• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:56
CEST 20:56
KST 03:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11692 users

Good Manner on Ladder - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 34 35 36 Next All
LoKi-
Profile Joined May 2011
United States121 Posts
August 17 2011 03:40 GMT
#61
Bravo to you sir. Bravo

I'd love to see some more manner on the ladder.
See.Blue
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2673 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-17 03:41:56
August 17 2011 03:41 GMT
#62
I always gg, and if im not too annoyed with myself for losing to the 8th proxy gate, 7pool or 3rax with congo line i always try and give a nice word. Makes everyone's life easier. We're all playing this great game and god knows its a hard one to play. Anyone who likes it enough to stick around this long has points right off the bat in my book.
envisioN .
Profile Joined February 2011
United States552 Posts
August 17 2011 03:43 GMT
#63
Love the idea. This is very learn by example for everyone out there. If at all possible we should strive to be as good mannered as possible. The NA ladder is so BM right now because of people like IdrA and CombatEX who bm constantly. Hopefully this will catch on!
"Good works do not make a good man, but a good man does good works" -Martin Luther ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
August 17 2011 03:44 GMT
#64
Congrats for getting over that hump. Many players would just leave or say something insulting.
reneg
Profile Joined September 2010
United States859 Posts
August 17 2011 03:46 GMT
#65
I personally love the idea. I'm trying to force myself to not take each loss so personally, and take the extra step to be very manner, (while i've always gg'd, i've often been really frustrated at the end of games).

And i'm trying to pull away from that frustration!!
moose...indian
Iberville
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada207 Posts
August 17 2011 03:52 GMT
#66
Eh I've always gg'd except in team games (read: 3v3/4v4 are the official troll leagues of SC2), even when I was verbally abused by some players. I've seldom complimented people though. I'll give it a shot.
I promise not to make a tasteless joke.
Theovide
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden914 Posts
August 17 2011 03:53 GMT
#67
I like it, I myself also always try to be as manner as possible, though I mostly just leave with a gg, an added wp if I'm impressed and wp+more if I'm sickly impressed :p.

Anyway I must say I would be quite shocked if I meet you, because lately it seems that ALL zerg players I meet BM's me hardcore. And I play quite standard so it's not like I feel they got a huge reason to BM me (reaper expand into double medivac drop and throwing up a third cc inbase, then I just wing it with tank marine medivac :p).

My last three games vs zerg has ended in 0 ggs, one saying yawn as he finishes off the last of my forces and takes the game, another one leaving without a gg when I take out his last expo, and a third saying "YOU LOST NOOB LEAVE" when I was 30 supply behind mid game (that victory was one of my sweetest, after I had managed to turn that around with relentless dropping).
Garth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States353 Posts
August 17 2011 03:58 GMT
#68
I've been typing gg, wp (NO MATTER WHAT, even if I Get cheesed by combat ex I say gg wp which has happend like 5 times) and It drastically reduces how mad I get and how often I tilt, as a result I Can play more games in a good mental state and have more efficient practice.
Bro_Stone
Profile Joined April 2011
United States510 Posts
August 17 2011 04:02 GMT
#69
I found it especially hard to be good mannered today after losing 9 games in a row.
Stim Go Go GO!
seansye
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1722 Posts
August 17 2011 04:02 GMT
#70
On August 17 2011 12:24 Gheed wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 12:21 seansye wrote:
It's amazing how GM the koreans/korean server is. We have a a really mest up culture Lol.


Are you kidding? Go watch someone's stream when they're playing on the korean ladder. Most won't say "gggl" unless prompted, many leave without saying anything, and the most you get is a "ww" and f10n.

"GM" doesn't mean bending over backwards to reach for some stupid complement, it just means respecting your opponent and not being a dickhead.



ww = gg...

