• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:32
CEST 06:32
KST 13:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7898 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 50

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 48 49 50 51 52 379 Next
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-03 01:46:07
February 03 2012 01:13 GMT
#981
As are we all.

Damnit, having more spinal cord stuff. Have to suspend until another visit. This will all be resolved when surgery occurs, but massive atrophy will occur as well :|

Damnit. I know it's atrophy too.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-03 01:32:05
February 03 2012 01:31 GMT
#982
On February 03 2012 10:13 Froadac wrote:
As are we all.

Damnit, having more spinal cord stuff. Have to suspend until another visit. This will all be resolved when surgery occurs, but massive hypertrophy will occur as well :|


Atrophy. Hypertrophy is growing. Unless you meant after the surgery, when you're going to become an absolute MONSTER.

Missing rugby tonight because I have a bunch of work to catch up on. Lifting tomorrow I guess, I'm absolutely frightened by my squats, totalled everything up and I'm squatting almost 11,000 lbs over the sets and reps tomorrow. On the plus side, I think I'm responding well to the volume. I'm never sore, but I feel like my legs are just tired enough that they can keep going (to practice, to lifeguarding, and to squatting). If I were actually moving a real weight instead of 1.5x bw (like sJarl, Gotunk, malinor all did on this program =x) I can see where you would want to cut it short.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
February 03 2012 02:48 GMT
#983
Anyways. Derp.

Physician said bodyweight is definitely safe. Might pick up eshlow's book lol.
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
February 03 2012 05:10 GMT
#984
I'm having withdrawals from the gym =[
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
February 03 2012 05:34 GMT
#985
Looking for that hilarious bench technique video. Does anyone know which page it is on?
☺
AndyJay
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia833 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-03 06:00:32
February 03 2012 06:00 GMT
#986
Duno but quick google... think this is it. + Show Spoiler +
kastoob
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia153 Posts
February 03 2012 08:00 GMT
#987
Argh I hate myself so much today. Ima write a a story about it:
My friend and I started doing Starting Strength together like 7 months ago, and now we are both doing advanced novice, but he's graduated and has an undergraduate degree, but I'm still studying, and he's moved to a different gym. He's squatting 3x5 of 87.5 kg now and I'm stalling at 73.5kg (rep count today was 5,5,3). I had a hip flexor strain which set me back longer than it should because I did not properly diagnose it and tried to just push my way through it (bad idea made recovery a lot longer). But I fixed that and am fine now.
So yea stalled today, and in my self loathing I ate a lot of meat, rice (not cooked at home, I ate out from some asian place) and milk for breakfast (pretty bloated) followed by 3 McDonalds double cheeseburgers for lunch. Now I feel like complete shit >__<. Ugh. Might just cook an omelette for dinner.
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
February 03 2012 08:40 GMT
#988
On February 03 2012 17:00 kastoob wrote:
Argh I hate myself so much today. Ima write a a story about it:
My friend and I started doing Starting Strength together like 7 months ago, and now we are both doing advanced novice, but he's graduated and has an undergraduate degree, but I'm still studying, and he's moved to a different gym. He's squatting 3x5 of 87.5 kg now and I'm stalling at 73.5kg (rep count today was 5,5,3). I had a hip flexor strain which set me back longer than it should because I did not properly diagnose it and tried to just push my way through it (bad idea made recovery a lot longer). But I fixed that and am fine now.
So yea stalled today, and in my self loathing I ate a lot of meat, rice (not cooked at home, I ate out from some asian place) and milk for breakfast (pretty bloated) followed by 3 McDonalds double cheeseburgers for lunch. Now I feel like complete shit >__<. Ugh. Might just cook an omelette for dinner.


I wouldnt worry about eating too much if your squat is at 73kg after 7 months of starting strength you clearly havent been eating as much as you should have hehe
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
kastoob
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia153 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-03 11:53:18
February 03 2012 11:52 GMT
#989
On February 03 2012 17:40 Zafrumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2012 17:00 kastoob wrote:
Argh I hate myself so much today. Ima write a a story about it:
My friend and I started doing Starting Strength together like 7 months ago, and now we are both doing advanced novice, but he's graduated and has an undergraduate degree, but I'm still studying, and he's moved to a different gym. He's squatting 3x5 of 87.5 kg now and I'm stalling at 73.5kg (rep count today was 5,5,3). I had a hip flexor strain which set me back longer than it should because I did not properly diagnose it and tried to just push my way through it (bad idea made recovery a lot longer). But I fixed that and am fine now.
So yea stalled today, and in my self loathing I ate a lot of meat, rice (not cooked at home, I ate out from some asian place) and milk for breakfast (pretty bloated) followed by 3 McDonalds double cheeseburgers for lunch. Now I feel like complete shit >__<. Ugh. Might just cook an omelette for dinner.


