• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:11
CEST 03:11
KST 10:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8297 users

[Spawn Larvae] Right Side Shift + Backspace Method - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
cyclone25
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Romania3344 Posts
May 17 2010 00:53 GMT
#41
Are we allowed to modify the hotkeys since Blizzard didn't implemented it? That's like hacking.
Let's say you use it online where no one can detect it, but are you allowed to use them at offline events? Like the recent Stars War for example.
[Agony]x90
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States853 Posts
May 17 2010 01:03 GMT
#42
I bet the people in Asia are like, "Oh wow, nice to know you discovered that. I've been doing it since before beta". :-p
JF dodger since 2009
Vexx
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States462 Posts
May 17 2010 01:12 GMT
#43
On May 17 2010 07:02 spinesheath wrote:
You generally should stay away from keyboard macros - they won't be allowed for competitive play.


Exactly how many of us do you think are going to get so good at SC and have the luxury of playing at a physical tournament where people can check what keyboard we use?

For the record, I think keyboard macros are fine. The less redundant shit people need to spend their time on, the more battle micro we can see. I'm not watching pros play so can I observe their uber queen injecting skills.

I don't mean to be rude or mean but I feel like this community has some ass backwards definitions of competitive standards/skills, probably born from the SC1 UI.
I am not nice.
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
May 17 2010 01:13 GMT
#44
MIND = BLOWN. So simple yet I never would have thought of it in quite a long time.

On May 17 2010 09:37 Tsagacity wrote:
I just wish I could use tilde instead of backspace.


Same here
Logo
Seraph.yongweihua
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada224 Posts
May 17 2010 01:18 GMT
#45
My mind is now blown.
onmach
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1241 Posts
May 17 2010 01:52 GMT
#46
I ended up remapping queen v to o. Now I put my pinky on o, queens on 0, index on backspace and do roughly what was described in the op. That is the only key I've felt the need to change. Not nearly as good as portrait casting was, but not bad.
epik151
Profile Joined February 2008
312 Posts
May 17 2010 02:02 GMT
#47
I have no problems with clicking minimap quickly. Maybe if there were 5-6 hatcheries in play.
Reuental
Profile Joined July 2009
United States457 Posts
May 17 2010 02:07 GMT
#48
On May 17 2010 10:12 Vexx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2010 07:02 spinesheath wrote:
You generally should stay away from keyboard macros - they won't be allowed for competitive play.


Exactly how many of us do you think are going to get so good at SC and have the luxury of playing at a physical tournament where people can check what keyboard we use?

For the record, I think keyboard macros are fine. The less redundant shit people need to spend their time on, the more battle micro we can see. I'm not watching pros play so can I observe their uber queen injecting skills.

I don't mean to be rude or mean but I feel like this community has some ass backwards definitions of competitive standards/skills, probably born from the SC1 UI.


The thing that makes the pros micro so amazing is that they can do it while multitasking like non other and not missing a beat. When you take the macro part out of the game it just makes it so much more mundane and normal if you can do something the pro can do easily.
I'm a Crab made of men.
Liquid`Sheth
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States2095 Posts
May 17 2010 03:44 GMT
#49
Interesting Idea. Very cool that you came up with this! =)
Team LiquidUnderneath it all they were really quite nice. They just got screwed up. Mostly by stuff that wasn't entirely their fault.
Wilder
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom33 Posts
May 17 2010 09:25 GMT
#50
I went into a custom game JUST to try this

Very nice find.
gg F10 n
ManiacTheZealot
Profile Joined December 2009
United States490 Posts
May 17 2010 09:37 GMT
#51
I'd just like to say that this is pretty awesome. I'm definitely going to try to learn it.
Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2959 Posts
May 17 2010 09:38 GMT
#52
Nice man, now that's really useful.

