• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:45
CEST 19:45
KST 02:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7531 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 64

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 234 Next
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
August 17 2015 23:56 GMT
#1261
The planets were aligned, and I was able to explode my cosmos to the maximum (Yes, I've been watching Saint Seya, Soul of Gold). Double bench PR.



zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
August 18 2015 00:04 GMT
#1262
ive been watching saint seiya sanctuary too rofl, trying to find hades OVA but it's not on crunchyroll
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
August 18 2015 00:27 GMT
#1263
wtf dude. how do you bench so much?
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
August 18 2015 00:50 GMT
#1264
7th sense cosmos
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
August 18 2015 15:11 GMT
#1265
Jesus gotunk you beast.

Signed up for a competition this weekend. Worked up to 125/155 sn/cj which I'll probably open with. Here's the 155:
https://instagram.com/p/6hwFQ2QCCF/

Need to start keeping track of my lifting blah
Monday AM
FS quick low volume up to 315
Bench 5x5 @ 175
Pull ups 4x5 super set tricep pressdown 4x10

PM
Snatch 40 60 70 90 100 110 115 120 125x 125x 125 125
CJ 70 90 110 130 140 150 155

Body is feeling WAY healthier after my massage therapist spent 90 minutes on my neck/shoulders. I had a ton of bicep tightness that was making my right arm basically 50% for the past couple months.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-18 16:38:58
August 18 2015 16:37 GMT
#1266
On August 18 2015 09:27 IgnE wrote:
wtf dude. how do you bench so much?


Good technique and hard work. Bonus points for staying healthy, which allows me to do 1-3 type of presses or dips variant every day.

I'm also working on full cleans and learning to jerk (I can only push press atm) :D
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
August 18 2015 18:55 GMT
#1267
Getting closer to my season golf handicap goal. Just need about four less strokes.

On the manly side, I have the longest drive of all my golfing friends by far. Fukken beefcake. Knee still giving me trouble if I try to go more than 18 holes in a day though.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-18 23:34:54
August 18 2015 23:21 GMT
#1268
so I was able to break a plateau by squatting and benching 4 days in a row + overeating + 3 days rest. I mixed in some high rep stuff but overall the workouts with 24h rest were all pretty crappy. For you guys who do high volume big lifts, do you try to max out every time or switch between high/low rep?

Got my romaelos, they felt good but I don't know if wearing them corrects my problem of heels lifting off the ground when coming up since I still did it but less slight
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
August 18 2015 23:33 GMT
#1269
On August 19 2015 08:21 zulu_nation8 wrote:
so I was able to break a plateau by squatting and benching 4 days in a row + overeating + 3 days rest. I mixed in some high rep stuff but overall the workouts with 24h rest were all pretty crappy. For you guys who do high volume big lifts, do you try to max out every time or switch between high/low rep?


Depends how advanced a lifter you are.

Someone who's lifting 400 pounds is going to take longer to recover than someone lifting 150 pounds, even if those are both 1rm efforts.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
August 18 2015 23:58 GMT
#1270
On August 19 2015 08:21 zulu_nation8 wrote:
so I was able to break a plateau by squatting and benching 4 days in a row + overeating + 3 days rest. I mixed in some high rep stuff but overall the workouts with 24h rest were all pretty crappy. For you guys who do high volume big lifts, do you try to max out every time or switch between high/low rep?

Got my romaelos, they felt good but I don't know if wearing them corrects my problem of heels lifting off the ground when coming up since I still did it but less slight


Can't max out every time. Maxing out 2-3 times a month is barely sustainable for very long with me.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
August 19 2015 01:49 GMT
#1271
On August 19 2015 08:58 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2015 08:21 zulu_nation8 wrote:
so I was able to break a plateau by squatting and benching 4 days in a row + overeating + 3 days rest. I mixed in some high rep stuff but overall the workouts with 24h rest were all pretty crappy. For you guys who do high volume big lifts, do you try to max out every time or switch between high/low rep?

