• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:38
CEST 16:38
KST 23:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon104
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6637 users

TL Fitness Initiative (Weight Loss/Gain) - Page 40

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 119 Next
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
July 08 2009 18:27 GMT
#781
90s 500m row is actually very good. It's pretty close to advanced/elite if you're less than 165 lbs.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-08 18:51:11
July 08 2009 18:49 GMT
#782
On July 08 2009 11:05 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2009 07:32 zizou21 wrote:
What is a good workout to straighten the "computer-nerd posture"? Anyone know? Deadlifts?


Good posture will fix it the most... just sitting with your chest out, shoulders back, head pulled back, chin tucked.

But to work those muscles pretty much you wanna strengthen your back up (scapular retraction)... so bent over rows, rowing, inverted rows,... pretty much anything except upright rowing.

You can also work stuff with scapular depression and elevation but technically not needed. With shoulders forward they're protracted all the time so you wanna work your retractors to get them back.


hey I dont have the gym equipment to do bent over rows, rowing, or inverted rows. Is there anything I can do at home w/ dumbbells?

and do deadlifts do anything? Am i just wasting my time?

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
YoungModerN
Profile Joined April 2009
Brazil389 Posts
July 08 2009 18:58 GMT
#783
im trying to lose some weight, about 15 lb..

im running every day aprox. 40~45 min and eating no carbs at night (soybean and 2 eggs)
at lunch i eat rice, soybean and salad or vegetables..
i lost 8 lb in 2 weeks.. i´ll try to stay focus =)
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-08 19:16:35
July 08 2009 19:16 GMT
#784
On July 09 2009 03:49 zizou21 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2009 11:05 eshlow wrote:
On July 08 2009 07:32 zizou21 wrote:
What is a good workout to straighten the "computer-nerd posture"? Anyone know? Deadlifts?


Good posture will fix it the most... just sitting with your chest out, shoulders back, head pulled back, chin tucked.

But to work those muscles pretty much you wanna strengthen your back up (scapular retraction)... so bent over rows, rowing, inverted rows,... pretty much anything except upright rowing.

You can also work stuff with scapular depression and elevation but technically not needed. With shoulders forward they're protracted all the time so you wanna work your retractors to get them back.


hey I dont have the gym equipment to do bent over rows, rowing, or inverted rows. Is there anything I can do at home w/ dumbbells?

and do deadlifts do anything? Am i just wasting my time?

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


all you need is a dumbbell and something to bend over to do bent over rows..
so unless ur house is completely empty u should be able to do them

I used to do them kneeling on my bed
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
July 08 2009 20:24 GMT
#785
oh, im an idiot
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
jyhlol
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
243 Posts
July 08 2009 21:05 GMT
#786
Well I'm currently working out to try to gain some weight as i'm currently underweight for my height. I've been doing regular workout routines like bench pressing, rows and even curls. Just wondering if deadlifts would be a good idea.. I don't have a trainer nor do I go to a gym atm, so I'm kind of worried about doing the lift correctly. I'll be starting with lower weights of course (130-150lbs). So basically, I was wondering if the lift is worth the time to do. Thanks.
hwasin, zero, really fan
psion0011
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada720 Posts
July 08 2009 21:13 GMT
#787
Well, someone doing only deadlifts would probably gain more muscle mass than you doing your entire current routine. That's how good it is. Deadlifts and squats are tied for being the best mass/strength lifts.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
July 09 2009 01:04 GMT
#788
On July 09 2009 06:13 psion0011 wrote:
Well, someone doing only deadlifts would probably gain more muscle mass than you doing your entire current routine. That's how good it is. Deadlifts and squats are tied for being the best mass/strength lifts.


Exactly. If you wanna gain muscle ANYWHERE on your body you should be doing DL and squats.

Since you're pushing heavy weight and your body is under so much stress from so many muscles being used it puts out a lot of anabolic hormones which makes it easier for your whole body to grow.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
The Storyteller
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
Singapore2486 Posts
July 09 2009 02:12 GMT
#789
On July 09 2009 03:49 zizou21 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2009 11:05 eshlow wrote:
On July 08 2009 07:32 zizou21 wrote:
What is a good workout to straighten the "computer-nerd posture"? Anyone know? Deadlifts?


Good posture will fix it the most... just sitting with your chest out, shoulders back, head pulled back, chin tucked.

But to work those muscles pretty much you wanna strengthen your back up (scapular retraction)... so bent over rows, rowing, inverted rows,... pretty much anything except upright rowing.

You can also work stuff with scapular depression and elevation but technically not needed. With shoulders forward they're protracted all the time so you wanna work your retractors to get them back.


hey I dont have the gym equipment to do bent over rows, rowing, or inverted rows. Is there anything I can do at home w/ dumbbells?

and do deadlifts do anything? Am i just wasting my time?

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I only have dumbbells too and althopugh my workout is far from ideal, it has fixed my posture.

There are some videos on youtube and websites that teach dumbbell deadlifts, one arm dumbell rows and dumbbell bench presses.

I'm very sure deadlifts helped me with posture. At the end of one, I feel myself using the same muscles I use to stand up straight.
ActualSteve
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States627 Posts
July 10 2009 03:27 GMT
#790
Who said the internet was all about the fat people?
You are now breathing manually.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
July 10 2009 21:36 GMT
#791
Just a quick question for everyone who's doing this:

How do you feel after you go a day in which you know you should have stayed on your diet and workout and stuff, and you didn't do any of those things?.

