• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:31
CEST 11:31
KST 18:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9197 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 56

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 379 Next
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
February 06 2012 20:53 GMT
#1101
On February 06 2012 06:42 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2012 05:02 FiWiFaKi wrote:
On February 05 2012 22:38 rEiGN~ wrote:


scary, hookgrip time? :r


Holy shit that is scary. I'm legit going to be worried about deadlift now, I'm slowly pushing to 400lb and I definitely don't want that to happen. The technique there by no means looked that bad, so if some expert could come point out how to minimize the chance of that injury I'd appreciate it S;


Don't bend your elbows deadlifting

Make sure you don't work through any tendon pain.

Do high reps (like 20-30 reps) with lighter weight every few months for a couple weeks. Allows tendons to help catch up with strength if you're working on strength

Would this logic of high reps every few months work on squats too?
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
February 06 2012 21:05 GMT
#1102
^

I actually have a similar question, I sometime hear this rumour ( or advice, depends on how you see it) that you have to mix it up for your workout and vary in reps every few months.

So let's say Im in Stronglifts for 5months now e.g. my squat has been stalling for 3 workouts aka 1 week @ 125kg now, so can I just take less weight and do high reps for let's say the rest of february and then lift heavy again?
Or is it only broscience and I should just deload and work my way up to 125kg again in 2 weeks.

cheers
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
February 06 2012 21:14 GMT
#1103
On February 07 2012 06:05 AsnSensation wrote:
^

I actually have a similar question, I sometime hear this rumour ( or advice, depends on how you see it) that you have to mix it up for your workout and vary in reps every few months.

So let's say Im in Stronglifts for 5months now e.g. my squat has been stalling for 3 workouts aka 1 week @ 125kg now, so can I just take less weight and do high reps for let's say the rest of february and then lift heavy again?
Or is it only broscience and I should just deload and work my way up to 125kg again in 2 weeks.

cheers


"muscle confusion" for the most part is bullshit. It stems from how advanced trainees need to vary their rep ranges, periodize their weights, and even switch in assistance exercises... but most anyone giving advice about it, or taking advice about it isn't in the "advanced stage" that would require such a thing. For someone at the level to need stronglifts, just a deload should be plenty to keep you going, unless you're just nearing the end of the program.

That's not to say you can't switch things up and do front squats or something for the hell of it, so long as you understand it's not directly going to help your back squat.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-06 21:23:30
February 06 2012 21:21 GMT
#1104
On February 07 2012 05:26 Zafrumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2012 04:28 Osmoses wrote:
Shit. Fuck.

Ok so thus far my diet has consisted mostly of beef, potatoes and veggies. On workout days i feel like I'm stuffing myself, doing my largest meal at lunch because I do the lg early morning workout. I don't know if I could eat more.

Now, I was using an app to keep track of my kalorie intake. In this app, I was told that 500g of mashed potatoes equalled about 300g of carbs. Recent intel suggests that this is bullshit, and that potatoes provide maybe a fifth of that (500g = 60-70 carbs). So, fucking fuck fuck, I guess I haven't been eating nearly enough carbs for about 2 months. There is no way I can eat five times as many carbs as my current diet. Maybe double if I want to hate myself.

So, advice, please: how do I eat 400g of carbs in a 8 hour window? Proteins are relatively easy, I wuv meat, but who do I trust on the nutritional value of potatoes?


any type of fruit (preferrably banana or mango), honey, milk, donuts... anything with sugar!
or white rice
400g carbs seems like a lot.. you sure thats right?


