• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:34
CEST 12:34
KST 19:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8520 users

New Patch Issues - Page 26

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next All
sev7nflow
Profile Joined July 2010
United States10 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-10 18:50:41
July 10 2010 18:50 GMT
#501
On July 10 2010 23:39 yoha wrote:
I finally got the game patched and working..

So, if you also experience the "Blizzard Updater was unable to read the file" bug during patch installation, this is one way to get past it:

1 - Download the manual 1-16 patch from here

2 - As posted by Maged:
"For each file in the zip archive, do the following:
1) Move/copy the file to the Support folder in your install folder.
2) Rename it to sc2-patch.MPQ
3) Run Blizzard Updater.exe
4) Delete sc2-patch.MPQ. "

If you get a "couldn't find sc2.exe" when you run the updater, try putting the files in the "Updates" folder instead of the support folder, and run the blizzard updater.exe in there..

3 - Run SC2Switcher.exe in the Support folder to run the game, the StarCraft II.exe in the root of the installation directory shouldn't work.

Thx to Maged for supplying the manual patch, and gl to you guys trying to get it to work!



theres no updater.exe in the support folder... am i missing something?

when I get to patch 16, i get the "couldnt find sc2.exe" as described
GhoSt[shield]
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2131 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-10 19:09:46
July 10 2010 19:03 GMT
#502
On July 11 2010 00:37 wzee wrote:
For others suffering from the "authorized language pack", I just got in by mashing enter while attempting to login.
+ Show Spoiler +

EDIT:
(After more testing)
Some more detailed instructions, when first launching SC2, type in your password, hit enter two or three times till it takes you back to the connect page, type in your password again, and hit enter around 6 or 7 times in quick succession, congratulations you just logged in!

If you press enter to fast however, your SC2 will go non-responding... I guess Blizzard is trying to teach us the difference between APM and EAPM

One last thing, double-check to make sure your computer clock is set right.


Tried this for 5 minutes. Felt like a retard for mashing enter for 5 minutes. Did not work for me, good luck to everyone else. I have e-mailed support blizzard, I have re-installed 5 times on my computer, I don't see this resolved until Blizzard figures it out.

Edit:
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 10 2010 20:32 floor exercise wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2010 20:20 ZeitgeisT wrote:
Does nobody have a solution for the "language pack required"-problem?
Strange thing is, I could log in like three times but when trying to accept the terms I got disconnected somehow. After that, I got the "Language Pack Required" error message.

Have you tried going into your regional and language settings and changing your language + non unicode setting (system locale for win7/vista) to something else? Maybe US english


Tried this also, changed the language settings from ENglish Canada to English US, doesn't work also. This language pack issue is really hurting, I almost wish I had the prepaid WoW issue just so I could play a little bit of SC2
yoha
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark6 Posts
July 10 2010 19:59 GMT
#503
Can you be a little more specific as to what files to rename? I mean, you cant have a bunch of files with the same name in the same directory. Or do you apply each patch individually with this process ie "repeat steps 2-4 for each update 1-16"? Also, the post you linked said you only had to do it for the first 5 patches. Are you amending his post by saying that you need to dl all 16
? Seems like it'll take a while...


It was the wrong link, here's the 1-16 patch

You have to rename one file at a time, run updater exe, delete the file, rename the next etc.

theres no updater.exe in the support folder... am i missing something?

when I get to patch 16, i get the "couldnt find sc2.exe" as described


It's "Blizzard Updater.exe"

You have to patch from version 0.2, meaning a fresh install.. At least if you want to use the 1-16 patch i just linked in this post.

When you get the "couldnt find sc2.exe" did you try to put the patch files in the Starcraft II Beta\Updates folder?
sev7nflow
Profile Joined July 2010
United States10 Posts
July 10 2010 20:04 GMT
#504
Yes the "couldnt find sc2.exe" comes after i apply patch 15.

when i apply patch 16, do i still rename to sc2-patch.MPQ ?

I also don't have the Blizzard updater.exe in my updater folder, its only in my support
sev7nflow
Profile Joined July 2010
United States10 Posts
July 10 2010 21:00 GMT
#505
I'm having problems updating Patch 16. I get "the patch cannot be applied" error for 3/5 of the files
wzee
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada11 Posts
July 10 2010 21:00 GMT
#506
On July 11 2010 04:03 GhoSt[shield] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2010 00:37 wzee wrote:
For others suffering from the "authorized language pack", I just got in by mashing enter while attempting to login.
+ Show Spoiler +

EDIT:
(After more testing)
Some more detailed instructions, when first launching SC2, type in your password, hit enter two or three times till it takes you back to the connect page, type in your password again, and hit enter around 6 or 7 times in quick succession, congratulations you just logged in!

If you press enter to fast however, your SC2 will go non-responding... I guess Blizzard is trying to teach us the difference between APM and EAPM

One last thing, double-check to make sure your computer clock is set right.


Tried this for 5 minutes. Felt like a retard for mashing enter for 5 minutes. Did not work for me, good luck to everyone else. I have e-mailed support blizzard, I have re-installed 5 times on my computer, I don't see this resolved until Blizzard figures it out.

