• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:48
CEST 01:48
KST 08:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7360 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 87

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 234 Next
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-25 19:29:31
January 25 2016 19:29 GMT
#1721
On January 26 2016 04:24 puppykiller wrote:
I am vegan for non-fitness related reasons.

Hmm I might have misconceptions about working out and I'm sorry.

When I last worked out I was told by a personal trainer that I had to eat what sounded like a ridiculous amount of protein to bulk up and honestly it was not something I could sustain on my diet.

I'm just trying to see if there are other types of body ideal to aim for that aren't as protein intensive.

In that case I would just eat the most protein I could sustainably

It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
January 25 2016 19:39 GMT
#1722
On January 26 2016 04:24 puppykiller wrote:
I am vegan for non-fitness related reasons.

Hmm I might have misconceptions about working out and I'm sorry.

When I last worked out I was told by a personal trainer that I had to eat what sounded like a ridiculous amount of protein to bulk up and honestly it was not something I could sustain on my diet.

I'm just trying to see if there are other types of body ideal to aim for that aren't as protein intensive.


Sorry, can't be fit without protein.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
January 25 2016 20:02 GMT
#1723
Damn there goes that.
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
RvB
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands6322 Posts
January 25 2016 20:17 GMT
#1724
There must be protein rich food which vegans can eat? Anyway I don't think you should worry that much. I've never looked at my protein or calorie intake. I just eat a lot and work out and gained 13 kgs or so. I am no vegan so that does make things a lot easier. Just work out and eat and you'll get a nice body. Not everyone has to squat 200kg.
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
January 25 2016 20:33 GMT
#1725
It's very difficult to navigate fitness advice because there is a lot of contradictory philosophies running concurrently and a lot of people with strong opinions. Every time I browse fitness advice I get lost in different gurus who each promote there methods like its the best. Coming in as an outsider it feels impossible to know who to listen to...

But really I am not trying to get buff. I am just trying to get a six pack and a bit more muscle tone.
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
January 25 2016 20:51 GMT
#1726
You should be asking yourself what "muscle tone" even is.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
January 25 2016 20:56 GMT
#1727
shouldn't be hard to get enough protein eating vegan, especially when you weigh so little. Tofu, beans, soy, nuts, etc.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-25 22:05:41
January 25 2016 21:54 GMT
#1728
guys, guys, its 2016 what's going on

i went to the gym today after ... a while of my car not working and costing me £££££££££s in getting buttfucked and instead spending £££££ on takeaways and taxis and feeling miserable as shit every week and literally just "hanging in there" for the sake of my mom and prove myself in new job instead of giving up (spent most days on the verge of tears, infact i cried in the car the other day to a britney spears song go figure). whats it been ? say 2 months no gym maybe more

just now ate 400g of salmon and 1kg?? maybe 750g or something of veg and now go to bed lol

got in my 34 mins on the treadmill, i spent 31 minutes of that time moaning loud as shit like i was actually being buttfucked (no joke i couldnt shut up for 30 mins it was sick. i was flapping about behind this insanely fit blonde like a zombie stumbling after her groaning nonstop rofl )

i smoked only at christmas party / day after and new yrs eve / day after in the last ... 5 ish months (actually maybe 4? honestly havent been counting, which is a good sign). official quiterino after billion attempts? looks like it.............

i'm like 95kg probably , able to do 2x2 pullups max , regularly got tightness/near cramp in the back of my calfs (hint: i die of thrombosis/stroke soonish??) , but well i'm still here ready for another round of trying

other than quit smoking i also still learning the guitar "ok" but not getting very far on full time work hours :|

Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 25 2016 22:25 GMT
#1729
On January 26 2016 04:24 puppykiller wrote:
I am vegan for non-fitness related reasons.

Hmm I might have misconceptions about working out and I'm sorry.

When I last worked out I was told by a personal trainer that I had to eat what sounded like a ridiculous amount of protein to bulk up and honestly it was not something I could sustain on my diet.

I'm just trying to see if there are other types of body ideal to aim for that aren't as protein intensive.


