• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:43
CEST 17:43
KST 00:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8368 users

Good Manner on Ladder - Page 10

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 36 Next All
marttorn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Norway5211 Posts
August 17 2011 13:39 GMT
#181
Haha this is an excellent idea! I thought it was just gonna be another "why do people BM on ladder" whinefest but it turned out much better

(^_^)=b
memes are a dish best served dank
Aries-
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden54 Posts
August 17 2011 13:39 GMT
#182
It takes a certain kind of mental fortitude to gg against allins or in games where you lose where it wasn't a good game but you did a dumb mistake and lost because of it.


One which I do not have I might add.
If God exists, I hope he has a good excuse.
Theovide
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden914 Posts
August 17 2011 13:40 GMT
#183
On August 17 2011 15:04 SichuanPanda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 15:03 Fission wrote:
On August 17 2011 14:55 SichuanPanda wrote:
Until NA server gives up the cheese or get off the pot attitude I refuse to play another game. Master was just as boring as Diamond, and Diamond just as boring as Platinum. Russian roulette of all-in pushes.


Until you abandon this kind of thinking you will never improve as a player.


No desire to improve when I've been better than my opponents for ages. I didn't say I lose to all-ins and cheeses, I said its a boring way to play pretty simple what I said. Not sure how you could misinterpret it. I don't need to improve as a player I'm quite good enough already. I play this game for fun, and facing people who get a hard on for a win and do everything they can to get it with no shame for how little skill their build takes, or how far below 50% they have to go to get their points up is without a doubt not fun at all. Or do you think its fun to have someone A-move into your base and if you don't have a 200+ APM defense and a perfect force field (I play Protoss) you instantly lose? I guess you must.

Actually I think Fission is 100% correct. First of all, really all allins are quite easily defendable if you just know how, and see them coming (scouting). At least easy defendable in that way that's it's easy to make it so that it becomes a micro battle (ie if you got perfect forcefields and 200 apm he will need perfect micro aswell to finish you off, if you have responded approprietely to his all in). Also I doubt you'd been better than your opponents for ages, as that's basically impossible with the matchmaking system, unless you've played so few matches that you actually aren't matched against even opponents yet (or if you are the best player on your entire ladder, and then should be rank 1 GM).

What I'm trying to say is that you don't have to play the russian roullette even if they do, if you play a solid game with good scouting it will never end up with a russian roullette for you, and you'd even start hoping for people to cheese you because you are so solid against that.

Personally for example, I think I got a way better winratio vs those who allin me than vs people who play standrad or greedy, simply because I choose builds where none playing russian roullette will have an easy time beating me. (Which does put me slightly behind people who play the reverse russian, IE greedy builds, but only slightly and that advantage I can remove with good play).
Malks
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom94 Posts
August 17 2011 14:00 GMT
#184
I still maintain that good manners are very important, especially when faced with the anonymous aspect of the Internet. BMing someone makes both people angry to some degree, especially if the BMer is the winner.

Good manners on the other hand make both parties feel better about the game, as long as you don't come over as sarcastic, that can't be a bad thing.

Good idea on doing this, and its interesting that you say you are more willing to look into your replays after being well mannered, I may have to start doing the same thing, more than just 'gg wp'
panamared
Profile Joined June 2011
United States25 Posts
August 17 2011 14:16 GMT
#185
depending on how well they execute their strategy i give them compliments on their build. but i really hate when they just tell you, your race is op when you tell them how well they played. its weird
ST_Bomber is too good! O_o
TSM
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Great Britain584 Posts
August 17 2011 14:29 GMT
#186
could be misunderstood as sarcasm sometimes
The person to smile when everything goes wrong has found someone to blame it on - arthur bloch **** tl:dr *user was banned for this post*
HptmAkira
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada4 Posts
August 17 2011 14:29 GMT
#187
I try to GM as much as possible, at least GGing and such, but it is nice when you get into those little conversations post game reflecting about how everything went, even if I lost or won, GM seems to make everything more pleasent. Though I wont lie, a rage quit victory is pleasent as well hahah. Keep up the GM!
G spot rocks the G spot
KaiserJohan
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden1808 Posts
August 17 2011 14:34 GMT
#188
If I saw that ingame I would definately think he was sarcastic, lol.
England will fight to the last American
gulati
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States2241 Posts
August 17 2011 14:34 GMT
#189
I like your mannerism comments at the end. As for making you FEEL like watching the replays.. I guess I'll take your word on that. But I usually only watch replays and study them if I feel that my opponent legitly was a pro compared to me.
C r u m b l i n g
TheRageKage12
Profile Joined November 2010
United States161 Posts
August 17 2011 14:42 GMT
#190
On August 17 2011 19:53 KazmA wrote:
Do you good manner every game or just the games that you feel like your opponent deserves the good manner?