Edit:
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 10 2010 20:32 floor exercise wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2010 20:20 ZeitgeisT wrote:
Does nobody have a solution for the "language pack required"-problem?
Strange thing is, I could log in like three times but when trying to accept the terms I got disconnected somehow. After that, I got the "Language Pack Required" error message.

Have you tried going into your regional and language settings and changing your language + non unicode setting (system locale for win7/vista) to something else? Maybe US english


Tried this also, changed the language settings from ENglish Canada to English US, doesn't work also. This language pack issue is really hurting, I almost wish I had the prepaid WoW issue just so I could play a little bit of SC2


Here is a video showing how I eventually got on Phase 2, as well hopefully a successful enter-mash.

http://www.livestream.com/streamgame/video?clipId=pla_075bbfe8-12d8-45e0-9f9b-a0295a41a1b2
yoha
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark6 Posts
July 10 2010 21:02 GMT
#507
sev7nflow I've only tried to install the full 900 mb 1-16 patch, on a fresh sc2 install, i can't help you with the seperate 16 patches..
I have no idea why you don't have the blizzard updater.exe in your update folder, I'm guessing you will have to reinstall and use the 1-16 patch located here
sev7nflow
Profile Joined July 2010
United States10 Posts
July 10 2010 21:09 GMT
#508
I'm basically doing the same thing you are. I've downloaded each patch separately is the only difference.

Blizz updater.exe appeared in my folder after an uninstall, but did you rename them to sc2-patch.mpq in the update folder as well before running the updater and did they update just as smoothly?
yoha
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark6 Posts
July 10 2010 22:17 GMT
#509
yes, this is what i did:
For each file in the zip archive:
1) Move/copy the file to the Update folder in your install folder.
2) Rename it to sc2-patch.MPQ
3) Run Blizzard Updater.exe
4) Delete sc2-patch.MPQ.

They updated almost smoothly, except for one which was trying to run StarCraft II.exe after it had patched, which it couldn't, but you can ignore that
Trogdor
Profile Joined August 2009
United States158 Posts
July 10 2010 23:15 GMT
#510
On July 09 2010 00:28 rauk wrote:
im having some problems with using my location hotkeys. the hotkey menu tells me that f8-f11 are my location hotkeys. the hotkey menu also tells me f9 is achievements, f10 is options menu, and f11 is messages. could someone please explain how the hell im supposed to use my location hotkeys. pressing them in game brings up the menus, only f8 works.

also i started off with only 2 placement matches, now im stuck at zero. help?


Yeah, this is a big problem, it's kinda funny how something this big slipped through the cracks since they actually went out of their way to change the location hotkeys. I don't know how i havn't heard it mentioned by more people.
I may not have the collectors edition, but my copy of sc2 is signed by Jaedong :D UPDATE: also by MC
Naf
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark68 Posts
July 10 2010 23:22 GMT
#511
I play Terran. and after the patch, when I have several barracks attached to the same key, I can't tab thought the different add-ons, I really hope it's a bug, and get's fixed, cause it's really frustrating...
queing up that second marine from the reactor in the next barracks with a tech lab, makes baby panda cry >_<
iEchoic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1776 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-11 00:49:02
July 11 2010 00:41 GMT
#512
The queue system is so terrible. It makes the game so frustrating. I just rage quit out of anger at this game for the first time since I've started playing it. I've lost two games now because I select a two factories, one with a reactor and one with a tech lab, press EE T to make two hellions and a thor, and it ends up making one hellion out of each factory and then queues the thor so by time mutas come to by base I have no defense.

Terran players have to manually go back to their base or click every single barracks/factory/starport individually from unit selection window every time they want to make units. Shit is stupid, how they got this garbage in the game I have no idea. I don't even feel like I'm playing the game, I feel like I'm fighting the interface. It takes about 4-5 more clicks every time I want to produce something now.

And then to add insult to injury they make it so you still have to tab between CC types to build SCVs, so you can't get use to one of the ways. You have to keep using them both, both of them in the worst possible situations.

/rant
vileEchoic -- clanvile.com
GhoSt[shield]
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2131 Posts
July 11 2010 03:41 GMT
#513
On July 11 2010 06:00 wzee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2010 04:03 GhoSt[shield] wrote:
On July 11 2010 00:37 wzee wrote:
For others suffering from the "authorized language pack", I just got in by mashing enter while attempting to login.
+ Show Spoiler +

EDIT:
(After more testing)
Some more detailed instructions, when first launching SC2, type in your password, hit enter two or three times till it takes you back to the connect page, type in your password again, and hit enter around 6 or 7 times in quick succession, congratulations you just logged in!

If you press enter to fast however, your SC2 will go non-responding... I guess Blizzard is trying to teach us the difference between APM and EAPM

One last thing, double-check to make sure your computer clock is set right.


Tried this for 5 minutes. Felt like a retard for mashing enter for 5 minutes. Did not work for me, good luck to everyone else. I have e-mailed support blizzard, I have re-installed 5 times on my computer, I don't see this resolved until Blizzard figures it out.