Most science points to .8-1g of protein per pound of bodyweight. Idk what the hell vegans eat for protein but it can't be TOO hard to hit 100-130g a day

On January 26 2016 05:33 puppykiller wrote:
It's very difficult to navigate fitness advice because there is a lot of contradictory philosophies running concurrently and a lot of people with strong opinions. Every time I browse fitness advice I get lost in different gurus who each promote there methods like its the best. Coming in as an outsider it feels impossible to know who to listen to...

But really I am not trying to get buff. I am just trying to get a six pack and a bit more muscle tone.


Yeah that's how the fitness industry is because everyone has to carve out a niche for themselves. Basic dietary guidelines and simple progression of a few compound lifts is the answer for 90% of people's fitness goals but it's not very sexy and doesn't sell much. Getting a six pack is 90% diet. If you have low enough bodyfat, you'll have abs. How good you'll look besides that is another story. Increasing muscle tone is almost always achieved through adding on muscle then cutting fat. In short, weight training + caloric surplus = more muscle. Then you reduce your calories to shed fat and your new found muscle looks better.

We often come off a bit crass here but we're super nice and helpful i promise
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
January 26 2016 00:04 GMT
#1730
I'm getting hooked on crossfit . I think I had more fun training today than I did in the last 3 months.
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
January 26 2016 06:07 GMT
#1731
Thanks for all the responses guys, very helpful

With my weight I would be looking at around 100g of protein a day.Next time I go shopping I will see what kind of meals that would entail.

And I guess for exercises I will have to keep doing research. I always get bogged down at this part since there is so many options for different work-out routines. Personally I wish I could mostly do pull-ups/push-ups/ab exercises but I don't know how realistic that is for my goals.

Anyway I am excited and thanks
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
RvB
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands6322 Posts
January 26 2016 08:37 GMT
#1732
On January 26 2016 09:04 GoTuNk! wrote:
I'm getting hooked on crossfit . I think I had more fun training today than I did in the last 3 months.

How? Whenever I see crossfit I want to kill myself.

On January 26 2016 15:07 puppykiller wrote:
Thanks for all the responses guys, very helpful

With my weight I would be looking at around 100g of protein a day.Next time I go shopping I will see what kind of meals that would entail.

And I guess for exercises I will have to keep doing research. I always get bogged down at this part since there is so many options for different work-out routines. Personally I wish I could mostly do pull-ups/push-ups/ab exercises but I don't know how realistic that is for my goals.

Anyway I am excited and thanks

Like Gotunk said just look up starting strength. Or something like stronglifts. There really aren't that many exercises which you have to do to become fit.
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
January 26 2016 08:45 GMT
#1733
There is also plenty of great information from this forum distilled in our stickies: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sports/261928-general-training-recommendations
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 26 2016 14:00 GMT
#1734
On January 26 2016 09:04 GoTuNk! wrote:
I'm getting hooked on crossfit . I think I had more fun training today than I did in the last 3 months.


Remember, crossfit is a gateway drug. Soon you'll be doing kipping pull ups and sets of 50 'ground to overhead'
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-26 16:45:14
January 26 2016 16:44 GMT
#1735
On January 26 2016 23:00 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2016 09:04 GoTuNk! wrote:
I'm getting hooked on crossfit . I think I had more fun training today than I did in the last 3 months.


Remember, crossfit is a gateway drug. Soon you'll be doing kipping pull ups and sets of 50 'ground to overhead'


Barbell cycling is quite cool ;(

Yesterday I did 4 rounds of 120kgx10 deadlift, 25 row calories. ;d
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
January 26 2016 17:13 GMT
#1736
IMO Crossfit gets a bad rap from a bunch of idiots

Protein for vegans would be legumes-- beans, peas, lentils that kind of stuff. Soy too, but I know some of ya'll hate that stuff. I promise it's okay for you though unless you're on supplements and/or have really weird specific genetics.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-26 19:53:55
January 26 2016 19:51 GMT
#1737
On January 26 2016 05:33 puppykiller wrote:
It's very difficult to navigate fitness advice because there is a lot of contradictory philosophies running concurrently and a lot of people with strong opinions. Every time I browse fitness advice I get lost in different gurus who each promote there methods like its the best. Coming in as an outsider it feels impossible to know who to listen to...

