• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:37
CEST 02:37
KST 09:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8913 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 85

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 234 Next
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
January 13 2016 16:23 GMT
#1681
too good to be true? soybean ramen, the fucking macros holy shit

[image loading]
[image loading]
Garbels
Profile Joined July 2010
Austria653 Posts
January 13 2016 16:50 GMT
#1682
3$ for 22g soy protein?
Does not sound good for me.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
January 13 2016 18:00 GMT
#1683
Soy protein is poison. Avoid it at all cost; you shouldn't take that even if they payed you for it.
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
January 13 2016 18:02 GMT
#1684
Wtf does "82% organic" even mean?

Anyway, after coming back from my injury, I've been slowly working back up to where I was. I hit 315x5 on DL yesterday and 182.5 for 3x5 for front squats today. I'm feeling better than I have a in long time. Being home is kind of shitty even though I like working out in my basement. It sucks that all of my friends have left to go back to college already, but such is life I guess.
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
January 13 2016 18:42 GMT
#1685
There's nothing wrong with soy protein, the media report about it causing a large decrease in testosterone was erroneous reporting
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-13 19:00:26
January 13 2016 18:59 GMT
#1686
On January 14 2016 03:42 ticklishmusic wrote:
There's nothing wrong with soy protein, the media report about it causing a large decrease in testosterone was erroneous reporting


I post this every few months. VERY NSFW

http://chaosandpain.blogspot.cl/2010/09/soy-is-devil-and-not-in-fun-way.html?zx=acab99463ccdb9eb
http://chaosandpain.blogspot.cl/2010/09/soy-is-devil-and-not-in-fun-way-22-12.html
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 13 2016 20:05 GMT
#1687
On January 14 2016 03:02 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Wtf does "82% organic" even mean?


For something to be labeled 'organic certified' 95% of the incredients must be 'organic compliant'. They probably didn't meet the threshold for organic certification and had to list the % if they want to included 'organic' on the label. I work for a beverage company and we're dealing with all this certification bullshit for some stuff we're developing. Side note, organic things are not more expensive because they are better products, you are paying for certification costs, increased transportation/storage costs, marketing, and profits.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Garbels
Profile Joined July 2010
Austria653 Posts
January 13 2016 22:37 GMT
#1688
Surely, even in the US, there is more to organic food than just bureaucracy.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-14 00:04:30
January 14 2016 00:02 GMT
#1689
On January 14 2016 05:05 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2016 03:02 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Wtf does "82% organic" even mean?


For something to be labeled 'organic certified' 95% of the incredients must be 'organic compliant'. They probably didn't meet the threshold for organic certification and had to list the % if they want to included 'organic' on the label. I work for a beverage company and we're dealing with all this certification bullshit for some stuff we're developing. Side note, organic things are not more expensive because they are better products, you are paying for certification costs, increased transportation/storage costs, marketing, and profits.

What you mean to say is that all organic products are not created equal (as paradoxical as that sounds ) There is quite a big difference between an item in the grocery store with a USDA certified "Organic" label and some farmers market produce that also qualifies as "Organic." The scale and size of the production/delivery chain at hand, while certainly important with normal goods, becomes even more price influential when a large regulatory hoop meant to guarantee a "higher quality" of item gets added to the mix.


People that buy into the "Organic" hype but then purchase their "Organic" food from a normal grocery store seem a little bit......confused if you ask me anyway
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
January 15 2016 14:07 GMT
#1690
A little lifting update from me Hit a milestone this morning, squatting 2x bodyweight!
+ Show Spoiler +

For fun, here's me failing with 4 plates. I think I may have had it but my chest came down half way through and then I almost passed out at the sticking point. RIP
+ Show Spoiler +


p.s. ESPORTS4LYFE
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
January 15 2016 14:32 GMT
#1691
Grats man, I'm jelly.

4 plate was so close though.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
January 15 2016 16:28 GMT
#1692
Thanks! Couldn't keep all the pressure in my belly so my head nearly exploded. Otherwise I had it easy
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 15 2016 16:51 GMT
#1693
Congrats!

When you going to join the high bar dark side xD
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
January 15 2016 17:25 GMT
#1694
On January 16 2016 01:51 decafchicken wrote:
Congrats!

When you going to join the high bar dark side xD

I did high bar until I broke into 300. My upper back just gets tweaked with that much weight on top. I switched and haven't had irritation since after squatting. I'd rather high bar
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 15 2016 20:06 GMT
#1695
get bigger traps, duh
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
January 18 2016 13:56 GMT
#1696
is soy protein lower quality than whey protein? What about hemp or any other plant protein?
Thalandros
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Netherlands1151 Posts
January 18 2016 19:59 GMT
#1697
So a bit of a general question here.


