access to 6 gas play overall. While in the early game, the whole defense works without any/much gas at all. So now you see zerg delay speedupgrade for lings and cut roaches all together, if they want to play with heavy focus on economy.

Thus you see hive timings at points in the game, you have never experienced pre patch. So post patch, it is possible to go hivetech on three bases, and even earlier then before. And it seems not to be "all-inish" at all. I think that is in deed one of the mayor concerns post patch. All kinds of timings for terran opneners have changed (besdides sth like 11/11), and on the other side of the pitch, zerg tech timings have altered quite a bit in favour of their lategame.
Shewklad
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden482 Posts
June 24 2012 14:45 GMT
#1739
Just watched apollos stream, where he absolutley crushed a meching terran with mass baneling and roaches. And said he feeled so cheap, cause terran is so much harder to play. And really, this is one of the best random players out there..
Bomber || Thorzain || Startale >< No gods, no masters.
covetousrat
Profile Joined October 2010
2109 Posts
June 24 2012 14:49 GMT
#1740
On June 24 2012 23:07 soupchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2012 21:16 Rokoz wrote:
On June 24 2012 18:50 TheSamuraj wrote:
On June 24 2012 18:18 svefnleysi wrote:
I think people are looking at TvZ right now with the wrong mindset.

Zerg is favored these days, but I don't think it's because of the queens. "Oh you made an extra 8 hellions? Guess I'm dead now..." is not a fun way to play or watch the game.

I believe the problem lies more in the late game than in the early to late game.

Zerg can easily switch from Broodlords to Ultralisks in the lategame while Terran has to react seperately to both. Make a bunch of vikings to counter my broodlords? Have fun with those vikings when I show up with 8 ultras two minutes later. Same thing with tanks/marauders and broodlords.

I believe the underlying problem is the ghost nerf. Both the snipe and EMP nerf.

I'll throw this out there while I'm at it: I'd love to see Terrans experiment with Yamato battle cruiser switches. It seems like a good idea in terms of both brood lords and ultralisks


The problem with BC's is that u need to start upgrading ship weapons and armor early in the game so that u have 3/3 (or 2/2) BCs when u are making them. If u dont upgrade u will do 3 damage per shot against fully upgraded ultras. Yamato does do 300 damage but for each ultralisk u need two battlecruisers (if yamatoing).

I like the idea of going BCs but ultras could just stampede past your bcs. Against broodlords they have to get past the corrupters which do extra damage against massive targets, so vikings required.
Also mass zergling.


I personally think that Blizzard should consider merging Mech and Air upgrades in a single upgrade, it would help immensely in TvZ, without hurting TvP that much. I also feel it would make TvT even more interesting.


I really like this idea


Hmm this seems to be a very interesting idea from a Protoss point of view and I personally like it. However, this can be a bit balance breaking at this point with HOTS releasing soon. If there ever was this change, it should come in HOTS.
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 136 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
BRAT_OK 55
JuggernautJason50
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23925
Mini 395
Hyuk 156
firebathero 120
ggaemo 119
Dewaltoss 117
ToSsGirL 25
ZZZero.O 23
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Gorgc7144
febbydoto22
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3413
Khaldor1550
crisheroes1028
Liquid`Hasu812
Other Games
FrodaN2817
fl0m919
Beastyqt743
KnowMe441
mouzStarbuck306
summit1g157
ArmadaUGS122
Mew2King52
Trikslyr43
Chillindude17
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1102
BasetradeTV198
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 100
• StrangeGG 49
• Adnapsc2 23
• LUISG 9
• Letter141
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 44
• 80smullet 19
• Azhi_Dahaki3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7705
• WagamamaTV485
Other Games
• imaqtpie854
• Shiphtur288
• tFFMrPink 15
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 50m
INu's Battles
16h 50m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19h 50m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 50m
Replay Cast
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 20h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.