• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:28
CEST 08:28
KST 15:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9439 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 53

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 379 Next
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-04 09:29:37
February 04 2012 09:28 GMT
#1041
On February 04 2012 18:21 Kamais Ookin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2012 18:10 decafchicken wrote:
On February 04 2012 13:02 phyre112 wrote:
Dear population of Archbold Gymnasium at Syracuse University:

Tonight, you were all out-squatted by a man who's hat had a face. Please contemplate on the direction your lives are headed in.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Means nothing. I hosted a neon paint party last night and snatched 115kg the next day. Get at me brah.
Like a boss.


I was also wearing my rugby teams sweatshirt for the first three tons of the lift? Represent.

Our socials are lame as fuck, last semester they wouldnt throw parties with themes. This semester they're definitely a step up, and i'm looking forward to what will happen next weekend, but all the sororities are in rush right now. I still live in a fucking dorm room as a Junior though QQ.

Did get to walk past both of my RA's, my assistant residence director and my residence director with a bottle of bourbon today though. Being 21 feels pretty badass when you live with people younger than you.


edit: my wingspan is 6'6 and my height is 6'4, I qualify as "lanky" although I appear to be less so through proper posture and improving musculature. Get to work on that, it's more a blessing in the deadlift than it is a curse anywhere else.
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
February 04 2012 09:40 GMT
#1042
On February 04 2012 18:28 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2012 18:21 Kamais Ookin wrote:
On February 04 2012 18:10 decafchicken wrote:
On February 04 2012 13:02 phyre112 wrote:
Dear population of Archbold Gymnasium at Syracuse University:

Tonight, you were all out-squatted by a man who's hat had a face. Please contemplate on the direction your lives are headed in.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Means nothing. I hosted a neon paint party last night and snatched 115kg the next day. Get at me brah.
Like a boss.


I was also wearing my rugby teams sweatshirt for the first three tons of the lift? Represent.

Our socials are lame as fuck, last semester they wouldnt throw parties with themes. This semester they're definitely a step up, and i'm looking forward to what will happen next weekend, but all the sororities are in rush right now. I still live in a fucking dorm room as a Junior though QQ.

Did get to walk past both of my RA's, my assistant residence director and my residence director with a bottle of bourbon today though. Being 21 feels pretty badass when you live with people younger than you.


edit: my wingspan is 6'6 and my height is 6'4, I qualify as "lanky" although I appear to be less so through proper posture and improving musculature. Get to work on that, it's more a blessing in the deadlift than it is a curse anywhere else.
Like a baws.
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-04 09:47:46
February 04 2012 09:47 GMT
#1043
On February 04 2012 06:09 BlondeOnBlonde wrote:


455lbs for 6 reps on the deadlift. Bodyweight is 81kg.

Your physique looks pretty impressive, deadlifts is the shit.
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
February 04 2012 10:08 GMT
#1044
k i done it by drawing all over my wall >_>
186 tall (6'1'' damnit )
179 wide (5'10.5'' )
weird my wrist is 17cm at 81kg bodyweight
i have very long torso (noticed recently) .
okay enough BSing i have to go to gym LOL
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
February 04 2012 11:22 GMT
#1045
On February 04 2012 06:09 BlondeOnBlonde wrote:
http://youtu.be/A6dMxRv0JlQ

455lbs for 6 reps on the deadlift. Bodyweight is 81kg.

I liked the warcry before the last rep :D Good job!
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
February 04 2012 13:24 GMT
#1046
wooah, my whole body just decided to give up today lol

i done 5 reps of OHP 42.5kg , then couldnt do more than 1 (done 30kg 12-11 instead after that -_- )
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
February 04 2012 18:54 GMT
#1047
Weighed myself yesterday, lost 10 lbs in 5 months since I left North America for Japan lol, good thing I'm going to be in U.S. for the next four, where food is literally 1/4 of the cost LOL
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
February 04 2012 22:04 GMT
#1048

fucking impressive lol!
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
February 04 2012 22:52 GMT
#1049
On February 05 2012 07:04 AoN.DimSum wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpVbMVvMj9M&feature=related
fucking impressive lol!


Great idea and really good stuff.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-05 23:06:12
February 04 2012 22:53 GMT
#1050
On February 04 2012 14:38 emjaytron wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2012 10:13 GoTuNk! wrote:
On February 04 2012 10:05 emjaytron wrote:
is that low-bar?

yeah


I am going to have to try that. Although I have a feeling my shoulder flexibility will be problematic. I'm guessing you can do slightly more weight low-bar due to the shorter lever length of your torso?