I'm trying to figure out the best squat method for me. I'm 6'2 and have quite long legs and somewhat long arms (not quite as long in proportion to my legs though). In relation to my chest/stomach area anyway. I've watched quite a bit of videos on this and all I keep seeing is that my composition is just not made to squat easily and naturally, and that I'll have quite a bit of lean (and won't be able to keep upright as much as shorter, more in proportion-guys). I'm fine with that.


But here comes the question. Squatting low bar is usually used to move the most weight. But can a guy that is built like me (think Layne Norton, just way less muscular, strong, and possibly less drugs haha) not be out of the ordinary and maybe benefit more from high bar squats? Up to this point I've squatted low bar most of the time and don't feel a difference in the weight I can move, but I don't squat very much or for a super long time.


I'd love to hear experiences, especially from guys that are built like me.


To illustrate, this is what I mean:

[image loading]
|| ''I think we have all experienced passion that is not in any sense reasonable.'' ||
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
January 18 2016 23:53 GMT
#1698
the levers thing is completely overblown on the internet. If you want to compete in powerlifting ,squat low bar. If you have long legs, your knees will come a little bit further forward to compensate. If you want athletic carry over squat with a hybrid setup, and if you want to be a weightlifter, squat high bar; your knees will come even further forward to compensate. All three of them will be a little bit more difficult, but it absolutely doesn't matter, because it's not like you're going to be able to do anything that will change your proportions.

Pick a style, and grind it out. If you aren't squatting over 500 pounds and feel like something is holding you back, it's something else besides lever lengths.

I'm 6'4, I have long legs, and I let that be (part of) my excuse for far too long, when the real problem was too little sleep (especially this) a poor routine and just not pushing myself hard enough.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-19 01:15:59
January 19 2016 01:13 GMT
#1699
On January 18 2016 22:56 zulu_nation8 wrote:
is soy protein lower quality than whey protein? What about hemp or any other plant protein?


Don't use soy.

You can try hemp if you want. Some people like it.

Why not whey though?

On January 19 2016 04:59 Thalandros wrote:
So a bit of a general question here.


I'm trying to figure out the best squat method for me. I'm 6'2 and have quite long legs and somewhat long arms (not quite as long in proportion to my legs though). In relation to my chest/stomach area anyway. I've watched quite a bit of videos on this and all I keep seeing is that my composition is just not made to squat easily and naturally, and that I'll have quite a bit of lean (and won't be able to keep upright as much as shorter, more in proportion-guys). I'm fine with that.


But here comes the question. Squatting low bar is usually used to move the most weight. But can a guy that is built like me (think Layne Norton, just way less muscular, strong, and possibly less drugs haha) not be out of the ordinary and maybe benefit more from high bar squats? Up to this point I've squatted low bar most of the time and don't feel a difference in the weight I can move, but I don't squat very much or for a super long time.


I'd love to hear experiences, especially from guys that are built like me.


To illustrate, this is what I mean:

[image loading]


Yeah, you just need to work on your mobility more. I think high bar squats are healthier long-term for the back and hips but that's just my opinion. If your goal is to move as much weight as possible just keep low-bar squatting while working on mobility. You would probably benefit from lifting shoes with a raised heel more if your legs are really long because it increases the ankle ROM.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-19 01:20:22
January 19 2016 01:19 GMT
#1700
The DIY Scientist, the Olympian, and the Mutated Gene

Really fascinating article about the intersection of genetics and athletics. It has a Canadian sprinter who is jacked out of her mind. She looks clearly on steroids, but has a genetic mutation:

Luckily, Kris Mychasiw, Priscilla’s agent, is an extraordinarily nice guy. And he also knew that Priscilla constantly faced steroid whispers because of her musculature. After she won the Olympic bronze in 2008, some media in Europe began to openly accuse her. She ran at one meet in France specifically so that she could address the French media.


[image loading]


Cases like this I think vitiate the arguments made by anti-doping advocates for "purity" of sport. Why are we restricting doping when nobody is on a level playing field to begin with? If you are going to talk about excellence in sports competition and performance doping is a leveler.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2478
Artosis 685
White-Ra 116
910 44
Dota 2
monkeys_forever586
NeuroSwarm201
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv300
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe160
Other Games
summit1g8893
shahzam598
JimRising 575
C9.Mang0316
ArmadaUGS60
RuFF_SC29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick790
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream334
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• davetesta20
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 23m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 23m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 23m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.