• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:47
CEST 19:47
KST 02:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7526 users

'TSL expelled from SC2 Conference' - Page 13

Forum Index > SC2 General
1124 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 57 Next
sleepingdog
Profile Joined August 2008
Austria6145 Posts
August 04 2011 13:25 GMT
#241
On August 04 2011 22:23 pdd wrote:
It's the same with any other job. You're paid to do your work, and if you can't do it within the normal 8-9 hour working day, then you have to do an overtime. Otherwise, you're gone.


I'm running in circles here....I don't think you can punish any player for "merely" staying in code S. That's already showing great results, considering the hard competition. I mean, just look how many top-top-players even dropped to Code A, let alone up/down at least once?
"You see....YOU SEE..." © 2010 Sen
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
August 04 2011 13:25 GMT
#242
If I'm your fucking coach and I tell you to do something. You fucking do it. No exceptions or else I bench you. I look for team players. Not individuals. If they cannot adapt you send them down along with their payroll.
captive411
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States80 Posts
August 04 2011 13:26 GMT
#243
I think Lee has shown himself to be an explosive personality, emotional and prone to over-reaction. This is only more evidence to that fact. There has to be something going on with Lee and TSL for players (who only want to play the game) to be forced to engage in drama that only distracts from their craft.

My hypothesis is that Lee is an overbearing ruler of house TSL and the players can only put up with so much. Working with, or for, people with poor leadership skills (which I suspect Lee is one) creates an environment of resentment. I am not surprised there are issues if this is the case.

I am proud that FD and Tester have decided to stand their ground and not let the egomaniac Lee get away with abusing them. Gratz to Puma as well for having the strength to make a difficult decision.
twitter.com/stormcrack
captive411
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States80 Posts
August 04 2011 13:27 GMT
#244
On August 04 2011 22:25 StarStruck wrote:
If I'm your fucking coach and I tell you to do something. You fucking do it. No exceptions or else I bench you. I look for team players. Not individuals. If they cannot adapt you send them down along with their payroll.


This is a terrible leadership strategy. It may work on football players or soldiers, but it has no place with the introverted gamer society. In short, you can't abuse nerds, they're too smart.
twitter.com/stormcrack
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
August 04 2011 13:28 GMT
#245
On August 04 2011 22:24 Telcontar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2011 22:16 sleepingdog wrote:
On August 04 2011 22:14 Telcontar wrote:
On August 04 2011 22:07 sleepingdog wrote:
On August 04 2011 22:04 b_unnies wrote:
On August 04 2011 22:03 sleepingdog wrote:
On August 04 2011 21:59 b_unnies wrote:
1. If FD/Tester don't practice then they dont meet the terms of their contract. They don't deserve to get paid. Do you expect to get paid if you dont show up for work?


Sry but no.

They are paid to show good results, if they can achieve that by NOT practicing, so be it. At least Tester is still one of the most stable code S players, who cares if Hero, Yongwha, Sage and so on practice their heart out when they can't even get to code A.

And I'm paid to show results at my job too, if I can get it done in 1 hour its fine, if I need 3 hours for it, well, tough crap but nobody will care. I just has to be done.


but the exact point is that they havent shown any results...?


Fruitdealer no, I agree there.

Tester yes, as long as he is stable code S I think he has every right to do whatever he wants. I mean, look at how many pros try to even get to code A, let alone code S. Claiming that you are not satisfied with a code S player is just....weird.

Though Code S status alone might be satisfactory, you need players capable and threatening to win titles to attract sponsors and fans. If you're highest earning players aren't pushing themselves to do that, then it just isn't worth it to accomodate them. It only causes friction within the team and could negatively affect the team morale. I'm not saying Coach Lee did the right thing by refusing keep his promise (and contracts?) and even lying to them, but you can understand why he did it.


The problem is, that they didn't "stop" practicing, they joined the team intentionally, CLAIMING that they don't want the rigid ogs-practice-schedule.

So you aquire players who state they don't want to practice hard and afterwards you fire them because they didn't practice hard? This just makes no sense...if I'm hired to work 30 hours a week, I can't possibly get fired because I refuse to work 40 hours.

Yeah, but the conditions on which they joined with might have changed. TSL's response said something about the two players not showing interest in the rebuilding process which most likely meant stricter practice hours and tigher routines. Now, if their initial contracts (if they had them) specifically had clauses about what kind of practice they were allowed to get away with, I can understand perfectly where their grievance comes from. However, if there were no contracts or the contracts didn't mention anything about practice hours, I would say that they could've been more accomodating to the change. It's still all speculation though without knowing the full details.


