• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:55
CEST 21:55
KST 04:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9613 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 587

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 585 586 587 588 589 730 Next
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
September 15 2011 20:09 GMT
#11721
Start making up your mind dude. Lose fat easy or gain muscle easy.
If you wanna lose fat cut out carbs. If you wanna gain muscle eat everything in sight.
Since you're small eat everything.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
Nazarene
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Denmark996 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-15 21:14:11
September 15 2011 21:13 GMT
#11722
Week 2 of Coan-Phillipi

2x1 160 kg
8x3 speed sets with 130 kg

3x8 100 kg stiff leg DL
3x8 65 kg rows
3x8 40 kg good mornings (GM is ridiculously hard?)
3x8 weighted chinups (20 kg)

The 2x1 160 kg went well, 170 should be np next week (which will be new PR :-D).
Nazarene
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Denmark996 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-15 21:13:46
September 15 2011 21:13 GMT
#11723
quoted instead of edit
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
September 15 2011 21:25 GMT
#11724
In my search for good snack food to take to work I found coconuts. Taste fantastic, easy to have on the go and apparently full of good stuff (although I don't know what half that stuff does and if/how much is good):

Nutritional information for coconuts (per 100 grams):
Protein: 3.33g
Fat: 33.49g
Carbohydrate: 15.23g
Sugar: 6.23g
Calcium: 14mg
Iron: 2.43mg
Potassium: 356mg
Sodium: 20mg
Zinc: 1.1mg
Selenium: 10.1 microgram
Vitamin C: 3.3mg

Coconut = good snack food?
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
September 15 2011 21:25 GMT
#11725
So my groin really hurts when/after I do squats and I have no idea why. I like to think my form is good. I'm working on keeping off my toes (my shoes are literally the worst possible squatting shoes, getting lifting shoes asap) and my feet are relatively straight. Would angling my feet out more help? Anyone know what would put so much strain on my groin?
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 15 2011 21:36 GMT
#11726
On September 16 2011 06:25 zatic wrote:
In my search for good snack food to take to work I found coconuts. Taste fantastic, easy to have on the go and apparently full of good stuff (although I don't know what half that stuff does and if/how much is good):

Nutritional information for coconuts (per 100 grams):
Protein: 3.33g
Fat: 33.49g
Carbohydrate: 15.23g
Sugar: 6.23g
Calcium: 14mg
Iron: 2.43mg
Potassium: 356mg
Sodium: 20mg
Zinc: 1.1mg
Selenium: 10.1 microgram
Vitamin C: 3.3mg

Coconut = good snack food?


Very very good.

If you have access to the new forum that isn't yet public I mentioned them in the nutritional stick on why coconuts/medium chain triglycerides are good. Ify ou wanna check it out since you have mod powers and should be able to find it.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 15 2011 21:37 GMT
#11727
On September 16 2011 06:25 Hurricane wrote:
So my groin really hurts when/after I do squats and I have no idea why. I like to think my form is good. I'm working on keeping off my toes (my shoes are literally the worst possible squatting shoes, getting lifting shoes asap) and my feet are relatively straight. Would angling my feet out more help? Anyone know what would put so much strain on my groin?


Need some more information...

How's your flexibility?
Are your knees collapsing in?
etc.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
September 15 2011 21:37 GMT
#11728
On September 16 2011 06:25 Hurricane wrote:
So my groin really hurts when/after I do squats and I have no idea why. I like to think my form is good. I'm working on keeping off my toes (my shoes are literally the worst possible squatting shoes, getting lifting shoes asap) and my feet are relatively straight. Would angling my feet out more help? Anyone know what would put so much strain on my groin?


If your feet are about shoulder width apart, they should be angled out at about 30 degrees.
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
[GiTM]-Ace
Profile Joined September 2002
United States4935 Posts
September 15 2011 21:39 GMT
#11729
Whens that forum going public? I get sad every time you guys say something is in there lol
I may not be the best player right now but I think I can beat any 'best' players. I'll beat all the best players and become the best player. Watch me. - Jju
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
September 15 2011 21:45 GMT
#11730
On September 16 2011 06:37 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 06:25 Hurricane wrote:
So my groin really hurts when/after I do squats and I have no idea why. I like to think my form is good. I'm working on keeping off my toes (my shoes are literally the worst possible squatting shoes, getting lifting shoes asap) and my feet are relatively straight. Would angling my feet out more help? Anyone know what would put so much strain on my groin?


Need some more information...