400g carbs = ~ 7+ full sized/500g chocolate bars. you might mean 400kcal of mash potato, in which case it might be made with milk/cream, might not. just eat until it almost hurts/eat until youre full. thats enough. rice is cool too
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 06 2012 21:24 GMT
#1105
On February 07 2012 00:38 ludic123 wrote:
Okay, so here are my stats for the big three:

Bench 140kg
Deadlift ~100kg
Squat ~90kg

I realize there is a ridiculous disparity here. My question is whether I should just stop working out my chest for a little while and get those other exercises up to par? Also, I think I hurt my chest a little last time(I was a little sick at the time, but felt fine. Just a lot of coughing and some slime in my throat) It's at the side of my chest, marked with yellow on the picture
It doesn't really hurt except when i stretch out my arm (and also when i then pull it back). Even then it doesn't hurt a lot. 3 or 4 on the pain scale I guess. Is there any alleviating exercises? And if I should postpone my chest workout regarding the injury?

[image loading]


Strained...?

And yes, might be a good idea to bring up your other lifts...

http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/01/on-muscle-strains/
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 06 2012 21:26 GMT
#1106
On February 07 2012 05:53 KOVU wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2012 06:42 eshlow wrote:
On February 06 2012 05:02 FiWiFaKi wrote:
On February 05 2012 22:38 rEiGN~ wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjq82nYPUeo

scary, hookgrip time? :r


Holy shit that is scary. I'm legit going to be worried about deadlift now, I'm slowly pushing to 400lb and I definitely don't want that to happen. The technique there by no means looked that bad, so if some expert could come point out how to minimize the chance of that injury I'd appreciate it S;


Don't bend your elbows deadlifting

Make sure you don't work through any tendon pain.

Do high reps (like 20-30 reps) with lighter weight every few months for a couple weeks. Allows tendons to help catch up with strength if you're working on strength

Would this logic of high reps every few months work on squats too?


This is just if you're REALLY worried about injuroing your connective tissues.

So yes, if you're super worried do high reps every few months.

On February 07 2012 06:05 AsnSensation wrote:
^

I actually have a similar question, I sometime hear this rumour ( or advice, depends on how you see it) that you have to mix it up for your workout and vary in reps every few months.

So let's say Im in Stronglifts for 5months now e.g. my squat has been stalling for 3 workouts aka 1 week @ 125kg now, so can I just take less weight and do high reps for let's say the rest of february and then lift heavy again?
Or is it only broscience and I should just deload and work my way up to 125kg again in 2 weeks.

cheers


It's one way to periodize training.

But you really don't need to do that with a proper deload and you can probably get more strength/mass gains working strength/mass isntead of massive high reps.

Pretty much what phyre said....
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Donkeys
Profile Joined August 2010
Mexico308 Posts
February 06 2012 21:34 GMT
#1107
Today's workout:

Squat 100x5x3 105x3x2
Bench 80x8 80x5x2 85x1x2
Deadlift 130x5 115x6

My bench went up, 80kg feels easy now. Gonna try to hit 100kg, gonna be epicccc haha
http://www.belowtherimyo.blogspot.com/
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-06 21:52:54
February 06 2012 21:52 GMT
#1108
nice i wonder how long it takes to reach 100 from 80 (3x5s). and 120 from 100, and 140 from 120 lol
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
February 06 2012 22:30 GMT
#1109
I hit 1x100kg bench when i benched 3x5 with 85 so it won't take long from 80.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
February 07 2012 01:12 GMT
#1110
Ive been feeling like complete shit the past couple workouts. started out with resetting my squat because my knee felt super weird. next day even at the lower weight my knee was still fucking with me. nothing hurts, but when I go down, I feel an unusual tension inbetween the knee cap and the lower calf bone and i get super scared.
now all my other lifts are falling apart and in general i feel really lethargic. I havent changed my diet much, although I did go drinking two days in a row this weekend, but not anything excessive.
I have been cutting for a long time so maybe its just that catching up to me. (gone from 192 to 186 since the beginning of the year. wheeee!)

i guess my question is any tips on getting back into it other than just resetting everything? eat more protein and sleep more(ive been getting 8-9hrs a night)? take a week break? stretch?
Tulius
Profile Joined June 2011
Brazil52 Posts
February 07 2012 01:13 GMT
#1111
On February 07 2012 04:28 Osmoses wrote:
Shit. Fuck.