.. and they left. Which is fine. You aren't happy with the coaching or the coach is unhappy with you that is the course of action. There was no initial contract, so everything is verbatim. In other words, you cannot act upon it. We're getting two different stories and the Korean teams are only now locking their players into contracts. Oh the irony!
antas
Profile Joined August 2010
Indonesia300 Posts
August 04 2011 13:28 GMT
#246
whoaa ..

It seems pretty rough time for TSL. Puma/EG thing and now this? EG might not approached Puma properly, but Puma wanting to leave TSL is a different issue. It may that something was not right with how Coach Lee managing TSL. He might be a good coach, but managing and running a team is a whole different issue.

However, I'm hoping that this will end well for all the parties involved. Only time will tell ..
Entaro Adun!
stratmatt
Profile Joined April 2011
United States913 Posts
August 04 2011 13:28 GMT
#247
thank god that eg was able to save puma from this trainwreck of a team
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
August 04 2011 13:29 GMT
#248
On August 04 2011 22:25 sleepingdog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2011 22:23 pdd wrote:
It's the same with any other job. You're paid to do your work, and if you can't do it within the normal 8-9 hour working day, then you have to do an overtime. Otherwise, you're gone.


I'm running in circles here....I don't think you can punish any player for "merely" staying in code S. That's already showing great results, considering the hard competition. I mean, just look how many top-top-players even dropped to Code A, let alone up/down at least once?

the standard isn't set by us, it is by coache and sponsors.
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
RusHXceL
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1004 Posts
August 04 2011 13:29 GMT
#249
On August 04 2011 22:20 brachester wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2011 22:17 RusHXceL wrote:
Now I don't blame PuMa for leaving TSL.

Can we get a Mod in here and ban all those kids that brinign up this EG shit?


Really how about mods ban you for bringing the word EG.
brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
August 04 2011 13:30 GMT
#250
On August 04 2011 22:29 RusHXceL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2011 22:20 brachester wrote:
On August 04 2011 22:17 RusHXceL wrote:
Now I don't blame PuMa for leaving TSL.

Can we get a Mod in here and ban all those kids that brinign up this EG shit?


Really how about mods ban you for bringing the word EG.

Your point sir?
I hate all this singing
pdd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia9933 Posts
August 04 2011 13:31 GMT
#251
On August 04 2011 22:25 sleepingdog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2011 22:23 pdd wrote:
It's the same with any other job. You're paid to do your work, and if you can't do it within the normal 8-9 hour working day, then you have to do an overtime. Otherwise, you're gone.


I'm running in circles here....I don't think you can punish any player for "merely" staying in code S. That's already showing great results, considering the hard competition. I mean, just look how many top-top-players even dropped to Code A, let alone up/down at least once?

Hmm, you do have a point. But I guess it's also a matter of the attitude, and whether FD and Trickster were actually achieving their best.
TI4 Champions: EE-Sama | B7-God | A-God_2000 | Kappa Lord | pieliedie
wacksteven
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States139 Posts
August 04 2011 13:32 GMT
#252
So...what is the actual effect of leaving the Player's Association? I'm just curious...because at the end of the article it says that it has no bearing on them entering leagues.
Former War3/BW/ET/UT2k4 Shoutcaster and now: an all-around, super-huggable old guy. Co-King of Tin with @djWHEAT, available on twitter @wacksteven @KingsOfTin
integrity
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1014 Posts
August 04 2011 13:32 GMT
#253
i just think it was funny how a few weeks ago everyone thought Mr. Lee was a saint.
DemiAlbedo
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada69 Posts
August 04 2011 13:33 GMT
#254
Thank you OP for posting this article. It definitely was an interesting read.

I always thought Fruitdealer and Tester left on slightly skewed terms, but TSL understood.

I jumped back to another article and reread this section.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=246368

Any final words?
First of all, I would like to apologize to FruitDealer and Tester for not fulfilling what I’ve promised to do. Despite our differences, I really hope that they do well in their respective teams.

I never suspected there was an underlining problem. I guess Lee did not want to bring to light a problem that undermined the strength of the team.

Even with all the problems FruitDealer and Tester may have caused I don't think it was wise to withhold their wages. He should have just paid them what was owed and walked away, focus on the future and work on the team. There are very very few circumstances where you have the right to withhold wages.

Can anyone tell me what the overall consequences are going to be for TSL now? Will their players be rejected or banned from certain tournaments?
brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
August 04 2011 13:34 GMT
#255
On August 04 2011 22:32 wacksteven wrote:
So...what is the actual effect of leaving the Player's Association? I'm just curious...because at the end of the article it says that it has no bearing on them entering leagues.

