• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:45
CEST 12:45
KST 19:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7552 users

Good Manner on Ladder - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 36 Next All
KazmA
Profile Joined August 2011
United States117 Posts
August 17 2011 10:53 GMT
#141
Do you good manner every game or just the games that you feel like your opponent deserves the good manner?
"I intend to live forever, or die trying"- Groucho Marks
Isualin
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany1903 Posts
August 17 2011 10:56 GMT
#142
i only gg after games longer than 5 minutes. if i lose to a cannon rush or 6pool i usually lift my CC, hide it and watch streams
| INnoVation | The literal god TY | ByuNjwa | LRSL when? |
OhYess
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada41 Posts
August 17 2011 10:58 GMT
#143
If I win against a player, I give them tips on how they can improve their build/timing :D

And if I lose I usually just say "gg" which seems adequate. Sometimes I add a little "" if I'm feeling super nice. :D
DusTerr
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
2520 Posts
August 17 2011 10:59 GMT
#144
personally, I "GG" every time before I leave. I played a lot of team sports growing up, and after EVERY game, you'd slap hands and say "good game" (regardless of how the game played out).

I don't usually add a "wp" or additional comment like the OP (I feel some things like that can be taken offensively - thanks trolls...)
Flowjo
Profile Joined March 2011
United States928 Posts
August 17 2011 11:00 GMT
#145
On August 17 2011 19:10 The Iron Duke wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 18:54 Horseballs wrote:
On August 17 2011 18:50 The Iron Duke wrote:
I see near the start of the thread people saying how players done gg much anymore. I see that as a good thing a gg means good game it should be said after a good game not after a bad one, if you think it was bad then dont gg, just leave or what ever you feel like doing.


No, it doesn't. GG is a sign of sportsmanship, not a declaration of your opinion of how the game went.

no...GG stands for good game...google it...i am sure it will come up, and guess what those words should mean what they say..if not its just silly

good sportsmanship it saying hf gl, anything past that is not needed, thats just a fact.

Its just silly to think some one should say good game if you they got rushed, they are annoyed about it and didnt have any fun and feel it just wasnt good. If you go in to a game hoping for a nice maco game and you get it then its good, if you want a 2 bases scrap and you get its good, if you dont get what you want then to you its not good so no need to say good game.


so you basically never gg
IMNestea's biggest fan.
Voltaire
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1485 Posts
August 17 2011 11:01 GMT
#146
I've had someone compliment me and ask me for advice and then swear at me when I didn't reply. (I immediately queued and entered another match though)

As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit atrocities.
KazmA
Profile Joined August 2011
United States117 Posts
August 17 2011 11:03 GMT
#147
On August 17 2011 19:58 OhYess wrote:
If I win against a player, I give them tips on how they can improve their build/timing :D

And if I lose I usually just say "gg" which seems adequate. Sometimes I add a little "" if I'm feeling super nice. :D

Why would you give someone tips if you beat them on ladder? Doesn't that just piss people off? Maybe its just me but whenever people do stuff like that to me on ladder it just kind of makes me more frustrated.
"I intend to live forever, or die trying"- Groucho Marks
ProxyKnoxy
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2576 Posts
August 17 2011 11:04 GMT
#148
I'm really bad with manner on the ladder I'm like a different person when I'm playing Starcraft heh Even if it's a straight up macro game and I lose I often don't gg unless I believe he completely outplayed me, and most of the time in that situation I just say wp. Most of the time it's just me being stupid that makes me lose so I just get pissed and don't gg I don't rage as is the common assumption with people who don't gg, I'm just annoyed at myself.

It is something I should work on though
"Zealot try give mariners high five. Mariners not like high five and try hide and shoot zealot"
ProxiFruit
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia27 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-17 11:06:38
August 17 2011 11:06 GMT
#149
All those screen shots look like they were set up >.>
Ladder people arent that mannered
Pew!
Moxi
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
708 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-17 11:09:24
August 17 2011 11:07 GMT
#150
On August 17 2011 12:00 Billd wrote:
This is so mannered that some people might find it sarcastic! I say this because whenever I get cheesed I say "gg wp" and never mean it


haha yeah, thought the same. I also go with gg wp on cheese, so fun. Want them to feel sorry for me!



