• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:18
CEST 23:18
KST 06:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8751 users

Another Neural Parasite Change. - Page 50

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 48 49 50 51 52 59 Next
branflakes14
Profile Joined July 2010
2082 Posts
September 16 2011 13:13 GMT
#981
On September 16 2011 21:04 s4life wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 20:49 VaMp wrote:
Remove infestor
Add Defiler



But then you'd need irradiating ghosts to counter the dark swarm.. I can't imagine all the zerg whine that addition would cause


Fuck it, let's all just go play the SC2BW map.
PrObeLife
Profile Joined September 2011
Australia22 Posts
September 16 2011 13:20 GMT
#982


Fuck it, let's all just go play the SC2BW map.[/QUOTE]


That would be awesome. I played it the other day..made me miss and remember how much better bw was. I am really giving sc2 a chance but I feel like I am lying to myself trying to say its more fun than bw (the original star "crack")

Would be awesome if everyone just stopped playing sc2 and played the bw mod..I rekon blizzard would take a long hard look at the game. You can see how much power people have in numbers. Heck look at all the zerg QQ got them a result. Maybe not a good one..but a reaction at least.
HybridZ
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada103 Posts
September 16 2011 13:44 GMT
#983
On September 16 2011 05:08 Yaotzin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 05:05 zul wrote:
On September 16 2011 05:00 Siphonn wrote:
I like this change alot better than the oringinal one, and this is coming from a protoss. I feel like getting rid of NP on collosi would be much more drastic and game changing than this.

yeah, because now it "seems" like it is still doable, but I highly doubt it actually is. bringing the fragile infestor that close to the enemy, will very often lead to immadiate death. (and dead infestors cant NP very well )

People suicide casters to do damage all the time, no reason infestors can't do it with NP too. It'll be a hard decision on when to do it, which is nice.

Show nested quote +

Should have made the mothership invulnerable to neural along with this change.

Yah this is the one part of the massive version I liked. MS actually has potential against Zerg if not for one neural ending it.

What so toss can vortez the Zerg and win everygame if done properly? Yea that's balanced.. It should come down to micro IMO.
For Char! Written on Iphone
HybridZ
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada103 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 13:50:42
September 16 2011 13:45 GMT
#984

I like this change alot better than the oringinal one, and this is coming from a protoss. I feel like getting rid of NP on collosi would be much more drastic and game changing than this.[/QUOTE]
yeah, because now it "seems" like it is still doable, but I highly doubt it actually is. bringing the fragile infestor that close to the enemy, will very often lead to immadiate death. (and dead infestors cant NP very well )[/QUOTE]
People suicide casters to do damage all the time, no reason infestors can't do it with NP too. It'll be a hard decision on when to do it, which is nice.
Should have made the mothership invulnerable to neural along with this change.
[
Yah this is the one part of the massive version I liked. MS actually has potential against Zerg if not for one neural ending it.
What so toss can vortez the Zerg and win everygame if done properly? Yea that's balanced.. It should come down to micro IMO.
For Char! Written on Iphone
Doz
Profile Joined July 2010
United States145 Posts
September 16 2011 13:47 GMT
#985
Really the infestors abilities should have just been split up into two different caster units. Currently zerg has 1 where P and T both have two caster units. Just give the zerg another unit (which they need imo, seems like they'd be incredibly boring to play), split FG to be a root only effect, give the new unit the aoe damage from FG. Let infestors keep the infested terran ability, the new unit can have neural.

The problem with infestors isn't so much the spells as it is how easily the spells can work together to counter every build in the game, it's too much mileage out of 1 unit. Simply splitting the abilities between two units and increasing the skill cap needed to use all of those abilities together.
Check out my map thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=192306
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
September 16 2011 13:50 GMT
#986
Give the overseer Infested Terran (as a skill they have to upgrade). IT bombs!
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
cilinder007
Profile Joined August 2010
Slovenia7251 Posts
September 16 2011 13:51 GMT
#987
On September 16 2011 22:50 zarepath wrote:
Give the overseer Infested Terran (as a skill they have to upgrade). IT bombs!


yea that would be balanced !
rdr
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden48 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 13:54:14
September 16 2011 13:53 GMT
#988
I have played zerg and i know somewhat how they think on a plat level at least. Why zerg doesent like the NP nerf so much agasint protoss is because they dont like corruptors against colossus, so they want the easy way and have infestors take that role. Terrans dosent have that choise they make vikings to counter it. Blizzard should know this
Robstickle
Profile Joined April 2010
Great Britain406 Posts
September 16 2011 13:53 GMT
#989
On September 16 2011 22:50 zarepath wrote:
Give the overseer Infested Terran (as a skill they have to upgrade). IT bombs!


Sir, you are my hero.
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
September 16 2011 13:54 GMT
#990
On September 16 2011 22:20 PrObeLife wrote:


Fuck it, let's all just go play the SC2BW map.



