• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:11
CEST 03:11
KST 10:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8297 users

[Spawn Larvae] Right Side Shift + Backspace Method - Page 10

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 Next All
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
May 20 2011 20:34 GMT
#181
I'd like to know how you solve the problem that when you have three hatcheries and just 2 queens, one of your queens will start walking to your third if you mechanically go through all hatcheries and inject.
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
tallon777
Profile Joined June 2011
Spain4 Posts
June 07 2011 23:38 GMT
#182
Is there an advantage to use the shift key over holding pressed the inject larvae key?
I do
1. select queens control group
2. press and hold inject larvae key
3. click middle mouse (rebound from backspace) and left mouse key to inject
4. repeat 3 for each base
BleaK_
Profile Joined November 2010
Norway593 Posts
June 07 2011 23:41 GMT
#183
On May 21 2011 05:34 rEiGN~ wrote:
I'd like to know how you solve the problem that when you have three hatcheries and just 2 queens, one of your queens will start walking to your third if you mechanically go through all hatcheries and inject.


Press "S" at the end of the segment.
MarineRevenge
Profile Joined March 2011
United States7 Posts
June 08 2011 00:26 GMT
#184
remap backspace to spacebar and it works decently
EnTaroAdun411
Profile Joined March 2010
Philippines106 Posts
June 08 2011 01:14 GMT
#185
This is crazy. So crazy I have to start doing it.

Before I found this thread I had already set my mouse's back button as a secondary to backspace. and did 5-mouse back-V-left click per hatch. I thought it was the fastest way to inject.

After I found this I don't even have to move my left had to the right side of the keyboard. So my sequence of clicks and presses go like:

- 5 (to select all queens, I've always had them on 5)
- V
- mouse back (to center on the nearest hatch)
- hold left shift
- left click then mouse back depending on how many hatcheries I have

Far less clicks and presses than I usually did, meaning I get to inject my hatcheries faster and more time to do other important stuff.

It's a bit of work to unlearn my previous way to inject, but once I've got this down to a T, I hope to be the next zoyg macro beast. Lulz.
MigraineBoy#1957
galtdunn
Profile Joined March 2011
United States977 Posts
June 11 2011 20:32 GMT
#186
Okay, do this exact same thing, but change the backspace button to the tab (or if u like, caps). Then you can press V and hold SHIFT and still cycle without over-extending your reach.
Currently editing items in the DotA 2 wiki. PM for questions/suggestions.
Genome852
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States979 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-11 20:59:14
June 11 2011 20:56 GMT
#187
Binding the town camera to ` instead of backspace means you can use left shift and an easier to reach key for this. Having each queen on a seperate hotkey is slower but provides less potential for screwups IMO.

Edit: this thread is really old....
shiNe.
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada120 Posts
June 27 2011 01:21 GMT
#188
Omg I hope blizzard doesn't patch this!! This will help zergs so much
DeCoup
Profile Joined September 2006
Australia1933 Posts
June 27 2011 01:52 GMT
#189
I have a G101 (Works on G15, G18 etc too) and have bound backspace to the G key directly to the left of the left shift. I use my index for shift and middle for G11 (backspace).

I only play Zerg if I random, so for me using a layout which is not accepted by tournaments is not an issue.

Just a note: Blizzard has no problem with software based keybindings of any kind as long as they are single press. Making G11 backspace or middle-click backspace is fine by them. It is only macros/chains of keys that they are against. You still couldn't use it in a tournament ofc, but it is not against the EULA etc.
"Poor guy. I really did not deserve that win. So this is what it's like to play Protoss..." - IdrA
Rinnegan5
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands319 Posts
June 27 2011 03:45 GMT
#190
Allready doing this..I rebound backspace to tilde though..since I like having everything on the left side of the keyboard.
RockshellGW
Profile Joined November 2010
93 Posts
June 27 2011 04:12 GMT
#191
After learning about this I was so impressed that I found ways to implement it as Protoss, after rebounding to spacebar I now use it to cronoboost and transfer workers. 8D
shiNe.
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada120 Posts
June 27 2011 05:07 GMT
#192
This method Made my Zerg considerably better
darcore
Profile Joined October 2010
Belgium10 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-27 11:59:05
July 27 2011 11:55 GMT
#193
On June 08 2011 08:41 BleaK_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2011 05:34 rEiGN~ wrote:
I'd like to know how you solve the problem that when you have three hatcheries and just 2 queens, one of your queens will start walking to your third if you mechanically go through all hatcheries and inject.


Press "S" at the end of the segment.

so simple yet so effective.

many thanks sir!
now i can spam inject without pausing to look if there's a queen at each hatch ^_^
will help my lategame.

(next step: not forgetting to keep adding new queens to the controlgroup...)
IPFreelly
Profile Joined July 2011
1 Post
August 11 2011 11:13 GMT
#194
Hi guys I need some help. When i press backspace once to center on a hatch it does not center....its really anoying...once it is in the upper right corner, once at the bottom of the screen every time it is in a different location. Can someone help me and tell what i am messing up.
Thanks in advance.
Azureflames
Profile Joined August 2010
United States35 Posts
August 11 2011 11:31 GMT
#195
On August 11 2011 20:13 IPFreelly wrote:
Hi guys I need some help. When i press backspace once to center on a hatch it does not center....its really anoying...once it is in the upper right corner, once at the bottom of the screen every time it is in a different location. Can someone help me and tell what i am messing up.
Thanks in advance.


Are you hitting backspace or spacebar?
firehand101
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3152 Posts
August 11 2011 11:32 GMT
#196
On June 27 2011 12:45 Rinnegan5 wrote:
Allready doing this..I rebound backspace to tilde though..since I like having everything on the left side of the keyboard.

Same here. Do you use grid aswell? I find having everything on one side is so much better
The opinions expressed by our users do not reflect the official position of TeamLiquid.net or its staff.
captive411
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States80 Posts
August 11 2011 12:21 GMT
#197
I prefer the minimap method. This way I can keep an eye on my army out in the field and minimize the time I'm looking in my base.
twitter.com/stormcrack
Schnullerbacke13
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1199 Posts
August 11 2011 12:39 GMT
#198
if you map backspace to space and put all queens into one hotkey group, you can do superfast inject like 5 hatcheries in one second
21 is half the truth
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-11 12:57:32
August 11 2011 12:47 GMT
#199
I map backspace to caps lock. Very comfortable, because it's just above shift, which must be held.
On August 11 2011 20:13 IPFreelly wrote:
Hi guys I need some help. When i press backspace once to center on a hatch it does not center....its really anoying...once it is in the upper right corner, once at the bottom of the screen every time it is in a different location. Can someone help me and tell what i am messing up.
Thanks in advance.
That shouldn't happen on Blizzard / ladder maps. It can happen on very small maps (eg: 32x32), or where the starting location is extraordinarily close to the borders.
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
klops
Profile Joined June 2010
United States674 Posts
August 11 2011 12:53 GMT
#200
i love how there's a thread for this the night i'm looking for new methods of larvae injecting.

good lookin out, TL.
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft413
CranKy Ducklings35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft413
CosmosSc2 61
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2144
Artosis 614
910 40
Dota 2
monkeys_forever592
Counter-Strike
taco 49
minikerr10
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox482
Other Games
summit1g9445
JimRising 605
C9.Mang0310
Maynarde141
ViBE127
ArmadaUGS46
Livibee1
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1017
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream133
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
9h 49m
Stellar Fest
11h 49m
The PondCast
1d 8h
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
OSC
1d 22h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.