I get so happy when someone says "ggwp" it is so nice to hear, hopefully more people will visit your thread and see what can be written. Most of my games ends with "<player> left the game!" or just some excuse why they didn't win.
Tuczniak
Profile Joined September 2010
1561 Posts
August 17 2011 11:15 GMT
#151
Yesterday i had bad losing streak. I was unhappy that i couldn't give gg to everyone. At least i gave it to some very good macro games. *sigh* I need to work on that.
The Iron Duke
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom41 Posts
August 17 2011 11:21 GMT
#152
On August 17 2011 19:33 Horseballs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 19:10 The Iron Duke wrote:
On August 17 2011 18:54 Horseballs wrote:
On August 17 2011 18:50 The Iron Duke wrote:
I see near the start of the thread people saying how players done gg much anymore. I see that as a good thing a gg means good game it should be said after a good game not after a bad one, if you think it was bad then dont gg, just leave or what ever you feel like doing.


No, it doesn't. GG is a sign of sportsmanship, not a declaration of your opinion of how the game went.

no...GG stands for good game...google it...i am sure it will come up, and guess what those words should mean what they say..if not its just silly



Yes, technically the "gg" stands for "good game" but the sentiment isn't descriptive by any means, and to think so is just foolish


Well i think good sportsmanship is shown by good manner and like i said before it is shown at the start of the game.
I think its folly to assume, that gg should not be something that describes the game main when said after it is over.
The fact people take gg and put this assumption on it i see as so very silly, simply because this is just how some(and obv i have no way of knowing the %) view it as a sportsmanship and to not put it is bad manner. assuming something and then applying it so general is just not correct which obv not every one agree's on.
Also a lot of this reply goes towards the others who replied to my post. taking something as idiom when not every one feels the same way just isn't correct.

(sorry for any bad spelling or grammer, my dyselxcia gets the best of me >.< )
The Intensity
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom66 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-17 11:31:26
August 17 2011 11:31 GMT
#153
Loving how the last picture was a Geiko 3 rax. love it.
COCA!
kvmetternich
Profile Joined April 2011
Italy35 Posts
August 17 2011 11:47 GMT
#154
I think the problem of BM is due to the fact that the game has some point where you can win without skil, when randomness takes a major part on the reasons of the win than the decision making or "strategy".

For example: PvZ. It's hard to be good mannered when a zerg go for a 6 pool on tal darim when your probe can't found immediatly the enemy base and run blindy around the map when zerglings are inside your main.
after that i think : "ok ,i've lost....but this is not my fault, but randomness." Ok, after 5/6 loses like that i think rage can be justified! or not? :D
Dandy_Moustachu
Profile Joined July 2010
France422 Posts
August 17 2011 11:48 GMT
#155
I try to always be mannered
Almways begin the game with "hi gl hf" (after making a drone and send my recolter to minerals ans my overlord to scoot :D, i'm not this mannered :p)

And i almost always GG at the end unless i'm angry at myself for making some dumb mistake
(lie when i forgot to make sporecrawler against an obviously dark templar incoming :D)

And i often add a nice word after the GG about what i did wrong or what my opponent did well.

Pif Paf Pouf
Penke
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden346 Posts
August 17 2011 11:52 GMT
#156
On August 17 2011 20:00 Flowjo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 19:10 The Iron Duke wrote:
On August 17 2011 18:54 Horseballs wrote:
On August 17 2011 18:50 The Iron Duke wrote:
I see near the start of the thread people saying how players done gg much anymore. I see that as a good thing a gg means good game it should be said after a good game not after a bad one, if you think it was bad then dont gg, just leave or what ever you feel like doing.


No, it doesn't. GG is a sign of sportsmanship, not a declaration of your opinion of how the game went.

no...GG stands for good game...google it...i am sure it will come up, and guess what those words should mean what they say..if not its just silly

good sportsmanship it saying hf gl, anything past that is not needed, thats just a fact.

Its just silly to think some one should say good game if you they got rushed, they are annoyed about it and didnt have any fun and feel it just wasnt good. If you go in to a game hoping for a nice maco game and you get it then its good, if you want a 2 bases scrap and you get its good, if you dont get what you want then to you its not good so no need to say good game.


so you basically never gg


I completely understand what you mean, Iron Duke, but I think GG or good game actually originates from ordinary sports such as football or the like. I've played football for quite a while and no matter if you think the other team played very bad, was very lucky, did not show good sportsmanship or if the game was overall bad, you always shake hands after the game and say good game. This has nothing at all to do with how you actually feel aboutthe game or the other team, it's jst a traditional way to show good sportsmanship and respect for the other team.
zhurai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States5660 Posts
August 17 2011 11:55 GMT
#157
=____= 2rax marine+scv all-in makes me want to rage sometimes....' sure I can be gm about like mid-late game pushes, but.... that cheese..............................
Twitter: @zhurai | Site: http://zhurai.com
Penke
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden346 Posts
August 17 2011 12:00 GMT
#158
On August 17 2011 19:46 sevia wrote:
I don't really see much point in going through all the motions on ladder. In a tournament game it's good to have some respect for your opponent and the tournament, especially if it's offline, but ladder is basically just mindless practice.

