• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:34
CEST 14:34
KST 21:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9004 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 139

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 137 138 139 140 141 379 Next
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
March 23 2012 16:38 GMT
#2761
On March 24 2012 01:13 AoN.DimSum wrote:
you eventually can add in more workouts when your body adjusts to the training. i lift twice mon-wed and have one session fri and sunday.

also i was testing my vert a couple days ago and only got to 23-24" lol. my single leg was 15-17" lolol


lols. Thought yours would be at least around 30.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
March 23 2012 17:12 GMT
#2762
Has anyone bought or can recommend a pullup/Chinup bar ? I don't really like the one in my gym and it's near the cables, so doing negatives with 10 people trying to do cables is annoying.
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
March 23 2012 17:31 GMT
#2763
I got a bar but it's not wide enough so I just do my pull ups with a barbell in my bench rack lol. Probably shouldn't do that in a commercial gym though . So make sure it's wide enough if you buy one!!
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
BlondeOnBlonde
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada150 Posts
March 23 2012 17:31 GMT
#2764
Failed my 243kg deadlift attempt at knee level. I'm ashamed and furious at myself. My strength is definitly there but my fightning spirit is weak. I hope this is the trigger that brings me back on track...
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
March 23 2012 17:33 GMT
#2765
On March 24 2012 02:12 Advocado wrote:
Has anyone bought or can recommend a pullup/Chinup bar ? I don't really like the one in my gym and it's near the cables, so doing negatives with 10 people trying to do cables is annoying.


Since germany is not too far away...
http://www.amazon.de/Klimmzugstange-Reckstange-für-die-Wandmontage/dp/B000VHXZCW/ref=sr_1_sc_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1332523618&sr=8-3-spell

Very cheap and very positive reception altogether. Though you need better screw anchors & screws than the ones it comes with, nearly everyone complains only about those.

(Note that I don't own this bar, it is just the bar I am going to buy when I will move to a flat where I have the necessary space).
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
March 23 2012 17:41 GMT
#2766
WTF today I did the most retarded thing. I was changing clothes in the locker room of my gym. There was a dude putting stuff in the locker right below mine. And I'm like, hmm if I use my locker he may bump his head. I walk up to the locker, and suddenly complete retard mode switches on. I pull the locker door towards me, just above his head. He rises and hits his head REALLY hard on the door. If I hadn't touched the thing he problaby would've been fine, then I go and put the thing RIGHT above his head. WTF is wrong with me ....
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
March 23 2012 17:44 GMT
#2767
I do have the bar malinor posted, it's solid and yes switch the screws for better ones, just to be safe.
What i have to say, i much prefer a bar for the ceiling. If you do weighted chins, and use a belt with plates they will scratch the wall everytime leaving nasty marks.
We got a thick metal bar as wide as our carridor bought some anchoring for the walls and basically just put it up, much better to do pull ups there. Pretty cheap also, we paid like 30€ for everything, and we used a pretty expensive bar. (i can take pictures if someone wants some more exact infos, pretty hard in english)
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
March 23 2012 17:55 GMT
#2768
On March 24 2012 02:31 BlondeOnBlonde wrote:
Failed my 243kg deadlift attempt at knee level. I'm ashamed and furious at myself. My strength is definitly there but my fightning spirit is weak. I hope this is the trigger that brings me back on track...


aw shoot man! Only thing that goes through my mind while deadlifting is just keep on pulling.

gl on your next lift!
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
March 23 2012 18:17 GMT
#2769
I'm going to start SL5x5 today.

Fuck it. I am. gogog me.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
March 23 2012 18:26 GMT
#2770
Getting something of a chest cold, (no problem breathing or anything really except occasional cough + mucus) Should i just vit d bomb?

On March 24 2012 02:31 BlondeOnBlonde wrote:
Failed my 243kg deadlift attempt at knee level. I'm ashamed and furious at myself. My strength is definitly there but my fightning spirit is weak. I hope this is the trigger that brings me back on track...


I know EXACTLY how you feel

how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
March 23 2012 19:16 GMT
#2771
Anybody doing SL5x5 that can give me a crash course on it? I'm pretty lost on their content filled website.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
March 23 2012 19:20 GMT
#2772
Have you got the spreadsheet? That's the clearest thing to be honest. The rest of the site gives the reasoning behind the program, motivation, debunks myths, teaches form etc. If you don't need that and just want the program just put your numbers in the spreadsheet and do what it tells you. If you've been doing a lot before you may have to do 3x5 but I'd just start with 5x5 and switch if you can't recover between doing that lift.
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
March 23 2012 19:32 GMT
#2773
On March 24 2012 04:16 funkie wrote:
Anybody doing SL5x5 that can give me a crash course on it? I'm pretty lost on their content filled website.

Two workouts:

Workout A
Bench 5x5
Squats 5x5
Rows 5x5

Workout B
Squats 5x5
Press 5x5
Deadlift 1x5

You alternate between them three times a week. If you finish your five sets at a specific weight, you increase the weight by 2.5kg for the next session (except for deadlifts, where you increase the weight by 5kg per success). That's pretty much it.
Moderator
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
March 23 2012 19:55 GMT
#2774
On March 24 2012 04:32 Daigomi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 04:16 funkie wrote:
Anybody doing SL5x5 that can give me a crash course on it? I'm pretty lost on their content filled website.

