• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:27
CEST 08:27
KST 15:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9560 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 67

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 234 Next
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
August 26 2015 13:11 GMT
#1321
If you haven't tried car pushes yet you should. You'll feel wrecked (in the good way) in like 4 pushes of 50m. I do recommend not pushing up a slight incline unless you really want a challenge.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
JinDesu
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3990 Posts
August 26 2015 13:37 GMT
#1322
I wouldn't recommend an incline unless you have someone watching you lol... even if the incline is slight.
Yargh
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
August 26 2015 13:41 GMT
#1323
On August 26 2015 22:37 JinDesu wrote:
I wouldn't recommend an incline unless you have someone watching you lol... even if the incline is slight.

I almost made an edit to clarify Obviously like 10+ degree incline is insane (just throwing a degree out there). But even something that looks basically flat can make a huge difference if it's actually an incline.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
August 26 2015 14:09 GMT
#1324
Do car pushes involve an actual car?
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
August 26 2015 14:19 GMT
#1325
Yes. You push a car in neutral. Need a buddy in the driver seat
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
August 26 2015 14:36 GMT
#1326
On August 26 2015 17:28 Osmoses wrote:
I hadn't yet gotten into lifting when I lost my appendix, there's a silver lining for you. I sure hope you managed to take a piss afterwards, or you're gonna get a catheter stuck in your dick for like a week.

I was at the gym yesterday but I didn't lift. Instead, I had purchased a pair of running sneakers and I went on the treadmill for an hour. So many years have passed since last I ran long distance and I'm stoked to report I still hate it just as much now as I did then. The whole time I was thinking "aw fuck, aw shit, aw christ, this sucks!". I wasn't even out of breath, I set a decently slow pace for which my cardiovascular system was handling rather admirably, but the whooole fucking time I was either in pain or badly uncomfortable.

First my back started cramping, then I tweaked my groin, then my right knee which has been PERFECTLY FINE since birth started hurting like fuck, then my left shin signaled imminent sudden clean no-skin-no-flesh-just-bone-breakage, then the underside of my ballsack and asshole started chafing, then my feet got calloused, goddamn hell I hate running so much.

Anyway I'm gonna do it again on Sunday. My sister loves to run, as do plenty other people. The fuck?


Distance running is stupid unless you are one of those fucking crazy people that enjoy it or compete in it. HIIT = less pain, less time, less boring, more results
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
August 26 2015 15:00 GMT
#1327
Oh TLHF you always know what to say, or what I wanna hear at any rate lol.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
August 26 2015 15:29 GMT
#1328
Well it works if you are the kind of person who takes the "intense" part in HIIT seriously. If you are just doing intervals of jogging/running somewhat fast for 20 minutes it's not going to do much. Basically on your last interval you should be feeling like after a PR widowmaker.

But I feel like cranking up intensity on a HIIT workout feels more natural to someone who does mainly heavy lifting than running long distance does. If that makes any sense.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
August 26 2015 15:46 GMT
#1329
Myeah I can relate, but this is mostly about my knee, I'm not running for the cardio per se. I mean, cardio is great and all and I could use more of it, but I dunno about revving my shit to the max with this kind of equipment lol.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
August 27 2015 12:40 GMT
#1330
Just tried front squats, they're so fun but so painful on my collar bones. Got a 110kg 1rm! Feel like I could do more if I could just get over the pain from holding the bar
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
August 27 2015 13:04 GMT
#1331
The bar doesn't hurt when I do frontsquats anymore, but it sure is hard to breathe without breaking form -_-
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
August 27 2015 15:02 GMT
#1332
I hate front squats with passion, and I think they are massively overrated. It's ok to do them from time to time though.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
August 27 2015 23:40 GMT
#1333
Majorly New and breaking news update:

Rugby is hard.

