• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:11
CEST 03:11
KST 10:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8297 users

[Spawn Larvae] Right Side Shift + Backspace Method - Page 11

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 Next All
Shadrak
Profile Joined August 2010
United States490 Posts
August 11 2011 13:13 GMT
#201
I changed backspace to an extra button on the right side of my mouse. By far beats reaching across the keyboard to use backspace.
Bouric
Profile Joined July 2011
United States18 Posts
August 11 2011 18:01 GMT
#202
Only downside is if you lose 1 or more of your queens this method becomes completely F'd.
Raikia
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Guernsey59 Posts
August 11 2011 18:04 GMT
#203
Backspace is the worst button for this, rebind it to spacebar because what that does by default is useless
walnutmon
Profile Joined July 2010
10 Posts
August 23 2011 12:52 GMT
#204
I rebound backspace to W and just started using this technique last night. For the last year (well, a good deal of time I've been on hiatus) I've used the mini-map clicking technique - I've been of the opinion "if it ain't broke, yada yada" - well, I can conclusively say, after only two matches of using this method, that it was broke and I had NO IDEA!

First off, this method, when done well is infinitely faster, you need zero click skills to execute it since your target is much bigger and it is in the same location on screen.

Second, the amount you learn about your macro, and the improvements that you will all of a sudden make when you see every base of yours once every 40 seconds is AMAZING. All of a sudden I'm no longer forgetting to put guys on gas - my tech is faster, my money is lower, my larva is like a fountain of FUCKING unending power.

I still have hesitation every time I go to perform this, which will subside in another day or so I'm sure, but the best part is that even though I'm not doing it that well yet, it's still much easier and faster than my old method.

Bouric: "Only downside is if you lose 1 or more of your queens this method becomes completely F'd."

This is something I used to believe until I tried it, the fact of the matter is, because you actually see every base every cycle you will be in a good position to know whether or not your intended queen is going to perform the inject. When I actually started doing this the first thing I realized was how intuitive it was, and even if you "mess up" you're still controlling all queens, so press "s" and all is right again. If you've lost a queen, or one base doesn't have one what you will end up doing is skip clicking on the hatch because you dont' see a queen, you'll just go "backspace - click - backspace - backspace - click"

That said, the fact that this function was mapped to backspace is beyond my comprehension. I don't just use it for injects now, I use it for teching and any other base building. It's just so damn useful.

Thanks!
MisterTea
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1047 Posts
August 23 2011 12:58 GMT
#205
I dont play zerg much at all but i changed my Capslock key to cycle base camera put queens on 1 hot key press shift/v and capslock/click, really easy and simple for someone that dont play zerg alot i dont miss injects on 3 bases + queens dont run away from their hatch
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
August 23 2011 13:12 GMT
#206
On August 12 2011 03:04 Raikia wrote:
Backspace is the worst button for this, rebind it to spacebar because what that does by default is useless


Maybe in your opinion... The spacebar makes multitasking sooo much easier. Muta harrassing, running lings around, injecting, and making units? no problem, spacebar lets you instantly jump to wherever you need to be looking at any given time.

I used to think it was useless too, then I started to play BW a little... and damn I couldn't have been more wrong. Much more useful in BW because it would jump to anywhere you spawned a unit as well making telling workers to mine much much easier.

I find consistent use of the spacebar also helps keep your eyes focused on the minimap (read, where you eyes should be) more because you want to see where the ping is coming from in order to decide if you need to change your camera.
Crosswind
Profile Joined May 2010
United States279 Posts
August 31 2011 12:51 GMT
#207
So, like 0 pros use this set-up. They all do hatches on 4, queens on 5-Whatever.

Any idea why?

-Cross
Jakkerr
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands2549 Posts
August 31 2011 12:58 GMT
#208
On August 31 2011 21:51 Crosswind wrote:
So, like 0 pros use this set-up. They all do hatches on 4, queens on 5-Whatever.

Any idea why?

-Cross


Pro's do use it.
Normally not in the early/mid game tho cuz with 2 hatcheries they just manually inject.
Idra uses it all the time on his stream.
And for this method u have to put all ur queens on 1 number and all ur hatches on another :p
boogiewizz
Profile Joined May 2011
Romania1 Post
September 09 2011 14:58 GMT
#209
well i actually bound Select Hatchery on ShiftSpace and I:

1. Select Queens
2. Press Shift-V while keeping Shift Pressed.
3. I tap Space > click > space ...

KoiKe-
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada24 Posts
September 09 2011 17:08 GMT
#210
This is even easier with space bar my thumb is slways on it why not using it -_-
indigoawareness
Profile Joined October 2010
Slovakia273 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 18:17:24
September 09 2011 18:13 GMT
#211
This is MrBitter's method, he's been doing this from the start.

The only problem is a queen will wander if you do not have one for every single hatch.
To sleep, perchance to dream.
uZcorruptor
Profile Joined July 2011
Austria4 Posts
October 03 2011 15:26 GMT
#212
i have 1 problem with this method if i bind all my queens on 1 hotkey and all hatcheries on 1. than i hit backspace and he switches to buildings and morphed units and some other stuff

pls need help
Invictus212
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom78 Posts
October 07 2011 00:59 GMT
#213
On May 17 2010 06:10 roark wrote:
Couldn't find a truly relevant thread to add this too. I discussed it in another thread when people were upset about the wire-frame casting be taken out. Yet without a video I don't think people understood how fast\good this was. So I made a video to demonstrate.

I think this is faster than Mini-Map casting and far more accurate. With practice it is super fast.