But really I am not trying to get buff. I am just trying to get a six pack and a bit more muscle tone.

That's really because everything works, at least for a while. Just doing SOMETHING and putting 100% into it will get you a hell of a lot further than the average person ever does, because the average person half asses it for a while and then quits because it's hard.

"getting muscle tone" is achieved in two steps. First you have to actually, you know, build the muscle, then second you try to remove the fat that's sitting on top of it.

For now with your goals, just in general up your protein intake as much as you reasonably can sustain, and start a basic barbell lifting routine. It will be slower than if you weren't vegan, but that's part of the price you pay for your lifestyle choice. When you're moving some heavier weights and have that underlying muscle, you can worry about dropping fat and "getting a six pack."
On January 26 2016 17:37 RvB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2016 09:04 GoTuNk! wrote:
I'm getting hooked on crossfit . I think I had more fun training today than I did in the last 3 months.

How? Whenever I see crossfit I want to kill myself.

I loved crossfit for the ~6 months I was doing it, and competitive crossfit is pretty damn impressive to watch IMO. Maybe you just need more exposure.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-26 20:46:34
January 26 2016 20:04 GMT
#1738
man i made it into day 2. and didn't buy a two for tuesday pizzas. * eating 650g veg fried in butter and mixed with xxxg cheese*


On January 27 2016 02:13 ticklishmusic wrote:

Protein for vegans would be legumes-- beans, peas, lentils that kind of stuff. Soy too, but I know some of ya'll hate that stuff. I promise it's okay for you though unless you're on supplements and/or have really weird specific genetics.


for lunch today i had mixed beans with boiled eggs from the superstore deli . eggs and mxied beans (cold) is actually fucking amazing, you guys should try it. only problem is beans seem to all come in tins afaik. maybe its something to look into tho.

also i have a tin of kidney beans mixed with my salmon and mixed veg and its better than you could expect . the beans really add to the carbness flavour of the veg and give it a satisfying finish.

spoke to a girl in the gym today, said "mind i dont kick you in the face", im such a playa


does anyone else gyms have the heating on because its "winter" making it insanely hot and they cant wear their fuckin headphones coz too hot -___- wtf why don't these gyms have temperature control if they're charging £45/month . my new gym isn't BAKING like the last one but again i'm sure they have the heating on and the treadmills have 0 cooling (tiny home fan at the front of the steppers like 20 feet away from my treadmill lol wtf). why you have the heating on when 50 close quarters bodies are trying to run for 30 mins is beyond me. i've literally gotta switch to earphones now coz its beyond working around
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 26 2016 21:07 GMT
#1739
My gym doesn't have heating. Or air conditioning. #justcrossfitthings

On January 27 2016 04:51 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2016 17:37 RvB wrote:
On January 26 2016 09:04 GoTuNk! wrote:
I'm getting hooked on crossfit . I think I had more fun training today than I did in the last 3 months.

How? Whenever I see crossfit I want to kill myself.

I loved crossfit for the ~6 months I was doing it, and competitive crossfit is pretty damn impressive to watch IMO. Maybe you just need more exposure.


Nah. Been lifting at xfits for years and have less zero desire to do it lols
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-26 22:58:55
January 26 2016 22:58 GMT
#1740
On January 27 2016 02:13 ticklishmusic wrote:
IMO Crossfit gets a bad rap from a bunch of idiots

Protein for vegans would be legumes-- beans, peas, lentils that kind of stuff. Soy too, but I know some of ya'll hate that stuff. I promise it's okay for you though unless you're on supplements and/or have really weird specific genetics.


You promise based on what? And what do you mean by "supplements"?
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 664
Artosis 543
White-Ra 128
910 42
Dota 2
monkeys_forever514
NeuroSwarm178
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv125
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe121
PPMD79
Heroes of the Storm
Trikslyr99
Other Games
summit1g8055
shahzam615
JimRising 438
C9.Mang0328
ArmadaUGS76
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick654
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream327
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 126
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 12m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.