• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:48
CEST 05:48
KST 12:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6557 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 138

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 136 137 138 139 140 379 Next
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 01:50:06
March 23 2012 01:46 GMT
#2741
I'm sorry, but that pic isn't impressive to me at all =\

You also need to get rid of this idea of armwrestling being a valid judgement of strength. If neither of you have done wrestling do something like that, or play some rugby or football (american) or just compare some lift numbers.

Focus on deadlift/bench/pullups if you want to look like that imo. Obv squats as well, but once you're past intermediate stuff focus on deadlift routines. If you want neck strength do neck exercises, lay down on a bench with you head over the side, put a plate on the side of your head and treat it like a hyper for your neck. Do some wrestling neck stretches (google it) etc etc.

On March 23 2012 10:43 FFGenerations wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 10:40 Hurricane wrote:
if by a few pages you mean 10 then I found it. I dunno what's so impressive about his neck, only thing I see is decent traps which is obv from deads/cleans.

I have no idea why you think chins have anything to do with your neck.


i get pullups confused with chinups. IMO it is either lateral pulldowns or wide-grip chin/pullups (im thinking pullups since i get confused) that achieve this


oh and excuse me if i dont think neck muscles right up to his motherfucking CHEEKBONE is impressive

pullups is palm away from you, chin up is palm toward, I can't think of an easy way to remember this =[

his traps up to his cheekbone is just genetics, he has an unusually short neck. I'm the opposite.
Here's me circa 2007 for reference + Show Spoiler +
I'm on the right
[image loading]

let me know if the img doesn't work, it's from facebook

RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
March 23 2012 01:52 GMT
#2742
That's just the insertion of his trap muscles. If they were actually big and strong, they would be rounded the other direction instead of sloping in like that. Imo that's not a very impressive picture, but if you want to work those muscles do cleans and shrugs.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
March 23 2012 03:04 GMT
#2743
Can't wait to squat on saturday. 200kg IM COMING. 1 more fucking day -.-
Gonna stretch+light sauna to further prepare myself.

I'm also having 2 dates, with 2 girls on saturday after my squat.

/brag
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
March 23 2012 03:10 GMT
#2744
hahahahaha that is a sick lineup for a saturday. glgl =]
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
March 23 2012 03:24 GMT
#2745
omg there are 2 of you
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
March 23 2012 03:34 GMT
#2746
On March 23 2012 12:04 GoTuNk! wrote:
Can't wait to squat on saturday. 200kg IM COMING. 1 more fucking day -.-
Gonna stretch+light sauna to further prepare myself.

I'm also having 2 dates, with 2 girls on saturday after my squat.

/brag


let just call this the 100kg/bitch quest.

:D?
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
March 23 2012 03:34 GMT
#2747
@ffg i did judo for a semester, that was fun

On March 23 2012 10:20 phyre112 wrote:
Sorry weight room progress - I need to go celebrate the Elite 8.

@Decaf... Louisville? Really?

I'm pretty sure i've been hearing all season that the big east was overrated. Two in the elite 8 and a possible two more? (Marquette and cincy)


that was an awful awful game. and shut up at least we can beat wisconsin.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
March 23 2012 06:53 GMT
#2748
On March 23 2012 12:34 decafchicken wrote:
@ffg i did judo for a semester, that was fun

Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 10:20 phyre112 wrote:
Sorry weight room progress - I need to go celebrate the Elite 8.

@Decaf... Louisville? Really?

I'm pretty sure i've been hearing all season that the big east was overrated. Two in the elite 8 and a possible two more? (Marquette and cincy)


that was an awful awful game. and shut up at least we can beat wisconsin.


So can we, apparently. My bracket is busted though - had Florida state and Marquette in my final four
SiZ.FaNtAsY
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Korea (South)1497 Posts
March 23 2012 07:08 GMT
#2749
Hey guys I've been doing SL and as you all know working out 3x is the most optimal way to build muscle while not be susceptible to overtraining. However, I'm not used to going from training 5-6x a week to 3x a week and I always crave going to the gym on my off days. I really don't want to overtrain and be counter productive so I'm just wondering what do rest of you guys do when you're craving the gym/pump high.

Thanks again! I'll post my progress soon!
Karma is a bitch
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
March 23 2012 07:14 GMT
#2750
On March 23 2012 16:08 SiZ.FaNtAsY wrote:
Hey guys I've been doing SL and as you all know working out 3x is the most optimal way to build muscle while not be susceptible to overtraining. However, I'm not used to going from training 5-6x a week to 3x a week and I always crave going to the gym on my off days. I really don't want to overtrain and be counter productive so I'm just wondering what do rest of you guys do when you're craving the gym/pump high.

Thanks again! I'll post my progress soon!

Once the wait gets heavy you will want to rest on your rest days, at least thats what happened to me. I'm miserable after a day of deadlifts.

Rest is really important, don't underestimate it
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
March 23 2012 07:19 GMT
#2751
On March 23 2012 16:08 SiZ.FaNtAsY wrote:
Hey guys I've been doing SL and as you all know working out 3x is the most optimal way to build muscle while not be susceptible to overtraining. However, I'm not used to going from training 5-6x a week to 3x a week and I always crave going to the gym on my off days. I really don't want to overtrain and be counter productive so I'm just wondering what do rest of you guys do when you're craving the gym/pump high.

Thanks again! I'll post my progress soon!


What kovu said - the craving will go away when you remain exhausted on your off day.

