• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:37
CEST 09:37
KST 16:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7387 users

New Patch Issues - Page 27

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 Next All
mrproper
Profile Joined April 2010
Romania93 Posts
July 11 2010 14:17 GMT
#521
New patch issue: game crapped out and gave out a dialog error when started, the included exes did not solve anything.

I uninstalled, removed all traces and I am now reinstalling the game from scratch. EU version BTW.
mrproper
Profile Joined April 2010
Romania93 Posts
July 11 2010 15:05 GMT
#522
I cleanly reinstalled SC2, and patched it and everything.

"An error occurred starting StarCraft II. Please try again."
virusak
Profile Joined December 2009
Czech Republic344 Posts
July 11 2010 15:30 GMT
#523
On July 08 2010 13:37 PhiliBiRD wrote:
vespene geyser textures alot of the time are bugged graphically.

that, on earth gases, not on metal ones (metalopoils etc)
sk`
Profile Joined November 2008
Japan442 Posts
July 11 2010 15:31 GMT
#524
I started having problems too, it seems the install goes nuts when using the sc2manager to DL files (replay versions or map version for AI training). Something sc2manager does conflicts. Seems Bliz is closing access to it.

However, I want to watch some older replays and everyone single one doesn't run. Any ideas?
www.pureesports.com
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51545 Posts
July 11 2010 16:09 GMT
#525
I would really like it if someone uploaded their Liberty.SC2Mod\Base.SC2Data

since its the one thats creating the most number of errors for me right now.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
kyo1337
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada9 Posts
July 11 2010 16:36 GMT
#526
For people with sound issues,

Try right clicking the sound icon on the bottom right hand corner, choose playback devices, goto the recording tab, if you see the stereo mix device, enable it if it's disabled.

If you can't see the stereo mix icon, right click one of the devices and select show disabled devices.

Sometimes plugging in a headset to your audio jack and unplugging makes my sound come back.

I'm using windows 7 btw. Before this patch I could get sound using 7.1 audio, now I must use stereo.
DocM
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States212 Posts
July 11 2010 21:16 GMT
#527
MrProper, im having the exact same problem =(
Captain Peabody
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3137 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-11 21:36:15
July 11 2010 21:36 GMT
#528
Um...I downloaded the Patch 15 and 16 mirrors, installed Patch 15 manually without any trouble. However, when I try to do the same with patch 16 (i.e. copying the files to the Updates folder, running the updater), the patcher goes to 70% and then just closes. Every time I run the SC2 Beta program it closes. I tried getting into it via the map editor, but while I can test maps, when I try to log onto Bnet the program again just closes and goes to the patcher...which then goes to 70% and then closes.

Has anyone else gotten this problem?
Dies Irae venit. youtube.com/SnobbinsFilms
KaiserJohan
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden1808 Posts
July 11 2010 21:40 GMT
#529
My ladderpoints does not change upon winning or loosing, I'm stuck at 397 forever.
England will fight to the last American
Merano
Profile Joined January 2008
Austria105 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-11 22:06:58
July 11 2010 22:06 GMT
#530
On July 12 2010 06:40 KaiserJohan wrote:
My ladderpoints does not change upon winning or loosing, I'm stuck at 397 forever.


My ladderpoints were updated after some delay. But my internal points seem to be messed up after placement matches, because it keeps pairing me against bronce/silver players with my 5:2 record. Maybe they just changed the placement algorithm again. Anyways, if anyone else is experiencing this, please post a reply.
DocM
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States212 Posts
July 11 2010 22:11 GMT
#531
Im trying to update my drivers for NVIDIA about the crash on startup problem (Error: starcraft 2 could not be opened, please try again). lets see how this works.
DocM
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States212 Posts
July 11 2010 22:35 GMT
#532
No dice...
NickS1979
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2 Posts
July 11 2010 23:35 GMT
#533
On July 12 2010 06:36 Captain Peabody wrote:
Um...I downloaded the Patch 15 and 16 mirrors, installed Patch 15 manually without any trouble. However, when I try to do the same with patch 16 (i.e. copying the files to the Updates folder, running the updater), the patcher goes to 70% and then just closes. Every time I run the SC2 Beta program it closes. I tried getting into it via the map editor, but while I can test maps, when I try to log onto Bnet the program again just closes and goes to the patcher...which then goes to 70% and then closes.

