• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:28
CEST 08:28
KST 15:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9482 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 46

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 379 Next
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-31 09:36:37
January 31 2012 09:36 GMT
#901
hehe yeah I should do that but I dont like making a fuss, and if people are really that bothered by it then fine, i'm not gonna deprive them of the pleasure of reading a newspaper while casually strolling on a treadmill.

maybe I should just start looking for a new gym. the thing is, this one is free for university students like me, and gym memberships are usually pretty expensive here :/
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
January 31 2012 10:26 GMT
#902
On January 31 2012 18:36 Zafrumi wrote:
hehe yeah I should do that but I dont like making a fuss, and if people are really that bothered by it then fine, i'm not gonna deprive them of the pleasure of reading a newspaper while casually strolling on a treadmill.

maybe I should just start looking for a new gym. the thing is, this one is free for university students like me, and gym memberships are usually pretty expensive here :/
Yeah I know exactly what you're talking about. If you can find a cheap membership gym then great otherwise just "follow" the rules I guess.
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
January 31 2012 12:16 GMT
#903


Stupid exams, hardly have time to go to the gym.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
January 31 2012 12:56 GMT
#904
More I go to my current gym, more obvious it is that chicks have no fucking clue how to work out.

All I see them do is half-assed circuit training with empty barbell. Maybe two sets of super light half-squats and then move on to lunges. It's ridiculous. There's same amount of clueless guys training but at least for them it's natural to lift big weights.
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
January 31 2012 15:45 GMT
#905
On January 31 2012 18:36 Zafrumi wrote:
hehe yeah I should do that but I dont like making a fuss, and if people are really that bothered by it then fine, i'm not gonna deprive them of the pleasure of reading a newspaper while casually strolling on a treadmill.

maybe I should just start looking for a new gym. the thing is, this one is free for university students like me, and gym memberships are usually pretty expensive here :/


I would stop using chalk and drop the weights even louder. Add a DBZ like yell afterwards.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-31 16:56:47
January 31 2012 16:56 GMT
#906
I agree. Dropping weights in a deadlift can be a matter of your own safety, as the lowering motion is very hard to control. If you feel that its important to do, don't take shit from anyone about it.

Im sure you guys know this feeling, went to put jeans on this morning and my legs barely fit. That "oh fuck yeah I did squats yesterday" feeling? Love that shit, feel like I could do anything today.
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
January 31 2012 17:03 GMT
#907
On February 01 2012 01:56 phyre112 wrote:
I agree. Dropping weights in a deadlift can be a matter of your own safety, as the lowering motion is very hard to control. If you feel that its important to do, don't take shit from anyone about it.

Im sure you guys know this feeling, went to put jeans on this morning and my legs barely fit. That "oh fuck yeah I did squats yesterday" feeling? Love that shit, feel like I could do anything today.

Haven't shopped jeans in a couple of months, only have 1 pair I can fit left.. And they are even tight now
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
January 31 2012 18:43 GMT
#908
On February 01 2012 01:56 phyre112 wrote:
I agree. Dropping weights in a deadlift can be a matter of your own safety, as the lowering motion is very hard to control. If you feel that its important to do, don't take shit from anyone about it.

Im sure you guys know this feeling, went to put jeans on this morning and my legs barely fit. That "oh fuck yeah I did squats yesterday" feeling? Love that shit, feel like I could do anything today.


yeah, same for power cleans: I always tear up the skin in my palms when I try to lower them gently. not saying its impossible, but its just way more confortable to just drop the bar

and I know that feeling very well! thats why I tend to go to the gym in a tracksuit so I dont get stuck trying to put on jeans ^^
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
January 31 2012 22:16 GMT
#909
I just had the most life alteringly good sex. Holy shit. Gym tomorrow
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
MeShiet
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada290 Posts
February 01 2012 01:23 GMT
#910
On January 31 2012 18:36 Zafrumi wrote:
hehe yeah I should do that but I dont like making a fuss, and if people are really that bothered by it then fine, i'm not gonna deprive them of the pleasure of reading a newspaper while casually strolling on a treadmill.

maybe I should just start looking for a new gym. the thing is, this one is free for university students like me, and gym memberships are usually pretty expensive here :/

About the chalk, there's not much you can do about it if the staff are telling you not to use it but the weight dropping with bumper plates and a platform? That's just nonsense. Maybe bring it up with the staff first so you have an okay from them. Then you don't have to deal with the idiots who go to a gym for peace and quiet. I personally developed a "don't come near me or I'll throw my barbell at you" look for when I have to use my school's fitness centre instead of the weight room where the girls are stronger than me. That usually keeps people away from wanting to tell me I'm being too loud.
If you die this way, you won't live to tell anyone how you died
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 01 2012 01:53 GMT
#911
On February 01 2012 07:16 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
I just had the most life alteringly good sex. Holy shit. Gym tomorrow


lol, send these girls my way man
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 01 2012 03:31 GMT
#912
On February 01 2012 10:53 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2012 07:16 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
I just had the most life alteringly good sex. Holy shit. Gym tomorrow


lol, send these girls my way man


you won't get anything until you do them squats and deadlifts bro!

