• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:04
CEST 11:04
KST 18:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7027 users

Good Manner on Ladder - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 34 35 36 Next All
UmiNotsuki
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States633 Posts
August 17 2011 06:08 GMT
#81
I'm absolutely gonna give this a shot I always find that I play better when I treat the game like a friendly competition rather than as a war (opponent, rather than enemy,) and this seems like a great way to remind myself of that and keep it positive Definitely gonna try it and hope it helps!

We should all remember this post, if it turns into anything big, as the start of good mannered and friendly players en masse in StarCraft 2
UmiNotsuki.111 (NA), UNTReborn.932 (EU), UmiNotsuki (iCCup) -- You see that text I wrote above this? I'll betcha $5 that you disagree :D
Termit
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden3466 Posts
August 17 2011 06:10 GMT
#82
Lol if someone would be like this against me I would think he was being sarcastic. ;/
( ̄。 ̄)~zzz ◕ ◡ ◕
Jayrod
Profile Joined August 2010
1820 Posts
August 17 2011 06:22 GMT
#83
Ive always kind of done what you do in games where I enjoyed myself and got outplayed. Other than that I usually say nothing and just leave the games. Some of those things can be taken as sarcasm if you arent careful about it though
TortoiseCa
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada104 Posts
August 17 2011 06:34 GMT
#84
Yeah, having meaningful conversations during/after games makes it much more enjoyable. Usually I'll ask a question after a game and get some conversation/insight into what I did wrong, it usually saves me from having to watch the replay and also get some good ideas.
XRaDiiX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1730 Posts
August 17 2011 07:31 GMT
#85
I never GG
Never GG MKP | IdrA
julianto
Profile Joined December 2010
2292 Posts
August 17 2011 07:37 GMT
#86
On August 17 2011 15:10 Termit wrote:
Lol if someone would be like this against me I would think he was being sarcastic. ;/

Yes, I've come to the point where I perceive any pattern of words resembling a praise as sarcasm.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Skyu
Profile Joined December 2009
United States33 Posts
August 17 2011 07:42 GMT
#87
I 'gg' in all of my games whether it was a cheese or it was a macro game. Sure I'll be angry and frustrated but I at least give the courtesy of giving them a e-handshake. Plus for some reason I have that same problem Artosis mentioned in one of his youtube videos stating that when he gets angry, it won't stop him from playing it actually makes him want to play more so I get angry but I'm glad I do cause it makes me play more.

If you want to think of it in a better way, what would you do after a long game of chess in person? Say "YOU NOOB!! YOU CHEESING NOOB!! CAN'T BEAT ANYONE UNLESS YOU CHEESE" or "ALL IN FAG!!" or some crap like that. Normally you would just give them a handshake and a 'good game' but since you can't really give someone a hand shake through the interwebs, 'gg' is there for that.
Boom Boom Rocket
dmillz
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada270 Posts
August 17 2011 07:59 GMT
#88
I always GG, no matter how I lose. Hell an hour ago I lost to a ridiculous mass banshee all-in I saw coming but didn't get enough spores up, so I complimented him and gg'd. No reason getting mad!
Eknoid4
Profile Joined October 2010
United States902 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-17 08:07:16
August 17 2011 08:06 GMT
#89
I would never compliment my opponent on the ladder because ultimately in platinum we're both terrible at this game and nothing we did was commendable.
If you're mad that someone else is brazenly trumpeting their beliefs with ignorance, perhaps you should be mad that you are doing it too.
sluggaslamoo
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Australia4494 Posts
August 17 2011 08:08 GMT
#90
On August 17 2011 11:52 DFDream wrote:
The only people who are ever mannered to me are on the Korean server T.T


Haha reminds me of vsing koreans on ICCUP. They would always say gg, followed by bm in korean.
Come play Android Netrunner - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409008
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
August 17 2011 08:08 GMT
#91
I call bs on someone saying gg nice timing to a marine scv all in.
igLeX
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada140 Posts
August 17 2011 08:10 GMT
#92
I appreciate what you're doing man it's a great thing! I think it might be wise to just type something more simple like "gg wp" because as I look through your screenshots I think to myself that if somebody said that to me in a game I could only see them being sarcastic T_T
Xpace
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2209 Posts
August 17 2011 08:13 GMT
#93
On August 17 2011 11:42 Sarang wrote:
Haha I'd like to play against you, I haven't even gotten a 'gg' in all the games I've played lately. >.>

I'd just be careful of how you word your good manner. Some people could take "well executed rush" to have a hint of bitterness to it.