I wouldnt worry about eating too much if your squat is at 73kg after 7 months of starting strength you clearly havent been eating as much as you should have hehe

Yea my injury set me back a few months. It also doesn't help when I started me and my friend where learning all the movements ourselves. I have a suspicion I wasn't squatting properly for too long, probably bad loading of the weight. I try to stick my ass out a lot more nowadays.
Also had to take a month off for exams. Ugh I'm making excuses now.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
February 03 2012 12:24 GMT
#990
Squats again today, leveled up by 5kgs no problem. Still too inflexible though, really hard for me to

a) push from my heels rather than my toes
b) keep my back straight at the bottom.

I'm getting there though.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
February 03 2012 12:28 GMT
#991
Last week some guy came to me at gym and said that he was impressed by my squat form.

That was quite unexpected.
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
Garbels
Profile Joined July 2010
Austria653 Posts
February 03 2012 13:17 GMT
#992
On February 03 2012 07:47 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2012 07:31 AsnSensation wrote:
Im sure as Idra probably "learned" from Geoff he's not only Benching but also Deadlifting and Squatting.

Speaking of which, I made bunch of cute girls squeal when they found out I have a girlfriend, because I am 'too perfect for a straight guy'. And they said they would 'eat cereal out of your ass anyday'.
.


Anyone elses first thougt "...but... that´s not paleo !" ?
I think i spend to mutch time in TLH&F
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-03 13:31:06
February 03 2012 13:26 GMT
#993
On February 03 2012 21:24 Osmoses wrote:
Squats again today, leveled up by 5kgs no problem. Still too inflexible though, really hard for me to

a) push from my heels rather than my toes
b) keep my back straight at the bottom.

I'm getting there though.


add a "Mobility" column to your spreadsheet chart :p
then every day you can fill it in as "Yes" :p
thats what i done yesterday, idk if its gonna work lol

edit: (ankle) flexibility wont just "appear" really, you need to work it separately and acutely if its lacking. and since its so vital to squats, as soon as possible.
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Snapplecakes
Profile Joined May 2011
Norway78 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-03 13:40:37
February 03 2012 13:38 GMT
#994
On February 03 2012 17:00 kastoob wrote:
Argh I hate myself so much today. Ima write a a story about it:
My friend and I started doing Starting Strength together like 7 months ago, and now we are both doing advanced novice, but he's graduated and has an undergraduate degree, but I'm still studying, and he's moved to a different gym. He's squatting 3x5 of 87.5 kg now and I'm stalling at 73.5kg (rep count today was 5,5,3). I had a hip flexor strain which set me back longer than it should because I did not properly diagnose it and tried to just push my way through it (bad idea made recovery a lot longer). But I fixed that and am fine now.
So yea stalled today, and in my self loathing I ate a lot of meat, rice (not cooked at home, I ate out from some asian place) and milk for breakfast (pretty bloated) followed by 3 McDonalds double cheeseburgers for lunch. Now I feel like complete shit >__<. Ugh. Might just cook an omelette for dinner.



im sorry dude, but im just gonna be completely honest with you.

You've been fucking around, making excuses. And god knows what else youve been doing, but it sure as shit hasnt been eating properly, recovering or doing proper form checks/research. (squats are hard but cmon).

To put it into perspective i had to get down from my own bitch pedestal form wise, i started a 2 month cycle of starting strength and got my squats from 80kg-132.5kg in 58 days (under 2 months). Getting to 73.5kg in 7 months is just fucking sad and i dont care if youve been out for a few months becuase honestly thats a number you could easily hit as a beginner in like 2 months and thats being fucking generous.

1. Stop lying to yourself
2. Stop making excuses
3. Begin taking your nutrition and rest seriously
4. Stop being a little bitch
5. Stop being a bitch
6. ?????
7. Profit

btw, how much weight have you gained in this period?

User was warned for this post
SQUATS AND OATS!
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-03 14:29:34
February 03 2012 14:27 GMT
#995
On February 03 2012 21:28 rEiGN~ wrote:
Last week some guy came to me at gym and said that he was impressed by my squat form.

That was quite unexpected.

It's unexpected if you're a guy. If you're a girl, on the other hand...

Me and my gf do SS together, and she must have gotten 10+ compliments in the last three months. The compliments are almost always on her squat technique and almost always when I go to drink water or find some plates. Lines like "It's impressive how low you can go" are common :p It's hillarious.

EDIT: Forgot to add, guys have also often offered to spot for her when she's squatting, while no-one has ever offered to spot for me
Moderator
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
February 03 2012 15:09 GMT
#996
On February 03 2012 22:38 Snapplecakes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2012 17:00 kastoob wrote:
Argh I hate myself so much today. Ima write a a story about it:
My friend and I started doing Starting Strength together like 7 months ago, and now we are both doing advanced novice, but he's graduated and has an undergraduate degree, but I'm still studying, and he's moved to a different gym. He's squatting 3x5 of 87.5 kg now and I'm stalling at 73.5kg (rep count today was 5,5,3). I had a hip flexor strain which set me back longer than it should because I did not properly diagnose it and tried to just push my way through it (bad idea made recovery a lot longer). But I fixed that and am fine now.
So yea stalled today, and in my self loathing I ate a lot of meat, rice (not cooked at home, I ate out from some asian place) and milk for breakfast (pretty bloated) followed by 3 McDonalds double cheeseburgers for lunch. Now I feel like complete shit >__<. Ugh. Might just cook an omelette for dinner.



im sorry dude, but im just gonna be completely honest with you.

