• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:48
CEST 01:48
KST 08:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7360 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 86

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 84 85 86 87 88 234 Next
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-19 18:24:19
January 19 2016 18:24 GMT
#1701
Sup guys. I am using RPT atm. for my program but kinda need more structure.

Squat
Deadlift
Machine benchpress (dont really wanna do normal bench press without spotter)
Press
Dips
Chins

So I was thinking just alternating workouts for 3 times a week:
A
Sq
Pres
Chin

B
Benchpres
DL
Dips

Does this make sense? Cheers and happy new year to you all.
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
RvB
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands6322 Posts
January 19 2016 18:41 GMT
#1702
What a crazy story. Not sure if doping is actually a leveler though. I don't know a lot about it but I assume some people respond better to doping than others. Another issue is that finding a new and improved version of the doping you use will decide whether you win or not.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
January 19 2016 19:19 GMT
#1703
On January 20 2016 03:41 RvB wrote:
What a crazy story. Not sure if doping is actually a leveler though. I don't know a lot about it but I assume some people respond better to doping than others. Another issue is that finding a new and improved version of the doping you use will decide whether you win or not.


Yes, some people respond better to doping than others, but it's in the same sense that some people are naturally inclined to any given sport in the first place. It's really trading one set of advantaged people for another set.

I always think of it as hilarious when people go on a crusade against certain people using PEDs in sports, like the manning/HGH thing from earlier this football season. If only people really understood how many people in pro sports are actually on something.
Philozovic
Profile Joined August 2012
France1677 Posts
January 20 2016 15:17 GMT
#1704
I just pulled à 7min40s on a 2K I was at 9min 40 mid October and 8min20 mid november
Sub 7k for 2016 seems pretty doable !
INnoVation is the absolute best | I wept for i knew his words to be true
Thalandros
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Netherlands1151 Posts
January 21 2016 01:27 GMT
#1705
On January 19 2016 08:53 phyre112 wrote:
the levers thing is completely overblown on the internet. If you want to compete in powerlifting ,squat low bar. If you have long legs, your knees will come a little bit further forward to compensate. If you want athletic carry over squat with a hybrid setup, and if you want to be a weightlifter, squat high bar; your knees will come even further forward to compensate. All three of them will be a little bit more difficult, but it absolutely doesn't matter, because it's not like you're going to be able to do anything that will change your proportions.

Pick a style, and grind it out. If you aren't squatting over 500 pounds and feel like something is holding you back, it's something else besides lever lengths.

I'm 6'4, I have long legs, and I let that be (part of) my excuse for far too long, when the real problem was too little sleep (especially this) a poor routine and just not pushing myself hard enough.

Kinda what I figured. Thanks to you guys who replied. My squat form was terrible until 2 weeks ago, I deloaded back to like 90lbs and am now grinding back up again because I just caved as soon as I got down to the bottom of the squat.

For some reason though, my right hip hurts on my first 3 squat sets.. After warmup and maybe one working weight set it's gone, but my left hip has no issues. It seems my right hip is slightly more mobile too based off stretches I do. Should I be concerned? It's actual pain in the hole - not ''tightness'' or ''soreness''.



|| ''I think we have all experienced passion that is not in any sense reasonable.'' ||
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
January 21 2016 15:21 GMT
#1706
If you feel sharp pain anywhere when squating you should stop immediately
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 22 2016 20:23 GMT
#1707
HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT FINALLY HAPPENED I HIT A PR AFTER TWO YEARS. 232KG SQUAT. Oh and I was hungover and hadn't eaten anything wtf lol. Just went to the gym to get a sweat going and kept putting on weight and finally nailed 232. Felt like nothing, didn't even grind through the sticking point. Got a meet coming in 3 weeks to qualify for nationals so I'll take this as a good sign ^_^
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
January 22 2016 20:32 GMT
#1708
Nice.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
January 22 2016 20:51 GMT
#1709
congrats
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
January 22 2016 21:38 GMT
#1710
What's the ratio of PRs accomplished properly rested and those done with a hangover lol. Feels like you've done this before.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
January 22 2016 21:55 GMT
#1711
On January 23 2016 05:23 decafchicken wrote:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT FINALLY HAPPENED I HIT A PR AFTER TWO YEARS. 232KG SQUAT. Oh and I was hungover and hadn't eaten anything wtf lol. Just went to the gym to get a sweat going and kept putting on weight and finally nailed 232. Felt like nothing, didn't even grind through the sticking point. Got a meet coming in 3 weeks to qualify for nationals so I'll take this as a good sign ^_^

Wait, is this 2016 or did I accidentally open up the 2012 thread?
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
January 22 2016 22:03 GMT
#1712
Congrats!

