• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:43
CEST 01:43
KST 08:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8084 users

[Nov] TLPD Race Winrate Graphs - Page 11

Forum Index > SC2 General
798 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 40 Next All
InFi.asc
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany518 Posts
December 05 2011 16:03 GMT
#201
On December 06 2011 00:31 WinteRR wrote:
T 55% -> 45%. They went and broke TvP. Great.

That's a ridiculous swing, even though these stats can't be taken as gospel truth.


that's like the funniest comment I have read i a while.

Terran up 55 %: everything is all dandy

protoss up 55%: matchup is broken!
* Liquid'Hero * Liquid'TLO * oGsMC * oGsFin *
ceaRshaf
Profile Joined August 2009
Romania4926 Posts
December 05 2011 16:08 GMT
#202
On December 06 2011 01:03 InFi.asc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 00:31 WinteRR wrote:
T 55% -> 45%. They went and broke TvP. Great.

That's a ridiculous swing, even though these stats can't be taken as gospel truth.


that's like the funniest comment I have read i a while.

Terran up 55 %: everything is all dandy

protoss up 55%: matchup is broken!


We forget that terran players are actually better so they weren't OP they were just good.

On a serious note it's a short time to call it anything. The recent patches just landed. We need to digest them.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Baum
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1010 Posts
December 05 2011 16:14 GMT
#203
In every science class you would get a hit with a stick because of your sensationalist formatting of these stats. 5% is a minor difference but your graphs make it out to be a huge one.
I want to be with those who share secret things or else alone.
Doko
Profile Joined May 2010
Argentina1737 Posts
December 05 2011 16:22 GMT
#204
id say that 10% difference is in reality 5% emp radius reduction and 5% double forge becoming standard.
ProxyKnoxy
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2576 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-05 16:25:04
December 05 2011 16:23 GMT
#205
What on earth has happened to TvP

I don't think it is accurate to say that TvP is broken imba in P's favour as the patch has only just come through..

I don't think the cost of forge upgrades itself has made this change, it's just made people aware that double forge is pretty freaking good.

The emp change was needed though if we're being honest
"Zealot try give mariners high five. Mariners not like high five and try hide and shoot zealot"
covetousrat
Profile Joined October 2010
2109 Posts
December 05 2011 16:30 GMT
#206
The rise of Protoss !! LOLOL
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-05 16:36:02
December 05 2011 16:35 GMT
#207
-Terran favored in PvT for months and months -> Everything is cool, terran players just better bla bla.
-Protoss favored for the first time in ages -> OMG matchup broken, Protoss is soooo OP.
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
December 05 2011 16:36 GMT
#208
On December 06 2011 01:14 Baum wrote:
In every science class you would get a hit with a stick because of your sensationalist formatting of these stats. 5% is a minor difference but your graphs make it out to be a huge one.


His graphs are perfectly acceptable so long as his error bars are accurate. Its a difference, thats all that matters; whether 5% or 50% doesn't matter. What DOES matter is if that difference is statistically significant (i.e. that the error bars do not overlap).

My PhD supervisor would hit me with a stick if I didn't report a statistically significant difference, even if it was "only" 5% (which can actually be a huge difference depending upon what you're measuring).


Anyway, interesting to see the huge reversal in PvT. First time Terran has been lowest in the winrates. For all those yelling about "its happened before", people are referring to the overall winrates at the top, NOT just TvP; Terran has always been top race in overall except for February where it was 0.1% below Protoss, making it second for that month, and even then the Terran moving average has NEVER been below that of either of the other races until now.

I think the PvT is a combination of Terran not knowing how many Ghosts to build now after the EMP nerf (something that'll have to be worked out) coupled with the patch going "hey Protoss, get more upgrades" which has caused this change to Protoss playstyles that Terran haven't figured out yet.

Give it a month or so and I expect to see it stabilising out a lot more. Though how far it swings back towards Terran will be the real test of how successful the patch was.
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
Mehukannu
Profile Joined October 2010
Finland421 Posts
December 05 2011 16:36 GMT
#209
On December 06 2011 01:23 ProxyKnoxy wrote:
What on earth has happened to TvP

I don't think it is accurate to say that TvP is broken imba in P's favour as the patch has only just come through..

I don't think the cost of forge upgrades itself has made this change, it's just made people aware that double forge is pretty freaking good.