Of course if you mean well though, it doesn't matter if they interpret you the wrong way.

Personally though, I just say 'gg wp' if I feel my opponent played particularly well. Seeing as hardly anyone even says 'gg' anymore, 'gg wp' seems like the pinnacle of manner by comparison.


Goes to show how BM the ladder is - that when someone says something as a compliment, we immediately feel like they're undermining us through sarcasm.

You're good at making carriers, nice skill toi have.
Disquiet
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia628 Posts
August 17 2011 08:13 GMT
#94
I GG everygame no matter how I lose, be it a 6 pool or a long macro game. Well sometimes I have forgotten but its never out of rage. No matter how my opponent beats me, he won, he deserves the GG. I feel thats all thats necessary, its like shaking a hand after a match for sports. If its just an ordinary game complimenting him feels like being a lickspittle so unless he does something really amazing I want to talk about I don't do it.
EnOmy
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia183 Posts
August 17 2011 08:15 GMT
#95
Man, imagine if the ladder was actually like this. That would be sweet. Not enough good manner floating around these days. Of course don't GM then if they don't deserve it, the same should be said for BM. It'd just be nice to see the balance of manner tip into GM's favour.
GG WP //// 24yo.M
Blackk
Profile Joined November 2010
South Africa226 Posts
August 17 2011 08:16 GMT
#96
I just hate it when people call me "sir"
hah.
Deleted User 101379
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
4849 Posts
August 17 2011 08:17 GMT
#97
On August 17 2011 15:10 Termit wrote:
Lol if someone would be like this against me I would think he was being sarcastic. ;/


This.

If someone does a marine/SCV all-in, it has nothing to do with timing or the person playing exceptionally good. The only time it's a "nice timing" is when the marines and SCVs arrive just before the banelingnest is finished, otherwise (and probably even then) it's just "i had bad scouting".

I always gg, but i see no reason to compliment someone on something where i myself actually screwed up... and 90% of the losses are actually your own fault, not the opponent outplaying you (unless maybe you are top10 grandmasters).

It's a nice initiative to be more well mannered, but i don't think it's the right way to do this.
Disquiet
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia628 Posts
August 17 2011 08:20 GMT
#98
On August 17 2011 17:16 Blackk wrote:
I just hate it when people call me "sir"

Why? Its a sign of respect/manners. Although people can be silly with it on the internet I can't think of it ever being used in a bad sense.
sleepingdog
Profile Joined August 2008
Austria6145 Posts
August 17 2011 08:20 GMT
#99
On August 17 2011 15:10 Termit wrote:
Lol if someone would be like this against me I would think he was being sarcastic. ;/


rofl this

It's actually my way of "raging" after a loss against a cheese/one-base-all-in...I always compliment them on their crisply timed, perfectly executed, well-microed push.
"You see....YOU SEE..." © 2010 Sen
denzelz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States604 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-17 08:21:08
August 17 2011 08:21 GMT
#100
When I type in gg wp, I find that it makes me rage much less because I feel like I'm recognizing my opponent's skills, and that defuses the frustration a little.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 34 35 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4072
Leta 2770
Soulkey 559
Soma 338
Rush 221
Barracks 183
BeSt 127
Killer 81
Shinee 33
Shine 32
[ Show more ]
Hm[arnc] 24
Sharp 19
sorry 9
Terrorterran 0
Dota 2
Gorgc1999
XcaliburYe174
League of Legends
JimRising 512
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King70
Other Games
gofns10483
WinterStarcraft732
Sick184
Pyrionflax145
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV209
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 52
• Sammyuel 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2253
League of Legends
• Jankos2748
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
56m
Patches Events
5h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 56m
OSC
13h 56m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.