• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:31
CEST 11:31
KST 18:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9147 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 45

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 379 Next
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
January 30 2012 21:48 GMT
#881
just reading about this syndrome i might suffer from when i suddenly diagnosed myself with epilepsy
http://marfansynd.blogspot.com/
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
January 30 2012 22:04 GMT
#882
On January 31 2012 06:48 FFGenerations wrote:
just reading about this syndrome i might suffer from when i suddenly diagnosed myself with epilepsy
http://marfansynd.blogspot.com/


In my experience, if you're very tall or very thin, and have any major systems disorders (heart especially, but also lungs or kidneys), Marfan's is the first thing a competent doctor will check for. The idea of it must have been thrown around a dozen times when I was a kid, because I had a lot of renal and digestive problems, plus at 14 years old I was 6'2 and ~115 pounds. Turns out I just didn't eat anything, ever (forgot to eat for days at a time), never got any sun (so my calcium was FUCKED), and couldn't tolerate grains (which bothered my stomach, brain and heart).

Marfan's is a pretty serious thing, this isn't an area where you should make a self diagnosis. If you've got what you think is a legitimate concern here, just go in and see your doctor, and talk it over with him.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-30 22:38:13
January 30 2012 22:36 GMT
#883
ay, i was browsing 4chan (...) and a guy named my chest deformity (uneven ribs or wtvr) which lead me to marfan's since i wanted to see what else it could be linked to. so that chest problem, long forearms, inherited, father also has glucoma, bent little fingers (not long), dodgy 2nd toes, curved spine and stretch marks on back...and short sighted-ness hehe :D

anyway not bothered, just some random reading...father hasnt dropped dead yet so i doubt i have cause to worry about anything yet
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Catch
Profile Joined September 2010
United States616 Posts
January 30 2012 23:00 GMT
#884
What are some good assistance exercises for the glutes on 5/3/1?

I've been bringing up my hamstring/quads for a long time, and now I need to bring up my glutes... but I don't really know what I should do for them...
Victory Loves Preparation
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
January 30 2012 23:09 GMT
#885
On January 31 2012 08:00 Catch wrote:
What are some good assistance exercises for the glutes on 5/3/1?

I've been bringing up my hamstring/quads for a long time, and now I need to bring up my glutes... but I don't really know what I should do for them...

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/dispelling_the_glute_myth
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
Logros
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands9913 Posts
January 30 2012 23:10 GMT
#886
On January 31 2012 08:00 Catch wrote:
What are some good assistance exercises for the glutes on 5/3/1?

I've been bringing up my hamstring/quads for a long time, and now I need to bring up my glutes... but I don't really know what I should do for them...

Glute-hame raises? I've also been loving good mornings, but they hit the hamstrings more I think.
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
January 30 2012 23:53 GMT
#887
On January 31 2012 08:00 Catch wrote:
What are some good assistance exercises for the glutes on 5/3/1?

I've been bringing up my hamstring/quads for a long time, and now I need to bring up my glutes... but I don't really know what I should do for them...


Weighted walking lunges (Barbell on my shoulders like in a Front Squat to stay upright) made my Glutes very sore the other day, while squatting 3 times a week. Plus Beyoncé is doing them, so they must be good
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
January 31 2012 02:00 GMT
#888
On January 31 2012 08:53 Malinor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2012 08:00 Catch wrote:
What are some good assistance exercises for the glutes on 5/3/1?

I've been bringing up my hamstring/quads for a long time, and now I need to bring up my glutes... but I don't really know what I should do for them...


Weighted walking lunges (Barbell on my shoulders like in a Front Squat to stay upright) made my Glutes very sore the other day, while squatting 3 times a week. Plus Beyoncé is doing them, so they must be good

we're gonna need some pictures of beyonce doing that. Just to make sure we're doing them right.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
January 31 2012 02:22 GMT
#889
went to first Track and Field practice today. After went lifting. Coach is a total asshole, not going to lift with him again.
Ego based lifting 24H fitness staff know what they are doing better than him.
☺
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-31 04:13:49
January 31 2012 04:02 GMT
#890
On January 31 2012 00:25 Zafrumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2012 00:11 youngminii wrote:
yo so i don't know how this goes down in tl h&f but uhh
i decided to start working out a little about two/three weeks ago so i started doing that starting strength program (how long should i stick to this before moving on to something harder?)
fyi i'm 170cm and weigh 62kg, so i'm trying to bulk up a little

now, i want to start eating right but i'm absolutely clueless in this department, never really cared about eating before this
anyway i'm korean and we love our pork
and our kimchi
and our rice

other than that i got eggs and chicken and the occasional salad.. that's about it, drinking a bunch of milk, eating an apple or two a day (that's as far as my fruits go)
eating about 4 times a day too
anything else i should be eating? or not eating?