Hope Blizzard doesn't take THIS away ;o
WrathBringerReturns said: No no no. Sarcasm is detected in the voice. When this forum is riddled with stupidity, you think I can tell every post apart? Fair enough it was intended sarcastically, was it obvious? Of course not.
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
May 17 2010 12:56 GMT
#53
On May 17 2010 10:12 Vexx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2010 07:02 spinesheath wrote:
You generally should stay away from keyboard macros - they won't be allowed for competitive play.


Exactly how many of us do you think are going to get so good at SC and have the luxury of playing at a physical tournament where people can check what keyboard we use?

For the record, I think keyboard macros are fine. The less redundant shit people need to spend their time on, the more battle micro we can see. I'm not watching pros play so can I observe their uber queen injecting skills.

I don't mean to be rude or mean but I feel like this community has some ass backwards definitions of competitive standards/skills, probably born from the SC1 UI.


TL is mostly centered about progaming. Are you surprised that I am applying progaming standards?

Macros are considered an unfair competitive advantage. You are basically using a 3rd party program (the keyboard driver) during a match to improve your play.
I personally don't care what you use in silver leagues, but I don't want to go against players who are using macros in platinum.

Btw, there will be plenty of SC2 lans with tournaments, trust me. If you want to play in a tournament you will be able to. And even if it's online - if macros are forbidden I wouldn't use them. I've got my pride, I won't cheat to win (like many former BW players).
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Konsume
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada466 Posts
May 17 2010 13:38 GMT
#54
wow!! just wow!! :D

Thanks for posting this! I was litteraly clicking on the minimap
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
PanN
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2828 Posts
May 17 2010 13:45 GMT
#55
On May 17 2010 10:12 Vexx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2010 07:02 spinesheath wrote:
You generally should stay away from keyboard macros - they won't be allowed for competitive play.


Exactly how many of us do you think are going to get so good at SC and have the luxury of playing at a physical tournament where people can check what keyboard we use?

For the record, I think keyboard macros are fine. The less redundant shit people need to spend their time on, the more battle micro we can see. I'm not watching pros play so can I observe their uber queen injecting skills.

I don't mean to be rude or mean but I feel like this community has some ass backwards definitions of competitive standards/skills, probably born from the SC1 UI.


Ugh... no macros in competitive play ever please.
We have multiple brackets generated in advance. Relax . (Kennigit) I just simply do not understand how it can be the time to play can be 22nd at 9:30 pm PST / midnight the 23rd at the same time. (GGzerg)
koOma
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway462 Posts
May 17 2010 15:11 GMT
#56
honestly I think ur better off hotkeying all ur hatches and doing it manually, allows more control overall and it's not that much slower.
He wears a mask so when he dogs his face / Each and every race could absorb the bass /// ST_Life
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
May 17 2010 15:13 GMT
#57
Sounds like hacks to me. Needs to be nerfed.
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
May 17 2010 15:15 GMT
#58
So I tried it in game last night and it works well except there are potentially some problems...

If you don't have queens for every hatchery, or your queen is out of energy it can actually be slower than minimap or some other method of doing it (at least it was for me). You have to be careful not to try and vomit on a hatchery with no queen or all of your queens will start going haywire trying to walk to different hatcheries to vomit.
Logo
sooch
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada299 Posts
May 17 2010 15:22 GMT
#59
This method is super beneficial for ~3+ hatcheries, but if you're only on two base it seems faster to just click the minimap.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
May 17 2010 15:28 GMT
#60
Whoa, stealing this ASAPLY.
Moderator
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft413
CranKy Ducklings35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft413
CosmosSc2 61
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2144
Artosis 614
910 40
Dota 2
monkeys_forever592
Counter-Strike
taco 49
minikerr10
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox482
Other Games
summit1g9445
JimRising 605
C9.Mang0310
Maynarde141
ViBE127
ArmadaUGS46
Livibee1
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1017
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream133
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
9h 49m
Stellar Fest
11h 49m
The PondCast
1d 8h
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
OSC
1d 22h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.