• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:05
CEST 21:05
KST 04:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12169 users

Good Manner on Ladder - Page 11

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 36 Next All
Equity213
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada873 Posts
August 17 2011 15:16 GMT
#201
I always enjoy hearing how much I suck from someone in the same league as me who i just beat.
Gesperrt
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany417 Posts
August 17 2011 15:29 GMT
#202
I think your good manners are a bit extreme OP :D
A normal gg should be enough, unless your opponent really deserves a wp or did a nice strategy

And never forget your gl&hf :o
KaBoom300
Profile Joined January 2011
United States225 Posts
August 17 2011 15:40 GMT
#203
This is a great idea. I always like it when people are nice unfortunately I sometimes have a bm problem (ironically it's only when I win but they waste time by dragging the game out) but it's definitely something I can work on. This is something I definitely want to try, as well as to work on my own problem. Keep up the good work
Liquid Dota Fighting!
oxidized
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States324 Posts
August 17 2011 15:50 GMT
#204
Awesome idea OP

I always am gm with a "gg" or gg wp", but I like this idea. I think I will do it occasionally when I have something that I can actually complement my opponent on (as opposed to doing it every match like you seem to be doing).
TheRageKage12
Profile Joined November 2010
United States161 Posts
August 17 2011 16:16 GMT
#205
On August 18 2011 00:10 Josealtron wrote:
tbh, I don't see what's good mannered about lying. For example, I'm not gonna put "gg" if I got cannon rushed or 6 pooled because it wasn't a good game. I won't rage or BM unless I start getting bmed, but I don't see the point in saying "gg wp" when it was a terrible game and my opponent certainly didn't play well.


Personally, I would still consider those good games. If I don't scout/counter those builds, it is my own fault for losing. However, if I lose because I make a serious serious mistake (like cancelling the rax on accident right when the lings get there) then I probably wouldn't be able to complement them on anything . In that instance, I MIGHT not give a gg but likely still will.
Sajaki
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada1135 Posts
August 17 2011 16:20 GMT
#206
We need more people like you Think I'll start doing something similar :D
Inno pls...
JayConn
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States408 Posts
August 17 2011 16:21 GMT
#207
I always GG, and sometimes I complement them I saw them do something really well.(Like sick micro, or something like that)
Msr
Profile Joined March 2011
Korea (South)495 Posts
August 17 2011 16:26 GMT
#208
Not to be too rude because it is nice that you were mannered, but the way your chat comes off is a bit obnoxious. A simple gg would of been better as you can tell from the screenshots none of those games where you lost were well timed or well executed by the other player. Just my opinion though, I would take those comments as more BM then good manner in those situations. Also, if you would like more mannered games try korean server if you can deal with a lot more aggressive styles and ping.
TheRageKage12
Profile Joined November 2010
United States161 Posts
August 17 2011 16:29 GMT
#209
On August 18 2011 01:26 Msr wrote:
Not to be too rude because it is nice that you were mannered, but the way your chat comes off is a bit obnoxious. A simple gg would of been better as you can tell from the screenshots none of those games where you lost were well timed or well executed by the other player. Just my opinion though, I would take those comments as more BM then good manner in those situations. Also, if you would like more mannered games try korean server if you can deal with a lot more aggressive styles and ping.


Fair enough. Keep in mind though I'm only in Diamond league so it isn't like I'm playing super-insanely good people with airtight plays. Also, it is up to me to make sure what I say doesn't come off as BM. I acknowledge that some of these games were phrased poorly and I'll be improving them in the future.

As for playing in Korea, I don't think so. I have enough trouble on NA. >_>
NeThZOR
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
South Africa7387 Posts
August 17 2011 16:33 GMT
#210
I also always GG at the end of the game, whether I won or lost. If he gg's before quitting, I try my best to gg back as quickly as possible just to show manners, otherwise I will gg in chat after the game. Even when someone ragequits, I type them a gg after the game. I do not exactly know how they feel about that, maybe they think I am insulting them; but as far as I know it makes them feel bad about themselves since they never respond.