I feel like shitty right now, didn't went for a run today, I'm not working out, and I drank soda fuck my life .
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
YoungModerN
Profile Joined April 2009
Brazil389 Posts
July 10 2009 21:54 GMT
#792
i didnt ran today cuz its was rainning a lot here
i stayed in my diet, so i´ll run tomorrow for sure
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
July 10 2009 22:30 GMT
#793
Yeah, it has been raining quite a bit here too .

South america so weird right now haha
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
PaeZ
Profile Joined April 2005
Mexico1627 Posts
July 10 2009 22:36 GMT
#794
On July 11 2009 07:30 funkie wrote:
Yeah, it has been raining quite a bit here too .

South america so weird right now haha


Mexico as well we have Tropical storms coming from the pacific ocean :p .
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
July 11 2009 03:04 GMT
#795
On July 11 2009 06:36 funkie wrote:
Just a quick question for everyone who's doing this:

How do you feel after you go a day in which you know you should have stayed on your diet and workout and stuff, and you didn't do any of those things?.

I feel like shitty right now, didn't went for a run today, I'm not working out, and I drank soda fuck my life .


For me mate, I don't even try and compensate for my gluttony, because it doesn't happen all the time. I just continue with my routine as if nothing had happened. I mean if I for some reason had McDonald's for lunch, I would still continue to have my 3pm meal, pre and post workout meal and same size dinner. Even if I had missed my workout I still wouldn't try to strain myself the next day to make up for it by exercising twice as hard or eating half as much.

Don't even think about it.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
YoungModerN
Profile Joined April 2009
Brazil389 Posts
July 11 2009 03:46 GMT
#796
damn
i came back from a barbecue now.. ate some meat and drunk some beers.. at least i have a soccer tomorrow =)
Medzo
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States627 Posts
July 11 2009 04:33 GMT
#797
Ive been following scoobysworkshop (listed in OP) for awhile. Solid advice there and I very highly recommend it. I am trying to gain some weight, been working at it for a few months and I have seen some results. Best to just keep at it and don't expect large gains to come quickly.
-_-
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States7081 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-11 04:35:56
July 11 2009 04:34 GMT
#798
eh, might as well half blog in here.

I feel really good this week. I got my three lifting days in mo we fri. I'm a starting strength fiend. I used to bodybuild. And doing squats, power cleans, and deadlifts feels so strange to me still. And I've been doing them for about 6 months. I guess that's expected, though, as I've been doing bicep curls since I was 14.

My squat form is solid and safe. Deadlift I'm confident in. Power clean... hmmm truth is I don't know. And I'm not sure any more reading will help me. I think I'm doing them right. And considering my back is locked in when the bar is below my knees, and I rotate my elbows to get the weight off my wrists at the top, I guess I'm not hurting myself. So there's no downside to doing them. Though I'd kill to have a coach tell me "you're doing it right!"

I'm considering adding in cardio on off days. But I'm already feeling so good I wonder if its necessary. And when I do run on nice days it feels so easy!

I'm >6'1 btw (people always tell me I'm taller than that though, but I haven't measured) and n0ow I'm in the 220s. I used to be about 240. I feel really healthy. I'd like to get below 200 though.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
July 11 2009 04:59 GMT
#799
On July 11 2009 12:04 Energies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2009 06:36 funkie wrote:
Just a quick question for everyone who's doing this:

How do you feel after you go a day in which you know you should have stayed on your diet and workout and stuff, and you didn't do any of those things?.

I feel like shitty right now, didn't went for a run today, I'm not working out, and I drank soda fuck my life .


For me mate, I don't even try and compensate for my gluttony, because it doesn't happen all the time. I just continue with my routine as if nothing had happened. I mean if I for some reason had McDonald's for lunch, I would still continue to have my 3pm meal, pre and post workout meal and same size dinner. Even if I had missed my workout I still wouldn't try to strain myself the next day to make up for it by exercising twice as hard or eating half as much.

Don't even think about it.


Nah I never do that, I am actually pretty tired by the time I end my workout (like really tired haha).

So I was just wondering what's everyone's take on this, like these kind of thing don't happen a lot, I'm pretty strict with my routine/workout meals and whatnot. ;p.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
July 11 2009 08:43 GMT
#800
Yo Travis and others..
When I do bent over rows I don't feel it in my back at all (unlike deadlifts). Is this normal? I only feel it in my arms from lifting the weight up to my chest

looks a bit like this wen i do it
[image loading]

its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 119 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 943
WardiTV839
OGKoka 263
Rex141
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 281
Rex 144
ProTech140
Codebar 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2866
Shuttle 1731
EffOrt 859
BeSt 694
Light 401
firebathero 341
Mini 315
ZerO 270
Stork 268
ggaemo 250
[ Show more ]
Rush 178
Barracks 111
Zeus 79
Shine 70
Sea.KH 66
Killer 60
sorry 42
Hyun 37
Mong 34
Shinee 31
Aegong 29
Sexy 28
Bale 26
ToSsGirL 26
Terrorterran 20
soO 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
Sacsri 11
yabsab 9
zelot 7
Noble 5
Dota 2
qojqva3580
Dendi1807
BananaSlamJamma359
LuMiX1
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes589
Other Games
singsing2266
hiko1165
B2W.Neo827
Liquid`RaSZi442
Lowko354
Pyrionflax223
Sick217
Liquid`VortiX205
ArmadaUGS107
Mew2King38
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream551
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
lovetv 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH300
• mYiSmile110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2210
• Nemesis1559
• TFBlade605
Other Games
• WagamamaTV274
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 22m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 22m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 22m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.