I think being tired or otherwise not 100% (as long as you're not physically injured/ debilitated) gives a mindset that helps. + Show Spoiler +
Not exactly weightlifting, but I remember one time in college when I was a RA and had been up for ~20 hours preparing for a freshman welcome thing-- basically each hall does a coordinated thing to music so was running around all day for rehearsals and stuff. After we won second place I somehow managed to pick up my friend + his girlfriend and spin them around without much effort. I'm going to guess they're about 250 - 300 lbs combined. I squat like 180 for reference.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 22 2016 23:36 GMT
#1713
On January 23 2016 06:38 mordek wrote:
What's the ratio of PRs accomplished properly rested and those done with a hangover lol. Feels like you've done this before.


Honestly it's probably over 50% I figured it would slow down as my PRs got higher and it gets relatively harder every time to hit a new PR but it really hasn't lol
On January 23 2016 06:55 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2016 05:23 decafchicken wrote:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT FINALLY HAPPENED I HIT A PR AFTER TWO YEARS. 232KG SQUAT. Oh and I was hungover and hadn't eaten anything wtf lol. Just went to the gym to get a sweat going and kept putting on weight and finally nailed 232. Felt like nothing, didn't even grind through the sticking point. Got a meet coming in 3 weeks to qualify for nationals so I'll take this as a good sign ^_^

Wait, is this 2016 or did I accidentally open up the 2012 thread?


Hahaha
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
January 24 2016 14:10 GMT
#1714
So I've been dealing with this glute issue for awhile now. I feel a short sharp pain in the middle of my left glute when I squat. Usually happens when I'm coming out of the hole, and when my knees come in during the squat it hurts the most. It doesn't appear when I pull Sumo, but when I pull Convi it does. Any idea wtf is going on? Haven't been on a proper training cycle since Oct cos of this.

Today I wanted to yolo and try to see how much squatting strength I lost, but happy I can still match my PR of 4 plates. How's it look?

“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
January 24 2016 18:40 GMT
#1715
Are you sure it's muscular? Maybe it's the hip labrum?
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
January 25 2016 09:56 GMT
#1716
So I'm going to start working out again since I am recently single and have a lot of time on my hands at this new college campus.

The thing is I am around 130ish lbs, 5'7, and a hard gainer with very low BMI. On top of that I am also a committed vegan which means I don't eat any animal products (meat, cheese, eggs, etc.)

Due to these constraints and past experience I think it would be unrealistic for me to try to get buff or bulky... so I have decided that I am interested in aiming for a skinny ripped physic (sometimes called "otter-mode").

What I am curious about is if anyone has any links to any resources that could help me. Most fitness stuff I see isn't very helpful for me since it's either geared towards getting buff, losing weight, or a non-vegan diet.

If anyone could give me any guidance it would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
January 25 2016 12:08 GMT
#1717
I see a bunch of baseless assumption.

What you need to do is lift progressively heavier loads starting with good technique with wathever you can start and put on some muscle.

Look for "Starting Strength" online.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 25 2016 15:26 GMT
#1718
Why are you vegan?

Same rules apply to you as they do to everyone. If you eat more you will be able to put on more muscle. You can still hit your fat/carb/protein requirements, it's just going to be a bit harder/more expensive as a vegan. As gotunk! said a general progressive loading program like starting strength is generally the best place for people to start if you want to get stronger and add muscle (which will lead to better physique). I'm not sure how you plan on getting 'skinny ripped' if you think getting buff or losing weight aren't helpful to you :-p
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
January 25 2016 18:35 GMT
#1719
Before you start going to the gym you have to shop around for the body you like best. That way you don't accidentally end up looking like a ridiculous bodybuilder.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
January 25 2016 19:24 GMT
#1720
I am vegan for non-fitness related reasons.

Hmm I might have misconceptions about working out and I'm sorry.

When I last worked out I was told by a personal trainer that I had to eat what sounded like a ridiculous amount of protein to bulk up and honestly it was not something I could sustain on my diet.

I'm just trying to see if there are other types of body ideal to aim for that aren't as protein intensive.
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
Prev 1 84 85 86 87 88 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 664
Artosis 543
White-Ra 128
910 42
Dota 2
monkeys_forever514
NeuroSwarm178
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv125
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe121
PPMD79
Heroes of the Storm
Trikslyr99
Other Games
summit1g8055
shahzam615
JimRising 438
C9.Mang0328
ArmadaUGS76
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick654
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream327
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 126
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 12m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.