Good manners on the ladder and otherwise should be the norm, and I really do not know why people hate on others and never show respect where it is needed.
SuperNova - 2015 | SKT1 fan for years | Dear, FlaSh, PartinG, Soulkey, Naniwa
NightsuN
Profile Joined June 2011
Switzerland15 Posts
August 17 2011 16:35 GMT
#211
i would love to read something often ♥
okay i'll begin with it too =)
Sm3agol
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2055 Posts
August 17 2011 16:38 GMT
#212
I try to do this but sometimes it's hard picking out what to compliment when you're focused on your own failures. :-/
TheRageKage12
Profile Joined November 2010
United States161 Posts
August 17 2011 16:42 GMT
#213
On August 18 2011 01:38 Sm3agol wrote:
I try to do this but sometimes it's hard picking out what to compliment when you're focused on your own failures. :-/


I think that's half the battle right there. Try not to think about what you did wrong at the end of the game; save it for the replay when you can get a better picture of it. At the end of the game, try to figure out how your opponent outplayed you in any aspect of the game (if you can). Then, once you pick out what your opponent did right, go to the replay and figure out exactly what you did wrong and try to learn how your opponent's strength really contributed to the loss. Finally, see which was more influential to you losing: your mistakes or your opponents strengths. I'm sure some games you made a mistake which you can blame the loss on but, for me at least, I think its more often my opponent's strengths that win him the game more than my faults.
darthcaesar
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States475 Posts
August 17 2011 16:44 GMT
#214
I bet many of them think it is sarcastic.
He is wisest who knows he does not know. | (┛OДO)┛彡┻━┻
TheRageKage12
Profile Joined November 2010
United States161 Posts
August 17 2011 16:48 GMT
#215
On August 18 2011 01:44 darthcaesar wrote:
I bet many of them think it is sarcastic.


Maybe, at least 2 of them messaged me afterward with a friendly conversation, though. So you never know
flyingbangus
Profile Joined December 2010
United States121 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-17 17:25:05
August 17 2011 17:24 GMT
#216
Good job OP.

I've been doing good lately with always saying glhf and gg'ing out even in the most annoying losses. I think forcing one's self to do this helps with controlling the rage on games lost that (seemingly) shouldn't have been lost.

Haha, I even remember gg'ing on a zvz, even if the guy called me a fag when he saw my defensive banelings morphing. I lost that game to his +1 lings and good micro -- I still typed gg before surrendering.

Anyway, hopefully this culture of good manners do spread in the ladder -- especially coming from the "older" guys like me, to show the kiddies that bm isn't "cool".
55v66v77v88v99v4sffffuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Tuk
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom223 Posts
August 17 2011 17:27 GMT
#217
ive stopped my bm in 1v1 ladder now even when they win through some all in/"get lucky" i dont see a need to do much past a gg though.
PhiliBiRD
Profile Joined November 2009
United States2643 Posts
August 17 2011 17:27 GMT
#218
i suppose this is pretty rare. i usually only get a "gg wp" at best.

hytonight
Profile Joined April 2011
303 Posts
August 17 2011 17:28 GMT
#219
for some reason, i detect an insane amount of sarcasm in those first 6 pictures..
when in rome...eat the romans.
TheRageKage12
Profile Joined November 2010
United States161 Posts
August 17 2011 17:33 GMT
#220
On August 18 2011 02:28 hytonight wrote:
for some reason, i detect an insane amount of sarcasm in those first 6 pictures..


Do you have any suggestions on how to better express sincerity?
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1315
TKL 455
IndyStarCraft 300
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1315
ByuN 522
TKL 455
IndyStarCraft 300
Reynor 272
EmSc Tv 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25279
Calm 2505
Shuttle 358
Mini 175
White-Ra 142
firebathero 88
Mong 52
ZZZero.O 40
scan(afreeca) 25
soO 14
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc10639
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps941
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4074
Liquid`Hasu537
MindelVK7
Other Games
summit1g2634
Liquid`RaSZi2361
fl0m1876
FrodaN1372
B2W.Neo823
olofmeister737
Khaldor478
Beastyqt310
crisheroes182
Livibee182
Mew2King72
ToD54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick640
BasetradeTV230
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 18
EmSc2Tv 18
angryscii 10
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 30
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach55
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• 80smullet 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV576
Other Games
• imaqtpie1157
• Shiphtur675
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 55m
Replay Cast
3h 55m
OSC
16h 55m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.