• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:28
CEST 14:28
KST 21:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6930 users

Good Manner on Ladder - Page 35

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 Next All
Cassel_Castle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States820 Posts
April 06 2012 05:08 GMT
#681
The only chat I hate is when people say "u2" so I never say "glhf" first. Don't really have any other pet peeves tbh.
IPlaySC
Profile Joined June 2010
United States79 Posts
April 06 2012 05:25 GMT
#682
I glhf every game and gg when I lose, and I haven't gotten any sort of BM in a very long time. I am still silver/gold though and I assume that has something to so with it
DashedHopes
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada414 Posts
April 06 2012 05:29 GMT
#683
I always try my best to say gl hf and gg wp at the end, but sometimes my anger controls me, if only i was as good manner as you good job :D
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
April 06 2012 05:44 GMT
#684
I have serious ladder rage problems, so one day I just decided to be cool with it and congratulate everybody on their victory. I called it "Sheth Day." I do it every time it is Sheth's birthday.

Honest to god, it feels soooo much better than raging. It also expels my ladder fear!
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
skatblast
Profile Joined September 2011
United States784 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-06 07:09:06
April 06 2012 07:08 GMT
#685
Good manner is essential, if anything do it because its not nice to be mean!!!!!
Baozer
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden159 Posts
April 06 2012 07:15 GMT
#686
I always start my games with "hf" and and them with either "well played" or "gg wp"
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
April 06 2012 07:20 GMT
#687
On April 06 2012 14:44 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
I have serious ladder rage problems, so one day I just decided to be cool with it and congratulate everybody on their victory. I called it "Sheth Day." I do it every time it is Sheth's birthday.

Honest to god, it feels soooo much better than raging. It also expels my ladder fear!

If you dig it so much, have you considered being mannered more than one day a year?
Trufflez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia174 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-06 07:41:30
April 06 2012 07:40 GMT
#688
Almost all of these seem sarcastic. Also. I doubt that even one person who has posted by lording their Good manner is clean of rage. Don't act like you're better than the people who aren't good mannered to take screenshots
The winnings in life go to the people who show up.
Suikakuju
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany238 Posts
April 06 2012 07:54 GMT
#689
On April 06 2012 16:15 Baozer wrote:
I always start my games with "hf" and and them with either "well played" or "gg wp"



Only "hf" kinda has a negative taste in my oppinion
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Entteri
Profile Joined August 2011
Finland108 Posts
April 06 2012 08:22 GMT
#690
I am totally happy if someone ggs before he leaves and maybe throws in a wp if the game was actually any good. Saying something nice in the end of a game seems really sarcastic most of the time and shouldn't be used unless the game was really great and you have something good to say. However that is not the case in most ladder games.
Cassel_Castle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States820 Posts
April 06 2012 08:37 GMT
#691
On April 06 2012 16:54 Suikakuju wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2012 16:15 Baozer wrote:
I always start my games with "hf" and and them with either "well played" or "gg wp"



Only "hf" kinda has a negative taste in my oppinion


Thorzain does it all the time, then again he also spams GG with mules so I wouldn't say he's the most mannered player out there.
Bellazuk
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada146 Posts
April 06 2012 10:02 GMT
#692
Is it good mannered players festival ? When I play against one guy and hes a one man build type of guy, I'm not amazed by how well he played, I'm just amazed on how long he spent time refining his only build instead of training, oh yeah, cheese require less skills and requires less effort. That make sense. I gg out, but I wont throw a stupid wp.
“The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”
VoO
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany278 Posts
April 06 2012 11:31 GMT
#693
I'm quite friendly towards Terran and Zerg players who win by skill but I will not ever say a "wp" towards an all-inning Protoss.
♥ 김택용 ♥Casual Dwarf Fortress Progamer
frontliner2
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Netherlands844 Posts
April 06 2012 11:35 GMT
#694
I always GG even if someone cheeses me or bad manners me.

when I ragequit (in my head, obviously my manner show differently) I just [SHIFT+ENTER] + GG WP [ENTER] and tehn leave the game.

I don't enjoy making people feel bad.
I had a bad dream. Don't be afraid, bad dreams are only dreams. What a time you chose to be born in...
Grend
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1600 Posts
April 06 2012 11:37 GMT
#695
When I read what you wrote I had to laugh a bit. If I was your opponent I`d just assume you were being sarcastic
Who honestly compliments someone on making a bunch of roaches?
♞ Against the Wind - Bob Seger ♞
prOpVikingBB2
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden273 Posts
April 06 2012 11:39 GMT
#696
I get really mad while playing, so what i have started doing is, saying GG WP, when i think the win is really deserved, and just GG when i want to rage quit.

This means that GG for me is BM and GGWP is manner. For other people though, my GG appears as manner even though i am really mad.
I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger, then it hit me.
headbus
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada173 Posts
April 06 2012 14:29 GMT
#697
I'm a masters protoss, the only thing holding me back from consistent practice on ladder and getting into that high masters/GM mmr that I think I am capable of is my ladder rage.

