• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:46
CEST 14:46
KST 21:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8505 users

New Patch Issues - Page 25

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 29 Next All
Kpyolysis32
Profile Joined April 2010
553 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-10 03:09:42
July 10 2010 03:01 GMT
#481
Mine won't start downloading the patch. I tried it both from my Phase 1 copy of the game and a fresh install, and it just went straight to the game, then told me I had an invalid version.

EDIT: Fixed it!!
I won't share the details because it's very complex and won't affect anyone who didn't get the AV security suite virus (which I did, because I'm an idiot) >_>
Man, do I not keep this up to date, or what?
alphafuzard
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1610 Posts
July 10 2010 03:05 GMT
#482
For some reason my sc2 beta is patching again, after successfully patching earlier, and getting stuck
I have already played 30+ games, and this just happened for seemingly no reason

I had this problem, getting stuck at 71%, earlier, but reinstalled to fix it. That took 2 hours...any other solutions?
more weight
algorithm0r
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada486 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-10 19:52:54
July 10 2010 03:51 GMT
#483
I've been having the "authorized language pack" error on my PC after I crashed out of a game.

I can still log into my account and play on my laptop.

I've re-installed once and the error is still there. Any found a solution to this yet? (My laptop sucks worse than my PC.)

Edit: Following another post in this thread -- here is a fix:

When logging in, after typing your password in press Enter furiously. This should get you past the "authorized language" message before it arises.

Why this works (I think): If you get the "authorize language" error you will see the normal character selection screen for a brief second before the error pops. If you can select "Enter" on this screen before the error arrives it will never arrive. I hope this help some people play!
FuryX
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia495 Posts
July 10 2010 04:55 GMT
#484
whats the story with the placement matches? 2...then after u play them it says 0 :/
moejoejoejoe
Profile Joined July 2010
6 Posts
July 10 2010 06:40 GMT
#485
I've got terrible performance drop during Phase 2 of the beta. I get like 20 fps usually (5-10 during battles ), no matter what settings i have; the fps is the same even if i run it on low / ultra settings. How can i solve this ?

Comp specs : 9800gt 512, quad core, 3gb ram
sev7nflow
Profile Joined July 2010
United States10 Posts
July 10 2010 08:47 GMT
#486
When installing, I keep getting the

"Blizzard Updater was unable to read teh file "assets\textures\cargotruck_normal.dds". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at <unknown>-- for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, hard drive corruption, or a networking problem while downloading the update." error at 80%

I've already tried reinstalling, deleted temps folder, hard drive check, even REFORMATTING.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!
TheMick
Profile Joined April 2010
Great Britain164 Posts
July 10 2010 08:55 GMT
#487
On July 09 2010 19:53 Classics wrote:
Hey.

got to 98% through the updating process and ecountered this error during the writing process.

The patch "base\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\Base.SC2Data\TriggerLibs\MeleeAI.galaxy" could not be applied. (CRC mismatch: expected 0xb9a6a099, actual 0x8f94fc10.)(PTCApply_BSDiff failed.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate:TCApply)


Upon this problem occuring, the updater aborts the download.


slightly harsh at 98%, mine does the same at 71% havent been able to do anything about it, reinstalled about 8 times now...
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/265104/1/HyperioN/ My SC2 profile!
Piski
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Finland3461 Posts
July 10 2010 08:56 GMT
#488
Tried setting the updater to non peer-to-peer? Helped me at least
sev7nflow
Profile Joined July 2010
United States10 Posts
July 10 2010 09:05 GMT
#489
where do you set that?
yoha
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark6 Posts
July 10 2010 11:05 GMT
#490
On July 10 2010 17:47 sev7nflow wrote:
When installing, I keep getting the

"Blizzard Updater was unable to read teh file "assets\textures\cargotruck_normal.dds". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at <unknown>-- for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, hard drive corruption, or a networking problem while downloading the update." error at 80%

I've already tried reinstalling, deleted temps folder, hard drive check, even REFORMATTING.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

I get
"Blizzard Updater was unable to read the file "Assets\Doodads\ZhakulDasObelisk\ZhakulDasObelisk_02.m3". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at <unknown>--for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, hard drive corruption, or a networking problem while downloading the update. (The error code was 0.) : DecompressJob::Execute()"
at 93%..
I've retried updating over 10 times, reinstalled the game in different folders, different harddrives, downloading the whole game again, disabling firewall/antivirus etc.. nothing worked yet
brimur
Profile Joined July 2010
Ireland6 Posts
July 10 2010 11:18 GMT
#491
Im on the EU servers, just played a match but obv they are working on the servers as I got kicked and now, although I can authenticate, I get an error immediately after saying I need and Authorized language pack from Blizzard. Cant wait till they sort it out, great to be back in the game! :D
I'm much cooler in the mirror universe
lambda-
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany147 Posts
July 10 2010 11:20 GMT
#492
Does nobody have a solution for the "language pack required"-problem?
Strange thing is, I could log in like three times but when trying to accept the terms I got disconnected somehow. After that, I got the "Language Pack Required" error message.
yoha
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark6 Posts
July 10 2010 11:26 GMT
#493
It seems someone fixed their "Blizzard Updater was unable to read the file" problem
http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=25626350575&sid=3000&pageNo=2
trying it now..
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
July 10 2010 11:32 GMT
#494
On July 10 2010 20:20 ZeitgeisT wrote:
Does nobody have a solution for the "language pack required"-problem?
Strange thing is, I could log in like three times but when trying to accept the terms I got disconnected somehow. After that, I got the "Language Pack Required" error message.