I think so. I purposedly placed the bar even lower than I usually do cause my squat is "quad" dominant and I tend to go foward with really heavy weights (goodmorning like), so my technique is a lot smoother and better with the barbell there.

For shoulder flexibilty everyone should be doing "shoulder dislocates" at least 4 times a week.

Also my night was quite epic, as moderation in alcohol and weight lifting sucks.

memegenerator not working so, imagine drunk bachelor frog between the lines.

"Squat 170kg

Get drunk, puke twice in the morning and have fever"

And by morning I mean 7pm -_-
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-05 00:49:16
February 05 2012 00:48 GMT
#1051
On February 05 2012 07:04 AoN.DimSum wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpVbMVvMj9M&feature=related
fucking impressive lol!

Haha, that's the guy that Pendlay uses you to teach the Pendlay row.



Funny how I can remember that about 6 months after watching the video.

Also, insanely impressive squat.
Moderator
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
February 05 2012 01:09 GMT
#1052
I want that shirt hes wearing lol
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
February 05 2012 01:19 GMT
#1053
Haha yeah I was thinking the same thing.

http://70sbig.spreadshirt.com/occupy-a-squat-rack-A8682258

$24 + S&H? Ehh no thanks.
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
February 05 2012 04:01 GMT
#1054
lol maybe not on the tshirt..

btw i remembered someone who developed an allergy to eggs on this forum. Could it be a soy allergy since all chickens are fed with soy?

this isnt a great source lol
http://www.grassfedtraditions.com/organic_soy_free_eggs.htm
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-05 05:00:11
February 05 2012 04:53 GMT
#1055
On February 05 2012 13:01 AoN.DimSum wrote:
lol maybe not on the tshirt..

btw i remembered someone who developed an allergy to eggs on this forum. Could it be a soy allergy since all chickens are fed with soy?

this isnt a great source lol
http://www.grassfedtraditions.com/organic_soy_free_eggs.htm


This is why I get my eggs free-range from the chickens that my cousin has raised ^_^. The whole grass fed cow in my freezer at home, the limitless free-range eggs for a dollar a dozen, fresh local (<50 miles away) fruits and veggies all spring/fall/summer long... There are advantages, when it comes to diet for living in the absolute middle of nowhere. Now if only I could find an oly coach in my area, my life would be complete =p.

edit: I'm absolutely getting myself a shirt like that when I have some spare change, as well as some of the liftbigeatbig stuff ("if you can't fix it with squats or fish oil" image being my phone background right now).

I know I posted a while ago about lifting blogs to follow, but I feel like it didn't get much attention. Who else do you guys read often?

I read:
http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/ (eshlow's buddy, paleo/diet/health themed blog)
http://www.liftbigeatbig.com/ (some crossfit trainer who is a complete BOSS)
http://fuckyeahcrossfit.tumblr.com/ (motivational pictures of crossfitters blog)
http://wildgorillaman.blogspot.com/ (hot chicks lifting heavy shit)
http://markyoungtrainingsystems.com/ (random "scientific" PT blog that I'm trying out, just started following)
http://www.roglawfitness.com/ (blog about getting sexy, just started following)
http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/ (ballin' competitive powerlifter, great to look at lifting competitively/professionally vs lifestyle of the previous)
http://www.allthingsgym.com/ (random workout blog that I just started following.)

Anyone have anything else?
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-05 06:29:33
February 05 2012 06:26 GMT
#1056
Yay basically recovered from cold

Squat: 320lbs: 5-5-5
Incl. Bench: 125lbs: 5-5-5
DL: 315lbs: 5

For a set of Deadlifts, is it "okay" to be pausing 5-10 seconds between reach rep to regrip?
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-05 11:08:38
February 05 2012 09:43 GMT
#1057
On February 05 2012 13:53 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2012 13:01 AoN.DimSum wrote:
lol maybe not on the tshirt..

btw i remembered someone who developed an allergy to eggs on this forum. Could it be a soy allergy since all chickens are fed with soy?

this isnt a great source lol
http://www.grassfedtraditions.com/organic_soy_free_eggs.htm


This is why I get my eggs free-range from the chickens that my cousin has raised ^_^. The whole grass fed cow in my freezer at home, the limitless free-range eggs for a dollar a dozen, fresh local (<50 miles away) fruits and veggies all spring/fall/summer long... There are advantages, when it comes to diet for living in the absolute middle of nowhere. Now if only I could find an oly coach in my area, my life would be complete =p.

edit: I'm absolutely getting myself a shirt like that when I have some spare change, as well as some of the liftbigeatbig stuff ("if you can't fix it with squats or fish oil" image being my phone background right now).

