• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:32
CEST 06:32
KST 13:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7898 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 48

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 46 47 48 49 50 379 Next
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
February 02 2012 12:53 GMT
#941

Christian
Age: 24 || Height: 5'8" or 1.78 || Weight: 175lbs/79.5 kg
Starting Date: 2/2/2012 || Goal Date: June/1/2012
Weight goals -- Im currently hovering at 80-83 kg. I dont really care how much I weight, I want to look good in the mirror which I currently do NOT.
Training goals --
Front Squat to 100kg (current 57,5)
Deadlift to 150 (Current 100 - previous max 120)
Benchpress: Concerned about my benchpress as the previous was 50kg and the form was really bad. My body will look horrible without proper balance though so I'll set a goal at 65kg bench press
Press to 150 (current 100). Thinking about doing ¨them with dumbbell's because I've had problems with increasing weight from 40-45 kg everytime. 2.5 increasements seem too high for me.
Power Clean to 70kg (Current 32.5)
Nutrition goals --
% fast food, soft drinks, sweets/sugar, water.
Vitamins (+d), fishoil and BCAA + extra workout shit I got left.
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
February 02 2012 13:05 GMT
#942
On February 02 2012 16:51 Kamais Ookin wrote:
Hey guys, what are the best accessory exercises to increase bench press, weighted dips?


More benches, more food, more sleep, partial benches, static hold benches.
When you cannot make progress by doing all of those you should be benching at least 2x bodyweight raw.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 02 2012 13:08 GMT
#943
Running out of muscle millk.

and life is sad. .
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
February 02 2012 13:25 GMT
#944
everyone , look to the long term!! consistency will get you to where you are aiming at!! you just need to keep going!!
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-02 13:27:57
February 02 2012 13:27 GMT
#945
On February 02 2012 22:05 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2012 16:51 Kamais Ookin wrote:
Hey guys, what are the best accessory exercises to increase bench press, weighted dips?


More benches, more food, more sleep, partial benches, static hold benches.
When you cannot make progress by doing all of those you should be benching at least 2x bodyweight raw.


you could try changing your grip width a bit. too narrow and you just work your triceps. be careful you dont injure an underworked muscle when you try this kinda thing
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-02 13:50:11
February 02 2012 13:49 GMT
#946
On February 02 2012 22:27 FFGenerations wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2012 22:05 GoTuNk! wrote:
On February 02 2012 16:51 Kamais Ookin wrote:
Hey guys, what are the best accessory exercises to increase bench press, weighted dips?


More benches, more food, more sleep, partial benches, static hold benches.
When you cannot make progress by doing all of those you should be benching at least 2x bodyweight raw.


you could try changing your grip width a bit. too narrow and you just work your triceps. be careful you dont injure an underworked muscle when you try this kinda thing


Also forgot to say, IF you do powerlifting style bench press, paused benches will skyrocket ur lift.
Btw, I don't think you should vary width grip till you bench 1.5bw, as the fastest way to get there is to practice your groove and improve your technique. If you can't lift that weight yet varying width could hurt your technique which isn't dialed in enough yet.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
February 02 2012 14:05 GMT
#947
Was at the gym yesterday, and I saw a girl had gotten herself a PT. I was resting in between sets and I watched as he corrected her squat, telling her to keep her elbows forward, not dip more than halfway down and eat lots of antioxidants.

Cool.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
February 02 2012 14:35 GMT
#948
I have to go to a different gym on Wednesdays that is 24 hours since I go with my gf and shes busy until about 930pm. So anyways we go to this gym which is massive, go to freeweight section.... only 1 squat rack (1 more in PT ONLY zone) and 3 fucking smith machines and 4 benches FML.

So anyways we get there and there a these 2 guys that are doing 5 sets of squats each so we decide to do the rest of our workout and leave squats till last. Anyways im watching these guys and they start at 135, with 3/4 squats.. go up in weight 225 half squats ... 315 quarter squats. Watching the guy do like speed squats with a quarter depth was about as sad as it was hilarious. I wanted to say something but didn't.