How's your flexibility?
Are your knees collapsing in?
etc.

flexibility is totally fine. My knees might be coming in. I don't feel very solid coming out of the bottom.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-15 21:48:55
September 15 2011 21:48 GMT
#11731
On September 16 2011 06:45 Hurricane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 06:37 eshlow wrote:
On September 16 2011 06:25 Hurricane wrote:
So my groin really hurts when/after I do squats and I have no idea why. I like to think my form is good. I'm working on keeping off my toes (my shoes are literally the worst possible squatting shoes, getting lifting shoes asap) and my feet are relatively straight. Would angling my feet out more help? Anyone know what would put so much strain on my groin?


Need some more information...

How's your flexibility?
Are your knees collapsing in?
etc.

flexibility is totally fine. My knees might be coming in. I don't feel very solid coming out of the bottom.


General tips that may help...

+ Show Spoiler +
1. Your feet are shoulder width apart and slightly toed out.
2. Head up, looking slightly above parallel.
3. Don’t look down! Ground is in peripheral vision only!
4. Accentuate the normal arch of the lumbar curve while pulling the excess arch out of the abs.
5. Keep midsection very tight.
6. Send your butt and your back down.
7. Knees track over the line of the foot.
8. Don’t let knees roll over inside of foot.
9. Keep your weight on your heels as much as possible.
10. STAY OFF THE BALLS OF THE FEET!
11. Delay forward travel of the knees as much as possible.
12. Lift your arms up and out as you descend.
13. Elongated torso.
14. Send hands as far away from butt as possible.
15. In profile, the ear does not move forward during the squat, only straight down.
16. Don’t just sink into the squat, pull yourself down with your hip flexors.
17. Don’t let the lumbar curve surrender as you settle into the bottom.
18. Stop when the fold of the hip is below the crease of the knee. Break parallel with your thighs.
19. Squeeeeeeeze glutes and hammies, rise without any leaning forward or shifting of balance.
20. Return on the exact same path as you descended.
21. Use every bit of musculature you can, no part of the body is left uninvolved.
22. On rising, without moving the feet, exert pressure to the outside of your feet as though you were trying to separate the ground beneath you.
23. At the top of the stroke, stand as tall as possible.



On September 16 2011 06:39 [GiTM]-Ace wrote:
Whens that forum going public? I get sad every time you guys say something is in there lol


Talk to zatic and co.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
GumThief
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada284 Posts
September 15 2011 21:50 GMT
#11732
Hoooookay 415 deadlift! 2x bw baby :D
:))
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
September 15 2011 22:34 GMT
#11733
My flexibility has been getting terrible. Can't really sit with legs extended on floor at 90 degree angle. Been stretching sooo much but my hamstrings are still suuuper tight. I've been doing the stretch where you lye on your back and put your feet up on the doorway. Alternatives?
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-15 22:53:19
September 15 2011 22:51 GMT
#11734
Today is a proud day, I filled my first workout-notebook. It contains 180 strength-workouts between januar2010 and september2011. That is approximately 13 workouts per month, if you substract my stupid six month hiatus from september2010 until march2011.

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
[image loading]

Unfortunately, my Deadlift did not reward this special occasion with a new PR, I couldn't lock out the fifth rep @207,5kg. But I set a new PR for the Bench Press @111kgx5.

Front Squat: 110kg 3-3-3-3-3
Bench Press: 111kg 5-5-5 PR
Deadlift: 207,5kg x 4
DB-Incline Press: 37,5kg 10-10-9
Lat-Pulldowns, Chin-Up grip: 8-8-8 @70

On to the second notebook

"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Logros
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands9913 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-15 22:56:49
September 15 2011 22:54 GMT
#11735
On September 16 2011 07:34 Froadac wrote:
My flexibility has been getting terrible. Can't really sit with legs extended on floor at 90 degree angle. Been stretching sooo much but my hamstrings are still suuuper tight. I've been doing the stretch where you lye on your back and put your feet up on the doorway. Alternatives?

I had bad hamstring flexibility as well but I feel like Romanian deadlifts and Good mornings helped a lot. Also just standing hamstring stretches worked well for me.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
September 15 2011 23:43 GMT
#11736
On September 16 2011 07:51 Malinor wrote:
Today is a proud day, I filled my first workout-notebook. It contains 180 strength-workouts between januar2010 and september2011. That is approximately 13 workouts per month, if you substract my stupid six month hiatus from september2010 until march2011.

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
[image loading]

Unfortunately, my Deadlift did not reward this special occasion with a new PR, I couldn't lock out the fifth rep @207,5kg. But I set a new PR for the Bench Press @111kgx5.

