• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:27
CEST 14:27
KST 21:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6965 users

Good Manner on Ladder - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 34 35 36 Next All
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
August 17 2011 03:13 GMT
#41
It's a nice idea but as mentioned, some of those seem really forced to me. I dunno, I usually gg most games unless I got BM'd and if I feel like my opponent really outplayed me, etc.... I'll gg wp them
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Slakter
Profile Joined January 2010
Sweden1947 Posts
August 17 2011 03:14 GMT
#42
I BMd the fuck out of people who do something silly before, then afterwards I realised it´s just a waste of time. However I GM people I truly think outplayed me a lot and if I win a game that I feel like I didnt deserve I often times give a tip to the other guy after the game is over so he/she wont lose to my bullshit again.
Protoss, can't live with em', can't kill em'.
KingDime
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada750 Posts
August 17 2011 03:15 GMT
#43
Gave ostijoy a heads up yesterday that he played well through the na invitational and gl in future tourneys.

I really had to push myself to gg him as I got 6 pooled in this same game.

Honestly, gg wp is just fine. And it's usually intended for ppl who beat me outright when i've played a solid game myself. If I ever want to mention something about the persons build I always do it after the game in chat.
Doom Guy
corpsepose
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1678 Posts
August 17 2011 03:15 GMT
#44
i'm trying to ggwp or ggyo every game this season... doing quite well so far
http://www.twitch.tv/corpsep0se
TheRageKage12
Profile Joined November 2010
United States161 Posts
August 17 2011 03:17 GMT
#45
On August 17 2011 12:13 BigFan wrote:
It's a nice idea but as mentioned, some of those seem really forced to me. I dunno, I usually gg most games unless I got BM'd and if I feel like my opponent really outplayed me, etc.... I'll gg wp them


Could you elaborate more on why you think it is forced? I make sure to figure out something they really did well and then complement that rather than just throwing out generic nice words.

I suppose if I really can't find something they did well and it was just me doing terrible terribly, I'd just say gg and leave.
liam33
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada192 Posts
August 17 2011 03:18 GMT
#46
i think all good manner is sarcasm on the ladder
Benga
Profile Joined October 2010
Korea (South)471 Posts
August 17 2011 03:19 GMT
#47
I hope Idra starts doing theses rather than "fuck off"
hi
ronpaul012
Profile Joined March 2011
United States769 Posts
August 17 2011 03:20 GMT
#48
Actually, I kind of hate this idea. GG'ing in a serious game, or if you get greedy and your opponent makes you pay is one thing. But if you all-in, which it looks like you do, you don't deserve a gg. I wouldn't say bm is proper, but you did something that 2 year old could do properly if done enough times. That doesn't mean its a good game, only that you rolled the dice and got lucky.
I'm a gooner.
Warpath
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1242 Posts
August 17 2011 03:20 GMT
#49
haha i would not be able to do it like you do. it seems too forced/could be received as sarcasm IMO

when i want to compliment a player i just type something in that seems rage-y but with a compliment.

"fuck your drops dude;;"
"hate it when protoss knows how to dodge my emps -_-"

and putting 'wp' usually means that it was sincere, i hope people don't drive it to the point where its as much a formality as 'gg'
seansye
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1722 Posts
August 17 2011 03:21 GMT
#50
It's amazing how GM the koreans/korean server is. We have a a really mest up culture Lol.
I will master Speshul Taktics.!
Weebem-Na
Profile Joined May 2010
United States221 Posts
August 17 2011 03:21 GMT
#51
In retail, employees are often overly nice to problem customers as it is the only way they can vent frustration without getting canned.

This isn't related to your manner plan but some people will mistake your kindness for sneaky meanness.

My only suggestion would be to feel free to tell your opponent where you went wrong (if in fact you did) so they don't get too comfortable with their play. Manner in the end is a way for us to interact that allows for maximal mutual improvement.
The reaction of boron-11 and plain hydrogen produces all its energy in the form of charged particles which can be directed by a magnetic field, but the reaction is very difficult to sustain and many fusion physicists doubt it will ever prove practical
TheRageKage12
Profile Joined November 2010
United States161 Posts
August 17 2011 03:22 GMT
#52
On August 17 2011 12:20 ronpaul012 wrote:
Actually, I kind of hate this idea. GG'ing in a serious game, or if you get greedy and your opponent makes you pay is one thing. But if you all-in, which it looks like you do, you don't deserve a gg. I wouldn't say bm is proper, but you did something that 2 year old could do properly if done enough times. That doesn't mean its a good game, only that you rolled the dice and got lucky.


