• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:31
CEST 11:31
KST 18:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9147 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 55

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 379 Next
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
February 05 2012 22:33 GMT
#1081
On February 06 2012 04:26 AsnSensation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2012 00:45 ShadeR wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Alright guys.
Justed started Wing Chun.
180cm
73kgs
Been taking Dymatize Super Mass Gainer for about 3/4 weeks gain 3ish kilos thus far.
I go gym Friday nights. Train wing chun which is pretty much cardio i think. Mondays, Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.

This is my goal.
[image loading]

Advice questions are welcome.


Funny that the Pic you posted isnt from donnie's ip man 1+2 ^^ where he used wing chun

I'm not immune to get shredded get bitches mentality.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
February 05 2012 23:06 GMT
#1082
On February 05 2012 07:53 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2012 14:38 emjaytron wrote:
On February 04 2012 10:13 GoTuNk! wrote:
On February 04 2012 10:05 emjaytron wrote:
is that low-bar?

yeah


I am going to have to try that. Although I have a feeling my shoulder flexibility will be problematic. I'm guessing you can do slightly more weight low-bar due to the shorter lever length of your torso?


I think so. I purposedly placed the bar even lower than I usually do cause my squat is "quad" dominant and I tend to go foward with really heavy weights (goodmorning like), so my technique is a lot smoother and better with the barbell there.

For shoulder flexibilty everyone should be doing "shoulder dislocates" at least 4 times a week.

Also my night was quite epic, as moderation in alcohol and weight lifting sucks.

memegenerator not working so, imagine drunk bachelor frog between the lines.

"Squat 170kg

Get drunk, puke twice in the morning and have fever"

Oh boy.


Just find out I spent 300 bucks on booze and lost my credit card.
Oh boy...

Go pats -_-
MajinMojo
Profile Joined October 2010
266 Posts
February 05 2012 23:22 GMT
#1083
Took a longer break than I really wanted to. After last week I wound up getting sick in the middle of the week but thought it would be a good idea to grind through a light weight / high volume lifting day anyway and see if my stomach got any better.

I forget the technical term for it, but because my stomach hurt so much (it got worse after lifting) I started compensating in other ways, so my back has been really rickety now from constantly being doubled over with stomach pain LoL. I feel like I'm finally past it though.

Today - Hockey practice followed by Super Bowl
Tomorrow - Lift weiiiiiigggghhhhhhts.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
February 06 2012 01:14 GMT
#1084
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-06 01:53:46
February 06 2012 01:49 GMT
#1085
Here is my SuperBowl-celebration-day in numbers:
Calories
6.076
Fat
246.2g
Carbohydrate
770.2g
Protein
176.1g

It involved a whole apple pie. My stomach is only mildly amused, to say the least.

"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
February 06 2012 01:59 GMT
#1086
You sure the calories are right? Says you ate 6 calories of food.
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
February 06 2012 02:08 GMT
#1087
I'm sure he meant 6076
Official Entusman #21
xJupiter9x
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States150 Posts
February 06 2012 02:39 GMT
#1088
On February 06 2012 02:20 Zafrumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2012 00:18 xJupiter9x wrote:
I am finally back!! Graduated bootcamp on Friday now i am in Pensacola, Florida for the next 9 months. So glad to be able to start lifting again. I am probably weak as shit right now.


are you still trying to become a navy SEAL?

right now yes, but its going to take me like 2-3 years to get a contract
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
February 06 2012 02:56 GMT
#1089
On February 06 2012 10:59 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
You sure the calories are right? Says you ate 6 calories of food.


It was a middle-sized fried peanut.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-06 04:37:15
February 06 2012 04:36 GMT
#1090
On February 06 2012 07:20 FiWiFaKi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2012 07:09 rEiGN~ wrote:
and the obvious: alternate the hand with supinated grip?


I really don't think that would do much whatsoever. Your tendons will get stronger if you keep using the same hand.

I've been reading a lot on it, and it doesn't seem like a very common injury if you're doing proper deadlift technique. Some sources were saying that you get severe pain if there is that much pain on the tendon so if you feel a large pain in your bicep don't fight it. People on the youtube vid were saying that it is likely the result of steroid use, but I wont get into that.

There's no real way you're going to strengthen that part of your arm for the deadlift using other exercises. Doing 60-70lb bicep curls aren't holding nearly as much weight as a heavy deadlift. The other alternative is to always use a overhand grip, some power-lifters actually do, there are videos of 900lb+ overhand grip deadlifts, although others say it's very painful using the overhand grip for their highest weights.

I think I'll just stick to overhand grip for my two warm ups (50% and 75% of DL weight) and be careful on the last set.


Do alternate them, to avoid muscle imbalances. Its ok if you do not alternate the last week of a 12 week cycle and you are going for a 1 rep max obv.

Also, to avoid that bicep tear, just keep your triceps pulling hard.
emjaytron
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia544 Posts
February 06 2012 08:26 GMT
#1091
On February 06 2012 10:14 FFGenerations wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv6LvgqbEMU


i think this could be technically classified as masturbation
Grubby - SaSe - Oz - Hero
ludic123
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Norway161 Posts
February 06 2012 15:38 GMT
#1092
Okay, so here are my stats for the big three:

Bench 140kg
Deadlift ~100kg
Squat ~90kg

I realize there is a ridiculous disparity here. My question is whether I should just stop working out my chest for a little while and get those other exercises up to par? Also, I think I hurt my chest a little last time(I was a little sick at the time, but felt fine. Just a lot of coughing and some slime in my throat) It's at the side of my chest, marked with yellow on the picture
It doesn't really hurt except when i stretch out my arm (and also when i then pull it back). Even then it doesn't hurt a lot. 3 or 4 on the pain scale I guess. Is there any alleviating exercises? And if I should postpone my chest workout regarding the injury?

