• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:15
CEST 07:15
KST 14:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6034 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 141

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 139 140 141 142 143 379 Next
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
March 24 2012 11:58 GMT
#2801
Ugh, got some sort of food poisoning the night before my race. Feels a little better now but got sucky amounts of sleep and I run in 2 hours. Wish me luck XD
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
March 24 2012 11:59 GMT
#2802
On March 24 2012 16:13 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 16:02 thedeadhaji wrote:
No idea, probably allergies...

I got cramps in both calves simultaneously receiving head (standing up). I sort of (read: totally) kneed her in the face and then rolled around the floor. Cramps suck.

Can't wait to be back in my place & gym in the netherlands btw, though I made some good progress this week aswell.


Haha I'm imagining this much worse than it problaby actually happened
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 12:59:21
March 24 2012 12:38 GMT
#2803
On March 24 2012 19:19 KOVU wrote:
How do you teach someone who can't do a bodyweight squat to do a squat? His adductors are really inflexible so his knees travel forward instead of outwards, this prolly isnt the main problem tho.

He can do squats just fine if he can hold onto a rack or a door or something. Not really sure what to do. I have him stretching every day pretty thoroughly.



I've always found squats slightly easier with weight, I'm not quite sure why but to stop myself falling backwards in a bodyweight squat I have to either lean my body really far forwards like I'm doing a good morning, or move my knees forward bringing my centre of mass back over my feet. It might be something similar with him , and when holding a squat rack he won't fall over so can do it fine.

A bodyweight squat will only be the same as a normal squat surely if your centre of mass is always through where the bar rests. For different body shapes etc their centre of mass may be in different places. This seems right to me especially considering people put fat on their stomach but not on their back so much, I doubt additional bum fat would cancel that out completely.

That's all kind of hypothetical though. I don't know. Maybe I'm just inflexible somehow.
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
March 24 2012 12:39 GMT
#2804
On March 24 2012 20:58 mordek wrote:
Ugh, got some sort of food poisoning the night before my race. Feels a little better now but got sucky amounts of sleep and I run in 2 hours. Wish me luck XD



Good luck.

Don't worry you just lost excess weight, you're lighter now.
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
March 24 2012 12:39 GMT
#2805
On March 24 2012 19:19 KOVU wrote:
How do you teach someone who can't do a bodyweight squat to do a squat? His adductors are really inflexible so his knees travel forward instead of outwards, this prolly isnt the main problem tho.

He can do squats just fine if he can hold onto a rack or a door or something. Not really sure what to do. I have him stretching every day pretty thoroughly.


sounds like he needs stronger stabilizer muscles (abs)
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
March 24 2012 13:57 GMT
#2806
I don't have olympic lifting shoes so yesterday I decided to try squatting (h-bar) with one of the 1cm thick rubber mats under my heels, and immediately it felt a lot better to knees, hip flexors etc. weird.
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 14:15:46
March 24 2012 14:11 GMT
#2807
PT told me to get rid of my anterior pelvic tilt so I tried to keep a proper posture while walking my dog yesterday, now I'm sore as fuck LOL. Not easy to change something you've been doing for over 20 years XD.

Which reminds me I really should do my stretches before mlg.
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
mcmartini
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia1972 Posts
March 24 2012 14:39 GMT
#2808
Did my first set of proper deadlifts with a barbell yesterday my back is still hurting but feel good and only did 10 kg less than I was doing on the machine :D Felt much better than using the machine keen to start doing proper squats as well this week should be interesting :D
I just want to say I have 370 APM - Liquid'Tyler SotG 14-12-2011 "I mean it's too bad you can't be paid to be, you know, a chicken shit fucking whiny bitch on the internet or we would have lots of rich community members" Nick "Tasteless" Plott
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 15:29:31
March 24 2012 15:07 GMT
#2809
On March 24 2012 21:39 Deadeight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 20:58 mordek wrote:
Ugh, got some sort of food poisoning the night before my race. Feels a little better now but got sucky amounts of sleep and I run in 2 hours. Wish me luck XD



Good luck.

Don't worry you just lost excess weight, you're lighter now.

Thanks! Clock said 22:36 when I crossed but I was in the back of the mob when the race started so I think I could shave 30 seconds off. Was hoping for < 21 but considering the circumstances I wore my ESPORTS shirt with pride.

Edit: looks like official time was 22:40 23rd place
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
March 24 2012 16:18 GMT
#2810
On March 24 2012 19:19 KOVU wrote:
How do you teach someone who can't do a bodyweight squat to do a squat? His adductors are really inflexible so his knees travel forward instead of outwards, this prolly isnt the main problem tho.

