• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:15
CEST 07:15
KST 14:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6034 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 142

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 140 141 142 143 144 379 Next
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
March 24 2012 20:46 GMT
#2821
On March 25 2012 04:29 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 04:00 Daigomi wrote:
On March 25 2012 03:19 Malinor wrote:
Ripped my favourite pair of pants will squatting today... I am so stupid, ALWAYS were compression shorts for squats. But no, I just wanted a pocket for my phone so I could hear music while training. That worked out wonderfully.
The workout also did not get better afterwards, stupid day.

Recently I'm just wearing these awful looking loose stretchy pants. I don't like them, but every pair of non-stretchy pants I've worn to squats have been torn so far, so I've just given up on it.

Whenever I wear tights I'm too focussed hitting on myself to actually squat. Never thought I'd actually consider my legs my most attractive bodypart. Simple loose sweats should work fine for actual working out, though. It's what I use.



LOL funniest thing i read in awhile
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
March 24 2012 20:54 GMT
#2822
FINALLY SQUATTED 315 FOR REPS HOLY FUCK ONLY TOOK FOUR MONTHS

oh yah, benched 250x3 but w/e fuck bench.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 21:07:48
March 24 2012 21:07 GMT
#2823
On March 25 2012 05:18 rEiGN~ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 04:42 Deadeight wrote:
On March 24 2012 22:57 rEiGN~ wrote:
I don't have olympic lifting shoes so yesterday I decided to try squatting (h-bar) with one of the 1cm thick rubber mats under my heels, and immediately it felt a lot better to knees, hip flexors etc. weird.


I used to do it with a 1.25kg plate under each heel.


I've read people do that, doesn't sound like a very good idea at heavy weights though.

+ Show Spoiler +
Schwarzenegger on a board:

[image loading]


And using a 1.25kg plate was fine, did it till recently with heavy weight (by normal standards), but have lifting shoes now.
Vitruvian
Profile Joined September 2011
United States168 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 21:20:44
March 24 2012 21:19 GMT
#2824
On March 25 2012 06:07 Deadeight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 05:18 rEiGN~ wrote:
On March 25 2012 04:42 Deadeight wrote:
On March 24 2012 22:57 rEiGN~ wrote:
I don't have olympic lifting shoes so yesterday I decided to try squatting (h-bar) with one of the 1cm thick rubber mats under my heels, and immediately it felt a lot better to knees, hip flexors etc. weird.


I used to do it with a 1.25kg plate under each heel.


I've read people do that, doesn't sound like a very good idea at heavy weights though.

+ Show Spoiler +
Schwarzenegger on a board:

[image loading]


And using a 1.25kg plate was fine, did it till recently with heavy weight (by normal standards), but have lifting shoes now.


Bar placement way too high, back rounded, knees appear to be caving, and IS THAT A PAD ON THE BAR? Who the hell is this scrub, get him out of here!

+ Show Spoiler +
I keed, I keed
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
March 24 2012 21:23 GMT
#2825
actually in that video he is just bending the barbell around his neck, ends up tying it into a full knot
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
March 24 2012 21:27 GMT
#2826
On March 25 2012 06:23 FFGenerations wrote:
actually in that video he is just bending the barbell around his neck, ends up tying it into a full knot

If the bar bends that much from about 150kg's, there's probably strongmen out there that could actually do that rofl.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
March 24 2012 21:37 GMT
#2827
Look like 200kg but yeah, shit bar.
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
March 24 2012 21:55 GMT
#2828
Yeah I agree with Sneakyz, think it's 200kg. Are some bars supposed to have a bit of bend? I've seen a big bend in a lot of photos, but always seems to be in pictures of squats.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
March 24 2012 22:08 GMT
#2829
Talking of 200kg, FUCK YEAH.

GoTuNk first squats 185kg.

GoTuNk then squats 195kg.

GoTuNk SSJ Squatting 202.5kg:



+ Show Spoiler +
sJarl and decaf, problem?


FUUUUUUUCK YEAHHH IM SO HAPPY.

Moving on to date 1, I earned the bitch. And the next one.

:D:D:D:D:D
lyAsakura
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1414 Posts
March 24 2012 22:09 GMT
#2830
On March 25 2012 06:55 Deadeight wrote:
Yeah I agree with Sneakyz, think it's 200kg. Are some bars supposed to have a bit of bend? I've seen a big bend in a lot of photos, but always seems to be in pictures of squats.


Weightlifting bars tend to have lots of bend (whip), while powerlifting bars don't. Maybe because weightlifters don't bench or dl, but squat tons.