So then after we get on and finish our sets some guy asks to use the squat rack so I say im on my last set. Im going for a new 5 rep PR so its heavy and im resting. But he just waits behind me the whole time, so I feel pressured to not take a long rest, blast out the 5 reps anyways with only about 2 min rest. Then after I leave I continue to watch as he takes two 5 pound plates and put his heels on them when he squats with his super narrow stance. wtf is this why would this ever be good? Lol im gunna end this rant now. Sat in massage chairs waiting for my gf to get out of change room and felt so good, only good part about this Wednesday gym.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
lyAsakura
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1414 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-02 14:43:03
February 02 2012 14:41 GMT
#949
On February 02 2012 23:35 Mementoss wrote:
I have to go to a different gym on Wednesdays that is 24 hours since I go with my gf and shes busy until about 930pm. So anyways we go to this gym which is massive, go to freeweight section.... only 1 squat rack (1 more in PT ONLY zone) and 3 fucking smith machines and 4 benches FML.

So anyways we get there and there a these 2 guys that are doing 5 sets of squats each so we decide to do the rest of our workout and leave squats till last. Anyways im watching these guys and they start at 135, with 3/4 squats.. go up in weight 225 half squats ... 315 quarter squats. Watching the guy do like speed squats with a quarter depth was about as sad as it was hilarious. I wanted to say something but didn't.

So then after we get on and finish our sets some guy asks to use the squat rack so I say im on my last set. Im going for a new 5 rep PR so its heavy and im resting. But he just waits behind me the whole time, so I feel pressured to not take a long rest, blast out the 5 reps anyways with only about 2 min rest. Then after I leave I continue to watch as he takes two 5 pound plates and put his heels on them when he squats with his super narrow stance. wtf is this why would this ever be good? Lol im gunna end this rant now. Sat in massage chairs waiting for my gf to get out of change room and felt so good, only good part about this Wednesday gym.


There is nothing wrong with that. It is the equivalent of wearing oly shoes.
(1:42)

Narrow stance squats look friggin awesome if you can actually go down all the way.
WeMade FOX would be a deadly SC2 team.
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
February 02 2012 14:48 GMT
#950
Yeah but what about the 5 pound plates under just his heels I thought it was the flatter the shoe the better? Wouldn't that fuck with form somehow.. I go sock feet anyways so fuck it . Also they were half squats anyways. Didn't mean to sound like I was hating on narrow stance, just never seen anyone do it before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 02 2012 14:56 GMT
#951
On February 02 2012 14:32 MajinMojo wrote:
Man I don't know what to say other than that it has been a rough week and a half for me. On Januray 21 my best friend just dropped dead at age 27 for no apparent reason at all. Suffice it is to say that pretty much fucked my whole week up, and I am now finally back home but still have been having a lot of problems focusing on shit that I need to get done. Among them is; I haven't gone to the gym in over a week. My sleep schedule is either I sleep for 14 hrs at a time or barely at all. My diet is all screwed up; I had absolutely no appetite for days at a time and then ended the week with a 3 day long whiskey and beer bender with all of my other friends.

I went to the gym today hoping it would get my mind off stuff and grinded out the sloppiest sets of squats I've possibly ever done. I guess it didn't really get my mind off anything for long.

And for the first time since moving, I find myself almost hating that I live so far away from everyone else affected by my friend's death. It sucks, but this past Sunday when I finally got back to my new place I felt so miserable and isolated where before I was so excited to be where I am.

Don't know where I'm going with this post, other than to talk about my shitty squats. I always believe that the best way to handle grief or hardship like this was to let it run it's course and then try to continue on everything else as "normally" as possible. But damn is it hard.

