• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:28
CEST 08:28
KST 15:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9439 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 54

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 379 Next
xJupiter9x
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States150 Posts
February 05 2012 15:18 GMT
#1061
I am finally back!! Graduated bootcamp on Friday now i am in Pensacola, Florida for the next 9 months. So glad to be able to start lifting again. I am probably weak as shit right now.
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-05 15:47:48
February 05 2012 15:45 GMT
#1062
Alright guys.
Justed started Wing Chun.
180cm
73kgs
Been taking Dymatize Super Mass Gainer for about 3/4 weeks gain 3ish kilos thus far.
I go gym Friday nights. Train wing chun which is pretty much cardio i think. Mondays, Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.

This is my goal.
[image loading]

Advice questions are welcome.
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
February 05 2012 16:37 GMT
#1063
@ShadeR
Personally I would be terrified of eating above maintenance if I didn't do weightlifting. Since it's a martial arts flexibility is prolly going to be needed, you should check out mobility WOD for that - really really informational and change is visible almost right away.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
February 05 2012 16:43 GMT
#1064
You need to go to the gym more than once a week to gain muscle. I wouldn't recommend taking weight gainers for your current training volume. You're going to get fat pretty fast
Official Entusman #21
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-05 16:45:52
February 05 2012 16:45 GMT
#1065
Close by supermarket has veal tongue for 4.49$/lb, I'm thinking about replacing beef with tongue, what do you guys think?
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
February 05 2012 17:05 GMT
#1066
tongue is great! I would do it
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
February 05 2012 17:12 GMT
#1067
On February 06 2012 01:37 KOVU wrote:
@ShadeR
Personally I would be terrified of eating above maintenance if I didn't do weightlifting. Since it's a martial arts flexibility is prolly going to be needed, you should check out mobility WOD for that - really really informational and change is visible almost right away.

On February 06 2012 01:43 infinity21 wrote:
You need to go to the gym more than once a week to gain muscle. I wouldn't recommend taking weight gainers for your current training volume. You're going to get fat pretty fast

Thanks for responding guys.
Going to try and go gym twice a week. I'm a pretty skinny guy i'll post pics later. I figured gain enough mass and then switch to some cleaner supps with less sugar and calories. Can you tell me more about or link me to this mobility WOD?
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-05 17:20:36
February 05 2012 17:20 GMT
#1068
On February 06 2012 00:18 xJupiter9x wrote:
I am finally back!! Graduated bootcamp on Friday now i am in Pensacola, Florida for the next 9 months. So glad to be able to start lifting again. I am probably weak as shit right now.


are you still trying to become a navy SEAL?
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
February 05 2012 19:05 GMT
#1069
btw shader is that pic from a movie? Looks like donnie yen
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
February 05 2012 19:14 GMT
#1070
On February 06 2012 02:12 ShadeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2012 01:37 KOVU wrote:
@ShadeR
Personally I would be terrified of eating above maintenance if I didn't do weightlifting. Since it's a martial arts flexibility is prolly going to be needed, you should check out mobility WOD for that - really really informational and change is visible almost right away.

Show nested quote +
On February 06 2012 01:43 infinity21 wrote:
You need to go to the gym more than once a week to gain muscle. I wouldn't recommend taking weight gainers for your current training volume. You're going to get fat pretty fast

Thanks for responding guys.
Going to try and go gym twice a week. I'm a pretty skinny guy i'll post pics later. I figured gain enough mass and then switch to some cleaner supps with less sugar and calories. Can you tell me more about or link me to this mobility WOD?

Personally I think you should ditch the weightgainer and go to the 3 times a week, following starting strength.

Heres the link:
http://www.mobilitywod.com/
there is a tons of material on that page.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 05 2012 19:17 GMT
#1071
On February 05 2012 22:38 rEiGN~ wrote:


scary, hookgrip time? :r


Holy crap, the reaction was fucking priceless!
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
February 05 2012 19:26 GMT
#1072
On February 06 2012 00:45 ShadeR wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Alright guys.
Justed started Wing Chun.
180cm
73kgs
Been taking Dymatize Super Mass Gainer for about 3/4 weeks gain 3ish kilos thus far.
I go gym Friday nights. Train wing chun which is pretty much cardio i think. Mondays, Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.

This is my goal.
[image loading]

Advice questions are welcome.