Or, you know... Arnold could have just let the bar lie on the rack overnight with weight on a couple of times, and boom, bent bar.
WeMade FOX would be a deadly SC2 team.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
March 24 2012 22:25 GMT
#2831
Congrats gotunk!
Official Entusman #21
Gatored
Profile Joined September 2010
United States679 Posts
March 24 2012 22:56 GMT
#2832
Can anyone recommend a pair of decent weightlifting shoes for ~$50-$60?
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 23:19:56
March 24 2012 23:12 GMT
#2833
On March 25 2012 07:56 Gatored wrote:
Can anyone recommend a pair of decent weightlifting shoes for ~$50-$60?


Everyone seems to recommend converse chuck taylors for weight lifting, good sole that doesn't compress. I think all Olympic shoes are going to be a lot more than that, but I may be wrong.



@Gotunk, that's massive, congrats!
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 23:14:48
March 24 2012 23:14 GMT
#2834
On March 25 2012 07:08 GoTuNk! wrote:
Talking of 200kg, FUCK YEAH.

GoTuNk first squats 185kg.

GoTuNk then squats 195kg.

GoTuNk SSJ Squatting 202.5kg:

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIKI4--5Vgk


+ Show Spoiler +
sJarl and decaf, problem?


FUUUUUUUCK YEAHHH IM SO HAPPY.

Moving on to date 1, I earned the bitch. And the next one.

:D:D:D:D:D


holy shit! well done man!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
March 24 2012 23:47 GMT
#2835
On March 25 2012 07:56 Gatored wrote:
Can anyone recommend a pair of decent weightlifting shoes for ~$50-$60?

Chuck Taylors? Depends on what kind of weightlifting I guess
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
mcmartini
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia1972 Posts
March 25 2012 00:05 GMT
#2836
On March 25 2012 08:14 Zafrumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 07:08 GoTuNk! wrote:
Talking of 200kg, FUCK YEAH.

GoTuNk first squats 185kg.

GoTuNk then squats 195kg.

GoTuNk SSJ Squatting 202.5kg:

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIKI4--5Vgk


+ Show Spoiler +
sJarl and decaf, problem?


FUUUUUUUCK YEAHHH IM SO HAPPY.

Moving on to date 1, I earned the bitch. And the next one.

:D:D:D:D:D


holy shit! well done man!

I can't even imagine how solid your legs are haha fucking very well done, hope those dates went well!
I just want to say I have 370 APM - Liquid'Tyler SotG 14-12-2011 "I mean it's too bad you can't be paid to be, you know, a chicken shit fucking whiny bitch on the internet or we would have lots of rich community members" Nick "Tasteless" Plott
APurpleCow
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States1372 Posts
March 25 2012 00:20 GMT
#2837
Got tired of stalling on SS, switched to 5/3/1-BBB. My numbers aren't that high and most would consider it to be within linear progression, but it's not happening for me, maybe because I'm a vegetarian. I'd be more than happy with just seeing 5/3/1's progress; it'd put me at my goal of a 1000 pound total in only a year.
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
March 25 2012 07:36 GMT
#2838
On March 25 2012 07:56 Gatored wrote:
Can anyone recommend a pair of decent weightlifting shoes for ~$50-$60?

For oly lifting, cheaper generally means worse. This site claims to have found a decent cheap one, for 79$.

Link: http://wlshoes.com/review/wei-rui-maestro-weightlifting-shoes/
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
March 25 2012 09:08 GMT
#2839
On March 25 2012 08:14 Zafrumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 07:08 GoTuNk! wrote:
Talking of 200kg, FUCK YEAH.

GoTuNk first squats 185kg.

GoTuNk then squats 195kg.

GoTuNk SSJ Squatting 202.5kg:

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIKI4--5Vgk


+ Show Spoiler +
sJarl and decaf, problem?


FUUUUUUUCK YEAHHH IM SO HAPPY.

Moving on to date 1, I earned the bitch. And the next one.

:D:D:D:D:D


holy shit! well done man!

Lol, what a boss, I loved the gentleman's fistpump. :p
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
March 25 2012 14:20 GMT
#2840
fuck yeah Gotunk! congrats!
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Prev 1 140 141 142 143 144 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 98
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2449
GuemChi 709
Leta 156
Snow 110
Terrorterran 72
Bale 30
Noble 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 9
Dota 2
febbydoto17
League of Legends
JimRising 631
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King62
Other Games
summit1g6720
WinterStarcraft354
C9.Mang0276
Sick142
ViBE88
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick568
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 111
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki15
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2147
League of Legends
• Lourlo1306
• Stunt413
Other Games
• Shiphtur394
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 45m
Patches Events
10h 45m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.