That would be awesome. I played it the other day..made me miss and remember how much better bw was. I am really giving sc2 a chance but I feel like I am lying to myself trying to say its more fun than bw (the original star "crack")

Would be awesome if everyone just stopped playing sc2 and played the bw mod..I rekon blizzard would take a long hard look at the game. You can see how much power people have in numbers. Heck look at all the zerg QQ got them a result. Maybe not a good one..but a reaction at least.[/QUOTE]

So what are the zealot back and forth build time changes indicative of? Protoss QQing?
ZaaaaaM
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands1828 Posts
September 16 2011 13:55 GMT
#991
On September 16 2011 22:53 rdr wrote:
I have played zerg and i know somewhat how they think on a plat level at least. Why zerg doesent like the NP nerf so much agasint protoss is because they dont like corruptors against colossus, so they want the easy way and have infestors take that role. Terrans dosent have that choise they make vikings to counter it. Blizzard should know this

Thank you, for bringing that insight to this thread.
no dude, the question
rdr
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden48 Posts
September 16 2011 13:57 GMT
#992
On September 16 2011 22:55 ZaaaaaM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 22:53 rdr wrote:
I have played zerg and i know somewhat how they think on a plat level at least. Why zerg doesent like the NP nerf so much agasint protoss is because they dont like corruptors against colossus, so they want the easy way and have infestors take that role. Terrans dosent have that choise they make vikings to counter it. Blizzard should know this

Thank you, for bringing that insight to this thread.

Wow what an answer im impressed do you agree or is it somthing else you want to say?
imbecile
Profile Joined October 2009
563 Posts
September 16 2011 13:58 GMT
#993
I don't know if Neural Parasite nerf is necessary, especially for Protoss.

Since I'm playing zerg full time now here is how the matchups work for me:

ZvT: If I get to 4 bases and tier three, which is most of the time, I win my games. My macro usually pulls it out for me.
ZvZ: I often get outmacroed and for the first 10 minutes even my trades are bad, becasue my micro sucks too, but after that my better decision making almost always wins it for me. My best matchup atm, unless I get 6 or 10 pooled I win.
ZvP: I scout exactly what he is doing, I'm ahead in economy, I make the counter, and I lose badly anyway. Yesterday I have lost a game against 2base tier2 protoss while being on 5 bases hive tech having double his worker and army supply with 15 infestors and he still walks right through my whole army and static defenses and kills main and natural and all tech before I can remax.
DarkEnergy
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands542 Posts
September 16 2011 14:00 GMT
#994
On September 16 2011 20:03 decaf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 20:00 hugman wrote:
Fungal is a lot like FF. If you get caught by it there's fuck all you can do. They're not fun mechanics and I think the game would be better without them.

I second that!
Remove FFs and fungal from the game.


i would gladly sacrifice fungal if forcefields would be removed to.
haha
Thats right stimmed marines can outrun aeroplanes.Tasteless
okrane
Profile Joined April 2010
France265 Posts
September 16 2011 14:05 GMT
#995
why does their patching scheme remind me more and more of wow patching? hmmmm...
Really disappointed with Starcraft II Zerg! :(
Xyik
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada728 Posts
September 16 2011 14:10 GMT
#996
My question is didn't they already try this? I might be wrong but I thought NP was originally 9 range in beta, then nerfed to 7, then buffed back up to 9 and now back to 7?
rdr
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden48 Posts
September 16 2011 14:10 GMT
#997
If i think about the zerg i think of corrupors being at the same lavel as vikings why not? And that they have a suicide button that you can press or maybe morphing in to a flying baneling.
Jermstuddog
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2231 Posts
September 16 2011 14:27 GMT
#998
On September 16 2011 23:10 rdr wrote:
If i think about the zerg i think of corrupors being at the same lavel as vikings why not? And that they have a suicide button that you can press or maybe morphing in to a flying baneling.


Calm down with suggestions like that, you're trying to make corruptors useful, and we can't have that now can we?
As it turns out, marines don't actually cost any money -Jinro
Jermstuddog
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2231 Posts
September 16 2011 14:27 GMT
#999
On September 16 2011 23:10 Xyik wrote:
My question is didn't they already try this? I might be wrong but I thought NP was originally 9 range in beta, then nerfed to 7, then buffed back up to 9 and now back to 7?


NP is the new bunker!
As it turns out, marines don't actually cost any money -Jinro
The KY
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom6252 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 14:32:50
September 16 2011 14:30 GMT
#1000
Ha. Fucking called it, knew the original NP change would never make it out of PTR.

EDIT: And btw people should remember that it's a PTR for a reason, it's a test region to test changes...by deciding not to implement it they aren't flip flopping or anything, they are using the PTR for its intended purpose.
Prev 1 48 49 50 51 52 59 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 239
Nina 119
SteadfastSC 111
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2402
910 61
Bale 13
Super Smash Bros
PPMD52
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1087
Other Games
summit1g6676
Grubby2314
shahzam584
C9.Mang0189
UpATreeSC55
Liquid`Ken1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 73
• Hupsaiya 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 36
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21063
League of Legends
• TFBlade599
Other Games
• imaqtpie951
• Shiphtur286
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 43m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 43m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.