TSL leaving the organization doesn't affect them but the whole incidents does lower their reputation a little bit.
I hate all this singing
shell
Profile Joined October 2010
Portugal2722 Posts
August 04 2011 13:34 GMT
#256
This is unfortunate and sad for korean SC2, it's never pretty when an argument is judged by the public opinion..

2 points:

-Coach Lee is not a saint
-EG is not that evil


BENFICA || Besties: idra, Stephano, Nestea, Jaedong, Serral, Jinro, Scarlett || Zerg <3
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
August 04 2011 13:34 GMT
#257
On August 04 2011 22:27 captive411 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2011 22:25 StarStruck wrote:
If I'm your fucking coach and I tell you to do something. You fucking do it. No exceptions or else I bench you. I look for team players. Not individuals. If they cannot adapt you send them down along with their payroll.


This is a terrible leadership strategy. It may work on football players or soldiers, but it has no place with the introverted gamer society. In short, you can't abuse nerds, they're too smart.


Are you implying that other athletes aren't?

lmao

You do what works as a coach. Each coach has their own philosophy, but at the end of the day it comes down to winning. How you use your assets is another thing. It isn't a terrible strategy at all. In fact, a lot of coaches use it across the board. Some of the best ones I know are real hard asses.

In other words, coach Lee decided it was time was in order to get results and FD/Tester decided they wanted none of it, so they left on their own accord just as they came in.

They weren't promised anything and at the time they joined they were all for helping support the team financially. Practice wise, I'll leave that to you guys to judge.
Chargelot
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
2275 Posts
August 04 2011 13:35 GMT
#258
On August 04 2011 22:34 brachester wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2011 22:32 wacksteven wrote:
So...what is the actual effect of leaving the Player's Association? I'm just curious...because at the end of the article it says that it has no bearing on them entering leagues.

TSL leaving the organization doesn't affect them but the whole incidents does lower their reputation a little bit.


The Koreans operate on respect, honor, and reputation. To be expelled from the association is huge in Korea.
if (post == "stupid") { document.getElementById('post').style.display = 'none'; }
karpo
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden1998 Posts
August 04 2011 13:35 GMT
#259
On August 04 2011 22:26 captive411 wrote:
I think Lee has shown himself to be an explosive personality, emotional and prone to over-reaction. This is only more evidence to that fact. There has to be something going on with Lee and TSL for players (who only want to play the game) to be forced to engage in drama that only distracts from their craft.

My hypothesis is that Lee is an overbearing ruler of house TSL and the players can only put up with so much. Working with, or for, people with poor leadership skills (which I suspect Lee is one) creates an environment of resentment. I am not surprised there are issues if this is the case.

I am proud that FD and Tester have decided to stand their ground and not let the egomaniac Lee get away with abusing them. Gratz to Puma as well for having the strength to make a difficult decision.


That's a huge bunch of assumptions there, man. I could just as easily say that Lee was really trying to keep TSL together by any means possible but FD and Tester ruined the practice environment by not taking it seriously and affecting the other teammembers. Do i have any proof? No, but it's just as possible as your assumption about him being a "egomaniac".
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
August 04 2011 13:35 GMT
#260
On August 04 2011 22:34 brachester wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2011 22:32 wacksteven wrote:
So...what is the actual effect of leaving the Player's Association? I'm just curious...because at the end of the article it says that it has no bearing on them entering leagues.

TSL leaving the organization doesn't affect them but the whole incidents does lower their reputation a little bit.


Pretty much. It shows they have no say in anything and gives them no legitimacy. If other teams don't have to answer to them then why should TSL?

Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 57 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2641
RotterdaM708
TaKeTV 306
IndyStarCraft 173
BRAT_OK 80
ZombieGrub35
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2641
RotterdaM 708
ByuN 379
MaxPax 171
IndyStarCraft 170
BRAT_OK 80
UpATreeSC 51
ZombieGrub44
RuFF_SC2 38
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3326
Shuttle 831
Mini 467
EffOrt 413
Rush 171
Dewaltoss 151
Mind 89
HiyA 78
910 75
Zeus 68
[ Show more ]
hero 56
Bale 26
sorry 19
ToSsGirL 17
Sexy 13
zelot 10
scan(afreeca) 9
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5619
qojqva2923
Counter-Strike
fl0m5245
pashabiceps791
Fnx 672
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3008
Other Games
singsing1985
Beastyqt798
ceh9685
mouzStarbuck247
XaKoH 127
C9.Mang081
QueenE74
Trikslyr62
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV210
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 111
• StrangeGG 31
• Reevou 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 25
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV186
Other Games
• imaqtpie514
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 14m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 14m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 14m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.