• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:28
CEST 08:28
KST 15:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9379 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 144

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 142 143 144 145 146 379 Next
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
March 26 2012 13:39 GMT
#2861
Managed to pull 130kg on friday, without any pains, I actually powerCleaned like my BW x 4 lolol :D

Dunno, I think I'll keep a little while on the program I am on, it works and it's fun as hell .

plus, the bros always feel treatened by the funkster .
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
March 26 2012 16:32 GMT
#2862
On March 26 2012 22:39 funkie wrote:
Managed to pull 130kg on friday, without any pains, I actually powerCleaned like my BW x 4 lolol :D

Dunno, I think I'll keep a little while on the program I am on, it works and it's fun as hell .

plus, the bros always feel treatened by the funkster .

Wait, you deadlifted 130kg? If so, I'm like 30kg ahead of you.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
March 26 2012 17:47 GMT
#2863
Congrats gotunk! Sick strength. Hopefully i can get up a 200kg squat soon ATG :D
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
March 26 2012 18:09 GMT
#2864
On March 27 2012 01:32 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2012 22:39 funkie wrote:
Managed to pull 130kg on friday, without any pains, I actually powerCleaned like my BW x 4 lolol :D

Dunno, I think I'll keep a little while on the program I am on, it works and it's fun as hell .

plus, the bros always feel treatened by the funkster .

Wait, you deadlifted 130kg? If so, I'm like 30kg ahead of you.


Hm it's a race now is it ;-P?
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
March 26 2012 18:16 GMT
#2865
Skiing is like steroids to me. Every Monday after a skiing weekend I break PRs, every Monday after a lazy weekend I fail epically. What to do come summer :-(
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-26 18:25:06
March 26 2012 18:24 GMT
#2866
On March 22 2012 01:37 KOVU wrote:
URGH!
Could only finish 3 reps of my deadlifts today. Grip keeps failing me, fucking hell. Got 3reps with 126kg, last week i got 5 reps with 124kg. Maybe I should switch to mixed grip? Been doing overhand grip without hook and it isn't working too well anymore.
Been trying to up my grip strength with deadlift holds and pinch-gripping plates, not sure if either is very effective.

When you use a mixed grip do you swap the grip for each workout or just for the warm-ups?

Oh, and OHP 55kg for 3x5, which is a PR for me.

Turns out I calculated wrong last week, had 8kgs more than 124kg on the bar. LOL

Pulled 126 today, last rep wasn't pretty tho


And crazy strength GoTunk, mad congratulations
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
March 26 2012 18:30 GMT
#2867
On March 27 2012 03:16 zatic wrote:
Skiing is like steroids to me. Every Monday after a skiing weekend I break PRs, every Monday after a lazy weekend I fail epically. What to do come summer :-(

You ski every weekend during the winter? Most unfair.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
March 26 2012 18:48 GMT
#2868
Fuck front rack. Tried front squats today and used that weird crossed arms rack, and even with that hold the slight asymmetry in my chest means I cant get both hands grasping the bar without all the weight going on my clavicle. Time to look for a third way to try to put a bar on my shoulders.
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
March 26 2012 18:54 GMT
#2869
Well this might be an option if you can't rack it properly for some reason.

I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
March 26 2012 19:14 GMT
#2870
On March 27 2012 01:32 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2012 22:39 funkie wrote:
Managed to pull 130kg on friday, without any pains, I actually powerCleaned like my BW x 4 lolol :D

Dunno, I think I'll keep a little while on the program I am on, it works and it's fun as hell .

plus, the bros always feel treatened by the funkster .

Wait, you deadlifted 130kg? If so, I'm like 30kg ahead of you.


that's squat.

I pulled it out of my ass.

I deadlift 170kg. <3. gtfo.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
March 26 2012 19:29 GMT
#2871
On March 27 2012 03:54 Sneakyz wrote:
Well this might be an option if you can't rack it properly for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVTkbggmxR0


Ah yeah, that's the one I tried to use today. Will do it just how that guy did and have hand lying over the bad and not holding onto it.
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
March 26 2012 19:31 GMT
#2872
He does a variation with straps in the vid since I assume you just looked at the preview pic
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
March 26 2012 19:35 GMT
#2873
Man that looks like it would really hurt your wrists when you start lifting heavy.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
March 26 2012 19:45 GMT
#2874
California strength did some amazing videos on how to stretch for front squat position. Pretty sure K-star did too (MWOD guy)
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
March 26 2012 20:07 GMT
#2875
On March 27 2012 04:35 Osmoses wrote:
Man that looks like it would really hurt your wrists when you start lifting heavy.


Meh i feel it in one of my wrist a little bit (i sprained it in the past) when i get above 140kg or so but i just throw a bit of tape on that bitch. That guy's flexibilty was pretty terrible, it wasn't even resting on his shoulders. No need to have your whole hand on it, i usually just go 2-3 fingers.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-26 20:36:52
March 26 2012 20:24 GMT
#2876
On March 27 2012 04:31 Sneakyz wrote:
He does a variation with straps in the vid since I assume you just looked at the preview pic



Ah thanks

I watched it but skipped through it, thought it was the same as a few others I'd watched on it. Looks like I need to buy some straps again, sold my last pair. They were padded though, need normal straps for this.


EDIT: Also, on a side note, those plates are beautiful.
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
March 26 2012 20:42 GMT
#2877
On March 27 2012 05:24 Deadeight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2012 04:31 Sneakyz wrote:
He does a variation with straps in the vid since I assume you just looked at the preview pic



Ah thanks

I watched it but skipped through it, thought it was the same as a few others I'd watched on it. Looks like I need to buy some straps again, sold my last pair. They were padded though, need normal straps for this.


EDIT: Also, on a side note, those plates are beautiful.

would do so many bad things for a full set of calibrated eleiko plates and a real bar.
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
March 26 2012 20:56 GMT
#2878
On March 26 2012 12:22 FFGenerations wrote:
are you THAT fat travis? im eating till i hit 100kg or so, coz thats where we're gonna end up anyway. i thought people seem to mainly drop weight either for competition or because they like to look better for the beach/they wanna see their abs. otherwise shouldnt you just eat till an optimal weight and then reconsider once you reach it, body recomposition in the meantime? anyway nice to see you here, you should start a log on google docs (spreadsheet)


when i went into basic training i weighed 168lbs (im slightly under 6'1)

came out 8.5 weeks later weighing 197.. lol
and more of that is fat gain i think than muscle

anyways i want to weigh... 170-175
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
March 26 2012 21:16 GMT
#2879
Had a shitty exam this morning.

Went to gym.

Squatted 200kg.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
March 26 2012 21:21 GMT
#2880
So after going a week or two without at least loosely counting calories I think I'm going back to doing that to make sure I get enough calories. Gains have been slowing down and I've only been in the SS/SL for a month and a half. Don't want my squats to stop at just 250lbs!

On March 27 2012 06:16 sJarl wrote:
Had a shitty exam this morning.

Went to gym.

Squatted 200kg.

Aw yeah!
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Prev 1 142 143 144 145 146 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1021
910 108
Hyun 68
NotJumperer 45
Bale 34
sorry 25
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto219
League of Legends
JimRising 610
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King137
Other Games
summit1g6843
Coldzera 719
WinterStarcraft388
C9.Mang0234
ceh9232
NeuroSwarm108
ViBE32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick609
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 31
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2246
League of Legends
• Rush1181
• Lourlo1032
• Stunt364
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 32m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 32m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 32m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.