Edit:
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 10 2010 20:32 floor exercise wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2010 20:20 ZeitgeisT wrote:
Does nobody have a solution for the "language pack required"-problem?
Strange thing is, I could log in like three times but when trying to accept the terms I got disconnected somehow. After that, I got the "Language Pack Required" error message.

Have you tried going into your regional and language settings and changing your language + non unicode setting (system locale for win7/vista) to something else? Maybe US english


Tried this also, changed the language settings from ENglish Canada to English US, doesn't work also. This language pack issue is really hurting, I almost wish I had the prepaid WoW issue just so I could play a little bit of SC2


Here is a video showing how I eventually got on Phase 2, as well hopefully a successful enter-mash.

http://www.livestream.com/streamgame/video?clipId=pla_075bbfe8-12d8-45e0-9f9b-a0295a41a1b2



^^ ^^
This works. tried it out. Watch the video if you have the "Authorized language pack" issue. TY wzee for your PM and help in fixing this issue for me, I was pulling my hair out in exasperation. The mashing is not so effective, but the date changing is.
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51545 Posts
July 11 2010 06:12 GMT
#514
the game crashes everytime I load it up I tried everything but reinstalling because of crappy download rates.....hope patch 17 comes tomorrow.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
NotJack
Profile Joined December 2009
United States737 Posts
July 11 2010 08:41 GMT
#515
Is there any way to fix your placement matches remaining number going negative? It's been like that for a few days and shows no sign of changing.
Superouman
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
France2195 Posts
July 11 2010 10:36 GMT
#516
my placement matches are "2" from the beginning and i can't even seek games, i can choose race and 1v1 2v2 etc but "seek a game button" is grey...
same problem with joining personalized games. servers up but games down...
has someone the same problem?
Search "[SO]" on B.net to find all my maps ||| Cloud Kingdom / Turbo Cruise '84 / Bone Temple / Eternal Empire / Zen / Purity and Industry / Golden Wall / Fortitude / Beckett Industries / Waterfall
stalife
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada1222 Posts
July 11 2010 10:49 GMT
#517
is there a bug that makes ladder games not count..? I just played someone who mainly uses zerg on ladder, but random'ed. I won, but it counted as a "loss" for both of us, and no points were deducted. It seemed to count as a custom game or something .. . anyone else have this ?
www.memoryexpress.com
NickS1979
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-11 14:23:36
July 11 2010 12:16 GMT
#518
I'll start off that I stopped here because I heard you guys know everything about starcraft and could help me out.I try to update to the new patch and it downloads fine but once it starts to install the patch, it crashes. I have reinstalled the game and manually downloaded the patch and it still does it. I tried to post on blizzard's forums about it but it says I can't because I don't have a character. I don't have a character because I can't play the game because it won't install. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the game and still the same and I can't find anything from googling or forum searching. I forgot to add that the game worked great before the beta went down and this has become just a problem for patch 16
DreamOen
Profile Joined March 2010
Spain1400 Posts
July 11 2010 12:33 GMT
#519
Im getting an annoying message and its becoming impossible to get inside the game:

The patch "pc-battlenet-hdfiles\Support\Battle.net.dll" could not be applied. (CRC mismatch: expected 0xa7f5ef92, actual 0x8e0198a7.)(PTCApply_BSDiff failed.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate:TCApply)

Anyone knows how to fix it?
Tester | MC | Crank | Flash | Jaedong | MVP
BeMannerDuPenner
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Germany5638 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-11 12:49:04
July 11 2010 12:48 GMT
#520
On July 11 2010 21:33 DreamOen wrote:
Im getting an annoying message and its becoming impossible to get inside the game:

The patch "pc-battlenet-hdfiles\Support\Battle.net.dll" could not be applied. (CRC mismatch: expected 0xa7f5ef92, actual 0x8e0198a7.)(PTCApply_BSDiff failed.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate:TCApply)

Anyone knows how to fix it?


reinstall or gett the file from someone and hope it works.there is no other solution for mismatch errors.
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko88
SpeCial 35
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23597
firebathero 2391
Bisu 761
Hyuk 639
Horang2 439
BeSt 211
Larva 196
EffOrt 142
Mini 134
Light 127
[ Show more ]
Soma 115
Leta 103
Rush 78
ZerO 68
Killer 67
Barracks 67
ToSsGirL 53
Pusan 47
soO 46
Sexy 38
Sharp 38
Aegong 31
NaDa 27
Shinee 26
Mind 23
sorry 22
Bale 19
Sacsri 19
Hm[arnc] 18
Noble 12
zelot 11
Mong 11
JulyZerg 10
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
Fuzer 180
XaKoH 170
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1150
byalli971
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor984
crisheroes890
Other Games
gofns40428
singsing1781
olofmeister1045
B2W.Neo148
Mew2King94
ArmadaUGS55
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream170
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH57
• StrangeGG 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
2h 26m
OSC
11h 26m
CranKy Ducklings
23h 26m
Online Event
1d
FEL
1d 5h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.