Two workouts:

Workout A
Bench 5x5
Squats 5x5
Rows 5x5

Workout B
Squats 5x5
Press 5x5
Deadlift 1x5

You alternate between them three times a week. If you finish your five sets at a specific weight, you increase the weight by 2.5kg for the next session (except for deadlifts, where you increase the weight by 5kg per success). That's pretty much it.


I think Funkie's talking about madcow/bill starr 5x5, the intermediate routines, not the beginner routine.
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 20:06:01
March 23 2012 20:05 GMT
#2775
Looking at that, I've only just realised that I've been doing rows and deadlift the wrong way around. I don't think it matters at all though, was sure it was the other way around.

Edit: Ah, I've been doing it the same way around as SS (if you do BB rows instead of cleans).
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
March 23 2012 20:05 GMT
#2776
On March 24 2012 04:55 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 04:32 Daigomi wrote:
On March 24 2012 04:16 funkie wrote:
Anybody doing SL5x5 that can give me a crash course on it? I'm pretty lost on their content filled website.

Two workouts:

Workout A
Bench 5x5
Squats 5x5
Rows 5x5

Workout B
Squats 5x5
Press 5x5
Deadlift 1x5

You alternate between them three times a week. If you finish your five sets at a specific weight, you increase the weight by 2.5kg for the next session (except for deadlifts, where you increase the weight by 5kg per success). That's pretty much it.


I think Funkie's talking about madcow/bill starr 5x5, the intermediate routines, not the beginner routine.

That makes way more sense yeah. I was wondering why he would want to go back to the beginner routine.
Moderator
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
March 23 2012 20:15 GMT
#2777
I'm doing a bastardized version of madcow.

Monday:
Squats 5x5
Bench 5x5
Cleans 5x3 (was doing 10x2)
Weight Decline Situps 3x5/8 alternates, add weight when doing 3x5
Chinups 3xwhatever

Wednesday:
Light Squat 4x5
Press 4x5
Deadlift 4x5
Hypers3x8

Friday:
Squat 4x5 1x3 +10lbs from monday
Bench 4x5 1x3 +5lbs from monday
Cleans 4x3 2x1 +5lbs from monday
pullups 3xwhatever
facepulls 3x10
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 20:20:41
March 23 2012 20:18 GMT
#2778
Well I'm confused,

do I do like, 3-4 warmup sets, and then 5x5 with heavy weight? ;o that could be even more taxing that SS :o.

I need halpz

Edit: on a better note, I think I'm going to study this more, before I go into it, last session of current workout today then.

gogo me.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
March 23 2012 20:20 GMT
#2779
On March 24 2012 05:18 funkie wrote:
Well I'm confused,

do I do like, 3-4 warmup sets, and then 5x5 with heavy weight? ;o that could be even more taxing that SS :o.

I need halpz

Since you're mentioning SS now, I'm assuming you're referring to the beginner SL again? I am confused as well

If you are referring to just Stronglifts 5x5, then yes, you do your normal warm-up sets and then you do 5 sets on your work weight. It's definitely more taxing (and time consuming) than SS, which is why I changed to SS after a few months.
Moderator
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
March 23 2012 20:30 GMT
#2780
Been at this for about 3 months now and I discovered something. I've taken progress pictures once at the end of each month, and while I can clearly see improvement in mirrors, the pictures look exactly the same. Is that... Ironic?
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Prev 1 137 138 139 140 141 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 832
RotterdaM400
SteadfastSC165
TKL 156
Rex103
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 400
ByuN 254
SteadfastSC 165
TKL 156
Rex 103
Codebar 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33925
Shuttle 2020
Jaedong 811
Bisu 623
Horang2 576
Soulkey 477
Stork 299
Mini 298
Larva 243
actioN 240
[ Show more ]
BeSt 220
Soma 201
EffOrt 193
Mong 166
firebathero 158
Last 147
Rush 139
Snow 130
ZerO 121
Zeus 100
Free 80
910 77
Pusan 75
Mind 69
Hyun 65
PianO 55
Shinee 51
Sharp 45
Shine 44
hero 42
Yoon 42
JYJ 33
Sexy 33
Bale 26
sorry 25
Aegong 21
Hm[arnc] 20
HiyA 20
ToSsGirL 19
ZergMaN 13
yabsab 13
Sacsri 12
scan(afreeca) 11
Noble 10
Icarus 5
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Gorgc2562
Dendi961
canceldota70
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1263
edward6
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King212
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes446
Other Games
gofns58854
singsing2203
Lowko311
B2W.Neo231
DeMusliM201
hiko187
Pyrionflax175
Livibee147
QueenE45
Trikslyr30
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1030
Other Games
BasetradeTV177
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV444
League of Legends
• Jankos1261
Other Games
• Shiphtur585
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 26m
The PondCast
21h 26m
INu's Battles
22h 26m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.