• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:32
CEST 06:32
KST 13:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7898 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 51

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 379 Next
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
February 03 2012 16:57 GMT
#1001
On February 04 2012 01:23 Osmoses wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2012 22:26 FFGenerations wrote:
On February 03 2012 21:24 Osmoses wrote:
Squats again today, leveled up by 5kgs no problem. Still too inflexible though, really hard for me to

a) push from my heels rather than my toes
b) keep my back straight at the bottom.

I'm getting there though.


add a "Mobility" column to your spreadsheet chart :p
then every day you can fill it in as "Yes" :p
thats what i done yesterday, idk if its gonna work lol

edit: (ankle) flexibility wont just "appear" really, you need to work it separately and acutely if its lacking. and since its so vital to squats, as soon as possible.

I'm spending at least 10 minutes stretching before every squat workout. My problem is probably that I only do squats once a week. I was considering doing it first thing each workout but I don't want to fuck up an otherwise great routine, and I don't want to stop my thus-far steady advance in the other lifts either.


hm I think its better to stretch after your workout. I remember some studies saying stretching beforehand will actually impede your strength
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
February 03 2012 17:21 GMT
#1002
http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/02/04/us-fat-heart-idUSTRE61341020100204

:O
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-03 18:46:07
February 03 2012 18:45 GMT
#1003
On February 04 2012 01:57 Zafrumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2012 01:23 Osmoses wrote:
On February 03 2012 22:26 FFGenerations wrote:
On February 03 2012 21:24 Osmoses wrote:
Squats again today, leveled up by 5kgs no problem. Still too inflexible though, really hard for me to

a) push from my heels rather than my toes
b) keep my back straight at the bottom.

I'm getting there though.


add a "Mobility" column to your spreadsheet chart :p
then every day you can fill it in as "Yes" :p
thats what i done yesterday, idk if its gonna work lol

edit: (ankle) flexibility wont just "appear" really, you need to work it separately and acutely if its lacking. and since its so vital to squats, as soon as possible.

I'm spending at least 10 minutes stretching before every squat workout. My problem is probably that I only do squats once a week. I was considering doing it first thing each workout but I don't want to fuck up an otherwise great routine, and I don't want to stop my thus-far steady advance in the other lifts either.


hm I think its better to stretch after your workout. I remember some studies saying stretching beforehand will actually impede your strength


Ya me too. Pavel Tsatsouline says passive stretching inhibits ur strength inmediatately afterwards, so I take his word for it. A solid aproach is to do active flexibility drills (cossacks, overhead squats) before excercise (as part of your warmup) and passive stretching afterwards.
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
February 03 2012 19:59 GMT
#1004
Eric Cressey recommends mobility before workout, EQIs immediately after workout and then static stretches in the evening before sleeping.
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
February 03 2012 20:06 GMT
#1005
what are "EQIs" ?
BlondeOnBlonde
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada150 Posts
February 03 2012 21:09 GMT
#1006


455lbs for 6 reps on the deadlift. Bodyweight is 81kg.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-03 21:13:37
February 03 2012 21:12 GMT
#1007
Got interviewed to work as a patient actor for my schools nutrition counseling class today. I think the PhD nutritionist/biochemist almost cried when I told her, with all my family history of heart disease that I still drink between .5 and 1 gallons of whole milk, and eat an average of four eggs per day, and haven't touched a whole grain in 18 months.

This is going to be a fun job.
GumThief
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada284 Posts
February 03 2012 21:14 GMT
#1008
listening to the refused you cannot fail. Amazing blondie my boy
:))
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 03 2012 22:25 GMT
#1009
On February 04 2012 06:12 phyre112 wrote:
Got interviewed to work as a patient actor for my schools nutrition counseling class today. I think the PhD nutritionist/biochemist almost cried when I told her, with all my family history of heart disease that I still drink between .5 and 1 gallons of whole milk, and eat an average of four eggs per day, and haven't touched a whole grain in 18 months.

This is going to be a fun job.


