• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:58
CEST 05:58
KST 12:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9534 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 589

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 587 588 589 590 591 730 Next
kaiviti
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom3 Posts
September 16 2011 14:03 GMT
#11761
hi, im in the army and a big rugby fan. i play both rugby league and union however the rugby union season has just kicked off. im a flanker(6 or 7) and am just recovering from a foot injury. i was wondering if anyone had any specific weight lifting/cardio tips for the position that i play. thanks in advance.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51696 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 14:36:20
September 16 2011 14:33 GMT
#11762
went to shop, bought myself lots of salmon, tuna and vegetables. couldn't really find any nuts and i didn't have the money for some fresh meats... but i think it will do for now... i'll buy more shit when i have more money to spend.

edit: oh also frozen berries.

also i didn't go for a jog because my friend... locked his car keys in his car so he didn't get home before i headed off to work. maybe i'll try a HIIT tomorrow morning.
Commentator
Earll
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Norway847 Posts
September 16 2011 15:22 GMT
#11763
Herp derp, done with workout today.

5x3 55kg squat (up 5kg)
27.5 5x3 OHP (up 2.5kg)
Power Clean 0x0 watafak .

Squat went ok, the like.. bone or whatever in my neck is starting to hurt a bit though\ am not 100% sure where I should position the bar, but thats ok i'll figure it out. Unsure if i will add 5kg or 2.5 kg next squat session, time will tell. Tried to add 5kg on the OHP and do 30kg, but after 2 reps of that I was struggleing like fuck so I went down to 27.5kg .

The power clean hangs though i dont even know. I did the empty bar first and it went fine, added 5 kg and it went fine, added another 5kg and iet went fine, Tried to add another 5kg (for a total of 35 kg, which is what i did 3x5 of last week) and I just couldnt get it up, tried like 3 times, took a break, tried another 3 times, and idk what was so fucked up but it didnt go up so i just left it be for now :V I was not getting enough boost from my legs i guess.

I need to do something about my diet though because atm its costing me too much money T_T will see what I can figure out.
Wat
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
September 16 2011 15:31 GMT
#11764


omfg. I think I'm in love.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
September 16 2011 16:11 GMT
#11765
you perv! she cant be older than 15?
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
BouBou.865
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands814 Posts
September 16 2011 16:13 GMT
#11766
On September 17 2011 01:11 Zafrumi wrote:
you perv! she cant be older than 15?

German girls always look younger and willing, part of the charm. The other part is ofcourse dat olympic ass.
Playing League of Legends. IGN: Plain Skill
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 16:25:31
September 16 2011 16:21 GMT
#11767
On September 16 2011 16:59 Zafrumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 13:11 AoN.DimSum wrote:
holy fuck, check out the results for the European Juniors and under 23 results. It has a video for EVERY LIFT.

oops forgot link
http://www.ewf.sm/real-time/scoreboard.php?sessid=23


this site is awesome! is that russian girl (tatjana I believe was her name?) that broke the record recently gonna lift there as well?

@decaf: gl at your competition!


no clue, but Worlds is coming up soon, so I doubt she will bother with this competition.

@funkie, its ok she is 18
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
September 16 2011 16:24 GMT
#11768
On September 17 2011 01:13 BouBou.865 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 01:11 Zafrumi wrote:
you perv! she cant be older than 15?

German girls always look younger and willing, part of the charm. The other part is ofcourse dat olympic ass.


leave the german girls to me, malinor or zatic please!

On September 17 2011 01:21 AoN.DimSum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 16:59 Zafrumi wrote:
On September 16 2011 13:11 AoN.DimSum wrote:
holy fuck, check out the results for the European Juniors and under 23 results. It has a video for EVERY LIFT.

oops forgot link
http://www.ewf.sm/real-time/scoreboard.php?sessid=23


this site is awesome! is that russian girl (tatjana I believe was her name?) that broke the record recently gonna lift there as well?

@decaf: gl at your competition!


no clue, but Worlds is coming up soon, so I doubt she will bother with this competition.


yeah she wasnt there.
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
September 16 2011 17:19 GMT
#11769
On September 17 2011 00:22 Earll wrote:
Herp derp, done with workout today.

5x3 55kg squat (up 5kg)
27.5 5x3 OHP (up 2.5kg)
Power Clean 0x0 watafak .