If it's really killing you, go in and do some light jogging, or play some pickup basketball or whatever. Hell, I play rugby 5x/week on top of liftin 4x a week. Sure, it exhausts me to the point I'm not good for much else, and each one is limiting my progress in the other, but hell... it's FUN.
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 08:49:49
March 23 2012 08:35 GMT
#2752
Guy at my gym yesterday, he's a bursary athlete and doesn't use the uni gym normally:

200kg Squat
240kg Deadlift
180kg Bench!!!!

Bugger me. Seeing some big numbers in the PR thread is one thing, seeing someone actually do that is another. He's a European champion at something though. I wasn't supposed to be doing weights just went to cox a friend through a 2k, but ended up doing front squats with him just because I wanted to be cool. Really nice guy too.

I also managed to weigh myself and it's a lot more than I'd been putting into spreadsheets and stuff. I weighed in at 92.7kg, I thought I was 85-88. I can't have put that on in muscle so I've put fat on somewhere, but can't see it so shan't complain.

Edit: Just to clarify I didn't actually see him do those numbers, those are the numbers he told me. Just saw well over 200kg deadlift then some big front squats.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
March 23 2012 10:07 GMT
#2753
I did my military service with a guy who was something like the 3rd or 4th best in the world at armwrestling. His sister was the world champion. I can tell you that it's mostly forearms and technique. You might not think armwrestling has anything to do with skill, but you have no idea. The guy used his whole body, going back and forth to sort of sneak his way in between my muscles, to push where I was weak, and never letting me actually use my strength. Exhausting oO
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
March 23 2012 12:38 GMT
#2754
After doing power shrugs on Coan/Phillipi I'll never do regular shrugs again . I've never felt anything in my traps after shrugs, but power shrugs absolutely destroyed my upper back and traps.
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
March 23 2012 13:32 GMT
#2755
Rough day at the gym. Slept through alarm so kinda rushed. Still wasn't sure what I wanted to do for my squats since I have a race tomorrow so instead of 245lb 5x5 I just decide to do 135, 185, 235, 245x2 all x5. Quad pain on the no bar warm up >< Man up and do them but the warm up sets feel bad. Muscle out the 245s and now my knees hurt. Sigh.

Deadlifted 245 1x5 with double overhand grip this time though
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
March 23 2012 14:51 GMT
#2756
On March 23 2012 16:08 SiZ.FaNtAsY wrote:
Hey guys I've been doing SL and as you all know working out 3x is the most optimal way to build muscle while not be susceptible to overtraining. However, I'm not used to going from training 5-6x a week to 3x a week and I always crave going to the gym on my off days. I really don't want to overtrain and be counter productive so I'm just wondering what do rest of you guys do when you're craving the gym/pump high.

Thanks again! I'll post my progress soon!

Its not like you need to limit yourself if you're in decent shape. If you're in shape/not a total beginner doing other things won't hinder you much. I lift 3x a week and have rugby practice + game 4x a week. If i'm not at the gym i'm usually playing rugby so maybe pick up a sport? Some sort of HIIT?
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
XuoriG
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada165 Posts
March 23 2012 16:07 GMT
#2757
Not if sure if its just a lack of energy, or lack of endurance, but squating and deadlifting on the same day is starting to be pretty hard. I feel like if I wanted to get better at DL I'd need to do it on a different day than squat.

For now my squat and DL numbers are equal (120kg) but I feel like my DL could be so much higher if I wasn't so exhausted from squats
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
March 23 2012 16:08 GMT
#2758
On March 23 2012 21:38 Sneakyz wrote:
After doing power shrugs on Coan/Phillipi I'll never do regular shrugs again . I've never felt anything in my traps after shrugs, but power shrugs absolutely destroyed my upper back and traps.


Lol, yeah. Normal shurgs are such a waste of time compared to power shrugs, it is not even funny.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
March 23 2012 16:11 GMT
#2759
On March 23 2012 16:08 SiZ.FaNtAsY wrote:
Hey guys I've been doing SL and as you all know working out 3x is the most optimal way to build muscle while not be susceptible to overtraining. However, I'm not used to going from training 5-6x a week to 3x a week and I always crave going to the gym on my off days. I really don't want to overtrain and be counter productive so I'm just wondering what do rest of you guys do when you're craving the gym/pump high.

Thanks again! I'll post my progress soon!



I had the same thing. I'm just committing to those three days till I'm strong enough/my recovery is bad enough that I can switch to one of the 4 day a week programs like 5/3/1 or something. Of course I could always try and move stuff around now but I can't say I know what I'm doing with planning a routine.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
March 23 2012 16:13 GMT
#2760
you eventually can add in more workouts when your body adjusts to the training. i lift twice mon-wed and have one session fri and sunday.

also i was testing my vert a couple days ago and only got to 23-24" lol. my single leg was 15-17" lolol
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Prev 1 136 137 138 139 140 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 219
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17716
Rain 1454
GuemChi 641
sSak 43
Bale 23
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1022
taco 462
minikerr37
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1021
Mew2King69
Other Games
summit1g7651
JimRising 637
WinterStarcraft579
C9.Mang0170
ViBE121
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1066
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 18
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo786
• Stunt277
Other Games
• Shiphtur744
• Scarra718
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 12m
INu's Battles
7h 12m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
9h 12m
OSC
18h 27m
Replay Cast
19h 12m
OSC
1d 19h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.