Ok so thus far my diet has consisted mostly of beef, potatoes and veggies. On workout days i feel like I'm stuffing myself, doing my largest meal at lunch because I do the lg early morning workout. I don't know if I could eat more.

Now, I was using an app to keep track of my kalorie intake. In this app, I was told that 500g of mashed potatoes equalled about 300g of carbs. Recent intel suggests that this is bullshit, and that potatoes provide maybe a fifth of that (500g = 60-70 carbs). So, fucking fuck fuck, I guess I haven't been eating nearly enough carbs for about 2 months. There is no way I can eat five times as many carbs as my current diet. Maybe double if I want to hate myself.

So, advice, please: how do I eat 400g of carbs in a 8 hour window? Proteins are relatively easy, I wuv meat, but who do I trust on the nutritional value of potatoes?


After a long time struggling with my weight (trying to get enough calories to be able to gain some muscle) I found out the only way I could do it was adding a LOT of fat to my diet (before that I used to do a kind of low fat diet).

Since 1g of fat = 9 kcals while 1h of carbs = 4 kcals, it's so much easier to hit your energy needs if you add fat to your meals. Another big difference is that fatty foods are usually much more dense (15g of olive oil = 15g of fat) while carb foods usually have a lot of water/fiber/whatever, so they make you feel really stuffed.

Now I'm eating mostly protein + fats on rest days and on workout days I'll add some carbs (fruits, sweet potato, sometimes rice [which is kinda dense for carbs]) but still eat a lot of fat with it (butter, olive oil, avocado, fat meat, etc.).

Eating fat won't necessarily make you fat, especially if you have trouble gaining weight.

Anyway, if you really want to eat those 400g of carbs I'd recommend rice and heavy carb fruits like bananas, oranges, etc.
BlondeOnBlonde
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada150 Posts
February 07 2012 01:24 GMT
#1112
On February 07 2012 00:38 ludic123 wrote:
Okay, so here are my stats for the big three:

Bench 140kg
Deadlift ~100kg
Squat ~90kg

I realize there is a ridiculous disparity here. My question is whether I should just stop working out my chest for a little while and get those other exercises up to par? Also, I think I hurt my chest a little last time(I was a little sick at the time, but felt fine. Just a lot of coughing and some slime in my throat) It's at the side of my chest, marked with yellow on the picture
It doesn't really hurt except when i stretch out my arm (and also when i then pull it back). Even then it doesn't hurt a lot. 3 or 4 on the pain scale I guess. Is there any alleviating exercises? And if I should postpone my chest workout regarding the injury?

[image loading]


You have tight pec minor along with poor tissue quality at the coracoid process. This shoulder protocol will most likely help :


About mixed grip for deadlift, I always use a mixed grip, never switch hands and do holds after the lifts. The biceps should be just fine if you don't try to flex the elbow. Pulled 3x bw and never had any sort of pain.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 07 2012 01:24 GMT
#1113
Yes!!!!

85kg (+10kg Bw clean!) so happy :D
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
February 07 2012 02:10 GMT
#1114
FML! I can't do heavy squats effectively!

Fucking, when I'm doing my work-set I'm shaking like a woman being drilled in the ass from a 14inch monster cock, it's not a pretty sight. The reason is because of my fucking groin, when I'm squatting lower weights I don't really feel it and it's no problem but on heavy squat it's killing it, I do squat to stands and that helps a lot but it's not enough damnit, I'm tired of this BS.
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 07 2012 02:45 GMT
#1115
Went out wed-sun so obviously todays lift was pretty shit. damn concert/parties/superbowl T_T
Squat - 3x5 @ 150kg. Gonna start doing more sets in the 5-10 range as rugby is approaching and i want to up my endurance a bit.
Snatched up to 105, felt good about how close i was keeping the bar.
CJ up to 120, same as snatch. Squat jerked 100kg for lols! So difficult. I'm almost as badass as dimsum though :-p
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
February 07 2012 02:45 GMT
#1116
low bar squat: my wrist is at an acute angle and ripp says that it should be straight. my shoulders hurt a lot when i try to pull elbows up. How can i increase flexibility?
☺
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-07 03:05:18
February 07 2012 03:03 GMT
#1117
So I've been working out using starting strength for a few weeks and I'm squatting a massive 75kg. The other day though, I got this huge headache (maybe I forgot to breathe, idk) and basically couldn't move for 30 minutes. Anyway, now I'm getting those headaches every time I go and squat (remembering to breathe) and every time I fap (sadface). What am I doing wrong?