Haha awesome
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
February 03 2012 22:29 GMT
#1010
http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/training-articles/back-to-a-pain-free-bench/
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
February 03 2012 22:50 GMT
#1011
So I just joined a gym, ATC Fitness, and have been going everyday and have found myself sore the morning after the workout, especially today just a slight pang when say I take my jacket off etc. Should I skip tonight and just workout every other day or this a good thing. I'm not in any pain mind you.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
February 03 2012 22:54 GMT
#1012
I wonder if you missed the memo about rest being a very essential part of proper training…
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
February 03 2012 22:57 GMT
#1013
On February 04 2012 07:54 rEiGN~ wrote:
I wonder if you missed the memo about rest being a very essential part of proper training…


I get my 8 hours of sleep, sometimes longer, and workout only 1-2 hours at a time.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
February 03 2012 23:09 GMT
#1014
On February 04 2012 07:57 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2012 07:54 rEiGN~ wrote:
I wonder if you missed the memo about rest being a very essential part of proper training…


I get my 8 hours of sleep, sometimes longer, and workout only 1-2 hours at a time.

I'd guess it depends on your workout, but if you're doing SL or SS (which are both great for starting with) then you should definitely rest every second day.
Moderator
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
February 03 2012 23:11 GMT
#1015
What kind of routine are you doing?
We make signature, then defense it.
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
February 04 2012 00:09 GMT
#1016
On February 04 2012 07:50 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
So I just joined a gym, ATC Fitness, and have been going everyday and have found myself sore the morning after the workout, especially today just a slight pang when say I take my jacket off etc. Should I skip tonight and just workout every other day or this a good thing. I'm not in any pain mind you.


If you are just starting out, there is no harm in delaying your next workout for one 1-2 days if the soreness is too much to take.

Besides that, when you are a beginner (regardless of the routine you are doing), there is absolutely no need for you to lift weights everyday, you really should aim for every other day or just three fixed dates a week. If you absolutely need to work out nearly everyday (i.e. to hold yourself accountable to your goals - that's the case with me), do some mobility work, cardio, or play some real sports. Lifting 3 times a week will carry you easily throuh your first 9 months of training, and more could even be contraproductive.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-04 00:13:24
February 04 2012 00:13 GMT
#1017
On February 04 2012 06:09 BlondeOnBlonde wrote:
http://youtu.be/A6dMxRv0JlQ

455lbs for 6 reps on the deadlift. Bodyweight is 81kg.


Besides the obvious fact that you are completely awesome, your body really looks like it was created to deadlift. Long arms, long legs, great leverages, basically a joy to look at

Do you perform some other lifts with the same intensity as your deadlift?
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Tulius
Profile Joined June 2011
Brazil52 Posts
February 04 2012 00:44 GMT
#1018
On February 04 2012 06:09 BlondeOnBlonde wrote:
http://youtu.be/A6dMxRv0JlQ

455lbs for 6 reps on the deadlift. Bodyweight is 81kg.


wow... that was very inspiring to watch
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
February 04 2012 00:59 GMT
#1019
Fucking killed it today

305x3 squat
235x3 bench
175 2x1 cleans

@174lb BW.

get at me.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-04 01:01:44
February 04 2012 01:01 GMT
#1020
Smolov Delivers

My legs look fucking awesome now, I gained 4 pounds, but more important. My 1RM increased by fucking 20kg in 3 weeks. 170 fucking kilos, fucking deep.



I'm gonna post vid again with some insight, but I'm going out and getting drunk today to celebrate.

@BlondeOnBlonde

you are fucking strong, not even wearing a belt.
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 182
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1490
910 89
NotJumperer 83
Bale 37
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Noble 9
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm179
febbydoto18
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King107
Other Games
summit1g7809
Coldzera 734
JimRising 650
hungrybox630
WinterStarcraft350
C9.Mang0333
PiGStarcraft274
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick894
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 15
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota261
League of Legends
• Lourlo1055
• Rush910
• Stunt200
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 28m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
6h 28m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
19h 28m
Patches Events
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.