welcome! generally you stay on starting strength until you have to deload your squat 2-3 times, for most people thats about 3-5 months (genetically gifted people can progress linearly longer). and trust me, its gonna get hard enough

I dont know what kimchi is, but rice is ok, especially if you want to bulk up. most of us also recommend paleo diet (with whole milk and rice added in for extra calories). paleo means you eat only "real" food, meaning no proccessed food like pasta or bread. eat protein with every meal and add some veggies because they are good for you! thats about it. here is a good thread to get you started

gl!


kimchi is fermented cabbage. really good for u!


by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-31 04:24:13
January 31 2012 04:17 GMT
#891
Hurt my shoulder at practice tonight. Had to go with light dumbbells for my bench rather than the heavy barbells I was planning, and I couldn't do any face pulls at all (that's the exact motion that hurts) but I got through it, and at least I did my squats.

Wk2 day1 smolov today; Gym got brand new plates, every plate in the gym is now a bumper plate which is cool, but they're also smaller in diameter than a standard plate. Going to suck if I were to be deadlifting or cleaning right now, luckily I'm just squatting, benching and rowing, right? Made a mistake in counting because of the new plates, and actually did 15 pounds more than I expected to be lifting. Form was absolutely terrible in the third and fourth set, but I finished and I didn't cheat on depth. Little bit of knees caving, little bit of back rounding.

Went in with the rugby team, most of them have some lifting background, but have no clue how to program lifts, so they just wandered around and did "what everyone else is doing" which is unfortunate. Went to unrack my first work set, and immediately had a team mate step up to spot me, thinking I was maxing. Apparently I'm stronger than I look because I went on to do all nine reps, all four sets.

Had some girl come up to me in the middle of my third set, stand behind me while I was squatting and try to tell me the form was wrong. No shit my form was bad, because I was tired, but the things she was saying were outright wrong. I told her so, and she asked me "wait, are you trying to train the inside of your leg? or what part? You might be ok." I told her I was training my whole leg. Then she went over to a friend I had brought to the gym, who is new to lifting, told him to change the same things (his main problem is keeping weight on heels right now, otherwise form is good) and I told him to keep going. She got flustered, told me "I know what I'm talking about, I've got a personal trainer." I asked her if the trainer was the guy I'd just seen her lifting with, told her she should probably fire him because he is wasting her time, and that I don't take advice from people who squat using a smith machine, thank you very much.

I think she left the gym after that. Thought she was pretty cute until she opened her mouth too. Goddamn I hate people.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
January 31 2012 05:48 GMT
#892
A little less sick today.

Squat: 315lbs - 5-2-3
Bench: 205lbs - 2-2-5
Chinups: 9
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
January 31 2012 06:20 GMT
#893
Get well soon haji!

I think my food consumption is making progress. Ate 4 eggs, half gallon of milk, 6 slices of bacon, and some tapioca pudding lol. Up to 115 poinds. Milestone 1 reached.
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
January 31 2012 06:47 GMT
#894
Is adrenalin cheating on my 3x5?

There are many examples so I will just use 1 of them. I'm currently on 3x5 and normally, never in my wildest dreams could I do 110lb overheads. Like, always first set stall pretty much and I've been working out for a while. Then, whenever I'm in a tough situation like that I turn on my Ipod, crank up the thrash metal, headbanging and destroy the 3x5 110lb overheads in a blink of an eye.

The best way I can explain it is it's very similar to kaioken of Dragon Ball Z for me, I get a huge spurt of strength and speed but in exchange I feel the effects after I'm done using it and my body feels like it's exploding.

Basically my question is if adrenalin is cheating, as in does it count as completed workout or should I workout without adrenalin and go about it normally?
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
lyAsakura
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1414 Posts
January 31 2012 06:51 GMT
#895
Dang, that Misha Koklyaev motivational is just music to my ears. I could put it on in the background and listen to his relaxing voice for hours, not understanding a word. Pretty great.
WeMade FOX would be a deadly SC2 team.
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
January 31 2012 07:23 GMT
#896
On January 31 2012 15:47 Kamais Ookin wrote:
Is adrenalin cheating on my 3x5?

