• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:58
CEST 13:58
KST 20:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8149 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 66

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 234 Next
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
August 25 2015 13:54 GMT
#1301
too much tall (skinny) ppl whinning.

farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
August 25 2015 14:02 GMT
#1302
Coming to terms with one's own physiology is not whining, and referencing a lifelong, 300 lbs powerlifter doesn't change that.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-25 14:15:41
August 25 2015 14:07 GMT
#1303
On August 25 2015 23:02 farvacola wrote:
Coming to terms with one's own physiology is not whining, and referencing a lifelong, 300 lbs powerlifter doesn't change that.


Weighlifter :D

It's ok to be tall but that doesn't mean poor leverages. Taller people can be heavier, and move more weight. though their relative strength is weaker.

Poor WL leverages =/= tall people.

Edit: I've been allowed to program some days of our competition crossfit team. I'm really looking foward to my girls DL 300 pound++ :D

I also corrected some details on their squats and they all improved. Crossfiters obsession with straigth backs leads them to hyperextending, instead of properly aligning their hips and keeping their abs tight, which is what really matters (from there you can either go straight back or round back, depending on the lift or preference)
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-25 14:15:16
August 25 2015 14:13 GMT
#1304
nvm double post
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
August 25 2015 14:17 GMT
#1305
On August 25 2015 23:02 farvacola wrote:
Coming to terms with one's own physiology is not whining, and referencing a lifelong, 300 lbs powerlifter doesn't change that.


I plan on never coming to terms with my physiology, and will continue to lift heavier and heavier weights in spite of it
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
August 25 2015 14:26 GMT
#1306
Yeah well you're a freak with access to great rehab so psssshhhhhhh :D
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
August 25 2015 14:27 GMT
#1307
I am still waiting for that huge advantage for being rather short to kick in. It's taking it's sweet while ...
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
August 25 2015 15:22 GMT
#1308
On August 25 2015 23:27 zatic wrote:
I am still waiting for that huge advantage for being rather short to kick in. It's taking it's sweet while ...

Didn't you just post you did a bw ohp?
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
August 25 2015 19:17 GMT
#1309
Squat 3x5 @ 365
Bench 3x5 @ 185
Pull ups 4x6 & some curlz

It's ridiculous the improvement I've seen since I had my massage therapist work on me. Olympic lifts are much more solid, and today I was actually able to do what felt like a respectable pull up workout and do enough bicep work to get a pump. Literally my right arm would cramp up or stop working before I was able to do any sort of meaningful work on it.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-25 20:35:31
August 25 2015 20:35 GMT
#1310
Feels bad going from lifting 6-7 days a week for two hours a day plus cardio over the summer, down to 4 times a week, shorter lifts, with less cardio time. If only I could be a gym owner/coach & sponsored athlete, and just work out all day like most competitive crossfitters.

Rugby practice starts tomorrow. Should be fun.
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
August 26 2015 07:42 GMT
#1311
Had my appendix removed in surgery 2 hours ago.

No lifting anything over 15lbs for 4-6 weeks. GG no re.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
August 26 2015 08:28 GMT
#1312
I hadn't yet gotten into lifting when I lost my appendix, there's a silver lining for you. I sure hope you managed to take a piss afterwards, or you're gonna get a catheter stuck in your dick for like a week.

I was at the gym yesterday but I didn't lift. Instead, I had purchased a pair of running sneakers and I went on the treadmill for an hour. So many years have passed since last I ran long distance and I'm stoked to report I still hate it just as much now as I did then. The whole time I was thinking "aw fuck, aw shit, aw christ, this sucks!". I wasn't even out of breath, I set a decently slow pace for which my cardiovascular system was handling rather admirably, but the whooole fucking time I was either in pain or badly uncomfortable.

First my back started cramping, then I tweaked my groin, then my right knee which has been PERFECTLY FINE since birth started hurting like fuck, then my left shin signaled imminent sudden clean no-skin-no-flesh-just-bone-breakage, then the underside of my ballsack and asshole started chafing, then my feet got calloused, goddamn hell I hate running so much.

Anyway I'm gonna do it again on Sunday. My sister loves to run, as do plenty other people. The fuck?
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
August 26 2015 08:45 GMT
#1313
Yeah, I'm hoping for the best. It's quite unfortunate, they say even a backpack with a few textbooks is risky, but all things considered, it's almost at the best time it could have happened at. Not working, and my last year of uni doesn't start for another 12-13 days.

Running is cool, cycling is cooler still. I cannot get past how practical it is (I can get to any destination in Calgary quicker on my bike than with public transit), especially for someone in university in like me, who doesn't like over half of their expenses being their car, gasoline, and insurance.