Front Squat: 110kg 3-3-3-3-3
Bench Press: 111kg 5-5-5 PR
Deadlift: 207,5kg x 4
DB-Incline Press: 37,5kg 10-10-9
Lat-Pulldowns, Chin-Up grip: 8-8-8 @70

On to the second notebook



congrats dude, takes a lot of dedication to fill a notebook
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
September 16 2011 00:31 GMT
#11737
On September 16 2011 06:37 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 06:25 Hurricane wrote:
So my groin really hurts when/after I do squats and I have no idea why. I like to think my form is good. I'm working on keeping off my toes (my shoes are literally the worst possible squatting shoes, getting lifting shoes asap) and my feet are relatively straight. Would angling my feet out more help? Anyone know what would put so much strain on my groin?


Need some more information...

How's your flexibility?
Are your knees collapsing in?
etc.


also, squat BAREFOOT!

And eshlow, is bringing your knees in actually bad? The girl i lifted with over the summer bounces out of every clean and her knees often squeeze in around the sticking point. She's been doing it for years and her dad/coach/the guy who owns this site(http://sportivnypress.com/) says its perfectly fine.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 16 2011 00:45 GMT
#11738
On September 16 2011 09:31 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 06:37 eshlow wrote:
On September 16 2011 06:25 Hurricane wrote:
So my groin really hurts when/after I do squats and I have no idea why. I like to think my form is good. I'm working on keeping off my toes (my shoes are literally the worst possible squatting shoes, getting lifting shoes asap) and my feet are relatively straight. Would angling my feet out more help? Anyone know what would put so much strain on my groin?


Need some more information...

How's your flexibility?
Are your knees collapsing in?
etc.


also, squat BAREFOOT!

And eshlow, is bringing your knees in actually bad? The girl i lifted with over the summer bounces out of every clean and her knees often squeeze in around the sticking point. She's been doing it for years and her dad/coach/the guy who owns this site(http://sportivnypress.com/) says its perfectly fine.


Biomechanically, it's a very unsound position and puts a lot of stress on the ACL and other structures. This is how most athletes landing rupture ACL (usually single leg plant..) knee collapses inward and you tear ACL and possibly meniscus and maybe MCL if it's really bad.

That's why we want knees to track OVER toes, not inwards, not outwards.

Where you're pushing the limits of your sport with weightlifting sure it's fine..... just like rounding your back in power lifting is fine to get up more weight. Winning is winning regardless of form in lifting sports. But your propensity of injury is surely higher.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
September 16 2011 01:11 GMT
#11739
On September 16 2011 09:31 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 06:37 eshlow wrote:
On September 16 2011 06:25 Hurricane wrote:
So my groin really hurts when/after I do squats and I have no idea why. I like to think my form is good. I'm working on keeping off my toes (my shoes are literally the worst possible squatting shoes, getting lifting shoes asap) and my feet are relatively straight. Would angling my feet out more help? Anyone know what would put so much strain on my groin?


Need some more information...

How's your flexibility?
Are your knees collapsing in?
etc.


also, squat BAREFOOT!

I'm strongly considering doing this on Monday.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
Metallingus
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Philippines468 Posts
September 16 2011 01:17 GMT
#11740
On September 16 2011 10:11 Hurricane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 09:31 decafchicken wrote:
On September 16 2011 06:37 eshlow wrote:
On September 16 2011 06:25 Hurricane wrote:
So my groin really hurts when/after I do squats and I have no idea why. I like to think my form is good. I'm working on keeping off my toes (my shoes are literally the worst possible squatting shoes, getting lifting shoes asap) and my feet are relatively straight. Would angling my feet out more help? Anyone know what would put so much strain on my groin?


Need some more information...

How's your flexibility?
Are your knees collapsing in?
etc.


also, squat BAREFOOT!

I'm strongly considering doing this on Monday.


Squatting barefoot is awesome. I get a lot of strange and disapproving looks at the gym when I take off my shoes to squat, but fuck the haters. Most of 'em are the people I send away when they're doing curls / shrugs in my squat rack anyway.

Deadlifting barefoot is awesome too.
Overcome all. Especially plateaus.
Prev 1 585 586 587 588 589 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O87
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason183
BRAT_OK 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15495
Artosis 824
Mini 237
ZZZero.O 87
Mind 79
Hyun 38
Bale 24
NaDa 23
Dota 2
qojqva2522
420jenkins596
League of Legends
Doublelift1774
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5968
Khaldor1310
Liquid`Hasu1031
MindelVK9
Other Games
summit1g6284
FrodaN1959
B2W.Neo712
byalli346
ToD215
Railgan38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1286
BasetradeTV254
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
StarCraft 2
angryscii 33
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• Adnapsc2 30
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• FirePhoenix8
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie952
• Shiphtur262
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 5m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 5m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 5m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.