Got my romaelos, they felt good but I don't know if wearing them corrects my problem of heels lifting off the ground when coming up since I still did it but less slight


Can't max out every time. Maxing out 2-3 times a month is barely sustainable for very long with me.


I've conditioned my body to back squat everyday and it instantly boosted all my lifts. That said, I only do singles/doubles on the back squat (recently doing front squat because of a glute minor issue) working up to 90-95%. I also alternate between belt, and no belt, so that reduces the lifted weights. I do high bar squats and have great mobility. I think most important is to never miss a weight unless you are going for a lifetime PR, which should happen sporadically.

Cliffs: You spread the fatigue trough the week and keep volume low. ATM 5 reps with 80% is infinetly more taxing to me than 1 rep with 93%.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-19 01:52:51
August 19 2015 01:50 GMT
#1272
nvm double post
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
August 19 2015 03:25 GMT
#1273
On August 19 2015 10:49 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2015 08:58 IgnE wrote:
On August 19 2015 08:21 zulu_nation8 wrote:
so I was able to break a plateau by squatting and benching 4 days in a row + overeating + 3 days rest. I mixed in some high rep stuff but overall the workouts with 24h rest were all pretty crappy. For you guys who do high volume big lifts, do you try to max out every time or switch between high/low rep?

Got my romaelos, they felt good but I don't know if wearing them corrects my problem of heels lifting off the ground when coming up since I still did it but less slight


Can't max out every time. Maxing out 2-3 times a month is barely sustainable for very long with me.


I've conditioned my body to back squat everyday and it instantly boosted all my lifts. That said, I only do singles/doubles on the back squat (recently doing front squat because of a glute minor issue) working up to 90-95%. I also alternate between belt, and no belt, so that reduces the lifted weights. I do high bar squats and have great mobility. I think most important is to never miss a weight unless you are going for a lifetime PR, which should happen sporadically.

Cliffs: You spread the fatigue trough the week and keep volume low. ATM 5 reps with 80% is infinetly more taxing to me than 1 rep with 93%.


I was mostly talking about lifts like bench and deadlift
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-19 03:42:35
August 19 2015 03:42 GMT
#1274
On August 19 2015 12:25 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2015 10:49 GoTuNk! wrote:
On August 19 2015 08:58 IgnE wrote:
On August 19 2015 08:21 zulu_nation8 wrote:
so I was able to break a plateau by squatting and benching 4 days in a row + overeating + 3 days rest. I mixed in some high rep stuff but overall the workouts with 24h rest were all pretty crappy. For you guys who do high volume big lifts, do you try to max out every time or switch between high/low rep?

Got my romaelos, they felt good but I don't know if wearing them corrects my problem of heels lifting off the ground when coming up since I still did it but less slight


Can't max out every time. Maxing out 2-3 times a month is barely sustainable for very long with me.


I've conditioned my body to back squat everyday and it instantly boosted all my lifts. That said, I only do singles/doubles on the back squat (recently doing front squat because of a glute minor issue) working up to 90-95%. I also alternate between belt, and no belt, so that reduces the lifted weights. I do high bar squats and have great mobility. I think most important is to never miss a weight unless you are going for a lifetime PR, which should happen sporadically.

Cliffs: You spread the fatigue trough the week and keep volume low. ATM 5 reps with 80% is infinetly more taxing to me than 1 rep with 93%.


I was mostly talking about lifts like bench and deadlift


Deadlift every day, no. I think you can bench everday as a peaking routine for a meet, for 1-2 weeks top, but in general, no aswell-
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
August 19 2015 03:42 GMT
#1275
On August 19 2015 12:25 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2015 10:49 GoTuNk! wrote:
On August 19 2015 08:58 IgnE wrote:
On August 19 2015 08:21 zulu_nation8 wrote:
so I was able to break a plateau by squatting and benching 4 days in a row + overeating + 3 days rest. I mixed in some high rep stuff but overall the workouts with 24h rest were all pretty crappy. For you guys who do high volume big lifts, do you try to max out every time or switch between high/low rep?