That's awful my condolences. The gym always makes me feel better.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-02 15:09:14
February 02 2012 15:07 GMT
#952
On February 02 2012 23:35 Mementoss wrote:

But he just waits behind me the whole time, so I feel pressured to not take a long rest, blast out the 5 reps anyways with only about 2 min rest.


i try to remember to make clear to people how long im going to take / how long im resting for exactly, helps to avoid this awkwardness. if i am sharing or someone is waiting then i tell them i take 4 minute rests etc. or if someone is sitting there awkwardly as if theyre waiting for me but hasnt said anything, i ask them if theyre waiting and offer them to jump in.

you have to be alert , sometimes people will pressure you and if you're tired / depressed/ wtvr then its very easy to be vulnerable to their pressure. the other day someone pressured me by saying theyll spot for me, when really they just wanted to get me moving and out of the way. i felt like a complete tool afterwards
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 02 2012 15:32 GMT
#953
On February 02 2012 23:05 Osmoses wrote:
Was at the gym yesterday, and I saw a girl had gotten herself a PT. I was resting in between sets and I watched as he corrected her squat, telling her to keep her elbows forward, not dip more than halfway down and eat lots of antioxidants.

Cool.


ignorant motherfucker. fuck taht motherfucker (I'm on rage mode, my jeans won't fucking fit).

Yesterday I came across a guy, who practiced Olympic Weightlifting, he said he was gonna help me with my jerk.

I clean and jerked 80kg yesterday!

I'm so fucking happy (I also fornt squatted 95kg ;D).

suk dat.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
February 02 2012 16:28 GMT
#954
On February 03 2012 00:07 FFGenerations wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2012 23:35 Mementoss wrote:

But he just waits behind me the whole time, so I feel pressured to not take a long rest, blast out the 5 reps anyways with only about 2 min rest.


i try to remember to make clear to people how long im going to take / how long im resting for exactly, helps to avoid this awkwardness. if i am sharing or someone is waiting then i tell them i take 4 minute rests etc. or if someone is sitting there awkwardly as if theyre waiting for me but hasnt said anything, i ask them if theyre waiting and offer them to jump in.

you have to be alert , sometimes people will pressure you and if you're tired / depressed/ wtvr then its very easy to be vulnerable to their pressure. the other day someone pressured me by saying theyll spot for me, when really they just wanted to get me moving and out of the way. i felt like a complete tool afterwards


Yeah, I do the same,I'm never agressive when it comes to anything, but in the gym I let NO ONE give me shit, EVER. I've gotten into many arguments at uni gym, because teachers said I can't use my cell as a timer or that I'm doing too much noise with my deadlifts. I tell them I have to and there is no other way. Eventually they all stop annoying me.

Also once a guy touched my barbell while I was deadlifting, which resulted in me yelling at him and everyone looking lol.

That said, I'm always nice to people and if I'm benching for a long time I offer people to bench in between by making clear whan I'm gonna do "I'm resting 5 mins between sets, I have 6 sets free, u can bench in between".

vicariouscheese
Profile Joined June 2010
United States589 Posts
February 02 2012 16:39 GMT
#955
On February 03 2012 01:28 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2012 00:07 FFGenerations wrote:
On February 02 2012 23:35 Mementoss wrote:

But he just waits behind me the whole time, so I feel pressured to not take a long rest, blast out the 5 reps anyways with only about 2 min rest.


i try to remember to make clear to people how long im going to take / how long im resting for exactly, helps to avoid this awkwardness. if i am sharing or someone is waiting then i tell them i take 4 minute rests etc. or if someone is sitting there awkwardly as if theyre waiting for me but hasnt said anything, i ask them if theyre waiting and offer them to jump in.

you have to be alert , sometimes people will pressure you and if you're tired / depressed/ wtvr then its very easy to be vulnerable to their pressure. the other day someone pressured me by saying theyll spot for me, when really they just wanted to get me moving and out of the way. i felt like a complete tool afterwards


Yeah, I do the same,I'm never agressive when it comes to anything, but in the gym I let NO ONE give me shit, EVER. I've gotten into many arguments at uni gym, because teachers said I can't use my cell as a timer or that I'm doing too much noise with my deadlifts. I tell them I have to and there is no other way. Eventually they all stop annoying me.

Also once a guy touched my barbell while I was deadlifting, which resulted in me yelling at him and everyone looking lol.

That said, I'm always nice to people and if I'm benching for a long time I offer people to bench in between by making clear whan I'm gonna do "I'm resting 5 mins between sets, I have 6 sets free, u can bench in between".