Most games that I play go from start to finish with nothing said at all, and it's kind of nice. The only time I ever bother saying something is if they use some really interesting build or timing, I'll ask them what they did and maybe some advice on stopping it. I gladly help someone else out if they have a question for me too.

Complimenting your opponent and being excessively manner is nice, but it's only ladder.


I respect your opinion, but the ladder is not mindless practice for everyone. A lot of people still thinks the ladder as scary place where you meet actual real opponents, and even though you might not feel this way it might be welcoming for your opponent to recieve some sort of good sportsmaship in the game. All in all, I see no reason to just say gg, when leaving. It basically takes a millisecond and both youand your opponent will feel a little happier afterwards
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
August 17 2011 12:01 GMT
#159
I try really hard to do a "gg <3" at the end of every match, but there are days when it's pretty tough. I sneak a probe past the first marine to scout double rax, fast expand into 3 gate, delay and pick off marines with stalkers, drop perfect forcefields, clean up the attack, and it's "omfg you so lucky fukin no talent n00b" -> leave.

Much, much respect to the OP - maybe this thread can become the antidote to the horrible "strange/confusing BM" thread. I'll strive to live up to your example.
The frumious Bandersnatch
FinnGamer
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany2426 Posts
August 17 2011 12:02 GMT
#160
On August 17 2011 20:52 Penke wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 20:00 Flowjo wrote:
On August 17 2011 19:10 The Iron Duke wrote:
On August 17 2011 18:54 Horseballs wrote:
On August 17 2011 18:50 The Iron Duke wrote:
I see near the start of the thread people saying how players done gg much anymore. I see that as a good thing a gg means good game it should be said after a good game not after a bad one, if you think it was bad then dont gg, just leave or what ever you feel like doing.


No, it doesn't. GG is a sign of sportsmanship, not a declaration of your opinion of how the game went.

no...GG stands for good game...google it...i am sure it will come up, and guess what those words should mean what they say..if not its just silly

good sportsmanship it saying hf gl, anything past that is not needed, thats just a fact.

Its just silly to think some one should say good game if you they got rushed, they are annoyed about it and didnt have any fun and feel it just wasnt good. If you go in to a game hoping for a nice maco game and you get it then its good, if you want a 2 bases scrap and you get its good, if you dont get what you want then to you its not good so no need to say good game.


so you basically never gg


I completely understand what you mean, Iron Duke, but I think GG or good game actually originates from ordinary sports such as football or the like. I've played football for quite a while and no matter if you think the other team played very bad, was very lucky, did not show good sportsmanship or if the game was overall bad, you always shake hands after the game and say good game. This has nothing at all to do with how you actually feel aboutthe game or the other team, it's jst a traditional way to show good sportsmanship and respect for the other team.

It's like shaking Hands after a Chess match, doesn't matter if you lost because of dumb mistake or something else, it's just a gesture to your enemy
"hopefully swing the favor in your advantage." - Day[9]
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs AzuraLIVE!
herO vs HackErIsTopLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings103
CranKy Ducklings SOOP47
SHIN 45
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 262
ByuN 229
mouzHeroMarine 121
SHIN 45
MindelVK 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41052
Calm 9896
Rain 2834
soO 898
BeSt 698
FanTaSy 649
Bisu 438
Stork 399
Soulkey 357
Soma 299
[ Show more ]
Rush 244
firebathero 228
Last 106
Barracks 100
Pusan 74
Mind 70
Light 66
Shinee 48
ToSsGirL 47
Sexy 47
Snow 34
Sharp 32
Killer 31
hero 22
Sacsri 22
Terrorterran 22
HiyA 21
sorry 18
Shine 17
Hm[arnc] 16
Trap 16
yabsab 16
zelot 15
Noble 7
Mong 5
scan(afreeca) 5
Dota 2
Gorgc6268
League of Legends
Reynor50
Counter-Strike
byalli650
x6flipin47
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King114
Other Games
gofns44849
singsing1836
Pyrionflax231
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV227
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 69
• Dystopia_ 2
• Gemini_19 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV376
League of Legends
• Jankos3239
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 15m
OSC
12h 15m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.