(btw, I owe you a PM, will try to hit you this or next week, <3 eshlow!)
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
February 01 2012 04:53 GMT
#913
I lift in a small ass YMCA and I don't have those problems o.o

They do try to make me wear shoes though, doesn't work too well for them imo.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 01 2012 06:31 GMT
#914
On February 01 2012 10:53 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2012 07:16 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
I just had the most life alteringly good sex. Holy shit. Gym tomorrow


lol, send these girls my way man


I'm tied down, feel free to get with all the girls i would be on this campus full of promiscuous women.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
pyrogenetix
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
China5098 Posts
February 01 2012 06:42 GMT
#915
True story

My uni doesn't have a gym so I use neighbouring Fudan's gym. Was going for a clean 1RM and missed it 2 times at 110kg and suddenly the security (not even a trainer, just security guard) comes running towards me screaming and shouting. I tried to calmly tell him that I was doing cleans and that I already put two yoga mats on the ground to break the landing. He insisted (not even listening to me explaining how cleans are supposed to be let go) that I was "purposefully destroying government property" because the weights were bought with a govt grant or some horseshit. So I keep this up and finally some woman comes and asks me which uni I'm from and I say Shufe, not Fudan. This has never been a problem and there are lots of others not from Fudan who come and train. Everything in China is grey area anyway so it's nothing strange. She (not even trainer either) is only listening to the guard bad mouth me saying I was "repeatedly slamming the weights onto the yoga mats and breaking them" at which point I started laughing because I found it very amusing that someone would think you can damage yoga mats like that. This was the last straw and I was banned from ever going back. As I was leaving all the regulars just looked at me and the whole scene in disbelief.

Lol whatever I'm going back next term when school starts hopefully they changed guards, otherwise I'll just go to another gym.
Yea that looks just like Kang Min... amazing game sense... and uses mind games well, but has the micro of a washed up progamer.
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
February 01 2012 06:48 GMT
#916
That's retarded, I would be so pissed that I'd show the guards something actually breaking and it's their bones after I smash the loaded barbell on their shins.
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 01 2012 07:05 GMT
#917
On February 01 2012 15:42 pyrogenetix wrote:
True story

My uni doesn't have a gym so I use neighbouring Fudan's gym. Was going for a clean 1RM and missed it 2 times at 110kg and suddenly the security (not even a trainer, just security guard) comes running towards me screaming and shouting. I tried to calmly tell him that I was doing cleans and that I already put two yoga mats on the ground to break the landing. He insisted (not even listening to me explaining how cleans are supposed to be let go) that I was "purposefully destroying government property" because the weights were bought with a govt grant or some horseshit. So I keep this up and finally some woman comes and asks me which uni I'm from and I say Shufe, not Fudan. This has never been a problem and there are lots of others not from Fudan who come and train. Everything in China is grey area anyway so it's nothing strange. She (not even trainer either) is only listening to the guard bad mouth me saying I was "repeatedly slamming the weights onto the yoga mats and breaking them" at which point I started laughing because I found it very amusing that someone would think you can damage yoga mats like that. This was the last straw and I was banned from ever going back. As I was leaving all the regulars just looked at me and the whole scene in disbelief.

Lol whatever I'm going back next term when school starts hopefully they changed guards, otherwise I'll just go to another gym.


Solution: clean the guard and drop him on the yoga mats til they break.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
February 01 2012 10:53 GMT
#918
[image loading]
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
AndyJay
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia833 Posts
February 01 2012 11:06 GMT
#919
Connies are pretty cool. Good on her but remember it's with those cross fit weights that are like 5kg each.
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
February 01 2012 11:17 GMT
#920
lol who cares if its only 50kg! at least she is doing something awesome. I'd be happy to see more older women (or actually women in general) deadlift, even if its just the bar
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1021
910 108
Hyun 68
NotJumperer 45
Bale 34
sorry 25
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto219
League of Legends
JimRising 610
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King137
Other Games
summit1g6843
Coldzera 719
WinterStarcraft388
C9.Mang0234
ceh9232
NeuroSwarm108
ViBE32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick609
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 31
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2246
League of Legends
• Rush1181
• Lourlo1032
• Stunt364
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 32m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 32m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 32m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.