• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:32
CEST 06:32
KST 13:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7898 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 52

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 379 Next
emjaytron
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia544 Posts
February 04 2012 01:05 GMT
#1021
is that low-bar?
Grubby - SaSe - Oz - Hero
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 04 2012 01:06 GMT
#1022
On February 04 2012 07:57 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2012 07:54 rEiGN~ wrote:
I wonder if you missed the memo about rest being a very essential part of proper training…


I get my 8 hours of sleep, sometimes longer, and workout only 1-2 hours at a time.


Rest is when your muscles grow...

Don't need to go everyday to start...
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
February 04 2012 01:13 GMT
#1023
On February 04 2012 10:05 emjaytron wrote:
is that low-bar?

yeah
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
February 04 2012 01:23 GMT
#1024
doesnt get much lower (or low-barer? lower-bar?) than gotunk's squat
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
AndyJay
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia833 Posts
February 04 2012 01:47 GMT
#1025
Bam 5x170kg DL @ 85kg BW, 14th week of SS. Feels good man. Oh and I think I'm addicted to protein shakes. I don't even think about whether I need one or not, they're just so damn tasty. What's everyone favourite smoothie recipes?
XuoriG
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada165 Posts
February 04 2012 02:33 GMT
#1026
1 banana, 2 scoops of chocolate whey, and milk ^^. Simple but kind of tasty..
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
February 04 2012 02:52 GMT
#1027
I have DOMS and the workout isn't even done yet. Fuck you smolov and fuck all of the Russians and their programs. But i'll be damned if I don't finish every day, and every rep.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
February 04 2012 03:44 GMT
#1028
http://www.facebook.com/events/203785263052534/

Everyone support Sam!!!
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
February 04 2012 04:02 GMT
#1029
Dear population of Archbold Gymnasium at Syracuse University:

Tonight, you were all out-squatted by a man who's hat had a face. Please contemplate on the direction your lives are headed in.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
MeShiet
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada290 Posts
February 04 2012 04:29 GMT
#1030
phyre, you reminded me of the rice paddy hat my girlfriend got me over christmas from Vietnam and how much I wanted to bring that in with me to show people how a squat should look.
If you die this way, you won't live to tell anyone how you died
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
February 04 2012 04:37 GMT
#1031
I blasted the 3x5 115lb overheads at 141lb bodyweight like a fucking BOSS, looks of amazement ensued and I felt pride being in the gym.
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
BlondeOnBlonde
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada150 Posts
February 04 2012 04:45 GMT
#1032
On February 04 2012 09:13 Malinor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2012 06:09 BlondeOnBlonde wrote:


455lbs for 6 reps on the deadlift. Bodyweight is 81kg.


Besides the obvious fact that you are completely awesome, your body really looks like it was created to deadlift. Long arms, long legs, great leverages, basically a joy to look at

Do you perform some other lifts with the same intensity as your deadlift?


I've always been pretty good in hip extension activities... That's why I consider the Deadlift a major sport specific movement and my main focus.

I train everything with the same intensity as the deadlift, I'm just mediocre at everything else...

I don't bench press or squat because I don't have the equipment or space to do it.

Numbers wise, here is an incomplete list of exercises that i do (sets of 5-10 reps)

Kroc rows with 170lbs db
Pistols with 80lbs
Bulgarian split squats with 110lbs dumbbells
DB presses with 90lbs
Standing OH db presses with 80lbs


My pressing strength really needs to go up...

I used to do weighted box jumps with added weights up to 90lbs on boxes of 45inch or something. Can't remember exactly, maybe I'm exaggerating there but it's not too far from it. I think the highest box jump I achieved was 53 inches. I'm a lot better in broad jumps than for the vert. I also ran a 3,81s 30m sprint with absolutely no coaching or specific training last year in school.

You can easily find people far stronger and more athletic than me on youtube, but then again, training is a personal journey. I had the idea of posting a training log with some videos but never started... Might start posting stuff more regularly if there is a certain interest.
emjaytron
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia544 Posts
February 04 2012 05:38 GMT
#1033
On February 04 2012 10:13 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2012 10:05 emjaytron wrote:
is that low-bar?

yeah


I am going to have to try that. Although I have a feeling my shoulder flexibility will be problematic. I'm guessing you can do slightly more weight low-bar due to the shorter lever length of your torso?
Grubby - SaSe - Oz - Hero
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
February 04 2012 08:00 GMT
#1034
Going to post this here so it doesn't get flooded in the 'how do I get toned' questions:


I've been doing some thinking. I'm quite tall (6'5/1.95m), and I want to start competing in weightlifting I think. I have a pretty balanced build, maybe slightly longer legs than usual. With no oly coach, possibility to OHP a bumper plate or snatch it for the next three yars, does it make sense that I squat high bar ATG? I always did it because it seems pretty badass and the most natural motion.

TL;DR as a tall guy training to compete at some point, should I be squatting low bar and focussing on Raw powerlifting, or just getting strong at Cleans and squatting high bar?
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 04 2012 08:02 GMT
#1035
ATG high bar has a lot more carry over to oly lifting. You can compete without a coach, it just takes a lot of work. If you take a lot of videos we can tell you what to fix/work on. I am mostly coached by what i've watched/learned and a lot from dimsum. I have had some help from coaches though.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
February 04 2012 08:17 GMT
#1036
Since it's come up a few times recently, what are "normal" arm and leg measurements and from where are they measured? Some quick googling isn't turning up any useful standards or data.
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-04 09:01:01
February 04 2012 09:00 GMT
#1037
It's pretty easy to tell lol. If your wing span > your height then you're probably 'lanky'

edit: blondie is far more badass than me. jesus
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-04 09:21:19
February 04 2012 09:10 GMT
#1038
On February 04 2012 13:02 phyre112 wrote:
Dear population of Archbold Gymnasium at Syracuse University:

Tonight, you were all out-squatted by a man who's hat had a face. Please contemplate on the direction your lives are headed in.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I hosted a neon paint party last night and snatched 115kg the next day. Get at me brah.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
February 04 2012 09:21 GMT
#1039
On February 04 2012 18:10 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2012 13:02 phyre112 wrote:
Dear population of Archbold Gymnasium at Syracuse University:

Tonight, you were all out-squatted by a man who's hat had a face. Please contemplate on the direction your lives are headed in.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Means nothing. I hosted a neon paint party last night and snatched 115kg the next day. Get at me brah.
Like a boss.
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
February 04 2012 09:27 GMT
#1040
On February 04 2012 18:00 decafchicken wrote:
It's pretty easy to tell lol. If your wing span > your height then you're probably 'lanky'


That's not very scientific.
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 182
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1490
910 89
NotJumperer 83
Bale 37
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Noble 9
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm179
febbydoto18
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King107
Other Games
summit1g7809
Coldzera 734
JimRising 650
hungrybox630
WinterStarcraft350
C9.Mang0333
PiGStarcraft274
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick894
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 15
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota261
League of Legends
• Lourlo1055
• Rush910
• Stunt200
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 28m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
6h 28m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
19h 28m
Patches Events
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.