Squat went ok, the like.. bone or whatever in my neck is starting to hurt a bit though\ am not 100% sure where I should position the bar, but thats ok i'll figure it out. Unsure if i will add 5kg or 2.5 kg next squat session, time will tell. Tried to add 5kg on the OHP and do 30kg, but after 2 reps of that I was struggleing like fuck so I went down to 27.5kg .

The power clean hangs though i dont even know. I did the empty bar first and it went fine, added 5 kg and it went fine, added another 5kg and iet went fine, Tried to add another 5kg (for a total of 35 kg, which is what i did 3x5 of last week) and I just couldnt get it up, tried like 3 times, took a break, tried another 3 times, and idk what was so fucked up but it didnt go up so i just left it be for now :V I was not getting enough boost from my legs i guess.

I need to do something about my diet though because atm its costing me too much money T_T will see what I can figure out.


Go back to the bar, I wouldnt add weight on the first few sessions. Post some videos of your form.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
September 16 2011 17:55 GMT
#11770
Coan-Philipi week 3

Deadlift: 212,5kg x 2.

Left it there since I believe you arent supposed to feel dealifts in your spine lol.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
BouBou.865
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands814 Posts
September 16 2011 19:22 GMT
#11771
Today:

75kg squat
62.5kg bench press
95kg deadlift

Will sleep better this weekend, continue eating well, more veggies though Been eating straight up a kilo of meat each day and milk and fruit juice, but like zero veggies. Not gud.
Playing League of Legends. IGN: Plain Skill
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
September 16 2011 21:12 GMT
#11772
Went to the gym just to watch my roommate, took the day off. This guy in there did a set of SEVEN 100kg snatches off blocks @ ~70-75kg bodyweight.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
shinosai
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1577 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 22:35:32
September 16 2011 22:34 GMT
#11773
I think my problem was purely one of diet. This week I've been getting 3500 calories and my squats went up +10 this week, whereas previously I'd been getting +5 a week or worse. I think I just wasn't eating as much as I thought I was. I was probably hovering slightly below 3k.
Be versatile, know when to retreat, and carry a big gun.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 16 2011 22:37 GMT
#11774
On September 17 2011 07:34 shinosai wrote:
I think my problem was purely one of diet. This week I've been getting 3500 calories and my squats went up +10 this week, whereas previously I'd been getting +5 a week or worse. I think I just wasn't eating as much as I thought I was. I was probably hovering slightly below 3k.


Yeah dude. It really makes a big difference.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 23:28:59
September 16 2011 23:25 GMT
#11775
On September 17 2011 06:12 decafchicken wrote:
Went to the gym just to watch my roommate, took the day off. This guy in there did a set of SEVEN 100kg snatches off blocks @ ~70-75kg bodyweight.


woah.....whats his name?

My friends from uni came down to my gym today. One of them squatted 230kg at 75ish bw.

Also, my jerk is still ass....so frustrating. I kept missing 115 off blocks today. No clue how I smoked 110 but 115 felt so heavy. I prob should complain about it more in my blog.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2138688865211 - 110 jerk
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
September 16 2011 23:47 GMT
#11776
Finally got to do some specific position work today at practice; keeping the head up, being quick out of the scrum, and like Decaf said "being completely fearless." Was talked through how offense is supposed to work in Rugby, but I only got about 5 minutes of actually playing it. I'm lost there - all I know is to get to the ball, try to ruck over it, and then see what happens. My defense is coming along, I suppose. I got pretty pissed the last half hour, and started playing like it... but I think that was actually finally me playing correctly. I've never been "angry" about a sport before, but I've only run cross country and played basketball so I guess that makes sense. For the first time in my life, I didn't want to just "play right", I wanted to "beat the other guy." So that was a pretty big mindset change.

Going to the gym tomorrow if I can find the time... Should be a light lift - heavy PC, c&J practice, front squat triples up to a max for the day, and then pullups. I'm bringing a guy with me that's never lifted before, so I think I'll also have to teach him back squat form, hang cleans, and... overhead press? I don't remember what goes with PC in the SS program, but OHP would be a lot easier than waiting for a bench, and having to spot him, and all that crap.
HerbalTylenol
Profile Joined September 2010
62 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-17 00:01:25
September 16 2011 23:58 GMT
#11777
Ok so I've read the last 20-30 pages...and the advice I find is, and I'm generalizing and oversimplifying a lot, to eat a A LOT (3000+ cals) when lifting and that cardio is really not that necessary unless you're into some sport that requires use of it.

Now check this post out: http://www.reddit.com/r/BTFC/comments/ialq6/completion_post_wait_for_me_m2656_25_lbs/

That guy said he lifted...but also did a lot of cardio. The most surprising thing I noticed is that he ate only 1500 cals and yet he's still jacked as hell.