I really enjoy cardio and HIIT training, it's pretty cool having brought my resting heart rate down to 37-38bpm though exercise, and then being able to turn it up to 180bpm for several minutes in a 100 meter elevation change cycling climb. Cycling is also better for your body, it's a lot less taxing on your joints, especially if you compare it to running on pavement. A lot of it depends on your goals, but from what I know, cycling is more compatible with weightlifting as well.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
August 26 2015 08:52 GMT
#1314
Well, whole reason I started running is because I've had issues with my left knee when I golf and running supposedly helps. Funny, but my left knee was the ONE THING that didn't hurt yesterday :p

As for cardio in general, I just cannot understand why anyone would enjoy being bored and uncomfortable for a straight hour, while at the same time expending too much energy to be able to distract yourself with, say, watching twitch streams or reading.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
August 26 2015 08:59 GMT
#1315
Simple solution: Don't do long distance cardio, increase intensity instead. Interval sprints for 20 minutes is all but boring, and can be just as effective as an hour of medium pace running.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
August 26 2015 09:06 GMT
#1316
On August 26 2015 17:52 Osmoses wrote:
Well, whole reason I started running is because I've had issues with my left knee when I golf and running supposedly helps. Funny, but my left knee was the ONE THING that didn't hurt yesterday :p

As for cardio in general, I just cannot understand why anyone would enjoy being bored and uncomfortable for a straight hour, while at the same time expending too much energy to be able to distract yourself with, say, watching twitch streams or reading.


For me, the manliest sport out there is cycling up a climb with your cycling partner, having been out for 120km... Giving it everything, pushing your entire body to the limit, turning your head back, analyzing his facial expression in the background, and just knowing... He can drive his way into the ground, but he doesn't have shit on you. Then you turn up the tempo 450 watts, and boom and know there's nothing they can do to respond.

I don't know, but it has its similarities to weight lifting... Except instead of pushing your muscles, your pushing your lungs and heart, and strengthening those some would argue is even more important than strengthening your core (obviously both have their advantages, don't really want to start a discussion). So if getting "big" isn't the most important thing for you, and you enjoy the nature outside, it can be a lot of fun. Plus, reducing your risk of heart disease, kidney disease, lung disease are pretty big pluses in the future, which weightlifting generally addresses a bit less (but gives you more advantages in situations like if you slip and fall, you wont break things when you're older).

Also, be careful with your knee... I have a friend who injured his knee, and then he started running again, and it came back - now when we play squash at a level that is too intense, it sometimes comes back and he has to stop. I know joint knee injuries are quite rough, and they don't really go away through training. I'd probably talk to a professional before you continue, but obviously I don't really know much about your injury, and am far from an expert in the field.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-26 09:57:36
August 26 2015 09:54 GMT
#1317
On August 26 2015 17:59 zatic wrote:
Simple solution: Don't do long distance cardio, increase intensity instead. Interval sprints for 20 minutes is all but boring, and can be just as effective as an hour of medium pace running.

I obviously haven't done alot of running in my days but I was under the impression that you got the most out of cardio AFTER the first 20 minutes?

@ Fiwi: I like the exhaustion part of cardio just fine, but I can never seem to go for very long before something starts hurting. Running for an hour yesterday despite my whole body hurting like shit was manly and all but I certainly didn't enjoy it.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Kronen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States732 Posts
August 26 2015 10:11 GMT
#1318
Got the wife hooked on using our new concept 2!! Netflix plus cardio is such a potent combination.
Garbels
Profile Joined July 2010
Austria653 Posts
August 26 2015 11:44 GMT
#1319
Running is not as easy as one might think. Check out the running thread for proper form. Also it's not for everyone. If your form is OK and it still hurts its probably best to not run long distance.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
August 26 2015 12:52 GMT
#1320
Long distance runing is pretty much terrible; reduces muscle mass and hurts ur joints. Just do intervals for cardio, running or other fun activites (Crossfit, cough cough :D)
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1119
WardiTV451
OGKoka 171
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 11693
StarCastTV_EN311
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko390
OGKoka 171
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 13483
Bisu 4841
FanTaSy 3775
Shuttle 1715
Jaedong 1484
BeSt 947
actioN 781
EffOrt 606
Horang2 488
Larva 270
[ Show more ]
Leta 259
Zeus 249
Dewaltoss 116
Barracks 114
Mind 111
Sexy 83
JYJ 75
Mong 73
scan(afreeca) 61
sorry 57
ToSsGirL 52
Shinee 49
Sea.KH 46
Killer 41
Bale 35
sSak 34
soO 31
Free 26
Aegong 22
HiyA 15
Sacsri 10
zelot 10
yabsab 8
Dota 2
Gorgc2278
Dendi637
XaKoH 385
Counter-Strike
x6flipin253
Other Games
singsing2435
olofmeister1302
B2W.Neo561
crisheroes315
Pyrionflax206
Livibee146
dupreeh102
XBOCT78
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick590
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 181
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1469
Other Games
• WagamamaTV175
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 2m
Replay Cast
11h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 2m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
23h 2m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC S3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.