There are many examples so I will just use 1 of them. I'm currently on 3x5 and normally, never in my wildest dreams could I do 110lb overheads. Like, always first set stall pretty much and I've been working out for a while. Then, whenever I'm in a tough situation like that I turn on my Ipod, crank up the thrash metal, headbanging and destroy the 3x5 110lb overheads in a blink of an eye.

The best way I can explain it is it's very similar to kaioken of Dragon Ball Z for me, I get a huge spurt of strength and speed but in exchange I feel the effects after I'm done using it and my body feels like it's exploding.

Basically my question is if adrenalin is cheating, as in does it count as completed workout or should I workout without adrenalin and go about it normally?

If it's that much easier, you might be changing your technique. WHenever I 'beastmode brah' on OHP, I only touch my chest on the way down instead of letting it come to a full rest on my chest.
If you don't alter your technique, there is nothing wrong with getting psyched at all.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-31 09:23:36
January 31 2012 07:54 GMT
#897
Lols phyre. I know how you feel.

On January 31 2012 16:23 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2012 15:47 Kamais Ookin wrote:
Is adrenalin cheating on my 3x5?

There are many examples so I will just use 1 of them. I'm currently on 3x5 and normally, never in my wildest dreams could I do 110lb overheads. Like, always first set stall pretty much and I've been working out for a while. Then, whenever I'm in a tough situation like that I turn on my Ipod, crank up the thrash metal, headbanging and destroy the 3x5 110lb overheads in a blink of an eye.

The best way I can explain it is it's very similar to kaioken of Dragon Ball Z for me, I get a huge spurt of strength and speed but in exchange I feel the effects after I'm done using it and my body feels like it's exploding.

Basically my question is if adrenalin is cheating, as in does it count as completed workout or should I workout without adrenalin and go about it normally?

If it's that much easier, you might be changing your technique. WHenever I 'beastmode brah' on OHP, I only touch my chest on the way down instead of letting it come to a full rest on my chest.
If you don't alter your technique, there is nothing wrong with getting psyched at all.


I love getting psyched and knocking out a heavy set. Can't do it so much in oly lifting because its very important to be relaxed but whenever i squat i throw on my headphones to something that gets me in the zone. Lets me add ~10kg more than i probably would squat anyways.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
January 31 2012 08:04 GMT
#898
K thanks "cell" and decaf!

With regards to technique, admittedly I don't hold it to my chest but I do go all the way to my chest and all the way up ofc.
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-31 09:23:19
January 31 2012 09:17 GMT
#899
On January 31 2012 13:17 phyre112 wrote:
Goddamn I hate people.


tell me about it. I was recently prohibited from using chalk in my gym because "the plates get dirty and you make a mess". I never make a mess and whats so unacceptable about a little bit of chalk on your hands/cloths? its EASILY removable with water and doesnt leave any markings whatsoever - and youre gonna wash your gym cloths after the gym anyway, arent you? what are people afraid of, that they dont look pretty in the weight room? cheese, its not a fashion show you goddamn pansies! but whatever, i guess that rule is kind of understandable.

but now things are starting to pile up, because I also get yelled at for dropping the bar every time I do it now (not by the staff, but by other people), even though there is a platform especially designed for dropping the bar - and bumper plates that dont break.

so now I cant use chalk AND I cant drop weights.

goddamn I hate people.

/rant
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
January 31 2012 09:23 GMT
#900
@Zafrumi

Tense your muscles, look at him straight in the eyes and tell him to fuck off. Problem solved ez.

If plates get chalky and a girl picks it up transferring some chalk to her tits tell her to be quiet and lick it off of her rack. Problem solved ez. Status upgraded from boss of gym to alpha baus.

Now go lift heavy shit like men were supposed to do.
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech6
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 401
Horang2 303
Larva 257
EffOrt 180
Mind 76
Hyun 62
scan(afreeca) 51
NotJumperer 42
Killer 40
Bale 38
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 37
Sharp 35
sorry 35
Shinee 22
Sacsri 13
Hm[arnc] 13
Pusan 13
Barracks 6
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto110
League of Legends
JimRising 415
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1209
edward536
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King110
Other Games
summit1g8077
ceh9649
Happy319
crisheroes199
Sick175
dupreeh65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick594
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2271
League of Legends
• Jankos1204
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
29m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 29m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 29m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.