If it helps, I weigh a puny <65kg.

Edit: The severeness of the headaches always dies down after 10~ minutes but then it still persists for the rest of the day, leaving me tired and out of it for the rest of the day. Which sucks, because I like going to the gym in the morning.
lalala
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
February 07 2012 03:09 GMT
#1118
On February 07 2012 12:03 youngminii wrote:
So I've been working out using starting strength for a few weeks and I'm squatting a massive 75kg. The other day though, I got this huge headache (maybe I forgot to breathe, idk) and basically couldn't move for 30 minutes. Anyway, now I'm getting those headaches every time I go and squat (remembering to breathe) and every time I fap (sadface). What am I doing wrong?

If it helps, I weigh a puny <65kg.

Edit: The severeness of the headaches always dies down after 10~ minutes but then it still persists for the rest of the day, leaving me tired and out of it for the rest of the day. Which sucks, because I like going to the gym in the morning.

Sucks to hear that. I get headaches when I do pulling exercises (chin-ups, curls, etc) so I can't do weighted chin-ups anymore, I was getting pretty strong too
But lol at the fapping
Official Entusman #21
lyAsakura
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1414 Posts
February 07 2012 03:16 GMT
#1119
On February 07 2012 11:45 Release wrote:
low bar squat: my wrist is at an acute angle and ripp says that it should be straight. my shoulders hurt a lot when i try to pull elbows up. How can i increase flexibility?


ripp says it should be above the bar lol
i don't see how that can make your wrist into an acute angle
WeMade FOX would be a deadly SC2 team.
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
February 07 2012 03:20 GMT
#1120
On February 07 2012 12:09 infinity21 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2012 12:03 youngminii wrote:
So I've been working out using starting strength for a few weeks and I'm squatting a massive 75kg. The other day though, I got this huge headache (maybe I forgot to breathe, idk) and basically couldn't move for 30 minutes. Anyway, now I'm getting those headaches every time I go and squat (remembering to breathe) and every time I fap (sadface). What am I doing wrong?

If it helps, I weigh a puny <65kg.

Edit: The severeness of the headaches always dies down after 10~ minutes but then it still persists for the rest of the day, leaving me tired and out of it for the rest of the day. Which sucks, because I like going to the gym in the morning.

Sucks to hear that. I get headaches when I do pulling exercises (chin-ups, curls, etc) so I can't do weighted chin-ups anymore, I was getting pretty strong too
But lol at the fapping

I would maybe understand if I was actually getting strong, but I'm squatting such a puny amount. I swear I've squatted more than this a few years ago, when I gym'd for a month or two. None of this headache business..
lalala
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech6
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 410
Horang2 320
Larva 269
EffOrt 247
Mind 65
Hyun 55
scan(afreeca) 47
sorry 45
Pusan 43
ggaemo 43
[ Show more ]
Killer 42
NotJumperer 42
Bale 41
Sharp 33
Sacsri 19
Shinee 19
Barracks 18
Yoon 15
Hm[arnc] 12
Noble 5
Dota 2
febbydoto110
League of Legends
JimRising 415
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1209
edward536
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King120
Other Games
summit1g8077
ceh9649
Happy319
crisheroes189
Sick175
dupreeh65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick594
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2271
League of Legends
• Jankos1204
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
29m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 29m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 29m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.