Has anyone else gotten this problem?



that is the problem I'm having too
DC Elite
Profile Joined May 2010
United States152 Posts
July 11 2010 23:49 GMT
#534
Anyone having issues with the game suddenly minimizing itself over and over and then get disconnected? I've tried windowed and non windowed mode, not sure what the heck is causing it... Lots of losses due to it :/
QuakerOats
Profile Joined April 2009
United States1024 Posts
July 12 2010 00:12 GMT
#535
On July 12 2010 08:49 DC Elite wrote:
Anyone having issues with the game suddenly minimizing itself over and over and then get disconnected? I've tried windowed and non windowed mode, not sure what the heck is causing it... Lots of losses due to it :/


Yeah I'm getting this too. I just lost to a cannon rush because of it... I had lings out so it should've been ez-win but I couldn't command my lings to attack because the game kept minimizing. Then I got disconnected. Worst way to lose a game, haha :/
green.at
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Austria1459 Posts
July 12 2010 00:15 GMT
#536
I had some issues, mostly stuff that wasnt ingame, but i had a big disconnect today and when i was able to log in again it was all good :D
(problems like: i couldnt see portraits, achivements, match history,....)

Still cant "see" invisible units though
Inputting special characters into chat should no longer cause the game to crash.
DC Elite
Profile Joined May 2010
United States152 Posts
July 12 2010 13:41 GMT
#537
On July 12 2010 09:12 QuakerOats wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 12 2010 08:49 DC Elite wrote:
Anyone having issues with the game suddenly minimizing itself over and over and then get disconnected? I've tried windowed and non windowed mode, not sure what the heck is causing it... Lots of losses due to it :/


Yeah I'm getting this too. I just lost to a cannon rush because of it... I had lings out so it should've been ez-win but I couldn't command my lings to attack because the game kept minimizing. Then I got disconnected. Worst way to lose a game, haha :/



Ahhh, that sucks. Yeah ive lost twice with this issue as i was in his base cleaning up his structures after winning the key battle, haha, its the worst and good luck for them. I also lost once in a ZvsZ after i got off an amazing baneling pop that killed all his lings and i was ready to pounce.

So, windowed fullscreen and the default modes both have this issue, but i've havnt seen it in the regular windowed mode yet... i wish there was something else to do.
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51545 Posts
July 12 2010 13:42 GMT
#538
On July 12 2010 01:09 BLinD-RawR wrote:
I would really like it if someone uploaded their Liberty.SC2Mod\Base.SC2Data

since its the one thats creating the most number of errors for me right now.


really wish someone could help me with this simple issue.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Grond
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
599 Posts
July 12 2010 22:34 GMT
#539
I've had trouble for quite a long time with files from Blizzard and only Blizzard games getting corrupted. I just switched to Windows 7 and the problem is hopefully finally gone. Spent a lot of time trying to figure it out and never came close, my best guess is that my previous SATA driver and their file format didn't like each other. I did find one tidbit of info at one time that Blizzard games don't play nice with delayed writes but I turned delayed writes off and still had problems
Vingle
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada86 Posts
July 12 2010 23:30 GMT
#540
I open SC2 beta, and there's this little sign in the middle screen saying 'Connecting to patch server' and nothing happens for 20 minutes. I'm pretty sure I have the patch; it was fine this morning.

Anyone know what's going on?
Protoss is a very funny race.
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 1001
910 725
ggaemo 692
actioN 610
Mong 318
Shuttle 104
Dewaltoss 94
Leta 85
soO 39
yabsab 32
[ Show more ]
Hm[arnc] 29
Bale 24
Noble 14
Aegong 12
Dota 2
Fuzer 84
League of Legends
JimRising 551
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss229
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor865
Other Games
summit1g8925
olofmeister739
ceh9513
Happy300
PiGStarcraft253
Mew2King112
ArmadaUGS41
trigger8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream119
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2338
League of Legends
• Rush1180
• Stunt437
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
5h 23m
OSC
14h 23m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 2h
Online Event
1d 3h
FEL
1d 8h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.