The emp change was needed though if we're being honest

I wonder why EMP nerf was even needed, now that I look the graph from TvP october the match up only had 5,4% difference, it wasn't huge at all.
C=('. ' Q)
aderum
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Sweden1459 Posts
December 05 2011 16:37 GMT
#210
Glad to see Protoss being on top in PvT, thats how i felt on ladder tho, the patch just hit so i guess it will even out quite soon. Its really weird that zerg i still so favored against protoss, seeing how protoss got buffed with prism and immortal, and zerg lost range on NP. I wonder why it is so.
Crazy people dont sit around and wonder if they are insane
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
December 05 2011 16:38 GMT
#211
On December 06 2011 01:30 covetousrat wrote:
The rise of Protoss !! LOLOL

and a sequal Beneath Aiur!
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
Chewbacca.
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3634 Posts
December 05 2011 16:39 GMT
#212
On December 06 2011 01:14 Baum wrote:
In every science class you would get a hit with a stick because of your sensationalist formatting of these stats. 5% is a minor difference but your graphs make it out to be a huge one.


I would think that most science teachers would be capable of reading the scale and determing that it is a minor difference even if it looks big. Also...as if scientists don't try and skew things to match their hypothesis + to obtain further funding...
InFi.asc
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany518 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-05 16:40:43
December 05 2011 16:39 GMT
#213
On December 06 2011 01:36 Mehukannu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 01:23 ProxyKnoxy wrote:
What on earth has happened to TvP

I don't think it is accurate to say that TvP is broken imba in P's favour as the patch has only just come through..

I don't think the cost of forge upgrades itself has made this change, it's just made people aware that double forge is pretty freaking good.

The emp change was needed though if we're being honest

I wonder why EMP nerf was even needed, now that I look the graph from TvP october the match up only had 5,4% difference, it wasn't huge at all.


then you should look at korean only statistics or GSL only statistics. there you have more significant differences.

http://i.imgur.com/bviP1.png
* Liquid'Hero * Liquid'TLO * oGsMC * oGsFin *
Mehukannu
Profile Joined October 2010
Finland421 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-05 16:50:33
December 05 2011 16:48 GMT
#214
On December 06 2011 01:39 InFi.asc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 01:36 Mehukannu wrote:
On December 06 2011 01:23 ProxyKnoxy wrote:
What on earth has happened to TvP

I don't think it is accurate to say that TvP is broken imba in P's favour as the patch has only just come through..

I don't think the cost of forge upgrades itself has made this change, it's just made people aware that double forge is pretty freaking good.

The emp change was needed though if we're being honest

I wonder why EMP nerf was even needed, now that I look the graph from TvP october the match up only had 5,4% difference, it wasn't huge at all.


then you should look at korean only statistics or GSL only statistics. there you have more significant differences.

http://i.imgur.com/bviP1.png

Isn't there more terran and zerg players in korea than there is protoss players? I think that is definitely a thing to consider about the match ups in korea.

EDIT: When November statistics for Korea comes out?
C=('. ' Q)
Elefanto
Profile Joined May 2010
Switzerland3584 Posts
December 05 2011 16:49 GMT
#215
Foreigner Terrans are damping the winrates D:
Stil i feel the emp nerf made PvT ALOT better from my personal experience.

If they get PvZ right, i'm going to be incredibly happy and it might motivate me again to play more.
wat
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
December 05 2011 16:50 GMT
#216
Interesting results, PvT seems to be turned on its head, while TvZ is unchanged. PvZ is getting better for protoss but still not there yet. And overall balance is at its best since June.
pPingu
Profile Joined September 2011
Switzerland2892 Posts
December 05 2011 16:52 GMT
#217
On December 06 2011 01:48 Mehukannu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 01:39 InFi.asc wrote:
On December 06 2011 01:36 Mehukannu wrote:
On December 06 2011 01:23 ProxyKnoxy wrote:
What on earth has happened to TvP

I don't think it is accurate to say that TvP is broken imba in P's favour as the patch has only just come through..

I don't think the cost of forge upgrades itself has made this change, it's just made people aware that double forge is pretty freaking good.

The emp change was needed though if we're being honest

I wonder why EMP nerf was even needed, now that I look the graph from TvP october the match up only had 5,4% difference, it wasn't huge at all.


then you should look at korean only statistics or GSL only statistics. there you have more significant differences.

http://i.imgur.com/bviP1.png

Isn't there more terran and zerg players in korea than there is protoss players? I think that is definitely a thing to consider about the match ups in korea.

EDIT: When November statistics for Korea comes out?


There were more in the gsl, but it doesn't modify the stats for tvp and zvp

Kore stats normally come a couple of days after those
Catatonic
Profile Joined August 2011
United States699 Posts
December 05 2011 16:53 GMT
#218
On December 06 2011 00:07 thezanursic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 23:59 Catatonic wrote:
On December 05 2011 20:16 red4ce wrote:
So the big question is, how do you balance PvZ without screwing up TvP or vice versa.