And its hell of a lot more mannered than us. From my own experience on ladder it's pretty much BM... and I don't consider not talking BM. I'm talking about straight up shit talking and complaining/whining and calling you out...
I will master Speshul Taktics.!
floatingbee
Profile Joined June 2011
Singapore61 Posts
August 17 2011 04:04 GMT
#71
I always try to be the first one who said "gl hf!", I even macroed it onto my keyboard so that I can one press and said it after i split my worker.
Jaxtyk
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States600 Posts
August 17 2011 04:04 GMT
#72
lol you would still say those phrases after losing 15 games?
To tell the truth....I could beat anyone in the world.
Dalguno
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2446 Posts
August 17 2011 04:04 GMT
#73
If anyone remembers the whole "Andy" thing, that was really a feel-good day.
"I'm gonna keep making drones cause I'm a baller, and ballers make drones." -Snute
firehand101
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3152 Posts
August 17 2011 05:35 GMT
#74
I am impressed by you, but seriously, pic 5 i would have probably raged
The opinions expressed by our users do not reflect the official position of TeamLiquid.net or its staff.
DuckS
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
August 17 2011 05:52 GMT
#75
You're weird, it doesn't make you prone to analyzing your replays. In
my moment of angst, I yell/curse at the comp while opening up the replay to see how the player won.
"You foiled us this time Americans, but your liberty will not protect your Marilyn Monroe forever - our Queen must FEED!" - Deleuze
Ares[Effort] *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
DEMACIA6550 Posts
August 17 2011 05:54 GMT
#76
This is sick man, it has inspired me to try this on the ladder. we'll see :p
Moderatorgold coin
SichuanPanda
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada1542 Posts
August 17 2011 05:55 GMT
#77
Until NA server gives up the cheese or get off the pot attitude I refuse to play another game. Master was just as boring as Diamond, and Diamond just as boring as Platinum. Russian roulette of all-in pushes.
i-bonjwa
Krosta
Profile Joined September 2010
Norway437 Posts
August 17 2011 06:03 GMT
#78
On August 17 2011 12:00 Billd wrote:
This is so mannered that some people might find it sarcastic! I say this because whenever I get cheesed I say "gg wp" and never mean it


I do the same
Fission
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada1184 Posts
August 17 2011 06:03 GMT
#79
On August 17 2011 14:55 SichuanPanda wrote:
Until NA server gives up the cheese or get off the pot attitude I refuse to play another game. Master was just as boring as Diamond, and Diamond just as boring as Platinum. Russian roulette of all-in pushes.


Until you abandon this kind of thinking you will never improve as a player.
SichuanPanda
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada1542 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-17 06:07:26
August 17 2011 06:04 GMT
#80
On August 17 2011 15:03 Fission wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 14:55 SichuanPanda wrote:
Until NA server gives up the cheese or get off the pot attitude I refuse to play another game. Master was just as boring as Diamond, and Diamond just as boring as Platinum. Russian roulette of all-in pushes.


Until you abandon this kind of thinking you will never improve as a player.


No desire to improve when I've been better than my opponents for ages. I didn't say I lose to all-ins and cheeses, I said its a boring way to play pretty simple what I said. Not sure how you could misinterpret it. I don't need to improve as a player I'm quite good enough already. I play this game for fun, and facing people who get a hard on for a win and do everything they can to get it with no shame for how little skill their build takes, or how far below 50% they have to go to get their points up is without a doubt not fun at all. Or do you think its fun to have someone A-move into your base and if you don't have a 200+ APM defense and a perfect force field (I play Protoss) you instantly lose? I guess you must.
i-bonjwa
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 34 35 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1198
TKL 434
IndyStarCraft 301
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1198
ByuN 490
TKL 434
IndyStarCraft 301
Reynor 250
EmSc Tv 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27455
Calm 2463
Shuttle 367
Mini 169
White-Ra 152
firebathero 91
Mong 56
scan(afreeca) 27
soO 13
ZZZero.O 13
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc10121
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps12
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3746
Liquid`Hasu512
MindelVK7
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2365
fl0m2038
summit1g1727
FrodaN1476
B2W.Neo754
olofmeister741
Khaldor443
Beastyqt332
Livibee182
crisheroes177
Mew2King66
ToD50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick486
BasetradeTV185
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 16
EmSc2Tv 16
angryscii 14
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 31
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach59
• blackmanpl 25
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• 80smullet 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV581
Other Games
• imaqtpie999
• Shiphtur683
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
4m
BSL Open Qualifier
4m
OSC
4h 4m
Replay Cast
4h 4m
OSC
17h 4m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.