Got my romaelos, they felt good but I don't know if wearing them corrects my problem of heels lifting off the ground when coming up since I still did it but less slight


Can't max out every time. Maxing out 2-3 times a month is barely sustainable for very long with me.


I've conditioned my body to back squat everyday and it instantly boosted all my lifts. That said, I only do singles/doubles on the back squat (recently doing front squat because of a glute minor issue) working up to 90-95%. I also alternate between belt, and no belt, so that reduces the lifted weights. I do high bar squats and have great mobility. I think most important is to never miss a weight unless you are going for a lifetime PR, which should happen sporadically.

Cliffs: You spread the fatigue trough the week and keep volume low. ATM 5 reps with 80% is infinetly more taxing to me than 1 rep with 93%.


I was mostly talking about lifts like bench and deadlift


Yeah can't speak for bench but maxing deadlifts takes a bit to recover from. Depends on your volume/frequency/intensity as well. I know for squats i've probably maxed 10+ times in a month and managed to hit PRs. Heavy clean/snatch pulls aren't too bad either.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
August 19 2015 15:38 GMT
#1276
sup nerds.

I did squats today.

they went well.

160kg x 5 x 3.

Come at me.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
August 19 2015 21:17 GMT
#1277
congrats!

what's a nice and basic HIIT routine? I keep reading about stuff that looks dumb as hell like reverse lunge + kettlebell swing + jumping jacks, unless that's what it actually is.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-19 23:35:18
August 19 2015 23:34 GMT
#1278
do 6 minutes on a stationary bike with 1:30 at 90 revolutions per minute and :30 sprinting at 110+ revolutions per minute for the 6 minutes

then get on a rowing machine and row for 40 seconds at a sustainable pace and 20 seconds sprinting for 3 minutes

do 3 rounds of the above for 6+3+6+3+6+3 or 27 minutes
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
August 20 2015 23:46 GMT
#1279
On August 20 2015 08:34 IgnE wrote:
do 6 minutes on a stationary bike with 1:30 at 90 revolutions per minute and :30 sprinting at 110+ revolutions per minute for the 6 minutes

then get on a rowing machine and row for 40 seconds at a sustainable pace and 20 seconds sprinting for 3 minutes

do 3 rounds of the above for 6+3+6+3+6+3 or 27 minutes


(and die afterwards).

peace.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
August 21 2015 06:54 GMT
#1280
Kind of depends on the resistance of the bike though doesn't it? To me 90RPM feels rather slow, when I cycle a constant pace I try to keep it between 110-120. My usual warmup is 5 minutes stationary bike at 120 rpm and 150 watt resistance.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2641
RotterdaM708
TaKeTV 306
IndyStarCraft 173
BRAT_OK 80
ZombieGrub35
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2641
RotterdaM 708
ByuN 379
IndyStarCraft 173
MaxPax 171
BRAT_OK 80
UpATreeSC 51
ZombieGrub35
RuFF_SC2 33
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3360
Shuttle 873
Mini 478
EffOrt 422
Rush 173
Dewaltoss 148
Mind 89
910 73
Zeus 70
HiyA 66
[ Show more ]
Shinee 60
hero 55
Bale 27
sorry 25
ToSsGirL 17
Sexy 10
zelot 10
Sacsri 8
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5619
qojqva2923
Counter-Strike
fl0m5245
pashabiceps791
Fnx 684
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2764
Other Games
singsing1985
Beastyqt798
ceh9672
mouzStarbuck247
XaKoH 121
C9.Mang074
QueenE72
Trikslyr65
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 111
• StrangeGG 31
• Reevou 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV186
Other Games
• imaqtpie514
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 15m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 15m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.