Of course some of the stuff he did is kind of stupid, like that Shakeology crap...but those are nit picky things and overall, it seems like he did do lifts, but he did LOTS of cardio and ate only 1500 cals.

That's the body type I want to go for btw, I'm not interested in 200 lbs bodies...this guy went from 167 lbs to I guess 142 lbs? Doesn't say his final weight but he said he lost 25 lbs and his starting weight was 167 lbs.

Someone explain this please...because all the advice in the OP about doing SS while loading up on cals and not caring about cardio...doesn't seem to apply to this guy at all.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 17 2011 00:03 GMT
#11778
On September 17 2011 08:58 HerbalTylenol wrote:
Ok so I've read the last 20-30 pages...and the advice I find is, and I'm generalizing and oversimplifying a lot, to eat a A LOT (3000+ cals) when lifting and that cardio is really not that necessary unless you're into some sport that requires use of it.

Now check this post out: http://www.reddit.com/r/BTFC/comments/ialq6/completion_post_wait_for_me_m2656_25_lbs/

That guy said he lifted...but also did a lot of cardio. The most surprising thing I noticed is that he ate only 1500 cals and yet he's still jacked as hell.

Of course some of the stuff he did is kind of stupid, like that Shakeology crap...but those are nit picky things and overall, it seems like he did do lifts, but he did LOTS of cardio and ate only 1500 cals.

That's the body type I want to go for btw, I'm not interested in 200 lbs bodies...this guy went from 167 lbs to I guess 142 lbs? Doesn't say his final weight but he said he lost 25 lbs and his starting weight was 167 lbs.

Someone explain this please...because all the advice in the OP about doing SS while loading up on cals and not caring about cardio...doesn't seem to apply to this guy at all.


What's his height?

We have more than enough people tha would be willing to post their pics that are shredded like that from lifting heavy weights and eating correctly...... at a not so paltry weight.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
HerbalTylenol
Profile Joined September 2010
62 Posts
September 17 2011 00:09 GMT
#11779
On September 17 2011 09:03 eshlow wrote:
What's his height?

We have more than enough people tha would be willing to post their pics that are shredded like that from lifting heavy weights and eating correctly...... at a not so paltry weight.


I have no clue about his height, I don't see it in that post.

I'm not asking for people to post pics on TL, I'm asking whether it makes more sense to eat a lot less like this guy did and do lots of cardio, than what's recommended a lot in this thread...eat lots when lifting and keep cardio to a minimum.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-17 00:17:00
September 17 2011 00:13 GMT
#11780
On September 17 2011 09:09 HerbalTylenol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 09:03 eshlow wrote:
What's his height?

We have more than enough people tha would be willing to post their pics that are shredded like that from lifting heavy weights and eating correctly...... at a not so paltry weight.


I have no clue about his height, I don't see it in that post.

I'm not asking for people to post pics on TL, I'm asking whether it makes more sense to eat a lot less like this guy did and do lots of cardio, than what's recommended a lot in this thread...eat lots when lifting and keep cardio to a minimum.


You're asking two different questions.

Eating a lot + lifting = gaining muscle and weight in general

Eating less + cardio + light weights like he did = going to lose weight, maybe gain some muscle

These two are not nearly the same thing because you are changing multiple variables: e.g. changing diet, type of weights lifted, cardio or not, etc.

This also depends if your STARTING point is: underweight, normal weight, or obese


He was approximately normal weight, and did #2 it looks like. Now he looks shredded but I can't tell if he's underweight without his height.

If you cut caloric intake and lift heavy weights you will likely get shredded faster than what he did though. "Heavy weights" (e.g. 5-8 repetitions range) is generally better for hypertrophy of muscles than 9-15ish range.

I would say actual heavy weights is like 1-4 RM, but I'm trying to get a point across here.... 5-8 RM is better for hypertrophy, especially for beginners.

But that's not what you're asking because you don't understand the concepts yet...

Read this:
http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2009/08/the-relationship-between-diet-and-exercise/
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Prev 1 587 588 589 590 591 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 625
Larva 80
NaDa 56
Leta 51
TT1 19
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 690
Other Games
summit1g10174
WinterStarcraft424
Mew2King110
ViBE82
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1360
BasetradeTV243
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1099
• Lourlo797
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 2m
INu's Battles
8h 2m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 2m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
Replay Cast
19h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.