I know I posted a while ago about lifting blogs to follow, but I feel like it didn't get much attention. Who else do you guys read often?

I read:
http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/ (eshlow's buddy, paleo/diet/health themed blog)
http://www.liftbigeatbig.com/ (some crossfit trainer who is a complete BOSS)
http://fuckyeahcrossfit.tumblr.com/ (motivational pictures of crossfitters blog)
http://wildgorillaman.blogspot.com/ (hot chicks lifting heavy shit)
http://markyoungtrainingsystems.com/ (random "scientific" PT blog that I'm trying out, just started following)
http://www.roglawfitness.com/ (blog about getting sexy, just started following)
http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/ (ballin' competitive powerlifter, great to look at lifting competitively/professionally vs lifestyle of the previous)
http://www.allthingsgym.com/ (random workout blog that I just started following.)

Anyone have anything else?

So in the lift big eat big blog I noticed in the second entry from the top, the one about warming up, that you should stretch BEFORE the workout, something that was advised against in the last page of this thread. That annoys me.

Edit: I like the gorillaman blog though. Chaos and pain is awesome.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
February 05 2012 10:20 GMT
#1058
On February 05 2012 18:43 Osmoses wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2012 13:53 phyre112 wrote:
On February 05 2012 13:01 AoN.DimSum wrote:
lol maybe not on the tshirt..

btw i remembered someone who developed an allergy to eggs on this forum. Could it be a soy allergy since all chickens are fed with soy?

this isnt a great source lol
http://www.grassfedtraditions.com/organic_soy_free_eggs.htm


This is why I get my eggs free-range from the chickens that my cousin has raised ^_^. The whole grass fed cow in my freezer at home, the limitless free-range eggs for a dollar a dozen, fresh local (<50 miles away) fruits and veggies all spring/fall/summer long... There are advantages, when it comes to diet for living in the absolute middle of nowhere. Now if only I could find an oly coach in my area, my life would be complete =p.

edit: I'm absolutely getting myself a shirt like that when I have some spare change, as well as some of the liftbigeatbig stuff ("if you can't fix it with squats or fish oil" image being my phone background right now).

I know I posted a while ago about lifting blogs to follow, but I feel like it didn't get much attention. Who else do you guys read often?

I read:
http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/ (eshlow's buddy, paleo/diet/health themed blog)
http://www.liftbigeatbig.com/ (some crossfit trainer who is a complete BOSS)
http://fuckyeahcrossfit.tumblr.com/ (motivational pictures of crossfitters blog)
http://wildgorillaman.blogspot.com/ (hot chicks lifting heavy shit)
http://markyoungtrainingsystems.com/ (random "scientific" PT blog that I'm trying out, just started following)
http://www.roglawfitness.com/ (blog about getting sexy, just started following)
http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/ (ballin' competitive powerlifter, great to look at lifting competitively/professionally vs lifestyle of the previous)
http://www.allthingsgym.com/ (random workout blog that I just started following.)

Anyone have anything else?

So in the lift big eat big blog I noticed in the second entry from the top, the one about warming up, that you should stretch BEFORE the workout, something that was advised against in the last page of this thread. That annoys me.

Edit: I like the gorillaman blog though.


iirc, liftbigeatbig advocates doing some dynamic stretching as part of the warm up (leg swings, bodyweight jump squatting for squats, etc.) which is not specifically recommended against here either. It's the "typical" static stretch, followed by warm up on treadmill, followed by movement specific warmup, followed by lift that is advocated against at tlhf. Nothing to get mad over.
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
February 05 2012 13:05 GMT
#1059
On February 05 2012 15:26 thedeadhaji wrote:
Yay basically recovered from cold

Squat: 320lbs: 5-5-5
Incl. Bench: 125lbs: 5-5-5
DL: 315lbs: 5

For a set of Deadlifts, is it "okay" to be pausing 5-10 seconds between reach rep to regrip?

I generally do that. I try not to, but if my grip feels off I always redo the girp and make sure it doesn't slip.
Moderator
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
February 05 2012 13:38 GMT
#1060


scary, hookgrip time? :r
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1021
910 108
Hyun 68
NotJumperer 45
Bale 34
sorry 25
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto219
League of Legends
JimRising 610
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King137
Other Games
summit1g6843
Coldzera 719
WinterStarcraft388
C9.Mang0234
ceh9232
NeuroSwarm108
ViBE32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick609
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 31
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2246
League of Legends
• Rush1181
• Lourlo1032
• Stunt364
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 32m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 32m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 32m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.