I try to do it every game but there are probably some circumstances where I'd only be able to say gg, like if I screw up horrendously bad. For example, forgetting ling speed or upgrading air weapons instead of warp gate.
ShadowRocker
Profile Joined June 2011
United States16 Posts
August 17 2011 14:44 GMT
#191
I will say I try to be good mannered, but when I lose I tend to be so mad at myself that I just leave in anger. I guess in my own way I'm giving gm by not giving BM. But ya, lashing out against someone who beat you just makes the other person think you are a noob. Every time someone BMs me the first thing that comes to mind is "noob", I really don't know why and I feel bad because I know its not the case that they are just venting.
Without the Present, there would not be a future.
Marokeas
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada13 Posts
August 17 2011 14:45 GMT
#192
I think that this thread talks about being good mannered at the end of games that you lose can actually help make you a better player.
Quite the interesting read.
In life, unlike in chess, the game continues after checkmate.
KezseN
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Singapore1450 Posts
August 17 2011 14:46 GMT
#193
Put some screenshots of GM guys, lets spread ze love with pictures
To Skeleton King: "Have you considered employment at Apple?"
noggster
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden37 Posts
August 17 2011 15:07 GMT
#194
I always gg, regardless of what dumb noskill cheese my opponent does to win, or how bad mannered he is, telling me to "leave noob" etc.

I used to get really angry losing to dumb shit, and some days I still do. But when you got a few games under your belt it doesn't really bother you anymore.
Alltho I'm getting kinda mad when I keep losing to a scouted 3 rax all-in, it's so hard to hold!

no gg no skill, noggster out!
When life gives you lemons, say fuck the lemons and bail.
enecateReAP
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom378 Posts
August 17 2011 15:09 GMT
#195
I used to say glhf sir at the beggining of games but 1/50 games someone would be manner in return, others either didn't reply or said something like "Im a woman", "Fuck you sir" or "glhf ma'am", so I reverted to just gl hf.
"Stargate units imba" - oGsMC
Tsuycc
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada269 Posts
August 17 2011 15:09 GMT
#196
Man, saying "great timing" on a Marine/SCV all-in would make me cringe....props to you sir!
[Hoping spider mines are brought back in SC2] // MarineKing // Leta // Polt | Terran Pride "my girlfriend is the medivac" -Rain
Josealtron
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States219 Posts
August 17 2011 15:10 GMT
#197
tbh, I don't see what's good mannered about lying. For example, I'm not gonna put "gg" if I got cannon rushed or 6 pooled because it wasn't a good game. I won't rage or BM unless I start getting bmed, but I don't see the point in saying "gg wp" when it was a terrible game and my opponent certainly didn't play well.
"If you give up on yourself, you give up on the world."
SLTR.Maverick
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada142 Posts
August 17 2011 15:12 GMT
#198
I usually have pretty good manners on the ladder. Sometimes if I get cheesed like 3 or 4 times in a row I might bm a bit but then I usually say something like "my bad for the bm, gg wp" before I leave and any bm I may do is never a personal attack.
[S]laughter Gaming
FoeHamr
Profile Joined December 2010
United States489 Posts
August 17 2011 15:14 GMT
#199
I absolutely agree and I think that I will try and find something nice too say on the ladder from now on.
Equity213
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada873 Posts
August 17 2011 15:15 GMT
#200
Good on you sir. People who BM when they lose are just taking their shame and turning it into anger so they dont have to face the fact that they lost because they made a mistake.

When you lose its because YOU fucked up.

Thats like poker players that blame calling stations for calling down their bluffs.
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM515
IndyStarCraft 69
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 515
Reynor 259
ByuN 253
TKL 200
Railgan 77
IndyStarCraft 69
Codebar 50
BRAT_OK 34
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 56937
Bisu 3125
Calm 2200
FanTaSy 1014
Stork 789
Rush 413
hero 363
firebathero 186
actioN 120
Snow 110
[ Show more ]
Sharp 105
Free 56
Sea.KH 56
ToSsGirL 37
Pusan 35
Trap 35
Mong 27
Aegong 24
soO 22
Rock 21
Sexy 19
HiyA 16
Terrorterran 16
Hm[arnc] 15
Shine 11
IntoTheRainbow 9
Noble 9
scan(afreeca) 9
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc9314
Dendi966
Counter-Strike
fl0m4943
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King106
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK3
Other Games
singsing2170
Liquid`RaSZi1494
B2W.Neo768
Beastyqt566
olofmeister498
Mlord454
Khaldor405
KnowMe300
crisheroes178
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV267
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 8
• Hinosc 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• Reevou 0
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony6
• niya90s 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV512
League of Legends
• Nemesis2901
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1667
Other Games
• Shiphtur61
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 17m
OSC
7h 17m
Replay Cast
7h 17m
OSC
20h 17m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.