Have you tried going into your regional and language settings and changing your language + non unicode setting (system locale for win7/vista) to something else? Maybe US english
yoha
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark6 Posts
July 10 2010 14:39 GMT
#495
I finally got the game patched and working..

So, if you also experience the "Blizzard Updater was unable to read the file" bug during patch installation, this is one way to get past it:

1 - Download the manual 1-16 patch from here

2 - As posted by Maged:
"For each file in the zip archive, do the following:
1) Move/copy the file to the Support folder in your install folder.
2) Rename it to sc2-patch.MPQ
3) Run Blizzard Updater.exe
4) Delete sc2-patch.MPQ. "

If you get a "couldn't find sc2.exe" when you run the updater, try putting the files in the "Updates" folder instead of the support folder, and run the blizzard updater.exe in there..

3 - Run SC2Switcher.exe in the Support folder to run the game, the StarCraft II.exe in the root of the installation directory shouldn't work.

Thx to Maged for supplying the manual patch, and gl to you guys trying to get it to work!
zoy
Profile Joined April 2008
17 Posts
July 10 2010 15:16 GMT
#496
On July 10 2010 15:40 moejoejoejoe wrote:
I've got terrible performance drop during Phase 2 of the beta. I get like 20 fps usually (5-10 during battles ), no matter what settings i have; the fps is the same even if i run it on low / ultra settings. How can i solve this ?

Comp specs : 9800gt 512, quad core, 3gb ram



I have a similar issue. My framerate is going up and down (ups over 100, downs under 20), playing on low. In phase 1 of beta, I had no such problems.

Hardware: Macbook Pro with 9600M GT

wzee
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada11 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-10 18:17:22
July 10 2010 15:37 GMT
#497
For others suffering from the "authorized language pack", I just got in by mashing enter while attempting to login.

EDIT:
(After more testing)
Some more detailed instructions, when first launching SC2, type in your password, hit enter two or three times till it takes you back to the connect page, type in your password again, and hit enter around 6 or 7 times in quick succession, congratulations you just logged in!

If you press enter to fast however, your SC2 will go non-responding... I guess Blizzard is trying to teach us the difference between APM and EAPM

One last thing, double-check to make sure your computer clock is set right.
iEchoic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1776 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-10 17:33:43
July 10 2010 17:33 GMT
#498
Regarding building selection:

The annoying thing is that some things still use tab and some don't.

An orbital command and planetary fortress you still need to tab between. So you're getting used to not tabbing and then you make 2 CCs and all of a sudden you have to tab for only one building selection.

Also, when you have a reactor building and techlab building and make two marines for example, it will make one on each. AGH. I don't get how they can mess that up, the logic is pretty simple. If (unit being produced can be made in a reactor) make it in a reactor.
vileEchoic -- clanvile.com
CrystalNite
Profile Joined July 2010
United States3 Posts
July 10 2010 17:58 GMT
#499
On July 10 2010 23:39 yoha wrote:
I finally got the game patched and working..

So, if you also experience the "Blizzard Updater was unable to read the file" bug during patch installation, this is one way to get past it:

1 - Download the manual 1-16 patch from here

2 - As posted by Maged:
"For each file in the zip archive, do the following:
1) Move/copy the file to the Support folder in your install folder.
2) Rename it to sc2-patch.MPQ
3) Run Blizzard Updater.exe
4) Delete sc2-patch.MPQ. "

If you get a "couldn't find sc2.exe" when you run the updater, try putting the files in the "Updates" folder instead of the support folder, and run the blizzard updater.exe in there..

3 - Run SC2Switcher.exe in the Support folder to run the game, the StarCraft II.exe in the root of the installation directory shouldn't work.

Thx to Maged for supplying the manual patch, and gl to you guys trying to get it to work!


Can you be a little more specific as to what files to rename? I mean, you cant have a bunch of files with the same name in the same directory. Or do you apply each patch individually with this process ie "repeat steps 2-4 for each update 1-16"? Also, the post you linked said you only had to do it for the first 5 patches. Are you amending his post by saying that you need to dl all 16
? Seems like it'll take a while...
tathecat563
Profile Joined April 2010
United States96 Posts
July 10 2010 18:13 GMT
#500
Matchmaking isn't working for me as long as I'm in a party. Is it just me or are other people having the same trouble?
Hi
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 29 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko482
ProTech137
Rex 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 50024
Bisu 1856
Horang2 1183
Hyuk 483
BeSt 454
Soma 400
Mini 333
EffOrt 329
Light 299
Larva 261
[ Show more ]
Rush 128
ZerO 125
Mong 99
Barracks 80
Leta 77
Sea.KH 59
Snow 55
ToSsGirL 49
Pusan 47
Mind 37
Shinee 37
Aegong 28
JYJ 26
Bale 24
Yoon 23
Sexy 23
sorry 19
Noble 12
JulyZerg 11
Terrorterran 11
Icarus 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc3335
XaKoH 361
Counter-Strike
Fnx 36
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1331
Khaldor1053
Other Games
gofns36497
singsing2250
olofmeister1296
B2W.Neo350
hiko275
Livibee185
Mew2King77
ArmadaUGS59
ZerO(Twitch)9
Liquid`VortiX0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream209
StarCraft 2
TaKeTV 18
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH194
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 21
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
14m
OSC
9h 14m
CranKy Ducklings
21h 14m
Online Event
22h 14m
FEL
1d 3h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.