[image loading]
illuminos
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
30 Posts
February 06 2012 16:46 GMT
#1093
So I just posted in the general forum, got trolled super hard, and had my thread closed. Lol
MajinMojo
Profile Joined October 2010
266 Posts
February 06 2012 17:45 GMT
#1094
Halftime skate on the pond. Taken from my cousin's iPhone so it looks like I'm on the surface of the moon.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
February 06 2012 19:28 GMT
#1095
Shit. Fuck.

Ok so thus far my diet has consisted mostly of beef, potatoes and veggies. On workout days i feel like I'm stuffing myself, doing my largest meal at lunch because I do the lg early morning workout. I don't know if I could eat more.

Now, I was using an app to keep track of my kalorie intake. In this app, I was told that 500g of mashed potatoes equalled about 300g of carbs. Recent intel suggests that this is bullshit, and that potatoes provide maybe a fifth of that (500g = 60-70 carbs). So, fucking fuck fuck, I guess I haven't been eating nearly enough carbs for about 2 months. There is no way I can eat five times as many carbs as my current diet. Maybe double if I want to hate myself.

So, advice, please: how do I eat 400g of carbs in a 8 hour window? Proteins are relatively easy, I wuv meat, but who do I trust on the nutritional value of potatoes?
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 06 2012 19:54 GMT
#1096
hahahaha:

how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 06 2012 20:03 GMT
#1097
lol that look.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-06 20:28:55
February 06 2012 20:26 GMT
#1098
On February 07 2012 04:28 Osmoses wrote:
Shit. Fuck.

Ok so thus far my diet has consisted mostly of beef, potatoes and veggies. On workout days i feel like I'm stuffing myself, doing my largest meal at lunch because I do the lg early morning workout. I don't know if I could eat more.

Now, I was using an app to keep track of my kalorie intake. In this app, I was told that 500g of mashed potatoes equalled about 300g of carbs. Recent intel suggests that this is bullshit, and that potatoes provide maybe a fifth of that (500g = 60-70 carbs). So, fucking fuck fuck, I guess I haven't been eating nearly enough carbs for about 2 months. There is no way I can eat five times as many carbs as my current diet. Maybe double if I want to hate myself.

So, advice, please: how do I eat 400g of carbs in a 8 hour window? Proteins are relatively easy, I wuv meat, but who do I trust on the nutritional value of potatoes?


any type of fruit (preferrably banana or mango), honey, milk, donuts... anything with sugar!
or white rice
400g carbs seems like a lot.. you sure thats right?
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
February 06 2012 20:47 GMT
#1099
On February 07 2012 00:38 ludic123 wrote:
Okay, so here are my stats for the big three:

Bench 140kg
Deadlift ~100kg
Squat ~90kg

I realize there is a ridiculous disparity here. My question is whether I should just stop working out my chest for a little while and get those other exercises up to par? Also, I think I hurt my chest a little last time(I was a little sick at the time, but felt fine. Just a lot of coughing and some slime in my throat) It's at the side of my chest, marked with yellow on the picture
It doesn't really hurt except when i stretch out my arm (and also when i then pull it back). Even then it doesn't hurt a lot. 3 or 4 on the pain scale I guess. Is there any alleviating exercises? And if I should postpone my chest workout regarding the injury?

[image loading]


Cannot help you with the injury stuff there, but to stop working on your chest just because your Deadlift and Squat are bad seems like a dumb idea, you obviously wanna catch up by being strong all around and not by making your bench weaker. Imbalances such as these don't cause any problems, besides that you may look stupid (I just recently recognized a guy with a massive upper body in my gym, who has literally chicken legs. When I meet him in the locker room, I want to yell at him - don't be that guy ). Just make squatting and deadlifting the top-priority in your programming for a while and keep benching.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Logros
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands9913 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-06 20:59:31
February 06 2012 20:50 GMT
#1100
On February 07 2012 05:03 sJarl wrote:
lol that look.

She mirin' hard.

On February 07 2012 04:28 Osmoses wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Shit. Fuck.

Ok so thus far my diet has consisted mostly of beef, potatoes and veggies. On workout days i feel like I'm stuffing myself, doing my largest meal at lunch because I do the lg early morning workout. I don't know if I could eat more.

Now, I was using an app to keep track of my kalorie intake. In this app, I was told that 500g of mashed potatoes equalled about 300g of carbs. Recent intel suggests that this is bullshit, and that potatoes provide maybe a fifth of that (500g = 60-70 carbs). So, fucking fuck fuck, I guess I haven't been eating nearly enough carbs for about 2 months. There is no way I can eat five times as many carbs as my current diet. Maybe double if I want to hate myself.

So, advice, please: how do I eat 400g of carbs in a 8 hour window? Proteins are relatively easy, I wuv meat, but who do I trust on the nutritional value of potatoes?

I take it you're doing Leangains? What really helps me hit ~400 carbs is milk (2L+) and potatoes in the big PW meal and later on in the day rice.
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech6
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 401
Horang2 303
Larva 257
EffOrt 180
Mind 76
Hyun 62
scan(afreeca) 51
NotJumperer 42
Killer 40
Bale 38
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 37
Sharp 35
sorry 35
Shinee 22
Sacsri 13
Hm[arnc] 13
Pusan 13
Barracks 6
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto110
League of Legends
JimRising 415
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1209
edward536
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King110
Other Games
summit1g8077
ceh9649
Happy319
crisheroes199
Sick175
dupreeh65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick594
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2271
League of Legends
• Jankos1204
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
29m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 29m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 29m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.