He can do squats just fine if he can hold onto a rack or a door or something. Not really sure what to do. I have him stretching every day pretty thoroughly.

read this

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_thirdworld_squat
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
Vitruvian
Profile Joined September 2011
United States168 Posts
March 24 2012 16:59 GMT
#2811
'Twas a day for PR's yesterday. Worked up to a 350-lb squat for one rep, OHP 3x5 @ 125 lbs (weaksauce lololol), power clean doubles @ 225 lbs, singles @ 235.
Where does one draw the line for power cleans turning into full cleans? I've pretty much always considered it a power clean as long as I don't come to a complete stop and full depth.
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
March 24 2012 17:30 GMT
#2812
On March 25 2012 01:59 Vitruvian wrote:
'Twas a day for PR's yesterday. Worked up to a 350-lb squat for one rep, OHP 3x5 @ 125 lbs (weaksauce lololol), power clean doubles @ 225 lbs, singles @ 235.
Where does one draw the line for power cleans turning into full cleans? I've pretty much always considered it a power clean as long as I don't come to a complete stop and full depth.


if you catch the bar above parallel, then it's a power clean.
nice numbers btw
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
March 24 2012 18:19 GMT
#2813
Ripped my favourite pair of pants will squatting today... I am so stupid, ALWAYS were compression shorts for squats. But no, I just wanted a pocket for my phone so I could hear music while training. That worked out wonderfully.
The workout also did not get better afterwards, stupid day.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
March 24 2012 18:40 GMT
#2814
About to squat. Hopefully this hiperhidratation thing works.

Morning weight: 78,5kg
Current weight (after pee) : 80,3kg.
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
March 24 2012 19:00 GMT
#2815
On March 25 2012 03:19 Malinor wrote:
Ripped my favourite pair of pants will squatting today... I am so stupid, ALWAYS were compression shorts for squats. But no, I just wanted a pocket for my phone so I could hear music while training. That worked out wonderfully.
The workout also did not get better afterwards, stupid day.

Recently I'm just wearing these awful looking loose stretchy pants. I don't like them, but every pair of non-stretchy pants I've worn to squats have been torn so far, so I've just given up on it.
Moderator
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
March 24 2012 19:29 GMT
#2816
On March 25 2012 04:00 Daigomi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 03:19 Malinor wrote:
Ripped my favourite pair of pants will squatting today... I am so stupid, ALWAYS were compression shorts for squats. But no, I just wanted a pocket for my phone so I could hear music while training. That worked out wonderfully.
The workout also did not get better afterwards, stupid day.

Recently I'm just wearing these awful looking loose stretchy pants. I don't like them, but every pair of non-stretchy pants I've worn to squats have been torn so far, so I've just given up on it.

Whenever I wear tights I'm too focussed hitting on myself to actually squat. Never thought I'd actually consider my legs my most attractive bodypart. Simple loose sweats should work fine for actual working out, though. It's what I use.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
March 24 2012 19:42 GMT
#2817
On March 24 2012 22:57 rEiGN~ wrote:
I don't have olympic lifting shoes so yesterday I decided to try squatting (h-bar) with one of the 1cm thick rubber mats under my heels, and immediately it felt a lot better to knees, hip flexors etc. weird.


I used to do it with a 1.25kg plate under each heel.
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
March 24 2012 19:45 GMT
#2818
On March 25 2012 04:29 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 04:00 Daigomi wrote:
On March 25 2012 03:19 Malinor wrote:
Ripped my favourite pair of pants will squatting today... I am so stupid, ALWAYS were compression shorts for squats. But no, I just wanted a pocket for my phone so I could hear music while training. That worked out wonderfully.
The workout also did not get better afterwards, stupid day.

Recently I'm just wearing these awful looking loose stretchy pants. I don't like them, but every pair of non-stretchy pants I've worn to squats have been torn so far, so I've just given up on it.

Whenever I wear tights I'm too focussed hitting on myself to actually squat. Never thought I'd actually consider my legs my most attractive bodypart. Simple loose sweats should work fine for actual working out, though. It's what I use.



Nowdays I just do them in rugby shorts with lycra shorts underneath, works pretty well. I definitely preferred just wearing my rowing unisuit but it's a bit of a faux pas I guess.
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
March 24 2012 20:18 GMT
#2819
On March 25 2012 04:42 Deadeight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 22:57 rEiGN~ wrote:
I don't have olympic lifting shoes so yesterday I decided to try squatting (h-bar) with one of the 1cm thick rubber mats under my heels, and immediately it felt a lot better to knees, hip flexors etc. weird.


I used to do it with a 1.25kg plate under each heel.


I've read people do that, doesn't sound like a very good idea at heavy weights though.
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
March 24 2012 20:37 GMT
#2820
On March 24 2012 23:39 mcmartini wrote:
Did my first set of proper deadlifts with a barbell yesterday my back is still hurting but feel good and only did 10 kg less than I was doing on the machine :D Felt much better than using the machine keen to start doing proper squats as well this week should be interesting :D


congrats man :D
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Prev 1 139 140 141 142 143 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 98
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2449
GuemChi 709
Leta 156
Snow 110
Terrorterran 72
Bale 30
Noble 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 9
Dota 2
febbydoto17
League of Legends
JimRising 631
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King62
Other Games
summit1g6720
WinterStarcraft354
C9.Mang0276
Sick142
ViBE88
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick568
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 111
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki15
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2147
League of Legends
• Lourlo1306
• Stunt413
Other Games
• Shiphtur394
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 45m
Patches Events
10h 45m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.