Addendum: lifting after rugby is REALLY hard.
Personal note: my cardio sucks.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
August 28 2015 12:11 GMT
#1334
Just finished the last workout for Building the Monolith. Got some pretty good results I think. A lot of that is consistency after the extended break I took training for the tri and then vacation but I really liked the program. The prescribed weights is nice for keeping me to a reasonable progression instead of going too heavy too fast. Should have progress pics and a short write-up this weekend!
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
August 28 2015 16:11 GMT
#1335
Wednesday
AM -
-5x750m row. Did first 3 at ~1:50/500m pace and last two at 1:45/500m pace. Fucking exhausted after that. Burned 700 calories in 14 minutes of work (1-2 min of rest between sets)
-DB press 8x40,45,50,50
-Triceps
PM-
Buncha snatch triples at 70-90kg
Clean doubles up to 110kg
Plankz

Yesterday I had a 'tryout' for coaching weightlifting at a crossfit gym. Felt like it went well, we'll see what the owner has to say!

On August 28 2015 08:40 phyre112 wrote:
Majorly New and breaking news update:

Rugby is hard.

Addendum: lifting after rugby is REALLY hard.
Personal note: my cardio sucks.


Haha I always do my lifting before rugby. Makes anything fucking hard conditioning wise but I know my lifting would be garbage if I did it after practice.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
August 28 2015 16:35 GMT
#1336
On August 29 2015 01:11 decafchicken wrote:
Wednesday
AM -
-5x750m row. Did first 3 at ~1:50/500m pace and last two at 1:45/500m pace. Fucking exhausted after that. Burned 700 calories in 14 minutes of work (1-2 min of rest between sets)
-DB press 8x40,45,50,50
-Triceps
PM-
Buncha snatch triples at 70-90kg
Clean doubles up to 110kg
Plankz

Yesterday I had a 'tryout' for coaching weightlifting at a crossfit gym. Felt like it went well, we'll see what the owner has to say!

Show nested quote +
On August 28 2015 08:40 phyre112 wrote:
Majorly New and breaking news update:

Rugby is hard.

Addendum: lifting after rugby is REALLY hard.
Personal note: my cardio sucks.


Haha I always do my lifting before rugby. Makes anything fucking hard conditioning wise but I know my lifting would be garbage if I did it after practice.

I'll probably try to do that after a week or two, but when I say my conditioning sucks, I mean it REALLY sucks so I wanted to be able to do 100% at practice. My lifts can take a couple weeks of being worse than usual.
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
August 29 2015 11:44 GMT
#1337
Went with a friend to his first meet. It was my first time going to a meet. He squatted 60kg cos of his hip, went 2/3 on bench cos he forgot the commands, then bombed out on DLs...

I'm gonna take this learning experience to make good attempt selections for my own meet next month.

Btw I got to be part of the closing deadlift of the day, 270@83, damn it was electrifying
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
September 01 2015 01:06 GMT
#1338
I fasted for 20 hours today for the first time, lifted kinda hard during the last few hours. Drank some water during the fast, didn't feel much otherwise, seemed pretty easy after the initial hunger urge. I think I ate about 1k calories in one sitting after, which is about my normal limit. Tempted to try it again but not sure how healthy this is.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
September 01 2015 01:30 GMT
#1339
I fast every day and workout with only BCAAs.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
September 01 2015 03:06 GMT
#1340
On September 01 2015 10:06 zulu_nation8 wrote:
I fasted for 20 hours today for the first time, lifted kinda hard during the last few hours. Drank some water during the fast, didn't feel much otherwise, seemed pretty easy after the initial hunger urge. I think I ate about 1k calories in one sitting after, which is about my normal limit. Tempted to try it again but not sure how healthy this is.

It's fine. There are even people who will tell you it's good for your health. So long as you can keep up the intensity lifting it's fine.
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1021
910 108
Hyun 68
NotJumperer 45
Bale 34
sorry 25
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto219
League of Legends
JimRising 610
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King137
Other Games
summit1g6843
Coldzera 719
WinterStarcraft388
C9.Mang0234
ceh9232
NeuroSwarm108
ViBE32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick609
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 31
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2246
League of Legends
• Rush1181
• Lourlo1032
• Stunt364
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 33m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 33m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 33m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.