You've been fucking around, making excuses. And god knows what else youve been doing, but it sure as shit hasnt been eating properly, recovering or doing proper form checks/research. (squats are hard but cmon).

To put it into perspective i had to get down from my own bitch pedestal form wise, i started a 2 month cycle of starting strength and got my squats from 80kg-132.5kg in 58 days (under 2 months). Getting to 73.5kg in 7 months is just fucking sad and i dont care if youve been out for a few months becuase honestly thats a number you could easily hit as a beginner in like 2 months and thats being fucking generous.

1. Stop lying to yourself
2. Stop making excuses
3. Begin taking your nutrition and rest seriously
4. Stop being a little bitch
5. Stop being a bitch
6. ?????
7. Profit

btw, how much weight have you gained in this period?

User was warned for this post



SS has to be followed very precisely for it to work as advertised. Don't feel bad about it, just know that its harder than you originally thought, and work on coming closer to achieve it
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-03 16:15:58
February 03 2012 16:15 GMT
#997
On February 03 2012 23:27 Daigomi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2012 21:28 rEiGN~ wrote:
Last week some guy came to me at gym and said that he was impressed by my squat form.

That was quite unexpected.

It's unexpected if you're a guy. If you're a girl, on the other hand...

Me and my gf do SS together, and she must have gotten 10+ compliments in the last three months. The compliments are almost always on her squat technique and almost always when I go to drink water or find some plates. Lines like "It's impressive how low you can go" are common :p It's hillarious.

EDIT: Forgot to add, guys have also often offered to spot for her when she's squatting, while no-one has ever offered to spot for me


Put urself on their shoes, think how arousing is a hot girl squatting properly.
You should post pics or videos so we can comment on her form
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-03 16:23:21
February 03 2012 16:23 GMT
#998
On February 03 2012 22:26 FFGenerations wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2012 21:24 Osmoses wrote:
Squats again today, leveled up by 5kgs no problem. Still too inflexible though, really hard for me to

a) push from my heels rather than my toes
b) keep my back straight at the bottom.

I'm getting there though.


add a "Mobility" column to your spreadsheet chart :p
then every day you can fill it in as "Yes" :p
thats what i done yesterday, idk if its gonna work lol

edit: (ankle) flexibility wont just "appear" really, you need to work it separately and acutely if its lacking. and since its so vital to squats, as soon as possible.

I'm spending at least 10 minutes stretching before every squat workout. My problem is probably that I only do squats once a week. I was considering doing it first thing each workout but I don't want to fuck up an otherwise great routine, and I don't want to stop my thus-far steady advance in the other lifts either.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
February 03 2012 16:48 GMT
#999
Just finished my last exam for this semester. And went into 5/3/1 c2 w1 DL 145kgx10 5kg more then last month, same reps.
[image loading]
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 03 2012 16:49 GMT
#1000
On February 04 2012 01:23 Osmoses wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2012 22:26 FFGenerations wrote:
On February 03 2012 21:24 Osmoses wrote:
Squats again today, leveled up by 5kgs no problem. Still too inflexible though, really hard for me to

a) push from my heels rather than my toes
b) keep my back straight at the bottom.

I'm getting there though.


add a "Mobility" column to your spreadsheet chart :p
then every day you can fill it in as "Yes" :p
thats what i done yesterday, idk if its gonna work lol

edit: (ankle) flexibility wont just "appear" really, you need to work it separately and acutely if its lacking. and since its so vital to squats, as soon as possible.

I'm spending at least 10 minutes stretching before every squat workout. My problem is probably that I only do squats once a week. I was considering doing it first thing each workout but I don't want to fuck up an otherwise great routine, and I don't want to stop my thus-far steady advance in the other lifts either.


The more you squat, the more your other lifts are going to get.

true story.

Squatting is like drinking bear semen. Deadlifting is drinking bear semen + 2 scroops of protein.

:D
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Prev 1 48 49 50 51 52 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 182
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1490
910 89
NotJumperer 83
Bale 37
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Noble 9
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm179
febbydoto18
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King107
Other Games
summit1g7809
Coldzera 734
JimRising 650
hungrybox630
WinterStarcraft350
C9.Mang0333
PiGStarcraft274
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick894
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 15
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota261
League of Legends
• Lourlo1055
• Rush910
• Stunt200
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 28m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
6h 28m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
19h 28m
Patches Events
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.