• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:03
CEST 00:03
KST 07:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20269Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8531 users

Old Replays From 1.4.6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
ZenBeckson
Profile Joined September 2017
Bulgaria9 Posts
September 09 2017 23:45 GMT
#1
Hello everyone,
I have participated in some low level tournaments in WoL days. Now I'm kinda desperate to watch my old replays, but since 3.0 patch I can't do so.
I've spend like 5 hours trying everything that i found on the web as a solution but with no success. The closest I got was when I downloaded older version of SC2 but then I recieved the message that I don't have the maps on which the games were played...
Please I'm begging you, help me start them just once so I can record them. If anyone has older version, pre 3.0, mapfull, please let me download it.
Inazuma
Profile Joined June 2016
17 Posts
September 09 2017 23:59 GMT
#2
blizz really needs a revamped replay system, specifically one that doesnt force us to relog in everytime we want to watch another old replay
ZenBeckson
Profile Joined September 2017
Bulgaria9 Posts
September 10 2017 17:47 GMT
#3
I've made some decent progress, but I still need Battle.net cache folder containing following maps:
Xel'Naga Caverns
MLG Shattered Temple
MLG Antiga Shipyard
Tal'darim Altar LE
GSL Terminus SE
Korhal Compound LE
GSL_Entombed Valley
iCCup Testbug

I'm again begging for someone's help
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
September 10 2017 17:59 GMT
#4
My old version of SC got corrupted into an update somehow, I can't help anymore.

I'm curious about the progress you've made though, cause when I tried to get another one back by any means, I hit a massive wall.
No will to live, no wish to die
ZenBeckson
Profile Joined September 2017
Bulgaria9 Posts
September 10 2017 18:08 GMT
#5
Well the progress I've made was this: I downloaded old version of StarCraft 2 which is offline only (the worst thing is blizzard makes me do this..). Then I dug out my old computer from the closet. The original starcraft I got there has never been unnistalled and although it was patched post 3.0 its Battle.net cache folder contained most of the maps for which I have replays. So I coppied that cache to my new computer - old sc2 replay - installation and it worked.
Still I lack all of the maps which I want and as of right now I'm desperetly searching the web for an active link for such old cache folder
DSK
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
England1110 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-10 20:52:58
September 10 2017 20:47 GMT
#6
I don't know of any way to do it from a brand new installation, but I made a copy of my HotS installation directory and the config files etc in the My Documents directory and use this to watch and record old VODs from WoL and HotS.

The trick is to use the SC2Switcher, which can be found in the StarCraft II\Support\ directory. Simply drag the replay file over the the SC2Switcher.exe or a shortcut of it and it should load - provided you A) are not logged into Battle.net and B) have Internet access (files and cache might be needed to watch said replay).

It should then download any files, then load up the replay as normal.

At any rate, this is what I currently have to do for my YouTube channel in trying to record all of the old tournies for posterity (it's taking an absolute age).

If you have a newer version, patched in late 2015 or newer then in my experience it will first automatically log into Battle.net and it will flat out refuse to play and dump you to a login screen. I have done some basic investigation into this, and perhaps it's due to the .MPQ files in the StarCraft II\Updates\base\ folder?.

For reference I have:

+ Show Spoiler +

s2-update-base-23258.MPQ
s2-update-base-24540.MPQ
s2-update-base-26147.MPQ
s2-update-base-28522.MPQ
s2-update-base-32384.MPQ
s2-update-base-36657.MPQ



Best of luck, Zen .
**@ YT: SC2POVs at https://www.youtube.com/c/SC2POVsTV | https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/SC2POVs @**
ZenBeckson
Profile Joined September 2017
Bulgaria9 Posts
September 10 2017 21:05 GMT
#7
Too bad I wasn't around starcraft when the patch came out, so I did not prepare.
Can you please upload your bnet cache folder somewhere and send me a link? I know its annoying and for a stranger, but the folder shouldnt be too big (max I've seen is 1gb) and I'll be very gratefull if you do so.
It should be located like such:
On Mac it's:
/Users/Shared/Blizzard/Battle.net/Cache
On Windows it should be:
C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache

Anyway Thank you.
DSK
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
England1110 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-10 23:05:24
September 10 2017 21:14 GMT
#8
On September 11 2017 06:05 ZenBeckson wrote:
Too bad I wasn't around starcraft when the patch came out, so I did not prepare.
Can you please upload your bnet cache folder somewhere and send me a link? I know its annoying and for a stranger, but the folder shouldnt be too big (max I've seen is 1gb) and I'll be very gratefull if you do so.
It should be located like such:
On Mac it's:
/Users/Shared/Blizzard/Battle.net/Cache
On Windows it should be:
C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache

Anyway Thank you.


It's just over 450MB (5000+ files) and I'm happy to do so, but it'll take time to upload. I'll update this post when I've done so. I'll include the ancillary files too.