The fuck? why wouldn't you be allowed to use your cell at the gym? Not allowing calls I can understand, but really? And why the fuck would anyone touch any weights while someone else is using them...
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
February 02 2012 16:53 GMT
#956
On February 03 2012 01:39 vicariouscheese wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2012 01:28 GoTuNk! wrote:
On February 03 2012 00:07 FFGenerations wrote:
On February 02 2012 23:35 Mementoss wrote:

But he just waits behind me the whole time, so I feel pressured to not take a long rest, blast out the 5 reps anyways with only about 2 min rest.


i try to remember to make clear to people how long im going to take / how long im resting for exactly, helps to avoid this awkwardness. if i am sharing or someone is waiting then i tell them i take 4 minute rests etc. or if someone is sitting there awkwardly as if theyre waiting for me but hasnt said anything, i ask them if theyre waiting and offer them to jump in.

you have to be alert , sometimes people will pressure you and if you're tired / depressed/ wtvr then its very easy to be vulnerable to their pressure. the other day someone pressured me by saying theyll spot for me, when really they just wanted to get me moving and out of the way. i felt like a complete tool afterwards


Yeah, I do the same,I'm never agressive when it comes to anything, but in the gym I let NO ONE give me shit, EVER. I've gotten into many arguments at uni gym, because teachers said I can't use my cell as a timer or that I'm doing too much noise with my deadlifts. I tell them I have to and there is no other way. Eventually they all stop annoying me.

Also once a guy touched my barbell while I was deadlifting, which resulted in me yelling at him and everyone looking lol.

That said, I'm always nice to people and if I'm benching for a long time I offer people to bench in between by making clear whan I'm gonna do "I'm resting 5 mins between sets, I have 6 sets free, u can bench in between".



The fuck? why wouldn't you be allowed to use your cell at the gym? Not allowing calls I can understand, but really? And why the fuck would anyone touch any weights while someone else is using them...


My uni requires people to do an X ammount of gym hours to graduate (yeah, LOL). This turns into many people basically forced into the gym and using smart phones to waste time.
He didn't do it on purpuse, but he walked by and ignored the cones I put around me to avoid such incidents (there isn't any lifting platforms, I just use a corner).
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
February 02 2012 17:06 GMT
#957
On February 03 2012 01:53 GoTuNk! wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 03 2012 01:39 vicariouscheese wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2012 01:28 GoTuNk! wrote:
On February 03 2012 00:07 FFGenerations wrote:
On February 02 2012 23:35 Mementoss wrote:

But he just waits behind me the whole time, so I feel pressured to not take a long rest, blast out the 5 reps anyways with only about 2 min rest.


i try to remember to make clear to people how long im going to take / how long im resting for exactly, helps to avoid this awkwardness. if i am sharing or someone is waiting then i tell them i take 4 minute rests etc. or if someone is sitting there awkwardly as if theyre waiting for me but hasnt said anything, i ask them if theyre waiting and offer them to jump in.

you have to be alert , sometimes people will pressure you and if you're tired / depressed/ wtvr then its very easy to be vulnerable to their pressure. the other day someone pressured me by saying theyll spot for me, when really they just wanted to get me moving and out of the way. i felt like a complete tool afterwards


Yeah, I do the same,I'm never agressive when it comes to anything, but in the gym I let NO ONE give me shit, EVER. I've gotten into many arguments at uni gym, because teachers said I can't use my cell as a timer or that I'm doing too much noise with my deadlifts. I tell them I have to and there is no other way. Eventually they all stop annoying me.

Also once a guy touched my barbell while I was deadlifting, which resulted in me yelling at him and everyone looking lol.

That said, I'm always nice to people and if I'm benching for a long time I offer people to bench in between by making clear whan I'm gonna do "I'm resting 5 mins between sets, I have 6 sets free, u can bench in between".



The fuck? why wouldn't you be allowed to use your cell at the gym? Not allowing calls I can understand, but really? And why the fuck would anyone touch any weights while someone else is using them...


