• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:58
CEST 05:58
KST 12:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9534 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 69

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 234 Next
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
September 05 2015 00:33 GMT
#1361
My lower back has been hurting, I saw a school nurse, she said to stop lifting for a few months and only walk or swim for exercise since those are the only things that won't aggravate it. She did some simple tests and said she didn't think it was a disc issue. It's like a specific spot on the right side of my lower back, feels pretty deep, my right foot/hamstring goes numb sometimes depending on how I'm sitting or lying down. It started to hurt after squats too, I haven't deadlifted in a while. The pain started when I had to stand up for hours each day for a job, it would stop when I walked or sat down. I'm guessing I should see a physical therapist for a second opinion, and obviously not lifting for months is not realistic. I've gotten heat pads, started taking painkillers, etc. Any advice?
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-05 01:44:26
September 05 2015 01:30 GMT
#1362
On September 05 2015 08:22 phyre112 wrote:
I like to add an egg, some spicy brown mustard, and Frank's red hot then make my tuna into patties. Pan fry, because they don't stick well enough to grill and then eat them like any other burger. The taste is much more mild once you heat tuna, and it moistens up pretty well too in my experience.


Do you happen to have any kind of recipe for me, or just rough amounts? That sounds really good, I'd definitely like to try it.

On September 05 2015 09:33 zulu_nation8 wrote:
My lower back has been hurting, I saw a school nurse, she said to stop lifting for a few months and only walk or swim for exercise since those are the only things that won't aggravate it. She did some simple tests and said she didn't think it was a disc issue. It's like a specific spot on the right side of my lower back, feels pretty deep, my right foot/hamstring goes numb sometimes depending on how I'm sitting or lying down. It started to hurt after squats too, I haven't deadlifted in a while. The pain started when I had to stand up for hours each day for a job, it would stop when I walked or sat down. I'm guessing I should see a physical therapist for a second opinion, and obviously not lifting for months is not realistic. I've gotten heat pads, started taking painkillers, etc. Any advice?


Whenever I've had pain in my back, working out generally did not make it better, and it did not just magically go away most of the time. Obviously seeing a physical therapist is the most desirable thing to do. Outside of that, I would take cut out any back exercise for 1-2 weeks (plus squats and ab work), take multivitamins, and eat properly. Then have one week that's lower on the weight, making sure you have perfect form before going back to where you were before. If everything is back to normal, then great. If not - that's when you definitely want to see a therapist.

I know it takes like a month to just get back to where you were before, but it's my way of just being safe. And just focus even more on form than you normally would... Sometimes a minor injury is a helpful reminder to maintain that perfect form, not going past your range of motion, etc.


In other news, I'm 165.5lbs at the moment. That is 28 pounds down on one year ago, 20lbs from 6 months ago, and 10lbs down from beginning of summer. A lot of this loss I'm sure is due to not working out due to my injury in the last weeks, but it feels nice to not feel overweight.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
September 05 2015 01:54 GMT
#1363
Taking a few months off won't fix anything. Find a sports therapist or chiro who can actually attempt to fix the issue.

I now belong to the 500 pound club. 230kg Back Squat:

FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-05 02:31:56
September 05 2015 02:31 GMT
#1364
Umm I had surgery, so it will ^^. And I don't think that's fair to say, a lot of the time, it can go away. I've had issues before, and it could have been due to poor eating, not enough eating, questionable form, making something worse from a minor non-workout injury, etc. I was just suggesting an alternative to not seeing a chiro, when I made it clear that it was the best option available.

Regardless, congrats on the 500lb.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
September 05 2015 03:35 GMT
#1365
I meant to say he should actively try to solve the issue and not stop training hoping it goes away.

Also, if you definetately can't use your lower back hard, you can still bench, pull ups, rows, abs and other fuckton lifts.
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-05 03:57:44
September 05 2015 03:51 GMT
#1366
On September 05 2015 12:35 GoTuNk! wrote:
I meant to say he should actively try to solve the issue and not stop training hoping it goes away.

Also, if you definetately can't use your lower back hard, you can still bench, pull ups, rows, abs and other fuckton lifts.


Yep, I suggested in my post to stop back exercises, squat, and deadlift... But still do the other ones.

I'm an amateur, but I wouldn't do rows when my lower back hurts, you still activate it a decent bit (just hard to notice when you're very healthy, and when you're doing dumbbell rows, you use your lower back to get into position). Would not do my abs or core either. I'd also potentially be hesitant about doing anything that puts a lot of weight on your spine, which is like any kind of military press.

But to conclude, as we both said, going to a professional is almost always the suggested advice for most injuries from what I've seen in this thread. It can be something little, but it can also be something shitty, and it's difficult to self-diagnose - better to be safe than sorry.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-07 04:02:48
September 07 2015 04:01 GMT
#1367
So I'm down about 25ish lbs to around ~217 after 4 months of adding cardio (rowing and prowler pushing mostly) into the mix, and eliminating dessert from my meals. I feel better than I did last summer at the end of a bulk, and I think I prefer walking around at a lighter weight.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
September 07 2015 04:45 GMT
#1368
that's a really nice physique

#nohomo
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
September 07 2015 19:23 GMT
#1369
Anyone make their own pre-workout?
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-07 19:26:17
September 07 2015 19:25 GMT
#1370
Yeah, I mix C4 and water together xD

Sick squat gotunk. 230 is my best olympic squat too :D

Igne is a fatty lose some weight
+ Show Spoiler +
nice aesthetics
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
September 07 2015 21:45 GMT
#1371
On September 08 2015 04:23 mordek wrote:
Anyone make their own pre-workout?