[Added]

Download for the cache below!.
+ Show Spoiler +
https://ufile.io/ilsup
**@ YT: SC2POVs at https://www.youtube.com/c/SC2POVsTV | https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/SC2POVs @**
ZenBeckson
Profile Joined September 2017
Bulgaria9 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-10 23:36:32
September 10 2017 23:34 GMT
#9
Thank you so much for spending your time helping me. Sadly that cache dont have the maps i need. Good thing is that it contains alot of maps I dont have in mine.
Its so stupid blizzard didn't think of a way to solve this ****

I need way older cache
WeddingEpisode
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States356 Posts
September 11 2017 03:40 GMT
#10
Would the Map Editor have a cache that could help?
Would Virtual Machine help?
Sorry if no help.


Still diamond
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
September 11 2017 04:58 GMT
#11
I would suggest you post this in the Blizzard forums and Reddit. I think they will be able to help you out as well.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
ZenBeckson
Profile Joined September 2017
Bulgaria9 Posts
September 11 2017 07:17 GMT
#12
@WeddingEpisode
I'm not sure about the Map Editor. I tried to download the maps from there, but blizzard does'not support old maps in their download system... which I believe is kinda stupid. As the whole replay system to be honest. As for virtual machine, I can't think of a way it can help me.

@Seeker
I've already posted in reddit, but I'll post in Blizz forums as well as u suggested.
DSK
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
England1110 Posts
September 11 2017 12:51 GMT
#13
On September 11 2017 08:34 ZenBeckson wrote:
Thank you so much for spending your time helping me. Sadly that cache dont have the maps i need. Good thing is that it contains alot of maps I dont have in mine.
Its so stupid blizzard didn't think of a way to solve this ****

I need way older cache


If you want, you can upload your replays to me and I will play the files, download the cache and then re-upload the folder to see if that helps?.

Or if you have a handful of replays (10 or so) I can record and upload them for you, if you want FPVODs. As my full time job is very busy at the moment I can't guarantee being able to do this right away, mind.

Anything for a fellow StarCraft fan though! :D
**@ YT: SC2POVs at https://www.youtube.com/c/SC2POVsTV | https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/SC2POVs @**
ZenBeckson
Profile Joined September 2017
Bulgaria9 Posts
September 11 2017 13:16 GMT
#14
I'm kinda falling in love with you...I'll upload them later today after I get back from work. Again...thank you very much!
ZenBeckson
Profile Joined September 2017
Bulgaria9 Posts
September 11 2017 19:11 GMT
#15
Here are the problem replays:
https://ufile.io/pgifd
Thank you again for doing this. If you can update the cache folder and it works it would be great
DSK
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
England1110 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-12 20:45:26
September 11 2017 20:17 GMT
#16
On September 12 2017 04:11 ZenBeckson wrote:
Here are the problem replays:
https://ufile.io/pgifd
Thank you again for doing this. If you can update the cache folder and it works it would be great


Currently trying to play your files, but it needs to download 13GBs of files before doing so :D.

[Added]

I was able to play all replays but "Zen vs Alkazar".

The download for the cache and some extras is below.
+ Show Spoiler +
ufile.io
**@ YT: SC2POVs at https://www.youtube.com/c/SC2POVsTV | https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/SC2POVs @**
ZenBeckson
Profile Joined September 2017
Bulgaria9 Posts
September 13 2017 00:09 GMT
#17
It worked! Thank you for helping me keep this memories! I'm so glad that this community has people like you, who will spend time and effort just to help a stranger out.

About "Zen vs Alkazar". Thats the oldest of all and its the only which isn't a part of a tournament...it was a single game razer sponsored event with prizes. Anyway all of the rest are way more imortant to me.

Thank you!
DSK
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
England1110 Posts
September 13 2017 05:22 GMT
#18
No problem, happy to help .
**@ YT: SC2POVs at https://www.youtube.com/c/SC2POVsTV | https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/SC2POVs @**
PharaphobiaSC
Profile Joined April 2016
Czech Republic457 Posts
September 13 2017 07:22 GMT
#19
U think u can upload the old version of SC2 aswell? I have some interesting ideas with this.
twitch.tv/pharaphobia
lmicu
Profile Joined February 2012
2 Posts
January 10 2018 22:43 GMT
#20
Can someone do a vod for me too, I have a WOL replay and can't get it to start on LOTV. Unfortunately I don't have any old versions of the game. I have the HOTS cd but won't install hots, just LOTV again.

I can email the Replay its on Daedalus Point
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 164
Liquid`TLO 141
ProTech138
RuFF_SC2 117
ViBE55
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16166
Artosis 89
firebathero 88
PianO 16
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever326
canceldota84
League of Legends
Doublelift3824
Counter-Strike
minikerr5
Super Smash Bros
PPMD48
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu622
Other Games
summit1g6984
FrodaN1235
shahzam530
B2W.Neo360
C9.Mang0321
RotterdaM105
Mew2King30
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile137
• StrangeGG 31
• RyuSc2 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 29
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1109
• Shiphtur484
Upcoming Events
OSC
12m
Replay Cast
57m
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.