Now I could be extreamly wrong an in all likelyhood I am (since im only bronze though I atleast like to believe I have an extensive or atleast very decent knowledge of the game just not the multitasking skills or focus to attain higher lol) but I think what swings the the game in favor of zergs so much are the use of Mutas. On ladder, against friends, and practice partners of varying levels (bronze-med gold) I generally go muta,ling/bling into ultralisks (not gas effecient I know but I feel comfortable going this compo) an I just shut them down with mutas keeping them on 1-2base max until I get ultras out which then just go on a protoss all you can eat buffet binge. The Muta's manuverability and quickness make it easy to demolish mineral lines an tech structures until heavy anti air is invested in which delays the protoss an terren significantly atleast from what iv seen. Though to nerf Muta's would be rather difficult an break zerg's matchup against either race terren or protoss seeing as how its the only truly viable midgame harrass unit since most wall off against lings leaving only drop play an nydas which arent all too viable. Without that harass capability both races would go unchecked an mass up the deathball army to counter what ever zerg is doing every matchup since they'd get it so quickly with the minimal harass. I dont know if im wrong though I can only speak of how it appears to be to myself.

Sorry if thats hard to read, im not the best grammatically and im infamous for run on sentences lol >.< (and a lack of punctuation hence the run ons though >.<) lol

Nerfing mutas isn't the answer. Terrans just have put down 6 turrets to defend. I think turrets could be SLIGHTLY buffed, but there is no reason to not get the turret range upgrade and around 6 turrets it pays of believe it or not it does. I'm not saying turret your main like you see in bronze just put down 6-10 turrets down at the side where mutas come from now only do this if the zerg is going heavy muta obviously don't do this against 10 mutas, but at 30 mutas 10 turrets should trade cost effectively or just keep the zerg from attacking you
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=277047
I would even say it wouldn't be bad to just put down twice as many late game. Turrets aren't just a muta repeller it's also a way to buy time for your marines to arrive.

Though atleast from my experience once I start getting air upgrades which is immediately once the spire is done, turrets get burned down quickly. Around the 10min mark I have 7-9 mutas so I generally see round 3-4 turrets total in the base which i burn quick run out to escape the marines then run back in when they leave. The only thing Iv seen that terren has unless they actually do mass out turrets (which then ill just tech switch) is thors which seem to rip through mutas like a knife through butter (ofcourse meaning the butter isnt a frozen brick). I wasnt saying nerfing mutas was the answer though as it would create an immense imbalance in favor of the other races. Im just saying mutas being as good as they are, are a reason for terran balancing out in the win percentage cause iv seen mutas being used in increasing frequency in all matchups.
T: DeMuslim SeleCT. P: Naniwa Genius. Z: IdrA Destiny Team: EG
InFi.asc
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany518 Posts
December 05 2011 16:54 GMT
#219
On December 06 2011 01:48 Mehukannu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 01:39 InFi.asc wrote:
On December 06 2011 01:36 Mehukannu wrote:
On December 06 2011 01:23 ProxyKnoxy wrote:
What on earth has happened to TvP

I don't think it is accurate to say that TvP is broken imba in P's favour as the patch has only just come through..

I don't think the cost of forge upgrades itself has made this change, it's just made people aware that double forge is pretty freaking good.

The emp change was needed though if we're being honest

I wonder why EMP nerf was even needed, now that I look the graph from TvP october the match up only had 5,4% difference, it wasn't huge at all.


then you should look at korean only statistics or GSL only statistics. there you have more significant differences.

http://i.imgur.com/bviP1.png

Isn't there more terran and zerg players in korea than there is protoss players? I think that is definitely a thing to consider about the match ups in korea.

EDIT: When November statistics for Korea comes out?


the number of players has no direct influence in the winning percentages.

aside from that I don't know when the Korean stats will be uploaded but I hope they will be done simultaneously in the future so we don't even have to use the International stats to get sense of the balance.

that said I can give you the GSL stats.

[image loading]

[image loading]




* Liquid'Hero * Liquid'TLO * oGsMC * oGsFin *
Kanil
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1713 Posts
December 05 2011 16:55 GMT
#220
This is Terran's first month ever below 50%, isn't it? I guess that's something!

Then again, they did win two of the four major tournaments this month, so I'm still not too worried about them. :p
I used to have an Oz icon over here ---->
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 40 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 571
Rain 340
White-Ra 121
910 43
Dota 2
monkeys_forever564
NeuroSwarm174
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv57
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe114
PPMD73
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9076
Liquid`Hasu1243
Trikslyr98
Other Games
summit1g8055
shahzam602
JimRising 423
C9.Mang0263
ArmadaUGS75
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick664
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream302
Other Games
BasetradeTV190
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 124
• Letter141
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 18m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.