• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:48
CEST 11:48
KST 18:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7667 users

Good Manner on Ladder - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 36 Next All
Loodah
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
335 Posts
August 17 2011 08:21 GMT
#101
This made my day. I'm approaching ladder with a really bad attitude (and I'm gonna work to fix that). Although I always GG, I am always fuming after a loss - I will try to complement my opponents more often and that will probably help me look over replays without being so angry.

What a fantastic post. This made my day. Thank you!
Disquiet
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia628 Posts
August 17 2011 08:26 GMT
#102
On August 17 2011 11:45 Odyssey wrote:
I always gg out of games haha. I don't understand why the bm has gotten so popular. Children these days!

Maybe they think they can get some sort of advantage out of making their opponent angry?

Personally I think trying to type and play hurts me more than any advantage I could get from an angry opponent. I actually kind of like it when people hurl insults at me, it doesn't bother me and chances are they are going to miss a supply depo or something because of it Often I will even egg them on by typing "lol", or something similar, minimum effort on my part and they keep typing and hopefully playing worse for it.
iMp.will.
Profile Joined July 2009
Bulgaria441 Posts
August 17 2011 08:27 GMT
#103
I never GG and always BM.

You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Kultfrisur
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany41 Posts
August 17 2011 08:37 GMT
#104
If my opponent complimented me i would be pissed...
The biggest satisfaction on the ladder is your opponent BMing and screaming imba.
XiGua
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden3085 Posts
August 17 2011 09:06 GMT
#105
Does writing only "gg" count as good mannered? :D
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) APM, Why u make me spam?
DrManhattan11
Profile Joined April 2011
Switzerland79 Posts
August 17 2011 09:10 GMT
#106
On August 17 2011 11:41 Xation wrote:
You are doing a good thing, sir. I shall also attempt to compliment the cheeses that get thrown at me . But in all seriousness, this is what ladder needs.. It's so bm atm.


this commuity got sooo bm!! I wonder where the community went which Day[9] is allways talking about ... "the wunderfull and nice community" ..what where Mr Dayj ? o.O
I should thank you, I'd almost forgotten the excitement of not knowing. The delights of uncertainty.I should thank you, I'd almost forgotten the excitement of not knowing. The delights of uncertainty.
Cosmos
Profile Joined March 2010
Belgium1077 Posts
August 17 2011 09:18 GMT
#107
I always say gg but when the opponent really outclassed me (it happens like 1 out of 30 games on ladder) I add the "wp"
http://www.twitch.tv/becosmos
Like
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany94 Posts
August 17 2011 09:18 GMT
#108
90% of my enemies don't even say GG before leaving, and i DON'T cheese...
FataLe
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand4560 Posts
August 17 2011 09:22 GMT
#109
On August 17 2011 17:27 iMp.will. wrote:
I never GG and always BM.

You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

gg Scarface

Very fitting though.
hi. big fan.
SomeONEx
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden641 Posts
August 17 2011 09:22 GMT
#110
Im always goodmannered, and most people I met (gold-plat EU) are also gm.
BW hwaiting!
Hall0wed
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States8486 Posts
August 17 2011 09:23 GMT
#111
I can't do this good manner thing when I gg because I don't lose, thus never gg.

Does that mean I have no skill? I have never lost, thus no gg. no gg = no skill, so me = no skill? hmm.

gg
♦ My Life for BESTie ♦ 류세라 = 배 ♦
BandonBanshee
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada437 Posts
August 17 2011 09:23 GMT
#112
This seems so fake haha. If I marine scv all ined someone and they said "nice timing!" id probably leave the game out of confusion.
mrjpark
Profile Joined March 2011
United States276 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-17 09:31:11
August 17 2011 09:29 GMT
#113
You know, I was half expecting the last screen to be you just completely losing it

On August 17 2011 18:23 Hall0wed wrote:
I can't do this good manner thing when I gg because I don't lose, thus never gg.

Does that mean I have no skill? I have never lost, thus no gg. no gg = no skill, so me = no skill? hmm.

gg


You could always be a gentleman and offensive gg them. "You may not have succeeded, but your strategy was most definitely of the highest accord! Huzzah!"
jjhchsc2
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)2393 Posts
August 17 2011 09:29 GMT
#114
i always gg even if its cheese.
every loss is a step to another win for me
Lee Ssang/ Lee Shin/ Kim Jung Woo/ Kim Min Chul/Jun Tae Yang/Park Soo Ho/Lee Jung Hoon/Choi Sung Hoon/ Moon Sung Won/Park Ji Soo/ Lee Ho Joon/ Jang Min Chul/ Kim Seung Chul/SaSe/IdrA/Ret Fighting! BW4Life
DisaFear
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia4074 Posts
August 17 2011 09:32 GMT
#115
On August 17 2011 18:29 jjhchsc2 wrote:
i always gg even if its cheese.
every loss is a step to another win for me


Same here (at least 95% of the time, if it is some some ridiculous cheese, I may RQ once in a while)
+1 respect to OP, keep at it
How devious | http://anartisticanswer.blogspot.com.au/
Penecks
Profile Joined August 2010
United States600 Posts
August 17 2011 09:39 GMT
#116
It's very important to gg the cheese, you can't give them the satisfaction of having you ragequit as well.
straight poppin
MeLttlPowny
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands21 Posts
August 17 2011 09:43 GMT
#117
you are on the right track baby, you were born this way
i really hope people take notes from you, as you said so much bm on the ladder, its not even funny anymore. ill take your example, ill try to never rage again!!
PeZuY
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
935 Posts
August 17 2011 09:46 GMT
#118
I will try to do the same as OP for now atleast while to see if there are any help for ragequitting:DD
Cokefreak
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland8096 Posts
August 17 2011 09:49 GMT
#119
As a mannered player I approve of this post
The Iron Duke
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom41 Posts
August 17 2011 09:50 GMT
#120
I see near the start of the thread people saying how players done gg much anymore. I see that as a good thing a gg means good game it should be said after a good game not after a bad one, if you think it was bad then dont gg, just leave or what ever you feel like doing.

For the good manner part, i see it to be good and bad , its nice to see good manner even against annoying play, shows matureness and many other things. But also i think bad mannering people mite be what can slowly getting them out of bring all the scv's to your base before the 5 min mark and get them to play more of a game then just a rush.

But lets also be honest the moment some one all in's you, you see it coming hold it of and you no you have one, just gloating a little bit to them does make you feel a little epic inside :D :D
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10354
Rain 3257
soO 430
BeSt 395
Stork 386
Soulkey 344
Soma 316
Rush 224
firebathero 216
Barracks 157
[ Show more ]
Sexy 82
Shinee 44
Killer 33
Shine 24
sorry 24
HiyA 22
Sharp 20
Sacsri 18
hero 16
yabsab 16
Hm[arnc] 15
Terrorterran 10
zelot 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5291
League of Legends
JimRising 447
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King130
Other Games
gofns34305
singsing1090
Pyrionflax197
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV192
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 3
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 51
• 3DClanTV 46
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV156
League of Legends
• Jankos2681
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12m
CranKy Ducklings5
Patches Events
5h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 12m
OSC
13h 12m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.