Funny that the Pic you posted isnt from donnie's ip man 1+2 ^^ where he used wing chun
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
February 05 2012 20:02 GMT
#1073
On February 05 2012 22:38 rEiGN~ wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjq82nYPUeo

scary, hookgrip time? :r


Holy shit that is scary. I'm legit going to be worried about deadlift now, I'm slowly pushing to 400lb and I definitely don't want that to happen. The technique there by no means looked that bad, so if some expert could come point out how to minimize the chance of that injury I'd appreciate it S;
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-05 20:13:38
February 05 2012 20:06 GMT
#1074
On February 06 2012 05:02 FiWiFaKi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2012 22:38 rEiGN~ wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjq82nYPUeo

scary, hookgrip time? :r


Holy shit that is scary. I'm legit going to be worried about deadlift now, I'm slowly pushing to 400lb and I definitely don't want that to happen. The technique there by no means looked that bad, so if some expert could come point out how to minimize the chance of that injury I'd appreciate it S;

Not bending the arms I suppose, but yeah, I suppose on max attempts its kinda hard to control yourself. Im not an expert at all, im weak as fuck, but not bending the arms seems to make sense
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
February 05 2012 20:24 GMT
#1075
On February 06 2012 04:17 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2012 22:38 rEiGN~ wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjq82nYPUeo

scary, hookgrip time? :r


Holy crap, the reaction was fucking priceless!

indeed, the very moment he realizes, "ok, something's not right"

you can also see that the grey shirted guy understands something's up
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
February 05 2012 20:39 GMT
#1076
On February 06 2012 04:17 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2012 22:38 rEiGN~ wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjq82nYPUeo


scary, hookgrip time? :r


Holy crap, the reaction was fucking priceless!


damn I feel bad for that dude, just read a few youtube comments and it took him 9 months to get back to where he was before that injury ~_~

PS: I wish I could go to a similar gym where guys seem to know what they do-.- On friday some kids came to the second powerrack next to me and did some crunches/situps (!!!) putting their ass on the Barbell and using the construction of the powerrack to somehow stabilize their feet. I assume they geniunely thought that their mid air situps are somehow effective. To add salt to my wounded eyes they followed it up with Barbell only biceps curls.

Fortunately I was in a good mood otherwise I would have shit on them for occupying the precious Powerrack doing BS like this.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 05 2012 20:50 GMT
#1077
@martinberkhan:

When you're all out of whey, when you've lost a Vibram shoe, when you 'just don't feel like it', I have words of advice


[image loading]

?
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 05 2012 21:42 GMT
#1078
On February 06 2012 05:02 FiWiFaKi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2012 22:38 rEiGN~ wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjq82nYPUeo

scary, hookgrip time? :r


Holy shit that is scary. I'm legit going to be worried about deadlift now, I'm slowly pushing to 400lb and I definitely don't want that to happen. The technique there by no means looked that bad, so if some expert could come point out how to minimize the chance of that injury I'd appreciate it S;


Don't bend your elbows deadlifting

Make sure you don't work through any tendon pain.

Do high reps (like 20-30 reps) with lighter weight every few months for a couple weeks. Allows tendons to help catch up with strength if you're working on strength
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
February 05 2012 22:09 GMT
#1079
and the obvious: alternate the hand with supinated grip?
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
February 05 2012 22:20 GMT
#1080
On February 06 2012 07:09 rEiGN~ wrote:
and the obvious: alternate the hand with supinated grip?


I really don't think that would do much whatsoever. Your tendons will get stronger if you keep using the same hand.

I've been reading a lot on it, and it doesn't seem like a very common injury if you're doing proper deadlift technique. Some sources were saying that you get severe pain if there is that much pain on the tendon so if you feel a large pain in your bicep don't fight it. People on the youtube vid were saying that it is likely the result of steroid use, but I wont get into that.

There's no real way you're going to strengthen that part of your arm for the deadlift using other exercises. Doing 60-70lb bicep curls aren't holding nearly as much weight as a heavy deadlift. The other alternative is to always use a overhand grip, some power-lifters actually do, there are videos of 900lb+ overhand grip deadlifts, although others say it's very painful using the overhand grip for their highest weights.

I think I'll just stick to overhand grip for my two warm ups (50% and 75% of DL weight) and be careful on the last set.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1021
910 108
Hyun 68
NotJumperer 45
Bale 34
sorry 25
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto219
League of Legends
JimRising 610
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King137
Other Games
summit1g6843
Coldzera 719
WinterStarcraft388
C9.Mang0234
ceh9232
NeuroSwarm108
ViBE32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick609
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 31
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2246
League of Legends
• Rush1181
• Lourlo1032
• Stunt364
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 32m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 32m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 32m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.