• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:45
CEST 19:45
KST 02:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7537 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 145

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 143 144 145 146 147 379 Next
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
March 27 2012 00:12 GMT
#2881
not stuff myself with food is awesome. Love cutting
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
March 27 2012 00:20 GMT
#2882
On March 27 2012 09:12 GoTuNk! wrote:
not stuff myself with food is awesome. Love cutting

Just shows you that the grass is always greener on the other side. I can't wait to get off the cut so I can start eating comfortably without worrying about calorie limits again :p
Moderator
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
March 27 2012 00:22 GMT
#2883
@Sjarl - Fuck. Now i really need to squat 200kg again You and gotunk getting huge.

Took it pretty easy today. Rugby game saturday + free booze n strip clubs + all state tryouts on sunday = sore decaf.

Snatch - 5x2 @ 90kg, couple singles at 95 and 100
CJ - up to 115. Realize this is going nowhere.
Back squat - singles up to 155kg. Realize this is going nowhere
Front squat - singles increase by 5kg from 100 to 155. Better than expected. 155 was like a 5 second grind.
Bench - 3x5 @ 205 This is going well. Weight felt good but not difficult Finally gonna start making real gains. Chest looking less like a pre pubescent girl.
Pull ups - 3x5 +10 pounds. Weight belt was broken so i had to hold dumb bell between my feet ~~
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Nokarot
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1410 Posts
March 27 2012 02:21 GMT
#2884
Making a second attempt at a better body. Mind you, before any of you super fit dudes comes and gives me advice, my goal isnt to run any marathons but simply to lose weight. As it stands, I've lost 8 pounds so far (287 now, though people s ay I look 220, w/e) in the last 3 weeks from diet alone. I realize exercise is important for continued progress, but I'm pretty comfortable with the progress I've made for the time being.
beep beep boop
BlondeOnBlonde
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada150 Posts
March 27 2012 02:46 GMT
#2885
Everyone is posting PRs and I'm failling... Need to get stronger T_T
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
March 27 2012 03:08 GMT
#2886
190/245lb sn/cj today. 25lb pr on total. Over the last month I haven't managed to snatch over 165 (alltime pr of 180) and was only doing it once a week as a result of some forearm tendinitis. I was squatting to daily max and doing cj related exercises 6 days a week though.
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-27 03:17:26
March 27 2012 03:16 GMT
#2887
About two months in and feel a lot better than before I started working out, also haven't had caffeine in almost 3 weeks. Really need to start doing extra bicep workouts or doing more during my routine.

Also discovering that Dragonforce/Techno music is the best workout music ever.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
March 27 2012 03:28 GMT
#2888
On March 27 2012 12:16 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
About two months in and feel a lot better than before I started working out, also haven't had caffeine in almost 3 weeks. Really need to start doing extra bicep workouts or doing more during my routine.

Also discovering that Dragonforce/Techno music is the best workout music ever.

Weighted chin-ups!
Official Entusman #21
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
March 27 2012 03:36 GMT
#2889
Super lazy. Didn't go to gym last week. Time to start posting more, get some motivations.

Anyways, after stretching a ton I've had absurd amounts of scar tissue continue to break down.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
March 27 2012 06:09 GMT
#2890
Concert lineup is finally out for the big party my university is throwing april 27th. Just happens to be the day before my warrior dash.

+ Show Spoiler +

Mayfest @ walnut park (outdoor concert from 1-6 pm)

Outasight
Timeflies
5 & A Dime
Aer

Blockparty @ Carrier Dome (15,000 seat concert that night at 7 pm)

Kaskade
Cold War Kids
"Special Guest" yet to be announced.

Pretty much the whole campus is upset - just got #thingsidratherdothangotoblockparty trending world wide on twitter at #1 for like half an hour. Last year was Kid Cudi, nas & damian marley, year before was Drake and birdman, our last concert in february was rick ross and ludacris. Rumour before this list came out was that it was LMFAO, but I guess that's a nope.

Still holding out hope of Childish Gambino coming for the special guest. Between him and cold war kids I'd actually go >_<.


Overall, disappointing considering they had over a million dollars to work with in booking these acts. Wish some of that could have gone to a couple new squat racks instead of being wasted. Guess I'll be a bit more clear headed for my run than I thought. In other news, I'm going to be putting running back into my workout routine (probably twice a week, in addition to rugby, swimming, lifeguarding, and lifting that I'm already doing). Any tips for working up my 5k time would be fantastic, I've got a month to do it.
DimmuKlok
Profile Joined June 2010
United States225 Posts
March 27 2012 07:02 GMT
#2891
On March 27 2012 11:21 Nokarot wrote:
Making a second attempt at a better body. Mind you, before any of you super fit dudes comes and gives me advice, my goal isnt to run any marathons but simply to lose weight. As it stands, I've lost 8 pounds so far (287 now, though people s ay I look 220, w/e) in the last 3 weeks from diet alone. I realize exercise is important for continued progress, but I'm pretty comfortable with the progress I've made for the time being.

