• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:41
CEST 23:41
KST 06:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8165 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 71

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 69 70 71 72 73 234 Next
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
September 15 2015 09:06 GMT
#1401
How the hell is your bench at 85kg with those DL/squat numbers?? I mean everyone has a weak lift I suppose but that just seem way out of reasonable range.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-15 11:59:39
September 15 2015 11:55 GMT
#1402
If you are planning to bench 85kg do 75-80-85, the rest seems fine.

Nice Squat.
It's odd you deadlift the same as you squat.
Work on your bench, it sucks.

Also, wtf

mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-15 13:18:03
September 15 2015 13:16 GMT
#1403
On September 15 2015 18:06 zatic wrote:
How the hell is your bench at 85kg with those DL/squat numbers?? I mean everyone has a weak lift I suppose but that just seem way out of reasonable range.

I actually double checked my mental math because yeah this seems to be an area you could pick up a few kg easily. Awesome progress though!

Also, I'm glad we had the squat conversation. Now I won't be paranoid about my knees coming in a bit coming out of the hole as long as my ankle/knee isn't collapsing.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
September 15 2015 15:34 GMT
#1404
On September 15 2015 18:06 zatic wrote:
How the hell is your bench at 85kg with those DL/squat numbers?? I mean everyone has a weak lift I suppose but that just seem way out of reasonable range.


Mine's just as bad lol. If I'm healthy enough to bench for a few months it's probably around 120-130 with 220+ on squat and dl :p
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
September 16 2015 03:42 GMT
#1405
When I started lifting I couldn't really bench because I had a prior shoulder injury, and I always enjoyed squatting more than pulling, I've gone through months where I did not touch the deadlift. Kinda regret it now though.

I also find it easier to get hyped up for a squat than for any of the other lifts, so that may be another reason.
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-18 04:24:20
September 18 2015 04:10 GMT
#1406
bought squid for the first time, has great macros apparently.

I've been eating my first meal at around 4-5pm everyday and fasting for 16 hours for the past week. Not sure if it's the food I'm eating but even though I'm losing weight overall, I'm retaining more fat in my gut compared to when I ate normally. I know it could be a lot of factors. Fasting is if anything, really convenient, and not too hard mentally after a while. Been lifting a lot on an empty stomach too and haven't noticed any difference.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
September 18 2015 04:32 GMT
#1407
285 squat for 3x3 tonight. Final rep got a bit grindy because my weight came forward, but I still managed just fine. I think I'm likely capable of a 315 single right now, but I'm not going to try it because the program is working and I'm not going to screw with it. Also pulled a 355 deadlift triple. I pulled 355 for basically 3 quick singles (~30 seconds to breathe and reset between them)on tuesday, but with some ugly back rounding. Went up beautifully today, but 365 was not budging. I think my setup was off - hips too high, knees too far forward. My squat is rapidly catching up to my DL, but that's good. My squat has always been relatively weak.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
September 18 2015 05:00 GMT
#1408
How do you know you are retaining more fat in your gut?
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
September 18 2015 05:02 GMT
#1409
mirror and feel
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
September 18 2015 05:04 GMT
#1410
Do you mean gut or do you mean subcutaneous fat over your abs? Are you saying that you haven't noticed a change despite losing weight or that it's actually getting worse?
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
September 18 2015 05:11 GMT
#1411
Is a week really even enough time to be seeing noticeable changes to that area anyway? I know salt & carb & water intake can, for me, make a bigger swing from day to day than gaining or losing 10 lbs of actual bodyweight would.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-18 05:14:53
September 18 2015 05:13 GMT
#1412
What's the difference between gut and subcutaneous fat over abs?

I gained about 5lbs or so before I started fasting from eating a lot and cuz I was stalling in the gym. I probably got rid of most of it over close to two weeks. I look slimmer, but I was around the same weight or a bit lighter than now over the summer, and my waist and lower stomach had less fat and my abs were slightly clearer, I had less fat around my lower pecs too.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
September 18 2015 05:22 GMT
#1413
Could be your diet. Could be that you preferentially lose fat from those other areas first, especially after quickly gaining lbs of fat. Could be because you had a tan earlier. Hard to tell. I don't think it's the fasting though.