My uni requires people to do an X ammount of gym hours to graduate (yeah, LOL). This turns into many people basically forced into the gym and using smart phones to waste time.
He didn't do it on purpuse, but he walked by and ignored the cones I put around me to avoid such incidents (there isn't any lifting platforms, I just use a corner).



You put cones around you while deadlifting? That's fucking awesome.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-02 17:29:03
February 02 2012 17:28 GMT
#958
On February 03 2012 02:06 glurio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2012 01:53 GoTuNk! wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 03 2012 01:39 vicariouscheese wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2012 01:28 GoTuNk! wrote:
On February 03 2012 00:07 FFGenerations wrote:
On February 02 2012 23:35 Mementoss wrote:

But he just waits behind me the whole time, so I feel pressured to not take a long rest, blast out the 5 reps anyways with only about 2 min rest.


i try to remember to make clear to people how long im going to take / how long im resting for exactly, helps to avoid this awkwardness. if i am sharing or someone is waiting then i tell them i take 4 minute rests etc. or if someone is sitting there awkwardly as if theyre waiting for me but hasnt said anything, i ask them if theyre waiting and offer them to jump in.

you have to be alert , sometimes people will pressure you and if you're tired / depressed/ wtvr then its very easy to be vulnerable to their pressure. the other day someone pressured me by saying theyll spot for me, when really they just wanted to get me moving and out of the way. i felt like a complete tool afterwards


Yeah, I do the same,I'm never agressive when it comes to anything, but in the gym I let NO ONE give me shit, EVER. I've gotten into many arguments at uni gym, because teachers said I can't use my cell as a timer or that I'm doing too much noise with my deadlifts. I tell them I have to and there is no other way. Eventually they all stop annoying me.

Also once a guy touched my barbell while I was deadlifting, which resulted in me yelling at him and everyone looking lol.

That said, I'm always nice to people and if I'm benching for a long time I offer people to bench in between by making clear whan I'm gonna do "I'm resting 5 mins between sets, I have 6 sets free, u can bench in between".



The fuck? why wouldn't you be allowed to use your cell at the gym? Not allowing calls I can understand, but really? And why the fuck would anyone touch any weights while someone else is using them...


My uni requires people to do an X ammount of gym hours to graduate (yeah, LOL). This turns into many people basically forced into the gym and using smart phones to waste time.
He didn't do it on purpuse, but he walked by and ignored the cones I put around me to avoid such incidents (there isn't any lifting platforms, I just use a corner).


You put cones around you while deadlifting? That's fucking awesome.



Sometimes. It allows me to yell freely at people if they bump into me, and also to focus 100% on the lift.
illuminos
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
30 Posts
February 02 2012 17:38 GMT
#959
Hi guys;

I'm one of the three contributors to Titan Combine; a blog about using Starcraft to teach fitness! We actually launched yesterday and made it to the front page of Starcraft Reddit!

We're all Starcraft players ourselves, and personally I've just started lifting on Oct 25th 2011, and have seem some pretty good results (-15 lbs in 3 months, with ~210 bench, 285 squat, and 315 deadlift; although I've heard I may be genetically lucky).

TC is looking to gain credibility by giving a couple of reputable teamliquid members free diet and training advice.If this seems spammy, I apologize and please delete this post / flame me for it. We just feel there is a big opportunity for a win/win situation here.

A requirement is that you commit huge to this and don't whine/or give up easily. We won't ask to get paid, but you may have to donate $100 to a charity if you give up.

Feel free to PM me or email me at illuminos [at] titancombine.com

Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
February 02 2012 18:35 GMT
#960
cool idea
although we've been giving out free training and nutrition advice for years here gl to you and your friends
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Prev 1 46 47 48 49 50 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 182
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1490
910 89
NotJumperer 83
Bale 37
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Noble 9
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm179
febbydoto18
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King107
Other Games
summit1g7809
Coldzera 734
JimRising 650
hungrybox630
WinterStarcraft350
C9.Mang0333
PiGStarcraft274
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick894
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 15
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota261
League of Legends
• Lourlo1055
• Rush910
• Stunt200
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 28m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
6h 28m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
19h 28m
Patches Events
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.