That's great you're getting in better shape. You're going to feel amazing when you drop the weight.

Your diet is the biggest contributor to weight loss, so make sure it's good. Exercise is important but a solid diet will make it a smooth coast to the finish line. I'm not sure if you've read the sticky on nutrition yet, but if not here it is. I can't stress enough the importance of knowing what you should/shouldn't be eating and how much of it you should be eating.

Good luck, and keep us updated! If you have any questions don't be a stranger.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
March 27 2012 07:40 GMT
#2892
On March 27 2012 16:02 DimmuKlok wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2012 11:21 Nokarot wrote:
Making a second attempt at a better body. Mind you, before any of you super fit dudes comes and gives me advice, my goal isnt to run any marathons but simply to lose weight. As it stands, I've lost 8 pounds so far (287 now, though people s ay I look 220, w/e) in the last 3 weeks from diet alone. I realize exercise is important for continued progress, but I'm pretty comfortable with the progress I've made for the time being.

That's great you're getting in better shape. You're going to feel amazing when you drop the weight.

Your diet is the biggest contributor to weight loss, so make sure it's good. Exercise is important but a solid diet will make it a smooth coast to the finish line. I'm not sure if you've read the sticky on nutrition yet, but if not here it is. I can't stress enough the importance of knowing what you should/shouldn't be eating and how much of it you should be eating.

Good luck, and keep us updated! If you have any questions don't be a stranger.

Thing is, if you just lose weight without exercising you'll be just as flabby but with a slightly smaller circumference.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
DimmuKlok
Profile Joined June 2010
United States225 Posts
March 27 2012 07:53 GMT
#2893
On March 27 2012 16:40 Osmoses wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2012 16:02 DimmuKlok wrote:
On March 27 2012 11:21 Nokarot wrote:
Making a second attempt at a better body. Mind you, before any of you super fit dudes comes and gives me advice, my goal isnt to run any marathons but simply to lose weight. As it stands, I've lost 8 pounds so far (287 now, though people s ay I look 220, w/e) in the last 3 weeks from diet alone. I realize exercise is important for continued progress, but I'm pretty comfortable with the progress I've made for the time being.

That's great you're getting in better shape. You're going to feel amazing when you drop the weight.

Your diet is the biggest contributor to weight loss, so make sure it's good. Exercise is important but a solid diet will make it a smooth coast to the finish line. I'm not sure if you've read the sticky on nutrition yet, but if not here it is. I can't stress enough the importance of knowing what you should/shouldn't be eating and how much of it you should be eating.

Good luck, and keep us updated! If you have any questions don't be a stranger.

Thing is, if you just lose weight without exercising you'll be just as flabby but with a slightly smaller circumference.

Yes, I don't recommend not exercising by any means. I was just commenting about the importance of a good diet specifically.
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
March 27 2012 11:06 GMT
#2894
Back from a 6 month alcohol, travel and party binge. I'm like 187lb last time I weighed this I was losing all the weight. I had a peak of 215lb and a low end although really skinny of 150lb.

I've already made the commitment to get back into it and get l lean and healthy again. I think if I can stop drinking I should be able to turn my life around. Still unsure on how to achieve this.

Should I jump straight back into SS?
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
Nokarot
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1410 Posts
March 27 2012 12:14 GMT
#2895
On March 27 2012 16:40 Osmoses wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2012 16:02 DimmuKlok wrote:
On March 27 2012 11:21 Nokarot wrote:
Making a second attempt at a better body. Mind you, before any of you super fit dudes comes and gives me advice, my goal isnt to run any marathons but simply to lose weight. As it stands, I've lost 8 pounds so far (287 now, though people s ay I look 220, w/e) in the last 3 weeks from diet alone. I realize exercise is important for continued progress, but I'm pretty comfortable with the progress I've made for the time being.

That's great you're getting in better shape. You're going to feel amazing when you drop the weight.

Your diet is the biggest contributor to weight loss, so make sure it's good. Exercise is important but a solid diet will make it a smooth coast to the finish line. I'm not sure if you've read the sticky on nutrition yet, but if not here it is. I can't stress enough the importance of knowing what you should/shouldn't be eating and how much of it you should be eating.

Good luck, and keep us updated! If you have any questions don't be a stranger.