I make variations of Dat's Swole Drink which I stole from elsewhere. There is a lot of gym-scientific rationale for making it this way that I can try and explicate or reproduce if interested:

6 grams of L-Leucine
4 grams of L-Alanine
3 grams of L-Glycine
8 - 25 grams of L-Glutamine **

75 ml of coconut water or plain water
75 ml of Lemon Juice
stevia to taste

in ~2 liters of water
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
September 08 2015 01:09 GMT
#1372
On September 08 2015 06:45 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2015 04:23 mordek wrote:
Anyone make their own pre-workout?


I make variations of Dat's Swole Drink which I stole from elsewhere. There is a lot of gym-scientific rationale for making it this way that I can try and explicate or reproduce if interested:

6 grams of L-Leucine
4 grams of L-Alanine
3 grams of L-Glycine
8 - 25 grams of L-Glutamine **

75 ml of coconut water or plain water
75 ml of Lemon Juice
stevia to taste

in ~2 liters of water

Awesome thanks. If you have the time I'd definitely read it but no pressure.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
September 08 2015 01:21 GMT
#1373
4 weeks from my first meet - does this look like IPF depth?

“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
September 08 2015 02:41 GMT
#1374
Most of them do.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
September 08 2015 02:45 GMT
#1375
Nice job Azera :D
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
September 08 2015 02:58 GMT
#1376
On September 08 2015 10:21 Ehzera wrote:
4 weeks from my first meet - does this look like IPF depth?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLuJRPYaBY8


I'm not an expert, but I think the 1st one was high (the highest), second and third were good, 4th was questionable, 5th was better than the 4th, and the 6th was the lowest of them all. 4 or 5 out of 6 not bad. Nice squat.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
September 08 2015 05:24 GMT
#1377
On September 07 2015 13:01 IgnE wrote:
So I'm down about 25ish lbs to around ~217 after 4 months of adding cardio (rowing and prowler pushing mostly) into the mix, and eliminating dessert from my meals. I feel better than I did last summer at the end of a bulk, and I think I prefer walking around at a lighter weight.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


what store are you in?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
September 08 2015 23:29 GMT
#1378
On September 08 2015 10:09 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2015 06:45 IgnE wrote:
On September 08 2015 04:23 mordek wrote:
Anyone make their own pre-workout?


I make variations of Dat's Swole Drink which I stole from elsewhere. There is a lot of gym-scientific rationale for making it this way that I can try and explicate or reproduce if interested:

6 grams of L-Leucine
4 grams of L-Alanine
3 grams of L-Glycine
8 - 25 grams of L-Glutamine **

75 ml of coconut water or plain water
75 ml of Lemon Juice
stevia to taste

in ~2 liters of water

Awesome thanks. If you have the time I'd definitely read it but no pressure.

Also interested in where you purchase from.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
September 09 2015 02:37 GMT
#1379
On September 09 2015 08:29 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2015 10:09 mordek wrote:
On September 08 2015 06:45 IgnE wrote:
On September 08 2015 04:23 mordek wrote:
Anyone make their own pre-workout?


I make variations of Dat's Swole Drink which I stole from elsewhere. There is a lot of gym-scientific rationale for making it this way that I can try and explicate or reproduce if interested:

6 grams of L-Leucine
4 grams of L-Alanine
3 grams of L-Glycine
8 - 25 grams of L-Glutamine **

75 ml of coconut water or plain water
75 ml of Lemon Juice
stevia to taste

in ~2 liters of water

Awesome thanks. If you have the time I'd definitely read it but no pressure.

Also interested in where you purchase from.


The point of the drink is to enhance cell swelling since swelling enhances anabolism:

• Increase in taurine efflux by activating taurine transport pathways
• Decrease in protein breakdown and increase in synthesis
• Stimulation of urea synthesis and ammonia formation from amino acids
• Decrease in glycogenolysis, glycolysis and glucose-6-phosphatase activity
• Increase in alanine uptake
• Increase in glycine oxidation
• Increase in lipogenesis by decreasing carnitine palmitoyl transferase

"However, as long as the amino acid load is present, the cell swelling continues, because the potassium, taurine, and other osmolyte efflux keep the swelling from becoming excessive. Therefore, in the presence of certain "organic osmolytes" (such as specific amino acids, alanine, glutamine, glysine), the cell remains slightly swollen, thus transmitting the signals associated with high cellular hydration (such as Protien synthesis). The degree of amino acid-induced cell swelling seems to be related largely to the steady state of the intra- or extracellular amino acid concentration gradient." - Neal F. Spruce and C. Alan Titchenal, Sports Nutrition: Fats and Proteins


Only possible negative is increase in lipogenesis but that can be prevented in other ways.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
September 09 2015 03:41 GMT
#1380
Anyone have any advice/resources on wrapping or taping ankles? I think I sprained mine mildly friday, then re-shingled my parents roof over the weekend, making it MUCH worse than it originally was. I have rugby practice wed/thur/friday and a match on saturday that I'd like to tape it for.

Hit a 250 squat for 3x5 today, which ties an all time PR I set like.... three years ago? maybe longer? Wanted 5x5 but my sleep and eating has been horrible due to trip to parents. Going for 280 3x3 anyway on thursday, though I'll probably hold volume day to my goal from today next time it rolls around. Also weighed in at 198.3 lbs which is the most I've ever weighed (and MUCH leaner than the last time my weight was close to this - about two inches less on my waist than when I last weighed 195. Gotta keep gaining though; 265/120kg powerlifting class here I come (someday*)
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 625
Larva 80
NaDa 56
Leta 51
TT1 19
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 690
Other Games
summit1g10174
WinterStarcraft424
Mew2King110
ViBE82
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1360
BasetradeTV243
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1099
• Lourlo797
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 2m
INu's Battles
8h 2m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 2m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
Replay Cast
19h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.