I always say gl at the start of a game, and I'll gg if they deserved a win, however I'll trash talk players often, sometimes because they did some worthless all in like 1.1.1 or stim+scv. Or sometimes because they just suck, had a zerg take his natural + drop a "hidden" proxy hatchery inside my base. Not blocking my 2nd, just inside my base. I hate playing vs players who have no idea what they are doing. They've made it to masters on the back of some cheese, then once they get here theyve actually got no idea what to do when they play vs someone who can defend it.

All in all SC is a game I like to watch, to play occasionally, but my ladder rage is so bad, I've never been able to consistently play for more than 2 weeks. Its not uncommon for me to punch my wardrobe, or desk after losses, its due to my competitiveness, but I just hate losing to people who I think are worse than me.
sOvrn
Profile Joined April 2010
United States678 Posts
April 06 2012 14:42 GMT
#698
On April 06 2012 23:29 headbus wrote:
I'm a masters protoss, the only thing holding me back from consistent practice on ladder and getting into that high masters/GM mmr that I think I am capable of is my ladder rage.

I always say gl at the start of a game, and I'll gg if they deserved a win, however I'll trash talk players often, sometimes because they did some worthless all in like 1.1.1 or stim+scv. Or sometimes because they just suck, had a zerg take his natural + drop a "hidden" proxy hatchery inside my base. Not blocking my 2nd, just inside my base. I hate playing vs players who have no idea what they are doing. They've made it to masters on the back of some cheese, then once they get here theyve actually got no idea what to do when they play vs someone who can defend it.

All in all SC is a game I like to watch, to play occasionally, but my ladder rage is so bad, I've never been able to consistently play for more than 2 weeks. Its not uncommon for me to punch my wardrobe, or desk after losses, its due to my competitiveness, but I just hate losing to people who I think are worse than me.


You shouldn't play this game if you can't control that rage. FFS this is just a video game man. Why do you concoct this whole little story re the motivation and skills of the player just to demean them? Seriously, wtf do you know? Maybe they are trying out a new cheese, maybe theyre drunk and just goofing around, maybe 1,000 other plausible things, including that yes maybe they suck. It's pathetic to see ppl loose a SC2 game and then try to win the 'mental victory' by harassing their opponent or trying to come up with these fantasy stories as to why they lost. Stop taking this so seriously.

People really need to control their nerd rage. You should control it in RL life for the sake of your own mental and physical health and you should control in game so you don't try to ruin the game for your opponent. The OP is awesome, imo. Surprised I missed this thread considering it's somewhat old.
My favorites: Terran - Maru // Protoss - SoS // Zerg - soO ~~~ fighting!
Elvedeta
Profile Joined November 2010
Portugal395 Posts
April 06 2012 15:16 GMT
#699
I always start the games by saying "gl" and always "gg" at the end, even when its cheese, if I didn't stop it, it was my bad so no reason to rage.At least that my way of thinking, but I do get mad at myselft for messing up and stuff but will say gg anyway as the other guy didn't do anything wrong.
AzZa651
Profile Joined January 2011
Denmark39 Posts
April 06 2012 15:19 GMT
#700
I find at times that when I type "gg" or even "gg wp", I feel more emotionally stable in the game to follow, as I have a tendency of getting mad after a loss, especially after losing a really long macro game.

However I think "gg wp" and then acknowledging my opponent's strategy is sugar coating his win, it is obvious that it worked, but I am sure that differs from person so person, so props to the ones that does it!
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings217
SHIN 151
CranKy Ducklings SOOP49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 382
ByuN 315
SHIN 151
Railgan 55
MindelVK 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 69705
Calm 11056
Rain 2471
Bisu 1537
FanTaSy 847
soO 537
Shuttle 510
Stork 503
Rush 263
Soma 240
[ Show more ]
Snow 203
firebathero 196
Last 170
Light 111
Mind 96
Pusan 75
ToSsGirL 50
Sharp 46
hero 41
Killer 40
Free 37
Bale 37
sorry 34
Trap 34
Mong 32
Aegong 30
Hm[arnc] 27
zelot 21
yabsab 17
Sacsri 13
Shine 13
Sexy 13
HiyA 12
Noble 12
IntoTheRainbow 10
scan(afreeca) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8910
Dendi510
Counter-Strike
fl0m1597
byalli746
x6flipin675
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King96
Other Games
gofns31874
singsing2216
B2W.Neo568
Pyrionflax247
ToD112
Trikslyr30
Chillindude11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV241
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 84
• Gemini_19 15
• Dystopia_ 3
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV506
League of Legends
• Jankos3106
• Nemesis1405
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1226
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 32m
OSC
10h 32m
Replay Cast
10h 32m
OSC
23h 32m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.