Gut fat is hard and makes your stomach protrude like a beer belly. You can't pinch it with your skin over your muscles:
[image loading]

Subcutaneous fat over your stomach region is like subcutaneous fat everywhere, and lies underneath the skin. It is for the most part pinchable, if you aren't especially obese:

[image loading]
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
September 18 2015 05:24 GMT
#1414
I only have subcutaneous fat then, is there special anything I can do about it besides calories and cutting down sugar?
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-18 05:34:26
September 18 2015 05:31 GMT
#1415
A few months ago my dad was diagnosed with (not too serious) diabetes. Out the window went things like sugar and, more importantly, pasta for the old man. After reading about diabetes and seeing how my dad had to change his habits I decided to basically do it along with him.

Well, for the last 3ish months the amount of times I've had a sugary drink or junk/fast food I can probably count on 2 hands. In that time I've gone from 195 pounds to 176. I'm oddly finding it somewhat addicting NOT being addicted to sugary shit and other junk. Having a goal or discipline to stick to is pretty satisfying. I know I'm living healthier and looking/feeling better while doing it. I've also tried to walk and exercise much more than I have before and stuff like the health app on my phone is really helping me with that by actually showing me tangible numbers I can work towards.

I really wish more people, especially in the US, would actually look at how horrible all the crap we eat is, and how it's just turning us fat and diabetic. Seriously, 77 grams of sugar in one Mountain Dew bottle...
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
September 18 2015 05:42 GMT
#1416
On September 18 2015 14:24 zulu_nation8 wrote:
I only have subcutaneous fat then, is there special anything I can do about it besides calories and cutting down sugar?


No. Squat every day maybe.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
September 18 2015 09:10 GMT
#1417
On September 18 2015 13:10 zulu_nation8 wrote:
bought squid for the first time, has great macros apparently.

I've been eating my first meal at around 4-5pm everyday and fasting for 16 hours for the past week. Not sure if it's the food I'm eating but even though I'm losing weight overall, I'm retaining more fat in my gut compared to when I ate normally. I know it could be a lot of factors. Fasting is if anything, really convenient, and not too hard mentally after a while. Been lifting a lot on an empty stomach too and haven't noticed any difference.


Don't make assumptions because of how you see yourself in the mirror over the course of a couple of weeks. The mirror is lying to you! As a long time obese human being with massive weight swings all the time: You cannot trust yourself when you look in the mirror.

And as has been said, within a couple of weeks there are way too many influencing random elements. I cannot count the times where I had the same diet and lifestlye for a whole month and the scale did not move at all for three weeks only to lose 5lb during the next.

If you are convinced you are doing the right things (exercise more, eat better), then you will get results. Just be more patient.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
September 18 2015 09:46 GMT
#1418
Malinor is alive!
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
September 18 2015 10:01 GMT
#1419
Oh, he has been around, just in the Running/Cycling thread
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
September 18 2015 11:13 GMT
#1420
Yeah well, working as a consultant, I just cannot lift consistantly. Therefore, my numbers are just embarassing

Running is just so much easier to organize and it is also very rewarding right now.

I joined a weightlifting club a while back though and I have started to learn the Clean & Jerk :-)

But I really miss being strong.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Prev 1 69 70 71 72 73 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O143
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 167
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14821
Dewaltoss 172
ZZZero.O 143
firebathero 107
Hyuk 87
Terrorterran 23
Dota 2
febbydoto57
NeuroSwarm26
League of Legends
Doublelift3795
Counter-Strike
Fnx 798
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6561
Other Games
summit1g6578
FrodaN2624
fl0m812
mouzStarbuck365
KnowMe255
ToD249
ArmadaUGS156
Mew2King47
Railgan45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1124
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream97
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 43
• musti20045 36
• Adnapsc2 15
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen105
Other Games
• imaqtpie816
• Shiphtur217
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 19m
INu's Battles
14h 19m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
17h 19m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 19m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 18h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.