I don't think I all-in'd in any of these games. I GOT all-in'd though.

The only one I can think of is that ZvZ where I get my natural sniped and send all my crap at the guy. I didn't see any other option after that, however, seeing as I'd just lost my nat, he had his, and I'd just killed quite a few of his roaches (so our army differentials were as close as they were going to get).
TedJustice
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1324 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-17 03:23:52
August 17 2011 03:23 GMT
#53
When someone drops me and kills half my base, I usually say something like "nice drop" during the game.
imPERSONater
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1324 Posts
August 17 2011 03:23 GMT
#54
lol, it just looks sarcastic to me, but if it works for you then more power to you!
Fan of: IdrA, Sen, Stephano, Snute, Axlav, Hero
rave[wcr]
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1166 Posts
August 17 2011 03:24 GMT
#55
this is great. more people should do this haha!
Gheed
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States972 Posts
August 17 2011 03:24 GMT
#56
On August 17 2011 12:21 seansye wrote:
It's amazing how GM the koreans/korean server is. We have a a really mest up culture Lol.


Are you kidding? Go watch someone's stream when they're playing on the korean ladder. Most won't say "gggl" unless prompted, many leave without saying anything, and the most you get is a "ww" and f10n.

"GM" doesn't mean bending over backwards to reach for some stupid complement, it just means respecting your opponent and not being a dickhead.
OnFiRe888
Profile Joined October 2010
United States629 Posts
August 17 2011 03:25 GMT
#57
i find it when i get 6 pooled, it's hard enough for me to even type in "gg" rather than good mannar
"Life isn't measured by the breaths you take, but by skill in Starcraft"
jinorazi
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)4948 Posts
August 17 2011 03:35 GMT
#58
Well done dude!

I dont bm but at the sametime i dont type gg. Laziness i guess lol

F10 n comes naturally before enter gg. XD
age: 84 | location: california | sex: 잘함
Itzeddiieee
Profile Joined May 2010
Korea (South)787 Posts
August 17 2011 03:36 GMT
#59
Dude, he marine/scv rushed you. You must have balls of steel
phiinix
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1169 Posts
August 17 2011 03:39 GMT
#60
On August 17 2011 12:20 Warpath wrote:
haha i would not be able to do it like you do. it seems too forced/could be received as sarcasm IMO

when i want to compliment a player i just type something in that seems rage-y but with a compliment.

"fuck your drops dude;;"
"hate it when protoss knows how to dodge my emps -_-"

and putting 'wp' usually means that it was sincere, i hope people don't drive it to the point where its as much a formality as 'gg'



I love this idea. Since it's the internet you never know if someone is being serious or sarcastic in their "complements"

I will occasionally say a thing or 2 more than ggwp to an opponent if i lose if they start the game with a gl hf or something of the sort. I never understood why you wouldn't say glhf. People think that it's not necessary, which is true, but so is A LOT of things we say. "good luck on your test" "bless you" Have you ever said thanks to a service man/woman? I'm talkin any service, the cashier at any friggin place. It's their job to give you something, whether it be food or a ticket, why do you need to thank them? Because it's friggin mannered mannn. Why can't the ladder be like that. - -
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 34 35 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings217
SHIN 151
CranKy Ducklings SOOP49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 365
ByuN 315
SHIN 151
Railgan 55
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 69705
Calm 11056
Rain 2471
Bisu 1537
FanTaSy 847
soO 537
Shuttle 510
Stork 503
Rush 263
Soma 240
[ Show more ]
Snow 203
firebathero 196
Last 170
Light 111
Mind 96
Pusan 75
Sea.KH 61
ToSsGirL 50
Sharp 46
hero 41
Killer 40
Free 37
Bale 37
sorry 34
Trap 34
Mong 32
Aegong 30
Hm[arnc] 27
zelot 21
yabsab 17
Sacsri 13
Shine 13
Sexy 13
HiyA 12
Noble 12
IntoTheRainbow 10
scan(afreeca) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8614
Dendi493
Counter-Strike
fl0m1496
byalli706
x6flipin675
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King96
Other Games
gofns31874
singsing2216
B2W.Neo525
Pyrionflax251
ToD152
Trikslyr27
Chillindude11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV253
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 84
• Gemini_19 14
• Dystopia_ 3
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV506
League of Legends
• Jankos3106
• Nemesis990
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1226
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 34m
OSC
10h 34m
Replay Cast
10h 34m
OSC
23h 34m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.