Check out the video demonstration here.

Basic Guide \ Idea

1. Put all queens on 1 hotkey.
2. Select queens.
3. Press Spawn Larvae hotkey.
4. Press Backspace once to center on a hatch.
5. Hold Right Side Shift. (With left hand thumb, do not release at all)
6. Click Left Mouse Button + Backspace (Hit backspace with left hand index\middle finger) <- Repeat this series of actions rapidly. Hitting LMB and Backspace over and over in succession.
7. All hatches are injected.

I numbered the hatcheries 1 through 6 in the video with supply depots, this helps show how fast you hop around and inject larvae.

Hopefully this is a technique other are using, or can find useful.




roark, thanks for sharing this tip. I'm experimenting with Zerg and this trick is making the transition so much easier. Larva inject is such a difficult thing to remember -- in addition to creep spread!
EvilZergling
Profile Joined September 2010
United States194 Posts
October 07 2011 16:43 GMT
#214
Waste of time using backspace, that's horrible. I can't imagine being in the middle of a battle with army hotkeys of 1,2,3 while still being able to move your hand across the keyboard to backspace......

Rebind backspace to "W" imo. All queens on 1 hotkey (mine is 5).

Tap 5, hold shift and tap W between hatcheries.
CC first, or die trying. [http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=438152#11]
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
October 07 2011 16:49 GMT
#215
I've got "backspace" functionality on one of my mouse side buttons. No need to move your keyboard hand, ezpz.
It's your boy Guzma!
Twixzter
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden4 Posts
October 16 2011 03:16 GMT
#216
Dunno dosnt work for me... when i do that it goes to the structure/unit i just created...
God do not exist, But I do
Shade_FR
Profile Joined June 2010
France378 Posts
October 16 2011 03:28 GMT
#217
On October 16 2011 12:16 Twixzter wrote:
Dunno dosnt work for me... when i do that it goes to the structure/unit i just created...


Backspace Key
[image loading]

Not Spacebar.
EU Zerg player - Streaming @ http://twitch.tv/shade_cst
Twixzter
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden4 Posts
October 16 2011 22:50 GMT
#218
hehe yeah i pressed the backspace didnt work for me so i switched it to W and it works perfect now


anyway ty for the tips m8
God do not exist, But I do
ODKStevez
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland1225 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-18 14:00:44
January 18 2012 13:58 GMT
#219
On May 17 2010 06:10 roark wrote:
Couldn't find a truly relevant thread to add this too. I discussed it in another thread when people were upset about the wire-frame casting be taken out. Yet without a video I don't think people understood how fast\good this was. So I made a video to demonstrate.

I think this is faster than Mini-Map casting and far more accurate. With practice it is super fast.

Check out the video demonstration here.

Basic Guide \ Idea

1. Put all queens on 1 hotkey.
2. Select queens.
3. Press Spawn Larvae hotkey.
4. Press Backspace once to center on a hatch.
5. Hold Right Side Shift. (With left hand thumb, do not release at all)
6. Click Left Mouse Button + Backspace (Hit backspace with left hand index\middle finger) <- Repeat this series of actions rapidly. Hitting LMB and Backspace over and over in succession.
7. All hatches are injected.

I numbered the hatcheries 1 through 6 in the video with supply depots, this helps show how fast you hop around and inject larvae.

Hopefully this is a technique other are using, or can find useful.




This has a major disadvantage in the sense that if you get dropped and lose 1 queen, your queens will start walking across the map. Really annoying. But I made a video on this for anyone that wants it explained better.

Luppa <3
Tiazi
Profile Joined February 2010
Netherlands761 Posts
January 18 2012 14:03 GMT
#220
On January 18 2012 22:58 ODKStevez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2010 06:10 roark wrote:
Couldn't find a truly relevant thread to add this too. I discussed it in another thread when people were upset about the wire-frame casting be taken out. Yet without a video I don't think people understood how fast\good this was. So I made a video to demonstrate.

I think this is faster than Mini-Map casting and far more accurate. With practice it is super fast.

Check out the video demonstration here.

Basic Guide \ Idea

1. Put all queens on 1 hotkey.
2. Select queens.
3. Press Spawn Larvae hotkey.
4. Press Backspace once to center on a hatch.
5. Hold Right Side Shift. (With left hand thumb, do not release at all)
6. Click Left Mouse Button + Backspace (Hit backspace with left hand index\middle finger) <- Repeat this series of actions rapidly. Hitting LMB and Backspace over and over in succession.
7. All hatches are injected.

I numbered the hatcheries 1 through 6 in the video with supply depots, this helps show how fast you hop around and inject larvae.

Hopefully this is a technique other are using, or can find useful.




This has a major disadvantage in the sense that if you get dropped and lose 1 queen, your queens will start walking across the map. Really annoying. But I made a video on this for anyone that wants it explained better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrnwNXY8S9g&feature=channel_video_title


hold shift and end your cycle with pressing "S". all your wandering queens will stop wandering.

AWWWWWWW YEAH!
"A brilliant yet deluded man once said, 'Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.' Gumiho is that agent of chaos." -monk
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft413
CranKy Ducklings35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft413
CosmosSc2 61
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2144
Artosis 614
910 40
Dota 2
monkeys_forever592
Counter-Strike
taco 49
minikerr10
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox482
Other Games
summit1g9445
JimRising 605
C9.Mang0310
Maynarde141
ViBE127
ArmadaUGS46
Livibee1
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1017
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream133
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
9h 49m
Stellar Fest
11h 49m
The PondCast
1d 8h
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
OSC
1d 22h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.