Thing is, if you just lose weight without exercising you'll be just as flabby but with a slightly smaller circumference.


I'm aware, but as I said, my entire goal is to lose weight, not to become some kind of beefy fit dude.

I don't really have the willpower to exercise when I'm out of breath after a minute of running. My hope is that losing weight first will make it easier to become fit later.
beep beep boop
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
March 27 2012 12:15 GMT
#2896
NRGS WB :-)
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-27 12:29:35
March 27 2012 12:21 GMT
#2897
WB ENERGIES

answer: yes. and start reaaally low, so it feels achieveable. also if you have any other overdue things in your life like a MESSY BEDROOM then you need to take care of those first coz they will just drag you down and you will be too tired from gym to bother with them. chuck out all your crappy old frozen food and do a clean shop. do your laundry and go to bed at 10pm latest (or give yourself like 12 hours of sleep time incase you cant sleep properly and keep waking up). and if you ever feel like drinking / getting drunk then go buy 8 cans of cocacola instead and put on your fav show/bw/whatever. cocacola will give you a big high like booze does and wont leave you in an utter mess. buy a protein shake ASAP and a measuring jug/shaker bottle to drink it
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
mcmartini
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia1972 Posts
March 27 2012 12:27 GMT
#2898
On March 27 2012 20:06 Energies wrote:
Back from a 6 month alcohol, travel and party binge. I'm like 187lb last time I weighed this I was losing all the weight. I had a peak of 215lb and a low end although really skinny of 150lb.

I've already made the commitment to get back into it and get l lean and healthy again. I think if I can stop drinking I should be able to turn my life around. Still unsure on how to achieve this.

Should I jump straight back into SS?

Stopping drinking is easier than I expected I haven't touched alcohol or soft drink since 2012 started, just make it a no go policy, no alcohol period. I know it can be hard it Aus when you do that, all my friends calling me soft and shit for not coming out and getting pissed every weekend but just remember the end goal and it's easy :D
I just want to say I have 370 APM - Liquid'Tyler SotG 14-12-2011 "I mean it's too bad you can't be paid to be, you know, a chicken shit fucking whiny bitch on the internet or we would have lots of rich community members" Nick "Tasteless" Plott
mcmartini
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia1972 Posts
March 27 2012 12:27 GMT
#2899
On March 27 2012 09:22 decafchicken wrote:
@Sjarl - Fuck. Now i really need to squat 200kg again You and gotunk getting huge.

Took it pretty easy today. Rugby game saturday + free booze n strip clubs + all state tryouts on sunday = sore decaf.

Snatch - 5x2 @ 90kg, couple singles at 95 and 100
CJ - up to 115. Realize this is going nowhere.
Back squat - singles up to 155kg. Realize this is going nowhere
Front squat - singles increase by 5kg from 100 to 155. Better than expected. 155 was like a 5 second grind.
Bench - 3x5 @ 205 This is going well. Weight felt good but not difficult Finally gonna start making real gains. Chest looking less like a pre pubescent girl.
Pull ups - 3x5 +10 pounds. Weight belt was broken so i had to hold dumb bell between my feet ~~

Is that 205kg benches?
I just want to say I have 370 APM - Liquid'Tyler SotG 14-12-2011 "I mean it's too bad you can't be paid to be, you know, a chicken shit fucking whiny bitch on the internet or we would have lots of rich community members" Nick "Tasteless" Plott
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
March 27 2012 12:34 GMT
#2900
Nah it's pounds, olympic plates are in kg and regular in pounds. In the US that is .
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
Prev 1 143 144 145 146 147 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2641
RotterdaM708
TaKeTV 306
IndyStarCraft 173
BRAT_OK 80
ZombieGrub35
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2641
RotterdaM 708
ByuN 379
IndyStarCraft 173
MaxPax 171
BRAT_OK 80
UpATreeSC 51
ZombieGrub35
RuFF_SC2 33
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3360
Shuttle 873
Mini 478
EffOrt 422
Rush 173
Dewaltoss 148
Mind 89
910 73
Zeus 70
HiyA 66
[ Show more ]
Shinee 60
hero 55
Bale 27
sorry 25
ToSsGirL 17
Sexy 10
zelot 10
Sacsri 8
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5619
qojqva2923
Counter-Strike
fl0m5245
pashabiceps791
Fnx 684
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2764
Other Games
singsing1985
Beastyqt798
ceh9672
mouzStarbuck247
XaKoH 121
C9.Mang074
QueenE72
Trikslyr65
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 111
• StrangeGG 31
• Reevou 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV186
Other Games
• imaqtpie514
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 15m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 15m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.